Crysis Officially announced for consoles(Ps3/360)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

Strength mode was a giant joke in Crysis 2. It was only meant to be used in certain scenarios. SEE THAT GIANT CAR WHERE THE ENEMIES ARE JUST STANDING BEHIND. KICK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aiming was so pointless since it was impossible to miss.

Fizzman
You could use strength melee whenever you wanted.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I'm not lying .

Its unfortunate i'm unable to link IGN article on G.S as G.S giving me error for the link ,

But read same article on IGN :

Crytek No Longer Making PC Exclusives
President Cevat Yerli says software piracy is a big threat.
April 29, 2008

indzman

For one, Cevat thinks Crysis is able to sell as much as Call of duty

Secondly, what I bolded above. Mid 2010 the franchise sold 5 million. That's not poor.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 ChubbyGuy40

You could use strength melee whenever you wanted. AAllxxjjnn

You hit people with the gun. You didn't get to punch them. Not only that, you didn't get a choice in the strength punch, which did as much damage as a regular punch in Crysis 1.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#204 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

[QUOTE="Arach666"][QUOTE="indzman"]

I'm unable to link IGN article as G.S is acting glitchy atm ...

CEVAT himself stating Crysis POOR SALES for PC piracy ( Max 1 million sales ) and his company stopping to make further PC exclusives .

Google * Crysis no longer making PC exclusives " IGN article .

indzman

Crysis and the expansion sold almost 5M copies,stop lying.

I'm not lying .

Its unfortunate i'm unable to link IGN article on G.S as G.S giving me error for the link ,

April 29, 2008

Cevat Yerli, president of Crytek Studios, has said his company may no longer exclusively develop PC games. Crytek is known for Far Cry and, most recently, the critically acclaimed Crysis. While Crysis has sold more than one million units since its November debut, these numbers don't come close to Halo 3, which managed to sell an impressive three million units in 12 days. Yerli told PCPlay that software piracy is the biggest threat to PC gaming.

And you thought,sice April 2008 the game stopped selling? Because what you were trying to imply was that Crysis had only sold 1M copies,but under the guise of that article,when the game and the expansion in total alread sold around 5M copies(Crysis was at 3M and Warhead at 1.6M eary last year).

Also,the same Cevat that said that also,said they were very happy with the sales numbers of the game at some point,and then completely changed their tune.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 AAllxxjjnn

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]You could use strength melee whenever you wanted. ChubbyGuy40

You hit people with the gun. You didn't get to punch them. Not only that, you didn't get a choice in the strength punch, which did as much damage as a regular punch in Crysis 1.

Hold the melee button and you get a strength melee dude.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#206 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

[QUOTE="Arach666"][QUOTE="indzman"]

I'm unable to link IGN article as G.S is acting glitchy atm ...

CEVAT himself stating Crysis POOR SALES for PC piracy ( Max 1 million sales ) and his company stopping to make further PC exclusives .

Google * Crysis no longer making PC exclusives " IGN article .

indzman

Crysis and the expansion sold almost 5M copies,stop lying.

I'm not lying .

April 29, 2008

Cevat Yerli, president of Crytek Studios, has said his company may no longer exclusively develop PC games. Crytek is known for Far Cry and, most recently, the critically acclaimed Crysis. While Crysis has sold more than one million units since its November debut, these numbers don't come close to Halo 3, which managed to sell an impressive three million units in 12 days. Yerli told PCPlay that software piracy is the biggest threat to PC gaming.

ok you aren't lyng, instead you are using a bunch of really old numbesr? No Crysis didn't sell as much as Halo 3, Yeril has always been a little "off" when it comes to what he wants for sales, they were wanting Black Ops level sales with Crysis 2. Crysis still sold very well by realistic standards, even EA said it exceeded their expectations. Crysis 2 did sell more on consoles, but it is hard to take these claims of poor sales seriously when the Crytek was comparing Crysis to things like Call of Duty or Halo.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#207 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="04dcarraher"] O yea 256mb of console memory equals 1gb of Pc memory NOT! CE3 with Crysis 2 was downgraded to work with consoles, the PC version of crysis 2 used the same texture assets as the console version while the console texture assets were using downgraded assets based off of Crysis on PC

Again CE3 can do everything CE2 can do. Crysis 2 is far from a downgrade. Looks and performs much better than the original. I still can't max out Crysis @ 60 frames with two gtx 460s.

yet draw distances are shorter , graphics are downgraded in many areas (but lighting is better with CE3 though) , level sizes are smaller, linear gameplay, so how exactly Crysis 2 not a downgrade from the first? Crysis 2 isnt more optminized its just les demasnding since it does less.

CE3 has Deferred Rendering For Lights(DRL).
UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#208 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]You could use strength melee whenever you wanted. AAllxxjjnn

A useless strength melee that drains all suit energy...

Yeah, that's real fun.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="Arach666"] Crysis and the expansion sold almost 5M copies,stop lying.Arach666

I'm not lying .

April 29, 2008

And you thought,sice April 2008 the game stopped selling? Because what you were trying to imply was that Crysis had only sold 1M copies,but under the guise of that article,when the game and the expansion in total alread sold around 5M copies(Crysis was at 3M and Warhead at 1.6M eary last year).

Also,the same Cevat that said that also,said they were very happy with the sales numbers of the game at some point,and then completely changed their tune.

Its a poor sales report .

Games like Call of Duty Black Ops tops 1 billion sales nowadays .

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 AAllxxjjnn

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

UnrealLegend

Yeah, that's real fun.

Then use the nano recharge perk so your battery charges faster?
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]You could use strength melee whenever you wanted. AAllxxjjnn

Uh...no? That's only for objects that have an option for it. Against regular enemies...there's just the regular punch.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#212 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Doesn't even look as good as the PC version, but at least there's new things about it(lighting, effects).

I would laugh if this were 60 bucks.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 UnrealLegend

[QUOTE="UnrealLegend"]

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"] Hold the melee button and you get a strength melee dude. AAllxxjjnn

Yeah, that's real fun.

The hell's that? :? I haven't played the multiplayer if that's what you're referring to.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 AAllxxjjnn

ChubbyGuy40

Uh...no? That's only for objects that have an option for it. Against regular enemies...there's just the regular punch.

No, you can pull it off whenever you want. Hold the melee button and the dude delivers a left hook to the enemy.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 ChubbyGuy40

indzman

Oh so you were just kidding this whole time. For a second I thought you were willingly posting false info.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 AAllxxjjnn

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="UnrealLegend"]

Yeah, that's real fun.

UnrealLegend

The hell's that? :? I haven't played the multiplayer if that's what you're referring to.

It's in the SP. In your Nanosuit 2 upgrades.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 ChubbyGuy40

No, you can pull it off whenever you want. Hold the melee button and the dude delivers a left hook to the enemy. AAllxxjjnn

I just loaded up Crysis 2 to test that....no. Nothing happens at all. It doesn't even do a regular punch if I hold it down.

John_Read

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 John_Read
Member since 2009 • 1214 Posts
Exclusive lost :P
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 ChubbyGuy40

Exclusive lost :PJohn_Read

We'll have to see what changes are made. If enough changed, it could count as exclusive for both platforms. 99% likely to be a scaled down port.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 UnrealLegend

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]No, you can pull it off whenever you want. Hold the melee button and the dude delivers a left hook to the enemy. ChubbyGuy40

I just loaded up Crysis 2 to test that....no. Nothing happens at all. It doesn't even do a regular punch if I hold it down.

It is there, but you I think you need full suit energy to do it. And if you happen to miss, then you're screwed.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 ChubbyGuy40

It is there, but you I think you need full suit energy to do it. And if you happen to miss, then you're screwed.

UnrealLegend

I know. I tried that...and nothing happened. Not even with my controller.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 AAllxxjjnn

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]No, you can pull it off whenever you want. Hold the melee button and the dude delivers a left hook to the enemy. ChubbyGuy40

I'll make a video.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Arach666

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="indzman"]

I'm not lying .

April 29, 2008

indzman

Awesome. Alan Wake sold extremely poorly(in fact,TW2 on the PC sold about as much as AW in a month than AW did in almost 2 years).

Do you hear remedy cry and complain like Crytek does?

Killzone 3 is also selling extremely poorly compared to most big name FPS´s(and its the lead PS3 FPS franchise),do you hear guerrilla cry about that?

I can cite a ton of games in similar and much worse situations than Crytek,their game sold extremely well(in fact,not many games reach 3M+ copies),but they still manage to find excuses to cry around.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Arach666
Exclusive lost :PJohn_Read
That remains to be seen.
UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 UnrealLegend

[QUOTE="UnrealLegend"]

ChubbyGuy40

I know. I tried that...and nothing happened. Not even with my controller.

If it's any consolation (Get it?! :P :P :P), I've found that the actions that require you to hold a key (such as melee and grabbing) are very buggy, and don't always work.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts

I honestly don't see what the big uproar is all about. Consoles get a port of a great FPS; we should all be rejoicing that more people get to experience it.

Instead we get a bunch of console fanboys claiming victory and hermits on massive damage control. :roll:

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 UnrealLegend

I honestly don't see what the big uproar is all about. Consoles get a port of a great FPS; we should all be rejoicing that more people get to experience it.

Instead we get a bunch of console fanboys claiming victory and hermits on massive damage control. :roll:

AcidSoldner

That's SW for ya. ;)

hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

AcidSoldner

We're in System Wars, what did you expect?

Avatar image for ExplosiveChorro
ExplosiveChorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 ExplosiveChorro
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

ohhhhhh myyyyyyyyy god.

why crytek, why??

probably the the most shameless consolization of a game to date. It looks unbelievably water-downed...

Sorry but, the only way to play Crysis is on a gaming PC.

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts

ohhhhhh myyyyyyyyy god.

why crytek, why??

probably the the most shameless consolization of a game to date. It looks unbelievably water-downed...

Sorry but, the only way to play Crysis is on a gaming PC.

ExplosiveChorro

Come next month that won't be true anymore :).

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#231 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

• MMO's on consoles? CHECK! Not as many and as good on PC.
  • Counter Strike on conosles? CHECK! Counter Strike was on Xbox last gen.
  • Portal on consoles? CHECK! Does that matter when it was already multiplat?
  • Cross play between PC and conosle? CHECK! Hardly any games do that.
  • Free online on a console? CHECK! If you game on anything but Xbox systems.
  • keyboard and mouse on a console? CHECK Not many games use it.
  • Crysis on consoles? CHECK! Same premise, but a scaled down port that won't be the exact same as the PC version.

Next up world of warcraft!

PC soon will be bye bye :oops:

finalstar2007

By reading this, I don't see the PC going anywhere.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]No, you can pull it off whenever you want. Hold the melee button and the dude delivers a left hook to the enemy. AAllxxjjnn

I'll make a video.

Wait, is this multiplayer only? I'm looking at videos on YouTube and that's all I see.

I don't play the MP. It's not my thing (plus it was horribly broken at launch.)

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 AAllxxjjnn

ChubbyGuy40

I'll make a video.

Wait, is this multiplayer only? I'm looking at videos on YouTube and that's all I see.

No, it's Singleplayer.
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 indzman

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

Arach666

Awesome. Alan Wake sold extremely poorly(in fact,TW2 on the PC sold about as much as AW in a month than AW did in almost 2 years).

Killzone 3 is also selling extremely poorly compared to most big name FPS´s(and its the lead PS3 FPS franchise),do you hear guerrilla cry about that?

I can cite a ton of games in similar and much worse situations than Crytek,their game sold extremely well(in fact,not many games reach 3M+ copies),but they still manage to find excuses to cry around.

Well ,

Halo 3 crossed 10 million sales if you counting exclusives only . Uncharted and gears following .

You can't overlook the fact that PC piracy is destroying PC gaming . Main reason why devs are shifting base towards console gaming . See even Crysis is being ported to console for better sales .

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 ChubbyGuy40

Well ,

Halo 3 crossed 10 million sales if you counting exclusives only . Uncharted and gears following .

You can't overlook the fact that PC piracy is destroying PC gaming . Main reason why devs are shifting base towards console gaming . See even Crysis is being ported to console for better sales .

indzman

Piracy is destroying PC, yet no dev besides big business ones complain about it (or use it as a scapegoat for why their game that scored low and they didn't advertise sold like crap.) Piracy DESTROYED handhelds (with a few devs, mainly Ready at Dawn, expressing deep hate for it.) Piracy is busying working it's way into consoles (Which will beat PC if we go by last year, since the PS3 is now broken open.)

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

grats, you waited 5 years for a version that will look and run considerably worse.

lol consoles.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts
The PC lost an Exclusive today! :D So that means the 360 takes over as having the most 9.5 rated games this gen! :)
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 ChubbyGuy40

The PC lost an Exclusive today! :D So that means the 360 takes over as having the most 9.5 rated games this gen! :)xhawk27

>Scores 7.0

>Consolites suddenly don't care for the game once again.

Calling it now.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

The PC lost an Exclusive today! :D So that means the 360 takes over as having the most 9.5 rated games this gen! :)xhawk27

nope in the simple words of the engineer of TF2.

Its a multiplat.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Arach666

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="indzman"]

indzman

Well ,

Oh please,the most likely reason that Crysis is being ported to consoles is because Crysis 2 isn´t making as much money(and selling nowhere nearly as much Crytek expected on consoles)with the massive advertising campaign they had and mhigher budget than the first,

Piracy is as problem and it always was but its most certainly not killing PC gaming and never will,it´s pretty much the only gaming platfrom to be guaranted to always exist,for the sadness of many,I´m sure. ;)

Also,Halo 3 crossed 10M,yes,but certainly not Uncharted 2,it sold around half as that. Also,Starcraft 2 sold quite a few millions as well,and so did other games on the PC,cherry picking won´t lead you nowhere.

There are very few games that sell that much,the huge majority of games sell around 1M or less.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Arach666

I seriously doubt the console version will score a 9.5,very low chance of that happening. I´d be surprised if it scored AAA tbh.

Avatar image for ExplosiveChorro
ExplosiveChorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 ExplosiveChorro
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

Just wait and see,

It'll run like **** and look like ****.

Crysis on PC cannot be compared to any console game. Period.

And yes, I a hardcore hermit, PC is the only way to game.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 AAllxxjjnn

ChubbyGuy40

I'll make a video.

Here it is
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#244 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]The PC lost an Exclusive today! :D So that means the 360 takes over as having the most 9.5 rated games this gen! :)Arach666

I seriously doubt the console version will score a 9.5,very low chance of that happening. I´d be surprised if it scored AAA tbh.

Oh, I see it scoring a 9. Doesn't the original Crysis have immaculate game design?
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]The PC lost an Exclusive today! :D So that means the 360 takes over as having the most 9.5 rated games this gen! :)charizard1605

Oh, I see it scoring a 9. Doesn't the original Crysis have immaculate game design?

Nah, being on consoles means the gameplay will be retroactively consolized and dumbed down.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 indzman

[QUOTE="indzman"]

Well ,

ChubbyGuy40

Piracy is destroying PC, yet no dev besides big business ones complain about it (or use it as a scapegoat for why their game that scored low and they didn't advertise sold like crap.) Piracy DESTROYED handhelds (with a few devs, mainly Ready at Dawn, expressing deep hate for it.) Piracy is busying working it's way into consoles (Which will beat PC if we go by last year, since the PS3 is now broken open.)

Well console developers never complain about console piracy as PC devs do :P

Besides console gaming piracy is not alarming as PC piracy .

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#247 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
I can't believe people still debate the differences in the suit. Nanosuit 2.0 clumped too many abilities together, eliminating several strategic choices by streamlining its functionality. Not only that, it dumbs down speed and strength abilities horribly while omitting a few of the suits perks all together. The suits abilities in the first game made you feel like you were actually a superhuman soldier. The abilities in the second game are just so underwhelming it's laughable. Some people may think its better to just sprint, jump, and punch as you please. I think it just made the game more like every other FPS out there. Maybe it is nice to click in your left stick and speed walk whenever you feel like it. I much preferred running like I was Dodge Charger with legs. Maybe that's just me.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Arach666
[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]The PC lost an Exclusive today! :D So that means the 360 takes over as having the most 9.5 rated games this gen! :)charizard1605

Oh,it´s pretty darn good,but not only this is a port of a 4+ year old game and it will obviously not perform anywhere near the PC version.
hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

It did, but Crytek employees said that in order to get Crysis on a console they would have to redesign it around "action bubbles" rather than a large, seamless environment. There's also the fact that some critics might not be impressed with a port of a 4 year old game with worse visuals.