Crysis doesnt look that good.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gangster480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 gangster480
Member since 2006 • 856 Posts

I am a ps3 owner and i recently build a pc that can run crysis. the rig is over 1500 bucks. i run crysis and when i first saw it i thought it looked good nothing special. i ran the game on very high with 8xaa.

the environment and explosion effects looks really good but the character faces looks mediocre. everything looks very crisp and cleardue to higher resolution and 8xaa. buti dont think it looks better than uncharted 2 or killzone. those game has better designs and just look better i honestly think that people perceive crysis as good looking because of the high requirements.

all in all im really disappointed because i spent that much money for crysis because nothing else on the market needs that much power to run. and the gameplay is just terrible. i played past the first mission and i lost interest.

kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts
i disagree.
SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
i disagree.kidcool189
same and i dont believe what you are saying. post proof of your new pc.
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
Price of the rig isn't relevant. Also I disagree.
RyoXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RyoXX
Member since 2005 • 136 Posts

I am a ps3 owner and i recently build a pc that can run crysis. the rig is over 1500 bucks. i run crysis and when i first saw it i thought it looked good nothing special. i ran the game on very high with 8xaa.

the environment and explosion effects looks really good but the character faces looks mediocre. everything looks very crisp and cleardue to higher resolution and 8xaa. buti dont think it looks better than uncharted 2 or killzone. those game has better designs and just look better i honestly think that people perceive crysis as good looking because of the high requirements.

all in all im really disappointed because i spent that much money for crysis because nothing else on the market needs that much power to run. and the gameplay is just terrible. i played past the first mission and i lost interest.

gangster480
Have you experienced it at maximum settings? It looks phenomenal. Problems with this? 80% of PC's can't run the damn thing without suffering severe framerate drops! At recent, I can only run at medium (I.E. 4xAA, ect.). Any higher and my PC takes a dive.

Imagine that.. a cow making this thread :lol: . I've give up reasoning with that bunch, the worst of the worst when it comes to fanboys.

Espada12
Imagine that, a fan boy criticizing a fan boy!
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

You ran Crysis on very high with 8x AA? Specs?

RyoXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RyoXX

You aren't seeing the BIGGER picture then.

Either that or troll/10.

JONO51
The AI is pure cannon fodder, one of my main gripes with the overall engine. Too much focus on pleasing the eyes, and not pleasing the mind.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61550 Posts

I'd like to know those specs.

I'm inclined to believe that:

A.) You do not know what you are talking about.

B.) You are lying.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Imagine that, a fan boy criticizing a fan boy!RyoXX

I wonder how I criticized him! no idea :lol:

GamerX2311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GamerX2311
Member since 2010 • 176 Posts
See I think the game looks good technically, but nothing interesting is modeled. It's just blah.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Espada12

[QUOTE="JONO51"]

Either that or troll/10.

RyoXX

The AI is pure cannon fodder, one of my main gripes with the overall engine. Too much focus on pleasing the eyes, and not pleasing the mind.

:lol: oh man so many people say this because they see people on boards saying it... it's funny because they really don't know for themselves.

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

crysis is over rated in terms of graphics . However with some mods it can look amazing . I got bored of that game long ago . its just not that great . game play is meh story is awful

mr-krinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 mr-krinkles
Member since 2008 • 1641 Posts

I can run Warhead on my laptop at 720p, mostly medium settings, no motion blur, no AA/AF, but shadows set to low and I get around 30 FPS. My card - ATI 512 MB Mobility Radeon HD - seems crappy for shadows. The game looks decent like this, as good as console games. I know on High/Ultra settings with AA/AF it would look far better though.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

gangster480

One thing that makes PC superior over consoles is mods. go to inCrysis or crymod.com now. get mods. be !#$%ing amazed.

kolkov01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kolkov01
Member since 2009 • 2350 Posts
think of it like this: it's a 2007 game
RyoXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RyoXX

[QUOTE="RyoXX"][QUOTE="JONO51"]

Either that or troll/10.

Espada12

:lol: oh man so many people say this because they see people on boards saying it... it's funny because they really don't know for themselves.

Seriously? I guess that's -1 for originality, as that's something I said solely based off of experience. And the AI? It is cannon fodder. This is one thing you CAN believe from the community. Compared to other games, the AI doesn't hold up.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="RyoXX"] The AI is pure cannon fodder, one of my main gripes with the overall engine. Too much focus on pleasing the eyes, and not pleasing the mind.RyoXX

Seriously? I guess that's -1 for originality, as that's something I said solely based off of experience. And the AI? It is cannon fodder. This is one thing you CAN believe from the community. Compared to other games, the AI doesn't hold up.

Like what other games? Please tell me what other games have A.I maneuvering dynamic terrain on a large open world map.

Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
what were you expecting, crysis?!
RyoXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RyoXX

[QUOTE="RyoXX"][QUOTE="Espada12"]

Espada12

Like what other games? Please tell me what other games have A.I maneuvering dynamic terrain on a large open world map.

Before that, please elaborate "maneuvering dynamic terrain". They do that about 10% of the time, the other 90% is spent vacantly shooting in a suicidal fashion as you tear their friends to bits.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
I disagree, i played Crysis at my cousins in 2008, and was blown away.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Nothing competes with Crysis........Nothing

gangster480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gangster480

ok here are the specs.

motherboard dfi lan party mr2sh

Cpu athlon II 620 quadcore Oced to 3.4ghz

ati radeon 5870 crossfire

8gb of ram

cosair 850 watts powersupply

all in an antec 1200

RyoXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RyoXX
Like what other games? Please tell me what other games have A.I maneuvering dynamic terrain on a large open world map.Espada12
And the other problem with this game? The hilarity it unintentionally delivers to the player. They attempt to do an awkward "kneeling" animation which turns out to be a mix between a constipated male and a crippled tiger. They supposedly do this to simulate their need to not get shot in the head by stray bullets, but still get turned into swiss cheese with little to no effort.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Fizzman

Sorry for them being so small i really hate those obnoxious pictures people post that take require you to scroll to the right for an hour to see the entire picture. I know im not doing Crysis the justice it deserves, buteven those look better then anything out atm.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Espada12

Before that, please elaborate "maneuvering dynamic terrain". They do that about 10% of the time, the other 90% is spent vacantly shooting in a suicidal fashion as you tear their friends to bits. RyoXX

What before giving an example of a game with good A.I?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhivQYxCzxw

Watch that and understand why crysis A.I is good, this is probably a pointless discussion with you anyway.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I don't believe you -.-

Crysis is a ridiculously detailed game.

Try the mods, they'll make it better.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Fizzman

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

gangster480

you havent seen uncharted then

You havent either then cause only a blind person would say that UC2 looks better then Crysis.

gangster480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gangster480

I disagree, i played Crysis at my cousins in 2008, and was blown away.racing1750

so that was before killzone 2 and u2...

RyoXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RyoXX

[QUOTE="gangster480"]

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Fizzman

You havent either then cause only a blind person would say that UC2 looks better then Crysis.

Apples and oranges, dude, it's all opinionated.
gangster480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gangster480

[QUOTE="gangster480"]

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Fizzman

ok first of all ive played both. have u played both? if not then please dont bad mouth what u havent experienced.

awdxfv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 awdxfv
Member since 2010 • 331 Posts

[QUOTE="good_sk8er7"]

I don't believe you -.-

Espada12

Forget about it.. it's a cow, the got da best graphix even bettar den crysis. Geeze sony was sure lucky to score fanboys like them loyal to the PS brand.

Relax man, it is his opinion.
gangster480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gangster480

[QUOTE="good_sk8er7"]

I don't believe you -.-

Espada12

Forget about it.. it's a cow, the got da best graphix even bettar den crysis. Geeze sony was sure lucky to score fanboys like them loyal to the PS brand.

so u think its all a coincedent that everyone who has a ps3 think sony is great?? or maybe its because sony is great.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="good_sk8er7"]

I don't believe you -.-

gangster480

so u think its all a coincedent that everyone who has a ps3 think sony is great?? or maybe its because sony is great.

Yea all bow to sony :roll:

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="good_sk8er7"]

I don't believe you -.-

awdxfv

Relax man, it is his opinion.

Why would I need to relax? I haven't said anything about his opinion as yet.

gangster480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gangster480

[QUOTE="gangster480"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

Espada12

Yea all bow to sony :roll:

imsimply saying that people are loyal to them not because they are sony. but because they actually have good things to offer.

while u state that people aremindlessly loyal to sony.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
i respect your opinion, if you have the computer you claim. you seem to like the others more for their design style which is fine, but crysis is technically the better looking game.
Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 Easyle
Member since 2010 • 2034 Posts
I run it full blast and unless i'm missing something, Crysis graphics are great, but not what everyone has been saying.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

Everytime a cow said a certain game looked better than Crysis,I played that certain game.
Still,no game has beaten Crysis.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

I see SW hasn't changed much in my absence, people attacking Crysis; which is likely followed by people blaming PC gamers for it being brought up at some point.

The way I see it; it comes down to post purchase anxiety. People want to reassure themselves they made the correct platform choice, so they bash the alternative options as a means of self reassurance. Attacking Crysis and making claims of X console game looks better is a method of putting to ease the irritation of Crysis's existence. Crysis is evidence that you cannot simply buy a cheaply massed produced gaming system and get the best the industry has to offer over its life cycle.

So they argue, then argue some more. Maybe if they declare X game better enough they can make themselves feel better.

I'd be interested in knowing what the OP had in his rig, because maxing crysis with 8x AA isn't an easy task.

gangster480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gangster480

i respect your opinion, if you have the computer you claim. you seem to like the others more for their design style which is fine, but crysis is technically the better looking game.ferret-gamer

i know its a technically better game. i didnt deny that in my post. i said every thing looks very crisp and clear and the environment looks really good. but yes i like the other games because of the design styles.

Yrkoon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Yrkoon99
Member since 2007 • 494 Posts

just completed killzone 2 and it looks no where near as good as crysis on my pc.

redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts

Uncharted 2 is the better game but saying it has better graphics than Crysis.... Wow man. Look closely at the texture in U2 first then come back to me.

gangster480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gangster480

I see SW hasn't changed much in my absence, people attacking Crysis; which is likely followed by people blaming PC gamers for it being brought up at some point.

The way I see it; it comes down to post purchase anxiety. People want to reassure themselves they made the correct platform choice, so they bash the alternative options as a means of self reassurance. Attacking Crysis and making claims of X console game looks better is a method of putting to ease the irritation of Crysis's existence. Crysis is evidence that you cannot simply buy a cheaply massed produced gaming system and get the best the industry has to offer over its life cycle.

So they argue, then argue some more. Maybe if they declare X game better enough they can make themselves feel better.

I'd be interested in knowing what the OP had in his rig, because maxing crysis with 8x AA isn't an easy task.

AnnoyedDragon

look in the second page. i posted my specs.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

AnnoyedDragon

Post full of win.Especially the first part.

Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

Killzone 2 looks like crap...at least Uncharted 2 has the best graphics I've seen on consoles,but I still wouldn't say it is on the same level as Crysis which is amazing considering it was made almost 3 years ago.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Espada12

imsimply saying that people are loyal to them not because they are sony. but because they actually have good things to offer.

while u state that people aremindlessly loyal to sony.

gangster480

There are alot of cows on this board that are, I know they have good things to offer, never said they don't. BTW judging from you last post in your thread this is an artstyle thing, and I will say as I said in the other thread.

There is no such thing as a better artstyle.