Crysis 2, do we still think best looking game on consoles?

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x33/FrozenVapor/Crysis217.jpghttp://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x33/FrozenVapor/Crysis27.jpg

I got them from here :http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=419413&page=11

Ehh, I don't know, I've been playing the beta and the graphics are definitely of the best on consoles but not the undisputed best on consoles like it was hyped by Crytek and on SW,

and we havent seen the PS3 version either.

what do other people think

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I can tell where the polygon count went low.
soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts
Pic doesn't do it justice.
Medic_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Medic_B
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts

Bad pic and on top of that it was taken from the MP

SP looks way better. as for online those graphics make it mp

graphic king

olart4618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 olart4618
Member since 2010 • 478 Posts

The pics looks ok to me, i belive that u2, kz3 and also GoW3 are going to look better. we have to wait

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TintedEyes

Bad pic and on top of that it was taken from the MP

SP looks way better. as for online those graphics make it mp

graphic king

Medic_B
do you have any better?
Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

After playing the MP demo, I have to say it looks quite bad. I expected quite a lot better, at least from the graphics. Oh well. Still is a ton of fun.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2092 Posts
the graphics are right up there for consoles but something feels.......wrong.
theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

I think, that it's going to look better than the current console graphics king, Uncharted 2. But it's going to fall short of killzone 3.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

These are my own direct feed captures. But really screens are not a good representation of how the game will look on your HDTV. I've seen many games that look horrible in screens UC2 being one of them, but when you actually play it, it looks fantastic. Now I do agree that the graphics were over hyped, though I have not seen any SP footage. But still I dont think the game will end up looking better than Killzone 3.

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bus-A-Bus
Member since 2009 • 5089 Posts

MP wont be graphics king thats for sure.Free Radical just made Crysis 2 look like COD but SP will be different story.Those captures IMO are a bit meh because its very compressed so here are newer few.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 theuncharted34

MP wont be graphics king thats for sure.Free Radical just made Crysis 2 look like COD but SP will be different story.Those captures IMO are a bit meh because its very compressed so here are newer few.Bus-A-Bus

so then it's confirmed that multiplayer is very downgraded from the campaign?

KevinButlerVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KevinButlerVP
Member since 2010 • 2378 Posts
no way after seeing the 360 footage
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I've always thought Killzone 3 looks better. I just want to see the PC version maxed so I can stare in awe at how amazing it looks

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TintedEyes
no way after seeing the 360 footageKevinButlerVP
Yeah, I think people hyped this too much.
Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bus-A-Bus

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

MP wont be graphics king thats for sure.Free Radical just made Crysis 2 look like COD but SP will be different story.Those captures IMO are a bit meh because its very compressed so here are newer few.theuncharted34

Not that but i think that desing of the MP maps are faaar inferior than SP.In comparison with SP there is MUCH less decals in environment,not much light sources,aniamations are stiffier etc.In SP there is ALOT of fire,smoke,burning cars,water flowing from tops of buildings,god rays etc.It all makes up for better looking game than MP.

For example this map...Its very badly designed.LOD is quite bad because you can see as far as your eyes go but there are only 3D boxes of buildings with repetitive low res textures patched on them,a bit stupid design decision.Look at latest KZ3 mp map...Designers carifully placed streets and buildings so that you can't have view like in RDR but you will get better visuals here on the other hand thats not the case.I already read in one mag preview that MP was worse looking ...

Here is one example from KZ3...

Notice the rocks on the right edge of screen that look low poly and boxish?Well GG carefully covered everything with smoke and fog and it looks nice and not distracting while Crytek UK placed the same like boxes of buildings on blue sky and lets you look at them while they clearly look unimpressive,consoles just dont have enough power to render alot of complex geometry.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Given that the impression most console gamers have of their games, either being bullshots or a upscaled image at a distance, I don't think they are very good at judging a games quality from direct feed shots. Chances are, they will have a false impression of what games look like on consoles; and will be over criticial when seeing direct feed of any game. Because it doesn't match the perceived impression created from promotional material and distance viewing.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

I am so disappointed by this demo. The graphics are ok, i guess... But the gameplay, it feels so slow, so streamlined! They say the big deal about the game is the nano-suit but they have stripped it down into mediocrity. I mean, what is the big deal now? In power mode you run as fast as any CoD guy, leap the same heights as master chief and is as strong as any other game with this dumb one-punch kill mechanincs. There is really no difference, the nano-suit is pointless.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

No I played the demo today very disappointing.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

For a console game it looks good, but Its easy to see where Crytek cut some corners. Im getting the PC version, but the console version looks amazing "relatively speaking"

strangeisland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 strangeisland
Member since 2009 • 1153 Posts

Wow they really ned to fix up the buildings in the distance :?

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 theuncharted34

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

MP wont be graphics king thats for sure.Free Radical just made Crysis 2 look like COD but SP will be different story.Those captures IMO are a bit meh because its very compressed so here are newer few.Bus-A-Bus

Not that but i think that desing of the MP maps are faaar inferior than SP.In comparison with SP there is MUCH less decals in environment,not much light sources,aniamations are stiffier etc.In SP there is ALOT of fire,smoke,burning cars,water flowing from tops of buildings,god rays etc.It all makes up for better looking game than MP.

For example this map...Its very badly designed.LOD is quite bad because you can see as far as your eyes go but there are only 3D boxes of buildings with repetitive low res textures patched on them,a bit stupid design decision.Look at latest KZ3 mp map...Designers carifully placed streets and buildings so that you can't have view like in RDR but you will get better visuals here on the other hand thats not the case.I already read in one mag preview that MP was worse looking ...

Notice the rocks on the right edge of screen that look low poly and boxish?Well GG carefully covered everything with smoke and fog and it looks nice and not distracting while Crytek UK placed the same like boxes of buildings on blue sky and lets you look at them while they clearly look unimpressive,consoles just dont have enough power to render alot of complex geometry.

that's what I was thinking too. The buildings look very boxy and noticable in these multiplayer video's. and I see lower res textures than in the single player trailers, and overall it's just less impressive. The campaign should look up to par with killzone 3 though.

I can't wait to see this game on my pc :D

haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 haberman13
Member since 2003 • 2414 Posts

Consoler: graphics graphics graphics

Me: why don't you get a PC if you like graphics?

Consoler: WTF, what does that have to do with anything, you can keep your "tech"

Me: I'm going to system wars to rip on consolers

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
It definitely has rough spots, but it looks pretty good in motion and has a lot of features that you don't see often in console GFX. I think it's up there. In terms of what it does with the hardware, I think it might be the most technologically impressive.
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
I am so jealous of those who can play it, knew I shouldn't have left my 360 at home - and then I have to endure a painfully long download (how big is it?). I'll just have to do more 50 lap races round Daytona :P :(
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

I am so jealous of those who can play it, knew I shouldn't have left my 360 at home - and then I have to endure a painfully long download (how big is it?). I'll just have to do more 50 lap races round Daytona :P :(Ravensmash

1.8 gigs

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ravensmash

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"]I am so jealous of those who can play it, knew I shouldn't have left my 360 at home - and then I have to endure a painfully long download (how big is it?). I'll just have to do more 50 lap races round Daytona :P :(Fizzman

1.8 gigs

Damn... Ah well, I'll leave it downloading from when I get in to when I get back for the evening from going out, 2am Crysis 2 sesh! :D
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

If we are going by the demo, then absolutely NOT. Killzone 3 is miles ahead in terms of MP graphics. Crysis 2 looks like a disaster online.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ravensmash

If we are going by the demo, then absolutely NOT. Killzone 3 is miles ahead in terms of MP graphics. Crysis 2 looks like a disaster online.

Blazerdt47
Doesn't console graphics king/related terms generally refer to games that we've seen in motion directly though? I'm not being picky, as I haven't even played C2 or KZ3 obviously, but who knows.
iAtrocious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 iAtrocious
Member since 2010 • 1567 Posts

The game looks great -- the water is very impressive -- but I don't think it will be the best looking game on consoles. It'll be in the top five, but I think Gears of War 3 will take that title.

BigBoss154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BigBoss154
Member since 2009 • 2956 Posts

The game looks great -- the water is very impressive -- but I don't think it will be the best looking game on consoles. It'll be in the top five, but I think Gears of War 3 will take that title.

iAtrocious

Gears 3? No way in hell an Unreal Engine game is getting a GFX king crown. Even with this "updated" UE3.5, it still looks like it falls short from what I've seen of KZ3, UC3 and Crysis 2. It still looks great, though.

It'll probably be between Killzone 3, Crysis 2, Uncharted 3 and Rage, I reckon.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 theuncharted34

[QUOTE="iAtrocious"]

BigBoss154

Gears 3? No way in hell an Unreal Engine game is getting a GFX king crown. Even with this "updated" UE3.5, it still looks like it falls short from what I've seen of KZ3, UC3 and Crysis 2

It'll probably be between Killzone 3, Crysis 2, Uncharted 3 and Rage, I reckon.

this.

I think for the underdog category though resistance 3 and gears of war 3 still look mighty impressive.

arbitor365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 arbitor365
Member since 2009 • 2726 Posts

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

I second this. KZ2 and KZ3 destroy crysis in visuals.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Until the game(s) get released, they will never be considered the best looking games on consoles.

The FINAL release of any game and us gamers experimenting with the game will prove true...

There is no way to declare a best looking game when a game isn't even finished. That said, I never thought the Crysis 2 console game stood a chance as the developer is untested on consoles.

amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#36 amari24
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

I'll wait until March 22nd before I pass judgement on the graphics. I expect them to be as good if not better than Killzone 3, but there's really no point in judging them based off a multiplayer beta. The campaign is what you want to observe, graphic wise. Let's just wait.

markinthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 markinthedark
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

Consoler: WTF, what does that have to do with anything, you can keep your "tech"

haberman13

PC gamer: PCs are better because they destroy consoles graphically.

Me: How come the games PC gamers play the most often look much worse than alot of modern console games? Counterstrike, WoW, TF2, diablo 2, starcraft 2 etc.

PC gamer: wtf does that have to do with anything... Need moar SLI!

Me: Im going to system wars to rip on PC gamers.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#38 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Too much texture and shadow pop in but overall looks fantastic. Im expecting the final version to get rid of those problems.

Keiji993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Keiji993
Member since 2009 • 1059 Posts
I think we should start using GIFs instead of pics from now on.
theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 theuncharted34

[QUOTE="haberman13"]

markinthedark

Me: How come the games PC gamers play the most often look much worse than alot of modern console games? Counterstrike, WoW, TF2, diablo 2, starcraft 2 etc.

not sure if serious. also, team fortress 2 may look better than all console games when @ max settings and running 8xMSAA and 1080p.

Not sure why you listed starcraft 2 as it beats all console games graphically.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

These screenshots are MP, SP will look better but I'm not sure if it's the [console]graphic king or not.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

Since Crysis 2 multi-platform game, they may not have the time to effectively use Xbox 360's tessellation hardware.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
I never thought it, people need to stop hyping games as the best looking before they even come out, it might blow up in their face.
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
multiplayer n beta,single player graphics =/= multiplayer graphics.
Magik85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Magik85
Member since 2009 • 1078 Posts
Play the demo..it looks miles better than those screencaps.
markinthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 markinthedark
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

[QUOTE="markinthedark"]

[QUOTE="haberman13"]

theuncharted34

not sure if serious. also, team fortress 2 may look better than all console games when @ max settings and running 8xMSAA and 1080p.

Not sure why you listed starcraft 2 as it beats all console games graphically.

really thismay look better than all console games? :|

and SC2 looks good from afar, but far from good. But even so... prior to SC2, SC1 was one of the most played PC games... and that beast was incredibly ugly.

EDIT: and i should also throw the witcher into the fray... also not very pleasing to the eyes.

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Bus-A-Bus

I think lighting is quite nice.And gun models...and post processing.Lows are terrible art style,AF and stupid design of map.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Just tried the demo...terrible. Control lag, clunky, just bad. Talk about dissapointing. If I buy it at all it'll be on PC.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
It's the best attempt at photorealism/verisimilitude I've seen on consoles.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

First off that's a tv shot. Second, the game looks better in motion. I haven't really seen any of the open areas yet but I am to believe that like Crysis 1, this is no corridor shooter.