Crackdown, QB and Scalebound could be coming to PC.

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pc-versions-of-xbox-ones-scalebound-crackdown-3-qu/1100-6429700/

Microsoft has no plans to bring Xbox One games Scalebound, Crackdown 3, or Quantum Break to PC right now, but they could be released for computers later, Xbox boss Phil Spencer says in a new interview.

Speaking with PC Gamer, the executive explained that these games aren't coming to PC, at least not right away, because development on these projects began before he laid out his vision for gaming on Windows when he took on the role of Head of Xbox.

"In the case of things like Scalebound or Crackdown or Quantum Break, you know, just to be completely honest with you, we started those games before we really looked at expanding into Windows in the way that I wanted to bring as part of becoming Head of Xbox," he said.

When he was promoted to Head of Xbox in March 2014, Spencer said he was hoping to promote the Xbox brand as an ecosystem that spans multiple devices, including Xbox and PC. At the time, he said he believes "in the power of technology to bring games and entertainment to life across console, PC, tablet, and mobile devices."

In the interview, Spencer went on to say that asking the Scalebound, Crackdown 3, and Quantum Break development teams to add another platform to their plate wasn't in the best interest of the games. That "didn't really feel like necessarily the best way to end up with the best result for the game," he said.

PC versions of Scalebound, Crackdown, and Quantum Break have definitely not been ruled out, however, Spencer stressed.

"It's not to say those games could never come to Windows, but right now we're on the path to finish the great games that they've started, and I want that to be the case," he said.

Two other Microsoft-published Xbox One games that eventually came to PC are Dead Rising 3 and Ryse: Son of Rome. A PC version of Sunset Overdrive is also up for consideration.

Xbox One games from Microsoft that are coming to PC include Fable Legends and Gears of War Ultimate Edition. In the case of Gears of War, Microsoft has confirmed that the PC edition will launch after the console version. But Microsoft has yet to announce specific release plans for Fable Legends.

Kind of interesting, maybe phil really is serious about supporting PC. I'd like to hear more info about Recore personally but news like this is promising.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: Do you really think MS will move their entire XB1 library to PC? Really?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

OMG

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4: Do you really think MS will move their entire XB1 library to PC? Really?

Oh noez, like what? 5 whole games?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ReadingRainbow4

@StormyJoe said:

They've been dropping hints for a while that they wanted it as one inclusive ecosystem. Just streaming isn't sufficient.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#6 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

and Crackdown 3 "cloud tech" will run without any cloud in a 2010 CPU

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ReadingRainbow4

Well atleast we'll have a guaranted 60fps Kamiya game on PC.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@indzman said:

OMG

Lems cant catch a break.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

I won't wait for Scalebound, but I ideally want to play that game at 60 frames the way that game should be played.

Otherwise until I get confirmation this means nothing to me, but hooray more potential quality games on the PC I am cool with. Especially when it's a Platinum game on PC.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56299 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@StormyJoe said:

They've been dropping hints for a while that they wanted it as one inclusive ecosystem. Just streaming isn't sufficient.

Well considering Alan Wake came to PC at a later date and the fact that Remendy are working on Quantum Break, we could see that game coming to PC later in 2 more years, I think. That said, Remendy tends to support PC anyway.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

all Xbox games will come to PC , the main question is ... when ?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@davillain- said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@StormyJoe said:

Well considering Alan Wake came to PC at a later date and the fact that Remendy are working on Quantum Break, we could see that game coming to PC later in 2 more years, I think. That said, Remendy tends to support PC anyway.

There's actually a funny Alanwake easteregg concerning their exclusivity agreement with xbox, lol.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

The funny thing is that Quantum Break already is on PC, more than on Xbox One. The demo they were showing behind closed doors at gamescom was running on PC. So the only reason it might not come to PC is if Microsoft actively stops it.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

Hey and I could also win the lottery!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@leandrro said:

Impossible lemmings told me PC doesn't have the power to run crackdown 3 destruction which is power by....

It self...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56299 Posts

@AdrianWerner said:

The funny thing is that Quantum Break already is on PC, more than on Xbox One. The demo they were showing behind closed doors at gamescom was running on PC. So the only reason it might not come to PC is if Microsoft actively stops it.

Well for the most parts, all games at E3/Gamecom they show are always run on PC so this isn't new anyway. They do that to fool the console gamers into thinking it's running on Consoles. Nintendo doesn't do that shit, they show you gameplay on there consoles.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@tormentos said:
@leandrro said:

Impossible lemmings told me PC doesn't have the power to run crackdown 3 destruction which is power by....

It self...

Well pc also has access to the cloud anyway.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 leandrro

@slimdogmilionar said:
@tormentos said:
@leandrro said:

It self...

Well pc also has access to the cloud anyway.

i think the only reason C3 destruction physics limited to multiplayer is because people would see that no internet connection is needed to run the physics that is actually processed by the X1 CPU intead of "cloud"

xbox one has 4 times the processing power that was needed to run this

Loading Video...

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

@davillain- said:
@AdrianWerner said:

Well for the most parts, all games at E3/Gamecom they show are always run on PC so this isn't new anyway. They do that to fool the console gamers into thinking it's running on Consoles. Nintendo doesn't do that shit, they show you gameplay on there consoles.

Well.that's because Nintendo consoles don't use x86 architecture.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Honestly, don't care about Scalebound nor Crackdown 3.

Just give me Quantum Break, and I'll be a happy hermit.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Not surprised. Win10 is the priority.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NyaDC

@leandrro said:

i think the only reason C3 destruction physics limited to multiplayer is because people would see that no internet connection is needed to run the physics that is actually processed by the X1 CPU intead of "cloud"

Red Faction Guerrilla has localized destruction on a small scale directly in front of you and it's based on paneling, set break points, it's also generally one or two medium sized structures at a time collapsing. Crackdown 3 is hosting an entire city with sky scrapers that is being destroyed by people literally anywhere and everywhere, the entire game world is persistent and destructible...

Big difference...

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts

good for them

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By leandrro

@nyadc said:
@leandrro said:

Red Faction Guerrilla has localized destruction on a small scale directly in front of you and it's based on paneling, set break points, it's also generally one or two medium sized structures at a time collapsing. Crackdown 3 is hosting an entire city with sky scrapers that is being destroyed by people literally anywhere and everywhere, the entire game world is persistent and destructible...

Big difference...

yes, this big difference would need a better engine than that 2007's engine and a CPU at least 4x faster than a 2005's CPU which is exactly what X1 have without any cloud

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Yes, please put scalebound on PC. Don't make me buy an Xbox one for that game.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Those games could come to the PC but it's not going to be anytime soon and I refuse to wait when I don't have too. Those are day 1 buys for me on the X1 when they are released.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I can see it if they are successful enough. Right now I'm sure Microsoft is focused on building up the Xbox One's library.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61524 Posts

I'd be more than okay with Scalebound on PC. Some 1080p/60fps goodness.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

Yes.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4:

Microsoft applies "Xbox" brand for Microsoft Windows powered PCs and devices just like Sony applies "Play Station" brand for PS Vita, PS3, PS4 and PS Mobile(software platform).

PS Mobile is powered by MONO .NET technology i.e. a software technology clone of Microsoft's .Net framework. Sony will be shutting down PS Mobile in September 2015. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Mobile

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

But not coming to PS4 :(

When will the PS4 get some games

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

MS really have trouble to keep games exclusive to Xbox, almost like they want Xbox to fail

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

hahahaha, at least PS4 doesn't bring it's games to PC

x1 is now the poor man's PC.

might as well throw rise of the tomb raider in the mix too

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

Yeah at this point I don't think MS really cares if Xbox fails or not. Their priority is clearly PC.

Sony PS4 is to Vita as MS's Windows 10 is to Xbox.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

MS really have trouble to keep games exclusive to Xbox, almost like they want Xbox to fail

how can they be having trouble? they can do whatever they want with the IPs they own.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Can't see them coming to PC anytime soon after reading what he said. Which is kinda sad, especially in the case of Quantum Break. I still expect it to release on PC but not anytime soon.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Can't see them coming to PC anytime soon after reading what he said. Which is kinda sad, especially in the case of Quantum Break. I still expect it to release on PC but not anytime soon.

didn't they say the same about alan wake?

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

Wow, how did Gamespot Manage to twist this interview to sound like those games are coming to PC.

Microsoft showed Crackdown 3, Scalebound and Quantum Break at the Xbox conference this week. If Microsoft are planning to make Windows 10 part of the Xbox ecosystem, why not bring those games to PC? We put the question to head of Microsoft's Xbox division, Phil Spencer.

"In the case of things like Scalebound or Crackdown or Quantum Break, you know, just to be completely honest with you, we started those games before we really looked at expanding into Windows in the way that I wanted to bring as part of becoming head of Xbox.

"Going to those teams mid-cycle and saying: ‘Hey, by the way, I want to add a platform,’ didn’t really feel like necessarily the best way to end up with the best result for the game. They had a path that they were on. It’s not to say those games could never come to Windows, but right now we’re on the path to finish the great games that they’ve started, and I want that to be the case. These games are on a path, whereas with, like, Halo Wars 2 I had the opportunity from the beginning, when we’re sitting down with the studio, to say, ‘Here’s the target. Here’s what we wanna go do.’

"Even with Gears, like the Gears 1 remake, we thought about framerate, we thought about multiplayer. The opportunity to bring it to Windows in a refreshed way felt like a great opportunity from the beginning. I’m trying to be more deliberate in the choices that we make."

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cloud_imperium
@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@davillain- said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@StormyJoe said:

There's actually a funny Alanwake easteregg concerning their exclusivity agreement with xbox, lol.

Yeah,,, that was kinda funny. Lol.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cloud_imperium
@lawlessx said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

didn't they say the same about alan wake?

Alan Wake was owned by Remedy. Quantum Break is owned by M$. Remedy wants their games on PC but now it's up to M$..

batosaims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 batosaims
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Hey PS4 has a whole bunch of games coming out, granted none of them look very good unless your into J Stars, Dynasty Warriors Dragon Quest Edition or an incredibly lazy Uncharted collection.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

I think it would be cool if they brought crackdown and Scalebound to PC and had cross play co-op with xbox one. But I have a feeling these games will eventually come to PC after getting a run on the xbox one.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Xbox will be a PC app in the future. What a waste.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9556 Posts

Scalebound at 60fps -- the way action games are meant to be played? That sounds great.

Don't care about quantum break or crackdown.

@Liquid_ said:

Well FF7 Remake and Shenmue are going to PC...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Could be? More like will be. Ignoring them all, though.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By NyaDC

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Scalebound at 60fps -- the way action games are meant to be played? That sounds great.

Don't care about quantum break or crackdown.

@Liquid_ said:

Well FF7 Remake and Shenmue are going to PC...

Street Fighter V as well, plus No Man's Sky and I'm sure others, also the FF7 remake will be on Xbox One and PC no doubt hence the "Play it on PlayStation 4 First" at the end of the trailer.... This whole Xbox One/PC argument erodes at its very base due to PlayStation 4 being in the exact same position.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

More sales for developers means more games so they could go multiplat anytime they want. i'll be buying the games on Xbone though.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Looks like my prediction of Xbone being the last MS console is looking more solid.

@RR360DD said:

More and better games on the Quad already, RR360OD, your concern is unwarranted. :)