COWS!!!!!! You must admit SO4 looks freaking amazing. 360=clear jRPG champ.

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slappy_Pappy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Slappy_Pappy09
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

Even though most jrpg games these days get average reviews. I think this is mostly do to western rpg's have caught up and a better in most respects now. At least this seems to be the case for game-site reviewers.

But if you are a true jrpg fan you have to admit to yourself SO4 looks freaking amazing. And it is almost impossible to deny the fact that the 360 is the clear front runner for the most and best lineup for jrpg's

Oh and no go away all you DS fans this is not about DS.

Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts
I'll wait to pay it next year. Infnite Undiscovery was not the epic game I was expecting from Tri-Ace.
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
Lat remnant looked nice and look at the reviews and bugs and glitches yea...and since SE sucks on consoles this gen,i wont be surprised if its gonna fail
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10655 Posts

Even though most jrpg games these days get average reviews. I think this is mostly do to western rpg's have caught up and a better in most respects now. At least this seems to be the case for game-site reviewers.

But if you are a true jrpg fan you have to admit to yourself SO4 looks freaking amazing. And it is almost impossible to deny the fact that the 360 is the clear front runner for the most and best lineup for jrpg's

Slappy_Pappy09
how many JRPGs cmae out for the 360 exclusively this year? Now, how many of them received a 8.5 and better?
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Ah, Fuzzy_Munch is back. The 360 is the current JRPG champ although that's honestly not saying much.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
JRPGs not really RPGs yes The 360 covers a good blend of WRPGs and JRPGs.... JRPGs its a small lead because Valkryie Chronicles is awesome.
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts
Sigh, Games like Tales Of Vesperia, SO4, Valkyria Chronicles Etc Etc are likely to go multiplat sooner or later. Its not even funny anymore. Im holding my 360 purchase because a release for Ps3 makes more sense than it does for the 360, the Ps3 ha a bigger userbase in japan where rpgs sell the most and Breaking News Eternal Sonata Came out for the Ps3 a couple of months back. Tales could follow next year.
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts
[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="Slappy_Pappy09"]

how many JRPGs cmae out for the 360 exclusively this year? Now, how many of them received a 8.5 and better?

And how many jrpgs got above 7.5 for ps3? 1 ? Ok then.
spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 spike6566
Member since 2008 • 1630 Posts
Yep, SO4 looks very nice. but lemmings have to admit, that every JRPG for hte 360 has flopped reallly hard.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="Slappy_Pappy09"]

Caught up? when were they behind Planescape Torment Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 Never Winter Nights KOTOR Black and WHite a ton OF WPRGs were just as good if not better than the best JRPGs.
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AgentA-Mi6
Yep, SO4 looks very nice. but lemmings have to admit, that every JRPG for hte 360 has flopped reallly hard. spike6566
Tales and Lost Oddysey Didnt.
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hopesfall2own
[QUOTE="spike6566"]Yep, SO4 looks very nice. but lemmings have to admit, that every JRPG for hte 360 has flopped reallly hard. AgentA-Mi6

and IU did average. So there's 3 + Last Remnant for 08, at least there's options for 360 owners.
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45595 Posts
Lmao the lems are still hyping up these JRPGs even after IU and Last Remnant flopped. It's so foolish, and plus, when has Star Ocean ever gotten AAA here?
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AgentA-Mi6
Lmao the lems are still hyping up these JRPGs even after IU and Last Remnant flopped. It's so foolish, and plus, when has Star Ocean ever gotten AAA here?SolidGame_basic
its not about scores, I Enjoyed So3 for the Ps2 and Im deeply disappointed about star ocean being exclusive for a system I dont own Nor i could have ever predicted to get it at all
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hopesfall2own
Lmao the lems are still hyping up these JRPGs even after IU and Last Remnant flopped. It's so foolish, and plus, when has Star Ocean ever gotten AAA here?SolidGame_basic
Are you still hyping Killzone? When was the last time Killzone got A here ? rofl.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="spike6566"]Yep, SO4 looks very nice. but lemmings have to admit, that every JRPG for hte 360 has flopped reallly hard. hopesfall2own

and IU did average. So there's 3 + Last Remnant for 08, at least there's options for 360 owners.

6.5 is not average 7 would be average.
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AgentA-Mi6
[QUOTE="SolidGame_basic"]Lmao the lems are still hyping up these JRPGs even after IU and Last Remnant flopped. It's so foolish, and plus, when has Star Ocean ever gotten AAA here?hopesfall2own
Are you still hyping Killzone? When was the last time Killzone got A here ? rofl.

Killzone Liberation. AA on gamespot.
Slappy_Pappy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Slappy_Pappy09
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts
Well I do know LO for 360 got like a 7.5. And I think we all have admited that that game was deffiantly under scored. It should of been 8.5-9.0 easy.
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

Slappy_Pappy09
Who are you? And why are you so ignorant? I'm a 360 fan but I'm tired of these shoving match ubber lemmings have with cows. Just enjoy the game and stop harrasing people.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="hopesfall2own"] Are you still hyping Killzone? When was the last time Killzone got A here ? rofl. hopesfall2own

psp lol.

Yeah. And if they can make a great game using just the the PSP's hardware, just think of what they can do with the PS3.
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hopesfall2own
[QUOTE="hopesfall2own"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"] Killzone Liberation. AA on gamespot.nervmeister
psp lol.

Yeah. And if they can make a great game using just the the PSP's hardware, just think of what they can do with the PS3.

those two things don't correlate. Reviewers don't judge PSP games like they would PS3 games, obviously. For psp standards, i'm sure its not hard to get an 8 with that library.
DarkyC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DarkyC
Member since 2007 • 713 Posts
[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="Slappy_Pappy09"]

hopesfall2own

As many as for the 360.

Btw, LO flopped. Hyped AA, got A.

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts

Wow...people take scores to the head these days. Wasn't the main reason Last Remnant(Which didn't even have an official hype, mind you.) was because of the technical issues? Other than that, the game is pretty cool. IU, which wasn't as good as is good as well.

Now I doubt you've played these games, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just pretend you have, the JRPGs on the 360 are pretty good. LO, Tales of Vesperia, IU...they're good, especially Lost Odyssey(That game is amazing.).

The only people that would believe otherwise are the cows that just look at the scores without playing them or the hardcore gearhead lems that don't care about JRPGs.

MetalRX78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MetalRX78
Member since 2008 • 151 Posts
That isn't saying much, its this work jrpg king ever. Compare it to the jrpg king, gens before the 7th era. Wow Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery, and Last Remnant. Only one those jrpgs are actually worth playing imo. You lems will get owned hard in March. After Star Ocean 3 and Infinite Undiscovery, you all hype Star Ocean 4. Why? because of pretty trailers with epic music and early judgment on gameplay videos. I smell another flop I don't even trust Tri-Ace anymore, i'll just rent Star Ocean 4. Telling a lemming 360 isn't jrpg king is like talking to a brick wall. So have fun with your crappy jrpg king, TC. I'll just stick to my SNES/PS1/PS2/DS/PSP until good jrpgs come out for PS360.
TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts
I'd say the PS2 is still the JRPG champ...yes, in this generation.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
I'd say the PS2 is still the JRPG champ...yes, in this generation.TreyoftheDead
Thanks to Atlus of course.
Yodas_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 Yodas_Boy
Member since 2007 • 857 Posts
The hell is SO4?
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45595 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidGame_basic"]Lmao the lems are still hyping up these JRPGs even after IU and Last Remnant flopped. It's so foolish, and plus, when has Star Ocean ever gotten AAA here?sargentbotk

Wow...people take scores to the head these days. Wasn't the main reason Last Remnant(Which didn't even have an official hype, mind you.) was because of the technical issues? Other than that, the game is pretty cool. IU, which wasn't as good as is good as well.

Now I doubt you've played these games, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just pretend you have, the JRPGs on the 360 are pretty good. LO, Tales of Vesperia, IU...they're good, especially Lost Odyssey(That game is amazing.).

The only people that would believe otherwise are the cows that just look at the scores without playing them or the hardcore gearhead lems that don't care about JRPGs.

oh please lems use scores like it's their religion. When Socom came out, they bashed it based on the score even though most sites pointed out that the biggest problem was its technical flaws. 

And in SW it doesn't matter if you like it or not. What matters is if the game meets the hype. Most people are hyping this game to the max and it's funny because Star Ocean has never been that great of a series in the first place. Learn Lems! Learn already!

Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts

[QUOTE="hopesfall2own"][QUOTE="SolidGame_basic"]Lmao the lems are still hyping up these JRPGs even after IU and Last Remnant flopped. It's so foolish, and plus, when has Star Ocean ever gotten AAA here?AgentA-Mi6

Ownage at its finest

shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
I think the JRPG genre is pretty much done unless they start to "westernize" it.
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hopesfall2own
[QUOTE="hopesfall2own"][QUOTE="ermacness"]how many JRPGs cmae out for the 360 exclusively this year? Now, how many of them received a 8.5 and better?DarkyC

As many as for the 360.

btw vc flopped :roll:
fjburgos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fjburgos
Member since 2008 • 681 Posts
[QUOTE="Slappy_Pappy09"]

Is not that JRP are averege this days is that americans and western areas do not like JRPG so much like the past more now that we are in the neck with a lot of WRPG. 360 need at least a good RPG to be a king, this year 360 had more RPG but the 2 or 3 that the ps3 had already outscore all the 360 RPG ecept Tales game that was on par with the ps3 RPG. Next year 360 will have Star Ocean and ps3 White Knight, what game will score better i don't know but Star Oceanb games had ben very averege recently and I'm not going to hype a game that have been scorning averege reviews with a publisher that have been publishing averege to mediocre RPG recently. So don't be so hyped please because you could get ownd. 360 is not king at all they need at least killers RPG for being that.
MetalRX78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MetalRX78
Member since 2008 • 151 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkyC"][QUOTE="hopesfall2own"] And how many jrpgs got above 7.5 for ps3? 1 ? Ok then. hopesfall2own

As many as for the 360.

No it didn't, the hype was AA Nice try
ace52387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ace52387
Member since 2005 • 757 Posts

SO4 looks fun, but I don't see JRPGs that stick too close to anime trends in story and characters being amazing in the plot and presentation department.  Since you got infinite undiscovery and last remnant before PS3/PC owners, yes, the 360 is the front runner in JRPGs.

The scoring of JRPGs on IGN and GS baffle me.  It's like a select few are just undisputed faves and reviewers sing their praises, but other JRPGs that have similar elements get pounded, sometimes for those very same elements that were praised in other reviews.  It's also weirdly inconsistent with the reviews of WRPGs.  The presentation of last remnant, even though I have not played it, does not look bad at all.  Maybe there are glitches and such, but on FO3's release, glitches were EVERYWHERE.  completely gamebreaking ones that could screw you if you, and this forces you not only to save often, but to save on MANY different files.  Not to mention crashes and overall unimpressive visuals.  What's with its story being praised?  the central story is pretty crappy, especially the ending, though granted, the presentation of it up until that point is pretty cool.  The character customization is pretty awesome, but horrifically unbalanced, with one build *small guns/e weapons + sneak* with grim reaper's sprint completely overpowering just about everything else, and overpowering the game on any difficulty might I add.  It is great and unique, but has SO many issues i'm surprised it didn't get a 7 for good in a cultish kind of way, but too unpolished to be a standard AAA.

Abicus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Abicus7
Member since 2007 • 2009 Posts
well its confirmed that VC > The last remnant... Square Enix is circling the drain...
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hopesfall2own
[QUOTE="MetalRX78"][QUOTE="hopesfall2own"][QUOTE="DarkyC"]

As many as for the 360.

in what universe?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#39 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
Persona 4, White Knight Chronicles, Final Fantasy XIII, and Final Fantasy Versus XIII will pwn it out of the sky, I bet.
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
[QUOTE="sargentbotk"]

[QUOTE="SolidGame_basic"]Lmao the lems are still hyping up these JRPGs even after IU and Last Remnant flopped. It's so foolish, and plus, when has Star Ocean ever gotten AAA here?SolidGame_basic

oh please lems use scores like it's their religion. When Socom came out, they bashed it based on the score even though most sites pointed out that the biggest problem was its technical flaws.

And in SW it doesn't matter if you like it or not. What matters is if the game meets the hype. Most people are hyping this game to the max and it's funny because Star Ocean has never been that great of a series in the first place. Learn Lems! Learn already!

the cows do the same when the last remnant came out and there not very many lems hyping star ocean 4 the hope
Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts
[QUOTE="MetalRX78"][QUOTE="hopesfall2own"] btw vc flopped :roll:hopesfall2own

in what universe?

It's smple then let's see you pull up a thread in which more the a couple people were hyping Valkyrie Chronicles AAA because from what I recall the majority of PS3 gamers here said AA.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
WHile SO4 does look cool. I still want WKC way more.
Delsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Delsage
Member since 2004 • 3355 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkyC"][QUOTE="hopesfall2own"] And how many jrpgs got above 7.5 for ps3? 1 ? Ok then. hopesfall2own

As many as for the 360.

Wow, it's obvious who's a lemming here. How may I ask is 8.5 a flop? Valkyria Chronicles did better than most if not all Xbox 360 JRPG's. You also can't deny the fact that every JRPG out this gen has not lived up to expectations. So just because the 360 has more doesn't make it better, as far as I am concerned quality beats quantity.

Square Enix has not made one decent JRPG this generation, and so far all they have developed for is the 360. I hope that SO4 does well to once again build up their credibility.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="hopesfall2own"][QUOTE="MetalRX78"] No it didn't, the hype was AA Nice tryFlamestos
in what universe?

It's smple then let's see you pull up a thread in which more the a couple people were hyping Valkyrie Chronicles AAA because from what I recall the majority of PS3 gamers here said AA.

TBH I never really seen a hype threa for the game.

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
[QUOTE="sargentbotk"]

[QUOTE="SolidGame_basic"]Lmao the lems are still hyping up these JRPGs even after IU and Last Remnant flopped. It's so foolish, and plus, when has Star Ocean ever gotten AAA here?SolidGame_basic

Not once did I try to single cows out. When I wrote that I also thought of Socom lol. I just wonder sometimes, do people feel stupid when they haven't played a game but yet use scores to finalize their opinion from only one source? I doubt it, but I would because I know I did the same.

I doubt there was an official hype for this game to begin with to even call this a flop(Maybe a flop in terms of what SE usually provides?). And Star Ocean is great. What are you talking about? :|

kentaro22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kentaro22
Member since 2005 • 2694 Posts
I'm still hoping for this to be a multiplat, even if just in Japan.
ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ChiddaPotta
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="hopesfall2own"] Are you still hyping Killzone? When was the last time Killzone got A here ? rofl. hopesfall2own

psp lol.

wtf? How does that make it any different than any other system? It's still a game, a killzone game especially. Hell, even if it was for cell you still would've got owned.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
*Looks back at Last Remnant* You Lemmings better pray that SO4 doesn't follow The Last Remnant.
ChrnoTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ChrnoTrigger
Member since 2008 • 2155 Posts

[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="hopesfall2own"] psp lol. hopesfall2own

those two things don't correlate. Reviewers don't judge PSP games like they would PS3 games, obviously. For psp standards, i'm sure its not hard to get an 8 with that library.

Pathetic damage control. Killzone: Liberation was a GREAT game. And it got reviewed AA when the online wasn't even out(It was later added through a huge patch). It's probably one of the best online games on a handheld.

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
The 360 is without a doubt the current JRPG champ but WKC looks better than SO4 anyways.