Counter Strike: Source > Modern Warfare 2.

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

akbar13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 akbar13
Member since 2009 • 2186 Posts
[QUOTE="SLIisaownsystem"]

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

It goes like this to me;

CS 1.6»»»CS source»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»MW2.

Juggernaut140

cs 1.6 is so old srly let it die and move on, just play cod4 and set the perk to shooting throw walls. The graphics are too old, some games have style like sc or wc3 but cs 1.6 is ugly.

Haha, oh wow

You can shoot through walls in CS:S.
Avatar image for deactivated-6079d224de716
deactivated-6079d224de716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 deactivated-6079d224de716
Member since 2009 • 2567 Posts

Agree with TC!

Also CS1.5>CS:S>CS1.6>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MW2

htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="mr-sheep"] You serious? CS:S is the still the 2nd most played game on Steam and on Xfire I think it's still #1.andrewt1187

It's a great game but it's old news now dude. If it were released as is today it would have a hard time getting a 7.5. A lot of ppl play it cause it's a good competitive game that'll run on a weak ass pc, which means theres a HUGE install base for it. I'm not hating on CS but the MW2 hate is getting kind of pathetic.

Yeah, it probably would get a 7.5 because it doesn't have a carrot dangling in front of gamers 24/7. It also has a plethora is meticulously balanced guns and recoil. Peeps just can't handle that stuff now.

I was going to agree with your post. Then, like a flow of repressed childhood memories, I remembered every time I got killed by the awp.

Then again I remember how every decent server banned the awp after a short while...

Yeah COD has nothing on CS

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I have 820hrs of CSS since 2004, I have 12 hrs of MW2... it sucks.

XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

Yeah, no other online shooter has had me playing for longer. While I love Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, RSV2, and a slew of other online shooters. I can always go back to CSS and have some fun and get into it again.

I might not be as good as I once was or even close but its still a lot of fun to play still.

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts
1.6 is even better. That thing is over 10 years old as well xD lmao.
PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 PandaBear86
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]its true that cs:s > Mw2 but cs1.6 > cs:s ;)GhoX
That's true. You don't want to know just how many people are still playing 1.6...

You do understand that CS 1.6 and CS:S are the exact same game but with different graphics, right?
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

GUYS it's been a few months since MW2 came out and DAMN I am getting bored of it... Counter Strike: Source on the other hand... I've been playin that ish for a good six years now and effin blows Infinity Ward's piece of turd away.

THE THREAD TITLE IS THE TRUTH.

mr-sheep
Yay for calling an opinion truth?
djestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 djestar
Member since 2005 • 480 Posts

CS to me is more like run and gun. First to pop the other in the head wins.

PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 PandaBear86
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts

djestar
True. That game absolutely GLORIFIES one-hit-kills (instakills). You walk into an empty coridoor, and bam your dead, because you weren't fast enough to notice the camper around the corner.
amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 amaneuvering
Member since 2009 • 4809 Posts

I haven't played every single multi-player FPS out there but CS is the best multi-player FPS out of all the ones I have played.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
Well the fact that there are 160000 players at peak times playing Counter strike source and Counter strike on steam and another 15000-20000 on xfire every day 10 years after its release ( i wonder how many will play MW2 after 10 years ) says a lot
juno84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 juno84
Member since 2004 • 1019 Posts

[QUOTE="GhoX"][QUOTE="campzor"]its true that cs:s > Mw2 but cs1.6 > cs:s ;)PandaBear86
That's true. You don't want to know just how many people are still playing 1.6...

You do understand that CS 1.6 and CS:S are the exact same game but with different graphics, right?

Incorrect. Some weapon accuracies were tweaked (the only one I specifically recall is first shot AK was made to be as accurate as colt). Flashbang and HE mechanics changed not only in terms of impairing your hearing, but also because of the physics engine. Maps received changes that affected the flow. The netcode isn't entirely the same either. The physics of shooting through walls changed as well. In classic CS, the rifles, para, and deagle shoot through a single wall and snipers can shoot through two. The thickness of those walls doesn't matter, just the number, so there are lots of 'spam spots' where you are shooting through 10+ feet of 'solid' wall.

ajames_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 ajames_123
Member since 2004 • 2983 Posts

I love the fact i can load up and get into a game of CS:S in less than 10 seconds and start killing.

I only play Office map lol. Strange but its jus so addictive.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#65 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I haven't played CS in a while, & I have never liked Call of Duty's online MP. I don't really care about either at the moment, but I am looking forward to Bad Company 2.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#66 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

GUYS it's been a few months since MW2 came out and DAMN I am getting bored of it... Counter Strike: Source on the other hand... I've been playin that ish for a good six years now and effin blows Infinity Ward's piece of turd away.

THE THREAD TITLE IS THE TRUTH.

mr-sheep
It is only true if you carry the same opinion. I was tired of CS forever ago & never liked MW2, so to me THE THREAD TITLE IS BS.
solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts
yupp.
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

I agree, I also prefer Counter-Strike: Source in front of any other online FPS.

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
I got bored of CS:S when CoD4 came out....
lucarocks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70 lucarocks1
Member since 2009 • 601 Posts
Id agree if I didnt get freaking ping errors every time I tried to play it.
mr-sheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 mr-sheep
Member since 2006 • 2235 Posts

I love the fact i can load up and get into a game of CS:S in less than 10 seconds and start killing.

ajames_123
de_dust greatest map of all time in ANY mp game.
Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts

[QUOTE="Kan0nF0dder"]

CS has staying power because it's perfectly balanced, totally unforgiving and has a tangible learning curve. MW in general is balanced like 3 fat kids on one side of the see-saw.

kraken2109

QFT

Yeah its very balanced when winning teams get more money and losing teams can go broke. /sarcasm

And in what world is the awp balanced? how about the fact that only the desert eagle (and maybe the usp if you're going eco on the CT side) is the only effective pistol. How about the fact that almost everyone uses either the m4 or ak47 and the only smg thats useful is the p90. mp5, glock, famas, galil are all freaking garbage. I'm sorry but to call CS:S balanced is borderline ridiculous even though I used to play it religiously a couple of years ago.

At least with killstreaks in MW2 it's stupidly easy to take them down. One anti-air class = instant death for most killstreaks. If everyone had at least one anti-air class, killstreaks wouldn't even stand a chance. But noooo, people are too stupid to even think about that and constantly complain about getting killed by them.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
Im going to agree as well. The core game is awesome, but when you get all these mods and different game types people have made it just makes the game so much better. Ill say 1.6 is better though.
kittyloaf69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 kittyloaf69
Member since 2009 • 1023 Posts
There wasn't much of a debate there.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
I disagree, just because MW2 has much more to offer in its MP and for the most part its more enjoyable. To be honest, influence aside, Counter Strike was never that great of a game, and I say this as someone who played it extensively during its golden years. Counter Strike Source is basically the exact same game with a little face lift, and even worse in places.
LookAnDrolL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#77 LookAnDrolL
Member since 2008 • 2483 Posts

[QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="Kan0nF0dder"]

CS has staying power because it's perfectly balanced, totally unforgiving and has a tangible learning curve. MW in general is balanced like 3 fat kids on one side of the see-saw.

Arjdagr8

QFT

Yeah its very balanced when winning teams get more money and losing teams can go broke. /sarcasm

And in what world is the awp balanced? how about the fact that only the desert eagle (and maybe the usp if you're going eco on the CT side) is the only effective pistol. How about the fact that almost everyone uses either the m4 or ak47 and the only smg thats useful is the p90. mp5, glock, famas, galil are all freaking garbage. I'm sorry but to call CS:S balanced is borderline ridiculous even though I used to play it religiously a couple of years ago.

At least with killstreaks in MW2 it's stupidly easy to take them down. One anti-air class = instant death for most killstreaks. If everyone had at least one anti-air class, killstreaks wouldn't even stand a chance. But noooo, people are too stupid to even think about that and constantly complain about getting killed by them.

Money has nothing to do with anything, to be good in CS you need skill, if you have skill you can own with pretty much any gun To me you sounds like you are butt-hurt because you can play CS like COD
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts
Does someone want to tell my what makes CSS so amazing? It's generic FPS 231120 in my eyes, even if it was one of the first.
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
Not really a fan of either, but MW2 is far superior to CS.
The-Mosher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 The-Mosher
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts
[QUOTE="brandontwb"]Does someone want to tell my what makes CSS so amazing? It's generic FPS 231120 in my eyes, even if it was one of the first.

I found it to be pretty addicting and the amount of mods kept me coming back.
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#81 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

Well the fact that there are 160000 players at peak times playing Counter strike source and Counter strike on steam and another 15000-20000 on xfire every day 10 years after its release ( i wonder how many will play MW2 after 10 years ) says a lotadamosmaki

dont worry about it, if mw2's matchmaking system is not shutdownin 10 years, i am sure there will be a lot ppl still playingcuz they cant afford to buy new pc to buy current gen games. I have many friends who cant afford to buy either new pc nor good HDTV + console, so they stick with old games like warcraft 3 and CS: source.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 brandontwb

[QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="Kan0nF0dder"]

Arjdagr8

QFT

Sorry but your logic is fail. If getting more money for killing people, to you, is unbalanced, then why isn't getting rewards for killing people to kill more people fairer?
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 brandontwb
[QUOTE="The-Mosher"][QUOTE="brandontwb"]Does someone want to tell my what makes CSS so amazing? It's generic FPS 231120 in my eyes, even if it was one of the first.

Okay, so what was so great about it?
kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts

[QUOTE="Arjdagr8"]

[QUOTE="kraken2109"] QFTLookAnDrolL

Money has nothing to do with anything, to be good in CS you need skill, if you have skill you can own with pretty much any gun To me you sounds like you are butt-hurt because you can play CS like COD

but money is a huge deal, it has a direct effect on the strategy for that particular round almost every round

winning a round during your teams save round against the opposing team that has completely bought up on rifles, armor, nades can completely shift the momentum to your side, and everybodies money situation after that is a big factor in that momentum shift

im speaking purely based on scimming though with 1.6...i dont like in source scrims how everybody starts off with $16k

kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 kidcool189
[QUOTE="brandontwb"][QUOTE="The-Mosher"][QUOTE="brandontwb"]Does someone want to tell my what makes CSS so amazing? It's generic FPS 231120 in my eyes, even if it was one of the first.

the gunplay, maps, strategies, every spots on maps having definite names,money/gun buying system, etc all perfectly meshed together to make an amazing competitive online fps
mirriorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 mirriorman
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

TF2 is better i think

i play css sourece and every time i spawned i would be instantley spawn killed!

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

CS:S is preaty shallow outside of its well balanced gameplay. I guess it just doesent need gimicks like leveling up and **** So i doubt for people that arent realy hardcore gamers games with more gimicks > games with less gimicks.

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#88 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
CSS is my favorite Source game for online play. TF2 and L4D can not hold a candle. I don't even know what is so addicting about CSS. Maybe it is the zombie servers.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#89 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
Nothing new here. Any competitive online FPS that Valve has made is better than MW2 - TF2, CS1.6, CSS, DoD - and has more staying power. MW2 is just another arcade shooter like Halo, and its appeal only lasts so long.
BigBoss96fs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 BigBoss96fs
Member since 2009 • 212 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]its true that cs:s > Mw2 but cs1.6 > cs:s ;)GhoX

what's the difference between Source and 1.6? I've got source on my PC, but i don't know a whole lot about the game's history or anything. I just play with my 2 brothers really. They got the game for me and LOVE it (they are the kids who keep getting banned for being able to see through walls and things like that, i honestly think they have went through about 20 copies of the game). Let me know why 1.6>CSS. interested in it. also, MW2 on Search and Destroy is very similar. But i think it has a lot to do with the players. You don't see campers or grenade spammers on Source, it feels more like team tactical. Source forces t4eam work to win. Half the time if i stay with my team on MW2 (ps3 though), we end up dying because the players are so bad they can't shoot someone flanking right in front of them. I've learned this - In Source, depend on your team. In MW2 , lone wolf it cuz your team will be terrible most of the time. But they are still very different games. Sometimes i feel like the arcadey feel of MW2, despite it being more frustrating (campers, knifers, noob toobers, claymore spammers, nuke campers on Domination, etc). Source is much more balanced and would NEVER throw such a random factor into the competitiveness like killstreaks (AC130 care package to the kid who is 4-20?!?!) MW2 will stick around til MW3. Counter Strike may never go away, judging by the fact that i was playing it like 10 years ago on my old crappy Gateway.
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 princeofshapeir
[QUOTE="GhoX"][QUOTE="campzor"]its true that cs:s > Mw2 but cs1.6 > cs:s ;)BigBoss96fs

what's the difference between Source and 1.6? I've got source on my PC, but i don't know a whole lot about the game's history or anything. I just play with my 2 brothers really. They got the game for me and LOVE it (they are the kids who keep getting banned for being able to see through walls and things like that, i honestly think they have went through about 20 copies of the game). Let me know why 1.6>CSS. interested in it. also, MW2 on Search and Destroy is very similar. But i think it has a lot to do with the players. You don't see campers or grenade spammers on Source, it feels more like team tactical. Source forces t4eam work to win. Half the time if i stay with my team on MW2 (ps3 though), we end up dying because the players are so bad they can't shoot someone flanking right in front of them. I've learned this - In Source, depend on your team. In MW2 , lone wolf it cuz your team will be terrible most of the time. But they are still very different games. Sometimes i feel like the arcadey feel of MW2, despite it being more frustrating (campers, knifers, noob toobers, claymore spammers, nuke campers on Domination, etc). Source is much more balanced and would NEVER throw such a random factor into the competitiveness like killstreaks (AC130 care package to the kid who is 4-20?!?!) MW2 will stick around til MW3. Counter Strike may never go away, judging by the fact that i was playing it like 10 years ago on my old crappy Gateway.

1.6 has just been around for a long time and the fanbase has implemented a lot of custom maps and mods to servers, like the Warcraft III mod, surf maps, knife maps, etc., etc. It just has to do with how the community has handled the game. In terms of raw gameplay Source is better.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#92 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
Nothing new here. Any competitive online FPS that Valve has made is better than MW2 - TF2, CS1.6, CSS, DoD - and has more staying power. MW2 is just another arcade shooter like Halo, and its appeal only lasts so long.princeofshapeir
Ugh, DoD Source.... so much wasted potential. :( Don't compare MW2 to Halo. Halo actually gets the game play down right. :)
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 princeofshapeir
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]Nothing new here. Any competitive online FPS that Valve has made is better than MW2 - TF2, CS1.6, CSS, DoD - and has more staying power. MW2 is just another arcade shooter like Halo, and its appeal only lasts so long.SparkyProtocol
Ugh, DoD Source.... so much wasted potential. :( Don't compare MW2 to Halo. Halo actually gets the game play down right. :)

DoD Source was meh, but the original rocked.
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 brandontwb
[QUOTE="kidcool189"][QUOTE="brandontwb"][QUOTE="The-Mosher"] I found it to be pretty addicting and the amount of mods kept me coming back.

the gunplay, maps, strategies, every spots on maps having definite names,money/gun buying system, etc all perfectly meshed together to make an amazing competitive online fps

Doesn't seem that great to me. It feels like you guys think it's so much better because you've played it more. You could get a group going for MW2 or another game and play it so much so you have 'definite names' for each hidding spot. And there are way more strategies to use in COD than Source, that's for sure. I'm talking about if you were to work together not just play in a random online match.
kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 kidcool189
[QUOTE="GhoX"][QUOTE="campzor"]its true that cs:s > Mw2 but cs1.6 > cs:s ;)BigBoss96fs

for me why 1.6>source mainly, the gunplay/mechanics and the overall feel of the source engine with counter strike, they simply just dont feel as good and satisfying as 1.6 plus various other things like small map changes that provide no benefit, the 12 rounds a half instead of 15 and you start with $16k instead of $800 in competetive play which i dont like
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
[QUOTE="kidcool189"][QUOTE="brandontwb"]Okay, so what was so great about it? brandontwb

Doesn't seem that great to me. It feels like you guys think it's so much better because you've played it more. You could get a group going for MW2 or another game and play it so much so you have 'definite names' for each hidding spot. And there are way more strategies to use in COD than Source, that's for sure. I'm talking about if you were to work together not just play in a random online match.

Sure I played 1.5 through source. Tha doesnt have to do with anything. The amount of mods and game types make the game fresh everytime you play. More strategies in COD. Dont make me laugh. How bout you go watch some scrims first onlinebefore saying that.
kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 kidcool189

[QUOTE="kidcool189"][QUOTE="brandontwb"]Okay, so what was so great about it? brandontwb

well, not everyone is going to agree with me, but you have to atleast play it decently and participate in scrims to be able to understand what im saying... these arent just "hiding spots" that have names, its pretty much every general area in every part of the map to be easily called out to your teammates when an enemy(s) have been spotted, and these names/terms are mostly all universally known between dedicated counter strike players

and :lol: at saying there are way more strategies to use in MW than source

Avatar image for Human-after-all
Human-after-all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Human-after-all
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]its true that cs:s > Mw2 but cs1.6 > cs:s ;)roddollente

true. BUT...

CS 1.4 > CS 1.6

No 1.3 was best.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#99 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

[QUOTE="djestar"]

PandaBear86

True. That game absolutely GLORIFIES one-hit-kills (instakills). You walk into an empty coridoor, and bam your dead, because you weren't fast enough to notice the camper around the corner.

Yeah but there is a difference. In CS, when I die its because I know ive made a mistake. The maps are really well designed so that I know most likely were my enemies are going to be and can form a strategy on what my next moves should be. In MW2.... Its just a mess, you are getting shot from every which direction there is no way to tell what to do. The maps are so open that its actually IMPOSSIBLE to defend your self or form any sort of strategy. And because you die so quickly that if you get shot once you are dead, so unlike in halo where the map design is a bit more open, you atleast still have a chance of killing the other guy, but in MW2 its impossible once the other guy sees you..You just run out into the open a shoot stuff hoping for the best

Avatar image for Human-after-all
Human-after-all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Human-after-all
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts
[QUOTE="ajames_123"]

mr-sheep
de_dust greatest map of all time in ANY mp game.

dust2 is better.