Could you seriously gone through this genration with just playing a Wii?

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 thegoldenpoo
Member since 2005 • 5136 Posts

Could you have gone through this generation knowing you can never play Fallout3/ The Orange Box (TF2 alone would drive me in-sane)/ Oblivion / Dead Space (off rails, yeah!)/ GTA4/ Bioshock/ VF5/ CoD4/ Grid/ Burnout Paradise/ Re5 / SF4/ P.o.P.

That's right gentlemen, these games are on every system but the Wii, so i ask you, how can the Wii be considered anything but a nice add-on when every single other platform already has such a huge shared advantage over it?How can we give the Wii the same creedance as the other platforms when it has not got the bulk of the shared library, as a stand alone i would go as far to say that it is un-viable, especially when you factor in it only has two games with properly functoining on-line.

To those Wii only owners, how can you live knowing even just Poral is out there? Nevermid an entire realm of RPG/FPS games.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#2 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online
Member since 2004 • 49604 Posts

I don't see how someone similar to me could... but everyone's different. Subjectivity reigns supreme in the end.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

Absolutely, mainly because Im not one to really stress over graphics and Im not really into the FPS genre.

The Wii has some fantastic games IMO, Im currently playing Marumasa, Little Kings Story and Monster Hunter Tri demo and their all FANTASTIC.

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thegoldenpoo

I don't see how someone similar to me could... but everyone's different. Subjectivity reigns supreme in the end.

Stevo_the_gamer
I guess so... but The Orange Box alone is something I can't imagine anyone opting to miss.
theSADmafioso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 theSADmafioso
Member since 2008 • 482 Posts

I don't know but I do know that I can go thru this gen without playing a Wii at all and I'm doing it so far. =)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#6 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Nope.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I couldn't, I need my Resident Evil/Burnout etc.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
ignorance is a bliss aint it?when you state false statements like only 2 games have propper online,you are showing lack of knowledge on the topic. Mkart, Mh2, CJ, COD WAW, Ms2, battalion wars, etc,etc, etc have flawless online...The list is much longer but only 2 games have broken online fyi, Brawl and tenkaichi 3.Not the other way around. to the other console owners, knowing that they can play the games you mentioned(asuming they want to,because not everyone likes those games), in all consoles, but not being able to play the wii exclusives, how can they live?they just do.As wii only owners can.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online

Absolutely, mainly because Im not one to really stress over graphics and Im not really into the FPS genre.

The Wii has some fantastic games IMO, Im currently playing Marumasa, Little Kings Story and Monster Hunter Tri demo and their all FANTASTIC.

-Oath

Because all the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 have are shooters. :roll:

The Wii also has the same drawback that plagued the Gamecube -- game droughts.

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thegoldenpoo

-Oath
Why not have a 360/PC/PS3 too, surely you must know you are missing a massive ammount of high quality software. :? I personally couln't imagine NOT owning my PC/360, no offence but i get about 5X more high quality games than you ever could :P
thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thegoldenpoo
[QUOTE="intro94"]ignorance is a bliss aint it?when you state false statements like only 2 games have propper online,you are showing lack of knowledge on the topic. Mkart, Mh2, CJ, COD WAW, Ms2, battalion wars, etc,etc, etc have flawless online...The list is much longer but only 2 games have broken online fyi, Brawl and tenkaichi 3.Not the other way around. to the other console owners, knowing that they can play the games you mentioned(asuming they want to,because not everyone likes those games), in all consoles, but not being able to play the wii exclusives, how can they live?they just do.As wii only owners can.

The Wii has a joke on an online compared to the other 3, there is no getting round this.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I couldn't, no. There's a few Wii games I'd be interested in but I couldn't go for 5 years with only a Wii.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Honestly I could and be very happy. The only games that were outstanding on 360 that I've played so far is Fallout 3 and Tales of Vesperia. The main reason I bought the 360 in the first place was for GTAIV and RE5 and they were very disappointing. If I thought I could get more than the $92 that Gamestop is offering for the 360 I would have sold it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Yes, I absolutely could. There are so many games on the Wii right now that I could play, that couldkeep me occupied for that long. I don't have as much time to play games as others might, but still.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

Stevo_the_gamer

Because all the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 have are shooters. :roll:

The Wii also has the same drawback that plagued the Gamecube -- game droughts.

360/PS3/ and PC have way more quality FPS than the Wii, one genre the Wii severely lacks.

Indeed the Wii does have some serious game droughts but this year seems to be starting quite nicely.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
There's millions of people going through this gen with only a Wii. Of course I could.
shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

If you dont mind me asking, how many games do you buy a year?

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
the same could be said for people who dont have a wii. there are a bunch of must-haves on every system
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

thegoldenpoo

Why not have a 360/PC/PS3 too, surely you must know you are missing a massive ammount of high quality software. :? I personally couln't imagine NOT owning my PC/360, no offence but i get about 5X more high quality games than you ever could :P

I have both a 360 and a PS3 as well, I play my 360 pretty frequently, my PS3 not so much because I usually use it for exclusives Im intrsted in.

I have had around a good 60 game over all for my Wii while Ive had an accumulated 34 for my PS3 and 360.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online

360/PS3/ and PC have way more quality FPS than the Wii, one genre the Wii severely lacks.

Indeed the Wii does have some serious game droughts but this year seems to be starting quite nicely.

-Oath

The Wii also severely lacks in the RPG department.

We'll see how long it lasts -- sheep said the same back in early 2008. Look at what happened.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17888 Posts
no. but then again i couldnt see myself going this gen without a wii either.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

Stevo_the_gamer

We'll see how long it lasts -- sheep said the same back in early 2008. Look at what happened.

Theres actually a pretty good RPG line-up this year too, Kizuna, Monster Hunter 3, Valhalla Knights, Tact of Magic and Crystal Bearers to name a few.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 intro94
Arc rise fantasia announced a US release,and that game has pedigree. Dragon Quest X announced for wii.Thats the difference from last year.Announcements vs no announcements.Confirmed games coming vs No confirmed games coming.I dont know what you heard before but this year companies did announce launches. On FPS department, sure its lacking,i give you that.Conduit might alleviate that need. In sheer fun racing games,all the other 3 lack brutally. Im not a one console gamer.But this post is biased.I wouldnt just do with a PC myself .Nor with the PS3 alone.I definitively wouldnt.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Not me. I need a PC.

shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shutdown_202

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

Stevo_the_gamer

The thing is, at this point last year we didnt have a clue of what the second half had. So many sheep were saying Nintendo would announce the 2nd half of 08 during E3. But E3 hasnt happened yet and theres alot of games from now till the end of the year, enough to satisfy a Wii only gamers apetite. What ever Nintendo announces at E3 will only be the icing on the cake.

usule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 usule
Member since 2003 • 1734 Posts

The wii is the only console I haven't bought this generation... And Looks like ill live without it.... Online multiplayer is casi inexistant, this is probably the major reason why I'll never buy it, add xbox1/ps2 graphics and there's a big NO THANK YOU.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts
[QUOTE="thegoldenpoo"] I guess so... but The Orange Box alone is something I can't imagine anyone opting to miss.

The PC version of The Orange Box has very low system requirements. Chances are pretty much everyone who posts here has a computer than can run that game. Out of the ones you mentioned earlier, the one I would love to play is Street Fighter IV and, according to unofficial sources, the PC version of that game may have fairly low requirements too. All I'll need to buy is a couple of gamepads.
thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thegoldenpoo
about 20 brand new, many more retrospectively.
Keltoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Keltoid
Member since 2009 • 925 Posts
Absolutely not, but I can see how others could.
thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thegoldenpoo
[QUOTE="LordQuorthon"][QUOTE="thegoldenpoo"] I guess so... but The Orange Box alone is something I can't imagine anyone opting to miss.

The PC version of The Orange Box has very low system requirements. Chances are pretty much everyone who posts here has a computer than can run that game. Out of the ones you mentioned earlier, the one I would love to play is Street Fighter IV and, according to unofficial sources, the PC version of that game may have fairly low requirements too. All I'll need to buy is a couple of gamepads.

That's cheating :P PC+Wii fair enough, but not everyone can run say TF2, you do have to make an investment in at least a mid range gaming PC. Same with Sf4.
Avatar image for AdmiralWolverin
AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AdmiralWolverin
Member since 2009 • 479 Posts
i have so far pretty much and have been fine i guess cod 5, resi 4, nmh and disaster day of crisis have gotten me through hardcore cravings
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online

Theres actually a pretty good RPG line-up this year too, Kizuna, Monster Hunter 3, Valhalla Knights, Tact of Magic and Crystal Bearers to name a few.

-Oath

Yeah, and there's a few good shooters as well on the Wii. Metroid Prime 3, World at War, Geometry Wars: Galaxies, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, and a few upcoming shooters as well, like the Conduit (which can and probable will be average).

What's your point? It's still severely lacking in comparison to the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 intro94
oh wow , this post has devolved into facing wii against the combined forces?comon. My ps3 vs all offers by wii, 360 and pc would die as well.And you guys know it.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

No way. If it wasint mainly for NMH,LOZ and MP I could live without my wii. Hell I barely use it now it just collects dust.

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

thegoldenpoo
I guess so... but The Orange Box alone is something I can't imagine anyone opting to miss.

Orange Box is just another good game. Nothing special about it besides that it's like 5 games in 1.
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
Yes, easily.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

Stevo_the_gamer

Yeah, and there's a few good shooters as well on the Wii. Metroid Prime 3, World at War, Geometry Wars: Galaxies, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, and a few upcoming shooters as well, like the Conduit (which can and probable will be average).

What's your point? It's still severely lacking in comparison to the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

While it lacks both in variety and to an extent, quality,the Wiis library still is good enough to satisfya gamers gaming needs, atleast IMO.

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 thegoldenpoo

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

-Oath

While it lacks both in variety and to an extent, quality,the Wiis library still is good enough to satisfya gamers gaming needs, atleast IMO.

Fair enough. You must be a certain type of gamer, and hate FPS. RPGs and Simulation but fair enough.
DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DaViD_99
Member since 2007 • 2496 Posts
Yeah theres so many good games for Wii. But there is also a lot of great games for PC Ps3 and 360. So im just lucky because I have Wii and 360 :D And Orange Box is a fantastic game btw. And this seems like a pretty crappy thread, I mean people who have Wii say sure they can, and then you other people try to tell them that they can't... No point to thread...
shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 shutdown_202

about 20 brand new, many more retrospectively. thegoldenpoo

Yeah its because you have a huge appetite, nothing wrong with that at allbut system wars is dominated by people who buy alot of games. Usually i only get around 4-6 new games a year. Same with the last 2 gens before. This year has been a bit different since ive bought 4 PS2 games already, although ive only got one 09 game, SFIV.

But yeah, theres no way a person like you could go a gen with a console like the Wii. I think that anyone that buys games like me is fine.

If you mean it by "you miss X amount of games on the Wii" Then thats choice. From the games you listed in your original post, i only liked 2 of them and i have a 360 and PS3.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

I doubt I could even force myself to play games for any significant amount of time if all I had was a Wii. I'd probably need a new hobby...maybe pottery. Or knitting.

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 thegoldenpoo

[QUOTE="thegoldenpoo"]about 20 brand new, many more retrospectively. shutdown_202

Yeah its because you have a huge appetite, nothing wrong with that at allbut system wars is dominated by people who buy alot of games. Usually i only get around 4-6 new games a year. Same with the last 2 gens before. This year has been a bit different since ive bought 4 PS2 games already, although ive only got one 09 game, SFIV.

But yeah, theres no way a person like you could go a gen with a console like the Wii. I think that anyone that buys games like me is fine.

If you mean it by "you miss X amount of games on the Wii" Then thats choice. From the games you listed in your original post, i only liked 2 of them and i have a 360 and PS3.

I guess i just like gaming to much :P BTW Zeno Clash is may fav of this year so far in case you were wondering, GS Scores be dammed!!
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#44 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Out of the games you mentioned the only one I'd feel sad about missing is PoP.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online
Out of the games you mentioned the only one I'd feel sad about missing is PoP.Haziqonfire
You wouldn't be saying that if you owned a Gaming PC, Haziq. :P
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Fair enough. You must be a certain type of gamer, and hate FPS. RPGs and Simulation but fair enough. thegoldenpoo
Wii has great RPGs coming up. DQX, Tales of Graces, Arc Rise Fantasia, Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon, Sakura Wars.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts
[QUOTE="thegoldenpoo"] That's cheating :P PC+Wii fair enough, but not everyone can run say TF2, you do have to make an investment in at least a mid range gaming PC. Same with Sf4.

It's not cheating. My computer does not have a fancy 3D card, because I use my computer for the Internets, some music recording and storing my mp3s, but it's still WAY ahead of The Orange Box's requirements, which, according to wikipedia, are: System requirements Minimum: 1.7 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 128MB Video card, 20GB available Hard drive space, DirectX 8 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Internet connection That was a mid-range computer in 2006 but, at this point, most people, even those who don't play video games on their PCs, have one that's much better than a 1.7 Ghz P4 with 512 MB of RAM. In fact, the mere idea of browsing this forum with 512 MB of RAM gives me a headache. Street Fighter IV's will most definitely be above The Orange Box's but the several sources state that they will still be fairly friendly. Granted, the fact that I record music with this PC means that it DOES have 3 gigs of RAM and whatnot, but still, I didn't build it for video games and it doesn't have an nVidia or ATi polygon cruncher, but, wheter it is luck or anything else, there's a big chance that I'll be able to play the one game that I want and can't play on my Wii, which is Street Fighter IV. The Orange Box is just not my thing.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

personally, no. but i do like a lot of nintendo's exclusives.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Yeah, and there's a few good shooters as well on the Wii. Metroid Prime 3, World at War, Geometry Wars: Galaxies, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, and a few upcoming shooters as well, like the Conduit (which can and probable will be average).

thegoldenpoo

Fair enough. You must be a certain type of gamer, and hate FPS. RPGs and Simulation but fair enough.

Because I prefer a Wii I hate all those genres?

If thats the way you fell then tell me, was this thread a sheep trap?

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#50 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

thegoldenpoo

Why? I have no intention of ever playing it.

If some one doesn't like FPS's, why would they bother with it?