Constent Trash Talking and Verbal Abuse

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Kill_Switch0012
Kill_Switch0012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kill_Switch0012
Member since 2008 • 62 Posts

Is anybody on anyconsole here tired of being verbally abused all the time on Xbox live and the PSN. I mean WHAT THE HELL is peoples problems that they feel they have the right to say anything to anybody like this: F*G F*****R,D**K,B***H and many many more words.I mean today I was playing MW2 on live and out of nowhere these two guys on my team just kept calling me horrible names just because I wasdefending our flag and they wouldn't stop.I'm sure this happens to everyone and why? I mean I pay money for my Internet, my live, and the game to play and I don't get to enjoy it at all because of peoplelike this Ithink there should be something that gives thesepeople theinsentive to stop verburally abusing people and PS3 users don't say this doesn't happen on the PSN cause it does I have both and have seen it on both.AllI want to know is if you people of the forums are tired of these jerks ruiningour fun?

Dark5tar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Dark5tar1
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts

Welcome to online gaming, where d****ebags ruin the fun and we can't do anything about it.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

Do the talking with your gun. **** them up.

Regisland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Regisland
Member since 2009 • 2390 Posts

Live-bunch of 12 year olds screaming to death

Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Racer850
Member since 2009 • 2293 Posts
Just mute them, it works for me. However i do agree the abuse over XBL, PSN is terrible, and if i was a Father i would never let my children on XBL that's for sure.
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

Stop playing online games.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

I would suggest searching and joining one of the unions here on gamespot to find a group that you get along with. Then stick to your friends list. That's what I did and I haven't played with randoms for over two years.

mirriorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 mirriorman
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

people who play gears of war2 are the worst

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9161 Posts

Just mute them, it works for me. However i do agree the abuse over XBL, PSN is terrible, and if i was a Father i would never let my children on XBL that's for sure.Racer850

this. i see it as a non-issue since you can just mute whoever you want

tikki25x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tikki25x
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts

i always use Party Chat. i dont need any new friends. lol

tbone802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tbone802
Member since 2006 • 1195 Posts
I swear a lot when I play online, usually because I am getting owned, though I don't aim them at anyone specifically. When someone else is being annoying just mute them...I am sure plenty of people have done that to me.
RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Yes, there will always be racist children and annoying teens online but just ignore them. There are also some cool young kids and immature adults.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Stop playing online games.

Yandere

That or just turn the voices off and unplug your mic.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

[QUOTE="Racer850"]Just mute them, it works for me. However i do agree the abuse over XBL, PSN is terrible, and if i was a Father i would never let my children on XBL that's for sure.ogvampire

Why should you be forced to accommodate for their behavior? It's sad that muting people is the only real course of action, dulls the symptom, doesn't cure the disease. On Xbox Live you can report people for misconduct, but does that ever lead anywhere? Like, I wouldn't be surprised if the same people verbally abusing you were clogging the pipeline to death with frivolous reports.

With that said, I don't know if it's because I don't play online all that much, but I can't remember having to deal with jerks as much as complaints about them on forums have made me expect. Or at all really. Maybe I've just been lucky.

ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts

This is why I no longer play with a headset. If I'm playing with friends on Xbox Live, I use the chat feature.

Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="Racer850"]Just mute them, it works for me. However i do agree the abuse over XBL, PSN is terrible, and if i was a Father i would never let my children on XBL that's for sure.InsaneBasura

Why should you be forced to accommodate for their behavior? It's sad that muting people is the only real course of action, dulls the symptom, doesn't cure the disease. On Xbox Live you can report people for misconduct, but does that ever lead anywhere? Like, I wouldn't be surprised if the same people verbally abusing you were clogging the pipeline to death with frivolous reports.

With that said, I don't know if it's because I don't play online all that much, but I can't remember having to deal with jerks as much as complaints about them on forums have made me expect. Or at all really. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Sure, it would be nice if you could actually DO something about it. But it's a combination of behind-a-computer-screen syndrome, and bad parenting... and you can't fix either one of those without a boot to the face. It's kinda like the constant threat of terrorism... you can't really do anything about it, yourself, so just keep your head down, ignore it, and hope that nobody ****s with you.
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9161 Posts

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="Racer850"]Just mute them, it works for me. However i do agree the abuse over XBL, PSN is terrible, and if i was a Father i would never let my children on XBL that's for sure.InsaneBasura

well, what you are talking about is getting strangers to be more civil.... thats never gonna happen

but in all honesty, i play online quite a bit and it was never an issue to me. i suppose it depends on what games you play, but even so... the 1 or 2 people that are being jerks can be muted in a matter of seconds. not a hassle

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#19 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

You think you got it bad, try being black on xbox live.

Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rza_rectah
Member since 2005 • 3959 Posts

A little trash talk never hurt anyone.

tikki25x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tikki25x

RealKilla_789

qft. i dont even plug my mic in unless im in party chat.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

tikki25x
Too bad MW2 doesn't allow you to be in party chat while in a match, as far as i know :s Anyways, just trash talk back.
Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Rza_rectah
Member since 2005 • 3959 Posts
[QUOTE="tikki25x"]

[QUOTE="RealKilla_789"]

qft. i dont even plug my mic in unless im in party chat.

Its not that bad some of those racist kids have some funny black jokes. Im black BTW
tikki25x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tikki25x

[QUOTE="tikki25x"]

AAllxxjjnn

Too bad MW2 doesn't allow you to be in party chat while in a match, as far as i know :s Anyways, just trash talk back.

i heard about that. and im planning on getting it soon too. oh well, most people are cool, its just the kids and the racists that make things suck.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
That's why I'm glad you can mute people
ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ThePRAssassin
Member since 2009 • 1344 Posts

Welcome to online gaming*, where d****ebags ruin the fun and we can't do anything about it.

Dark5tar1

* = on consoles

PC gaming you don't have to play with douchebags, there's this wonderful thing called dedicated servers. Usually there's this thing called a clan, so most, if not all, are clan servers. You play with people you like and have fun with.

On consoles, you're forced into garbage matchmaking so that you have to by 3 overpriced, terrible maps.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

It's part of the reason I don't play online as much as I like. I love the concept of chatting while you are playing, it's too bad most people you meet aren't worthy of the feature.

ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ThePRAssassin

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="tikki25x"]

tikki25x

i heard about that. and im planning on getting it soon too. oh well, most people are cool, its just the kids and the racists that make things suck.

Kids and racists, that's all MW2 is.

Oh, there's also people who abuse exploits, but they're kids and/or racists, so it's better to just leave it to two general categories instead of having 200 vague ones.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 heretrix

[QUOTE="Dark5tar1"]

Welcome to online gaming*, where d****ebags ruin the fun and we can't do anything about it.

ThePRAssassin

* = on consoles

PC gaming you don't have to play with douchebags, there's this wonderful thing called dedicated servers. Usually there's this thing called a clan, so most, if not all, are clan servers. You play with people you like and have fun with.

On consoles, you're forced into garbage matchmaking so that you have to by 3 overpriced, terrible maps.

There are douches on the PC as well. Lets not take this into fantasyPCutopialand.

tikki25x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tikki25x

[QUOTE="tikki25x"]

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"] Too bad MW2 doesn't allow you to be in party chat while in a match, as far as i know :s Anyways, just trash talk back. ThePRAssassin

Kids and racists, that's all MW2 is.

Oh, there's also people who abuse exploits, but they're kids and/or racists, so it's better to just leave it to two general categories instead of having 200 vague ones.

aw man, thats not good. lol

ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ThePRAssassin

[QUOTE="ThePRAssassin"]

[QUOTE="Dark5tar1"]

heretrix

* = on consoles

There are douches on the PC as well. Lets not take this into fantasyPCutopialand.

Ok? I never said otherwise.

When I play CS I play in the same three or four servers, nobody is a douchebag. Why? Because I have the freedom to choose who I want to play with and who I don't want to play with.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

The Silverbond mutes those he plays with online.

Avatar image for Ravenlore_basic
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 Ravenlore_basic
Member since 2003 • 4319 Posts

that is one reason I do not pay for live. Its bad enough I had plenty of people on my ignore list on WOW. After a while this just gets old.

GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GTR2addict
Member since 2007 • 11863 Posts
Team Fortress 2 noobs are VERY annoying, especially when you say kill them with a deflected rocket, it turns into a whiny mess of WTF DID YOU JUST DO OMFG HAX
beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 beganoo
Member since 2009 • 1642 Posts

Oh come on.Why do peple take it so seriousy.Its the internet...

If it anoys you so much just mute.

I personaly cant care less.Its pretty ******* funny sometimes.I mute only if its some high pitched 12 year voice (nvm what hes saying).

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="ThePRAssassin"]

* = on consoles

ThePRAssassin

When I play CS I play in the same three or four servers, nobody is a douchebag. Why? Because I have the freedom to choose who I want to play with and who I don't want to play with.

The way your post read it certainly felt like you were insinuating it. And console gamers can choose who they play with also. It's called a friends list. While it doesn't work as well as a PC's dedicated servers you do have a choice. And some console games use dedicated servers also.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
I have noticed when you put a bunch of random gamers together, there is pointless long debates/arguments and non stop racist remarks.
Avatar image for BloodSeeker1337
BloodSeeker1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BloodSeeker1337
Member since 2009 • 1278 Posts
File a complaint or just mute them
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

RealKilla_789
:lol: anyone with a deep voice is a ******. Sad place XBL is.
mr-krinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#40 mr-krinkles
Member since 2008 • 1641 Posts

Eh, I'm in the UK and on PSN and don't have any problems with that kinda stuff. Sometimes I'll mute some people being a bit annoying by talking too much. I've heard it's a bit crazy across the pond, though.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts
I do it when there are dumb@sses on my team that just sit there like chimps and let the other team get the crates or won't give me ammo/health in BFBC/2 beta.I've never been verbally abused but then again I actually contribute to the team.
ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ThePRAssassin

[QUOTE="ThePRAssassin"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]There are douches on the PC as well. Lets not take this into fantasyPCutopialand.

heretrix

The way your post read it certainly felt like you were insinuating it. And console gamers can choose who they play with also. It's called a friends list. While it doesn't work as well as a PC's dedicated servers you do have a choice. And some console games use dedicated servers also.

I'm a console gamer too..look at my sig.

Yeah there's a friend's list, and maybe you can play private matches but most private match games are lobby based like Gears 1. Everything just revolves around you playing with friends, and I don't know about you but most of my friends like to play other games.

If I want to play Halo 3, sometimes my friends want to play something single player, or they want to play a different multiplayer game.

Then there's the "random" friends request that you give to people you played with and seemed like cool guys, but they just want to play ranked like everyone on Xbox.

ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ThePRAssassin

RealKilla_789

Even white people get called the "n" word.

When I play MW2 I only play with one friend (everyone else either broke the disc in half or sold it) and he's white, he's been called the "n" word more than me, and I'm hispanic.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

yeah, its bad...i make liberal use of my mute function. i also tend to friend anyone who was fun to play with. a large friend list of cool people helps a lot.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"]

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

Greyfeld

Sure, it would be nice if you could actually DO something about it. But it's a combination of behind-a-computer-screen syndrome, and bad parenting... and you can't fix either one of those without a boot to the face. It's kinda like the constant threat of terrorism... you can't really do anything about it, yourself, so just keep your head down, ignore it, and hope that nobody ****s with you.

Hopefully the future will save us with its technology and flying cars. Voice recognition is a thing. They could maybe find a way to implement that.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

It's pretty bad... That said, party chat is a huge help on XBL, since I can choose to talk only to my friends. Mute buttons help too.

May I present:

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

How about you don't let it bother you, it's just words. Mute them and move on, don't come here and whine about it cause then it just makes what they said true.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Rockman999
[QUOTE="RealKilla_789"]

Tjeremiah1988

PSN is like that too but thankfully mics aren't bundled in with every PS3.
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Rockman999
[QUOTE="RealKilla_789"]

Tjeremiah1988

PSN is like that too but thankfully mics aren't bundled in with every PS3.
rockzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rockzo
Member since 2009 • 520 Posts

I feel bad Console gamers have to deal with this. There is rarely any real jerks on PC games.