Conspiracacy theory on GTA4 reviews

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marshall_law_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 marshall_law_
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I believe all of the great scores given to GTA4 have something to do with the industry anomosity towards EA's attempted takeover to Take Two. Maybe a few reviewers are stockholders of Take two. Overall, I think the reviewers are collectively giving EA the finger.
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 tekmojo
Member since 2006 • 1425 Posts
No.
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

I thought it was more down to hype and very little information on the game to release. Both contributed to GTA4's success more so than how good/bad the game is.

If more information was released before hand and the hype train was not going at full steam due to mindless gamers i'm positive it would of been seen as more of a rehash than anything else.

RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts
For someone with a Fallout avatar, I expected better. For shame.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
Something happened, but I don't know what. After playing it for 30 + hours I can honestly say it's no where near a 10. Control problems, repetitive gameplay, weak story, content gutting, etc. Maybe an 8.5 at best imo.
marshall_law_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 marshall_law_
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
BTW I fully expect EA to destroy the fallout series
cmdrmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 cmdrmonkey
Member since 2004 • 994 Posts

Something happened, but I don't know what. After playing it for 30 + hours I can honestly say it's no where near a 10. Control problems, repetitive gameplay, weak story, content gutting, etc. Maybe an 8.5 at best imo.Bigboi500

I agree. It's still using an antiquated and incredibly frustrating PS2 style save system, the autoaim and cover system are broken, the missions are repetitive and many of them are just filler, the radio stations mostly suck, it's missing a truckload of features from prior GTA games, and the storyline takes itself way too seriously for its own good. The game is a resounding "meh" IMHO.

Great_Ragnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Great_Ragnarok
Member since 2007 • 3069 Posts
er no! this game actualy deserved the score! the amount of detail, the brilliant script!! its just an awesome game!
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Something happened, but I don't know what. After playing it for 30 + hours I can honestly say it's no where near a 10. Control problems, repetitive gameplay, weak story, content gutting, etc. Maybe an 8.5 at best imo.cmdrmonkey

I agree. It's still using an antiquated PS2 style save system, the autoaim and cover system are broken, the missions are repetitive and many of them are just filler, the radio stations mostly suck, and the story takes itself too seriously. The game is a resounding "meh" IMHO.

And the ai is completely out to lunch. I can't tell you how many times Playboy X, Phil, and Packie would just walk right into my line of fire, killing themselves and then you get the ole "so and so is dead" and then mission over.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 crunchUK
Member since 2007 • 3050 Posts
the only thing i really said "ZOMG a 10" to was the scale of liberty city.