supergokublitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 supergokublitz
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts

obvious answer is yes. pc gpu's intended for Gaming destroy consoles in terms of raw performance as do the cpu's.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

graphics are holding themselves back, at least on the nature front.. Takes way too long, way too many artists to model a million different plants, trees and leaves. The solution has been to reuse shit over and over like in that skyrim shot, but you can tell they tried to avoid that in Uncharted 4. But it's not worth it for them to dump hours and hours into getting perfectly modeled and unique leaves. So fidelity will suffer. It's one or the other unless you have unlimited budget for artists

Industrial stuff is easier and faster to model. That's why cars, space ships and buildings can look really good. There's also not a lot going on in the background of a space game other than stars, which are easy to model. That's why star citizen will look phenomenal. Icing on the cake is their HUGE funding campaign will allow them to just stack artists to model every little detail.

Maybe someone soon develops an algorithm to procedurally render different trees and junk that just ends up being in the background, so they can focus on character models and forefront things that are more important, and then games will really start to look good with no compromise

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#54  Edited By Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

I'm not understanding this whole "photo realistic" shit that people are deluding themselves into thinking games should look like.

They're still videogames

They're never going to be purely life-like.

The difference between games now and games 20 years from now isn't going to be remotely as huge as the graphical gap between, say, the SNES/Genesis era and the PS4/XBone era.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

As a pc gamer I think this is a croc of shit.. We are reaching reducing returns in which we are seeing a increase in hardware demand for smaller and smaller graphical improvements.. What is holding back gaming right now is not console hardware, it is the majority of the AAA industry in shoveling out the same derivative games over and over.. It isn't a shock that we are seeing a huge explosion with kickstarters and the indie industry bringing back dead genres and actually taking risks.. The big devs are putting too much money behind their projects causing them to play safe and take far less risk than we would see back years ago.. We are also seeing amazingly bad sales expectations in which devs are EXPECTING to sell millions of copies, just to ensure they are breaking even!... Furthermore it is funny your bringing up Crysis, a game at release that very few pc gamers had the hardware to run.. If consoles are "holding back" graphical leaps, than so is the majority of the pc base because most do not have cutting edge hardware.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

driveclub and order looking better than anything on PC kind of debunks this thread

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Driveclub looks mighty slick to me. So, no. It can't be the consoles.

raging_user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 raging_user
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

Again, you guys talk about the mods as if it adds or improves something to the engine that wasn't there before

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#59  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@lostrib:

I should have explained. PS4 and X1 will handle most PC games, with sligtly worse graphics, lower framerate and, in some cases, lower resolution. Still the same games.

Again, there are exceptions (Star Citizen, maybe Total War games...) but most PC games are perfectly ok for current consoles.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#60 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife:

"PS4 can´t even run Crysis with max settings and 1080p and 60fps."

I really doubt that.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

How is consoles is holding back graphical leap?

If game developers want full blown graphic then they can just stick to PC.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#62 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
@EZs said:

How is consoles is holding back graphical leap?

If game developers want full blown graphic then they can just stick to PC.

The game won't run on other 4 consoles, and 3rd party devs want to make the game as much profitable as possible. However, every gen there are always games released exclusively on PC that look better than anything out there in their own respective genre or in some cases overall.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 EZs

@Cloud_imperium said:

The game won't run on other 4 consoles, and 3rd party devs want to make the game as much profitable as possible. However, every gen there are always games released exclusively on PC that look better than anything out there in their own respective genre or in some cases overall.

Meaning to say, PC exclusive = less profit, Multiplats = more profit.

Sounds like profit holding back graphical leap, not consoles.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6610 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@PAL360 said:

Not any time soon, TC. With some exceptions, like Star Citizen, these consoles will be capable of doing anything on PC for the next 3 or 4 years.

Sure, they aren't as powerful as some PCs, but they are still 10 or 12 times more powerful than last gen consoles.

Consoles not gonna have better graphics.

PS4 can´t even run Crysis with max settings and 1080p and 60fps.

In fact Crysis still has better graphics(2007) than Uncharted 4.

find me gameplay where Crysis looks like in those pictures.

I bet you won't find even one video.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Cloud_imperium

@EZs said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Meaning to say, PC exclusive = less profit, Multiplats = more profit.

Sounds like profit holding back graphical leap, not consoles.

It means that if console hardware was better, there would be better looking games. Since most of platforms are outdated, devs focus on lowest common denominator, which holds back better hardware.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Cloud_imperium
@p3anut said:

@Gue1 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@PAL360 said:

Not any time soon, TC. With some exceptions, like Star Citizen, these consoles will be capable of doing anything on PC for the next 3 or 4 years.

Sure, they aren't as powerful as some PCs, but they are still 10 or 12 times more powerful than last gen consoles.

find me gameplay where Crysis looks like in those pictures.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Owned ! .

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

Pound for pound or cost for cost the ps4 is the best thing you can buy right now. The ps4 has it's os, controller, and ready to play out of the box for $399. Build me a pc with an os, controller and can run games as well as the ps4. I bet you can't. Then people say psn cost $50 a year. True but on the pc there are mmo's like wow, runescape, etc that also offer premium services.

It's laughable when the pc crowd says A radeon 7950 or higher is better. Sure it is because those cards almost cost the same as the ps4. Add in a good cpu, fast ram, good hd, premium power supply, etc. The cost sky rocket.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@gamevet77 said:

Pound for pound or cost for cost the ps4 is the best thing you can buy right now. The ps4 has it's os, controller, and ready to play out of the box for $399. Build me a pc with an os, controller and can run games as well as the ps4. I bet you can't. Then people say psn cost $50 a year. True but on the pc there are mmo's like wow, runescape, etc that also offer premium services.

It's laughable when the pc crowd says A radeon 7950 or higher is better. Sure it is because those cards almost cost the same as the ps4. Add in a good cpu, fast ram, good hd, premium power supply, etc. The cost sky rocket.

Here you go. Add in $20 for a two-button mouse and a keyboard, use your existing controllers (any of them) and get a $5 HDMI cable to hook up to your existing TV. Unless you want to add in the cost of a TV to your console prices.

This build will absolutely wreck any console, and be capable of FAR more than just games.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/66LRHx

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/66LRHx/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($72.27 @ TigerDirect)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A58M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($41.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: Team Elite 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($31.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.49 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card ($121.98 @ Newegg)

Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($43.98 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ Micro Center)

Total: $399.68

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-14 00:04 EST-0500

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 jun_aka_pekto

@gamevet77 said:

You'd still need to add the price of a non-gaming PC because I doubt you're posting here with a PS4.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

Here is a shot I took with my 8800GT SLI back in the day Crysis no mods.

This. Funny how console gamers keep saying that those are bullshots and modded. Nope, those screenshots are all UNMODDED!!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@04dcarraher said:

Here is a shot I took with my 8800GT SLI back in the day Crysis no mods.

This. Funny how console gamers keep saying that those are bullshots and modded. Nope, those screenshots are all UNMODDED!!

which is why they look shitty

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 m3dude1

wow those 2 crysis videos above look absolutely terrible. what awful modding

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@FreedomFreeLife said:

A lot of so-called Crysis mods are really just smart use of the Brightness/Color/Gamma Correction sliders + Detail Settings already present in the game. I don't really count them as mods.

Mods to me would be more like total texture replacements.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

PC gamers holding it back themselves, maybe if all of you upgraded your PC and uploaded your hardware info to steam and didnt pirate all games... maybe just maybe then you had seen better graphics on PC.

But other hand, why do you hermits complain about console graphic when you seem to love indie games that looks like 8bits :P

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 m3dude1

@mikhail said:

@gamevet77 said:

Here you go. Add in $20 for a two-button mouse and a keyboard, use your existing controllers (any of them) and get a $5 HDMI cable to hook up to your existing TV. Unless you want to add in the cost of a TV to your console prices.

This build will absolutely wreck any console, and be capable of FAR more than just games.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A58M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($41.98 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.49 @ OutletPC)

Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($43.98 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ Micro Center)

ps4 wrecks this crappy system. HF playing with low textures and tons of stuttering

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mikhail

@m3dude1: Really?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-270-review-benchmarks,3669-6.html

The CPU stomps all over the PS4's laptop grade bullshit, too.

Next peasant argument?

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

Not every game design is aimed towards photo realism. Bayonetta 2 was gorgeous.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@mikhail said:

@gamevet77 said:

ps4 wrecks this crappy system. HF playing with low textures and tons of stuttering

On top of that add another 75 to 100 dollars for the os. Plus money for a controller. PS4 has a controller included

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By mikhail

@gamevet77 said:

On top of that add another 75 to 100 dollars for the os. Plus money for a controller. PS4 has a controller included

Or free from DreamSpark if you're a student. Or $10 on Reddit's softwareswap for legit keys from MSDN license holders. I bought a retail copy of Windows 8.1 Pro N for $12.

And not everyone wants or needs a controller, and most people already have at least one that will work from any number of current or previous consoles. I don't know anyone that doesn't have at least an Xbox 360 or PS3 controller in their house.

If necessary, get a Logitech F310 for $15, it is a freaking awesome controller.

Next?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 m3dude1

@mikhail said:

Next peasant argument?

what is this link suppose to be demonstrating?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@mikhail said:

Next peasant argument?

what is this link suppose to be demonstrating?

how well an r9 270 plays bioshock it would look like

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By m3dude1
Loading Video...

what a tremendous console beating experience on that 7870/270. what a joke lmao. not to mention the pc doesnt even have an aa option as good as the consoles.

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

Says consoles are holding back graphics

Shows images of a 2007 PC game

Stupid.

Anti-Hero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Anti-Hero-
Member since 2014 • 24 Posts

majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

its good thing its holding back graphics than making a game so graphic so good but it will lead them to lacking on gameplay mechanics/bugs that never discovered on beta phase or selling a game that support one videocard maker than supporting whole due its need more "cool" and most of all making developers lost more money than selling games that make more games.....

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 FreedomFreeLife
@majestix1988 said:

its good thing its holding back graphics than making a game so graphic so good but it will lead them to lacking on gameplay mechanics/bugs that never discovered on beta phase or selling a game that support one videocard maker than supporting whole due its need more "cool" and most of all making developers lost more money than selling games that make more games.....

broken gameplay is thanks to console. Crysis has amazing gameplay. Its impossible to play with controller.

Hardcore gameplay like ARMA 3, STALKER, Crysis. Broken games is Assassins Creed that is milked on consoles.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Cloud_imperium

@majestix1988:

Holding back a better hardware is not a good thing. Because it's not just about graphics. Better hardware gives you more room for innovation in some cases (better AI, larger environments etc). L.A. Noire is a good example of how latest technology and capable hardware can bring new experiences on the table.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 EZs

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

Stupid.

LoL I know right. Is PC stuck with last decade graphics?

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@EZs said:

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

Stupid.

LoL I know right. Is PC stuck with last decade graphics?

I knuew right? since 2007 graphics on PC has better graphics than 2014 on consoles.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@p3anut said:

@Gue1 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@PAL360 said:

nd me gameplay where Crysis looks like in those pictures.

You're mad if you think either of those modded Crysis videos look more impressive than U4. They look even worse than vanilla Crysis.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@PernicioEnigma said:

@p3anut said:

@Gue1 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@PAL360 said:

nd me gameplay where Crysis looks like in those pictures.

You're mad if you think either of those modded Crysis videos look more impressive than U4. They look even worse than vanilla Crysis.

They added modded videos but i added unmodded screens.

Look how Far Cry 4 console post even looks worse than Crysis

ITS SAD MOMENT

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By m3dude1

its sad how far ahead of pc graphics the ps4 is. with only 28% of the processing power of a typical high end pc.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@gamevet77 said:

I built my brother his first gaming PC for xmas which consisted of:

AMD FX6300, 8Gb of RAM, 1Tb HDD, MSI Twin frozr 7950, EVGA 600w PSU, BitfeniX Neo's case.

Cost me £400 to build.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

m3dude1 - add gameplay, not photomode moron.

Second, why it looks so bad? super linear game also. also where are textures? where are shadows? why its all so blurry. wow this looks so bad.

Also nice broken game. 5/10 by gamespot.and 5.5/10 by metacritic users. shitty game is shitty.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By m3dude1

those screens are taken in exactly the same manner as the screens you are posting. dont be jealous because it will probably be at least 4+ years before pc gets a racing game that looks as good

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 scatteh316

Textures in DC are so bad.... Project Cars shits on it..

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By m3dude1

everything besides the cars in pcars is so bad. every single part of whats on screen that isnt part of the car looks like dog shit.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Nothing on PC even touches The Order and Drive Club, in fact they make Crysis 1 look like a bad joke in comparison.

Seriously C1 is butt ugly compare to 90% of games out now.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

Owened once again m3dude1

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By scatteh316

@m3dude1 said:

everything besides the cars in pcars is so bad. every single part of whats on screen that isnt part of the car looks like dog shit.

Show me a better road side texture in any PS4/Xbone racing game then these ones from PCars