Consoles delaying the graphical revolution

• 190 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LoserMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LoserMike
Member since 2003 • 4915 Posts

Windows 7 is going to be released soon and DirectX 11 is going to be released with it. Most PC games released in the past few years haven't even used the features of DirectX 10, even future games being released are based around DirectX 9.

Since the Xbox 360 and PS3 have features and graphics similar to DirectX 9, it is safe to assume that most developers don't want to push hardware as that will make it harder to port to consoles since PC games aren't selling as much as they used to. During the mid-life of the last console generation PCs were already way more advance than Consoles. When Far Cry, Half-Life 2, and Doom 3 were released back in 2004 they clearly showed how far advance PC games were ahead of consoles graphically. Even recent GPUs aren't released to much fanfare as they were in years past.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

This has been going on for YEARS.

Don't blame consoles, blame the PC users that aren't buying PC games, forcing Devs to run to consoles.

KalEl370

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KalEl370
Member since 2007 • 907 Posts

"since PC games aren't selling as much as they used to"

LoserMike

It's funny how you blame consoles and then say something like this.....maybe you should blame weak pc game sales and piracy instead.

Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts

It's funny how you blame consoles and then say something like this.....maybe you should blame weak pc game sales and piracy instead.

robflores370

No, blame the devs that make crappy sequels/ports and then blaming the community for low sales even though the game was crappy in the first place aka UT3 (stale in comparison to its predecessors) aka Crysis (did Crytek even expect Crysis to sell 15mil?), past EA (Securom).

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Its not consoles its PC's not enough people own compatible PC's yet to make it worth it, along with insane high dev costs to put out what they are now it would only skyrocket from there.
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Also those DRM that developers release with their games, especially EA.
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

Its not consoles its PC's not enough people own compatible PC's yet to make it worth it, along with insane high dev costs to put out what they are now it would only skyrocket from there.wooooode

It costs much less to develop games on the PC than on consoles. That is why the PC caters to so many indie devs. And they can make the game so that it scales. Crysis on low is pretty playable on most PC's, where as very high looks absolutely gorgeous and brings most computers to their knees.

Menalque2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Menalque2
Member since 2007 • 2630 Posts

Also those DRM that developers release with their games, especially EA.Miroku32

Thank you!!! If anything, DRM is the main culprit.

Quadster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#9 Quadster
Member since 2003 • 578 Posts
considering consoles now use PC based GPUs, saying the consoles are delaying the graphical revolution is the most rediculous thing i've ever heard. Why are we so obsessed with obtaining the most hyper realistic visuals ever conceived?....i could be wrong, but it's almost like people don't like escapism anymore, i mean seriously, gaming is meant to be fun and thats why i play them. personally i like all these different artistic visuals in games, gives them a colourful contrast so to speak. Just to contrast: (and not favouring any particular system) Crackdown Eternal sonata Ninja Gaiden 2 Gears of war Animal crossing Mirror's edge REZ Super mario sunshine These are some of games with IMO really cool art styles, hardly the most realistic but they stand out to me as games, and not situation simulators we're trying to achieve.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Don't blame consoles, blame the PC users that aren't buying PC games, forcing Devs to run to consoles.

SolidTy

This

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
Cheap ports is why I don't go for some games. Hardware has gotten pretty cheap these days and a little 8800GT can suit your gaming needs quite well, so a gaming comp is very affordable. However when a dev makes a straight port form the 360 to PC just by recompiling the code and expects good sales when the game can't even scale well for low end and high end hardware is just stupid. If you want sales 1. Make a good game. 2. Advertise a bit
PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PandaBear86
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts

As a PC gamer since 1994 and console gamer even before that, I agree with the TC. So many PC games nowadays are just console ports. I love consoles too, but PC is struggling to get more developer support that it deserves. Even John Carmack (creator of Doom and the FPS genre) admitted that Rage was designed with the 360 as the lead platform, saying "PC game sales are not what they used to be". PC gaming is slowly becoming more niche, while consoles are becoming more "hip". Sad, but looks like its true. The only PC game that casual gamers play nowadays is the Sims 3. Most of the other games are shooters, MMos and WRPGs etc.

In either case, blame those pirates who crack PC games for ruining our platform :(

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Huh? ArmA II, Empire Total War, hell even Crysis anyone?
Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts

As a PC gamer since 1994 and console gamer even before that, I agree with the TC. So many PC games nowadays are just console ports. I love consoles too, but PC is struggling to get more developer support that it deserves. Even John Carmack (creator of Doom and the FPS genre) admitted that Rage was designed with the 360 as the lead platform, saying "PC game sales are not what they used to be". PC gaming is slowly becoming more niche, while consoles are becoming more "hip". Sad, but looks like its true. The only PC game that casual gamers play nowadays is the Sims 3. Most of the other games are shooters, MMos and WRPGs etc.

In either case, blame those pirates who crack PC games for ruining our platform :(

PandaBear86

Again why do people blame pirates for low sales? A good game will still sell good regardless of pirates. Stalker sold 2 million, The Wither sold 1.5million, Crysis sold 3 million. Each of them were pirated to hell and back but because they were good games, they sold well and the developers got more funds; GDC made more STALKER games, CD Projekt is making The Witcher 2 and Crytek bought Free Radical, made Cry Engine 3 and is developing Crysis 2. Even World of Goo sold well for an indie game despite being gaving a high piracy rates.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
I can't say I care. I'm happy with my consoles.
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

i used to be a huge pc gamer. back when a half way decent computor could play pretty much any games.

but when the price rose for pc gaming. the sales started to slip. to the point were many devs droped making pc games all together.

We are starting to see ea and some other devs try to make more games for the pc's. but i doubt were ever see agian the ammount of games we saw in the early 2000. and even up to 2007

Darth_DuMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Darth_DuMas
Member since 2006 • 2687 Posts

Well consider that devs need the PC general standard to rise too. What is the point in making games with state of the art graphics if only a fraction of the gaming PC community will run it.

If no one curbed the possibilities of games you really would need to constantly upgrade.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc30280b8881
deactivated-5fc30280b8881

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5fc30280b8881
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts

I want the new graphics to be adopted quickly, and more and more bling to be pursued. It is usually pursued by those who don't care for their customers, and the faster said companies go under, the better.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#19 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Its allways like that. We will see a gig graphical jump (even on PC games) when the next consoles come out.

Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

[QUOTE="LoserMike"]

robflores370

Good one dude..hit the nail right on the head. Here is how I see it...When people think of gaming "in general" they think of consoles. Gaming started on consoles...OR...was popularized and commercialized on consoles. When I think of gaming I think of consoles. I dont care what pc has to offer. Upping the visuals another 5% isnt going to change the minds of millions and millions of people. Mods dont mean anything to 95% of the gaming community. Being able to set up your controls ie "keyboard" however you want them doesnt mean anything to most people either.

PCgamers are just pizzed because consoles are still pumping and knocked pcgaming back down a knotch. PCgaming is has a small group that will continue to follow it. Console gaming is still too mainstream, easy to use, and works with every game made for them to get run out. Sorry pcgamers...your time has come and gone with "COUNTER STRIKE"...:)

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 skrat_01

i used to be a huge pc gamer. back when a half way decent computor could play pretty much any games.

James161324
Wait what? Uh, my PC cost as much as a PS3 here in 2007. Runs every game I own just fine. PC gaming is cheaper than it has ever been, as hardware is so grossly overpowered. Seriously, your statement is bizzare. You really saying that its worse today? Oh yes lets not remember the 90s where hardware was not only grossly overpriced, but you had new formats such as CD-Roms causing a whole lot of mess, as well as the first 3D video cards. Hell - mid range card comparison - my X850 from 2004 to 2006 aged horribly. While my 8800GT from 2007 to 2009 has aged wonderfully.
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts

SolidTy

Unfortunately it's true

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

Cool story Bro.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61526 Posts

Hopefully, the fact that DX11 is fully backwards compatible with 9/10, should help devs decide to code with DX 11. Meaning we should get some great looking games, which can be scaled back for 9/10 machines.

Metalscarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Metalscarz
Member since 2004 • 1019 Posts

[QUOTE="robflores370"]

[QUOTE="LoserMike"]

FunkyHeadHunter

Good one dude..hit the nail right on the head. Here is how I see it...When people think of gaming "in general" they think of consoles. Gaming started on consoles...OR...was popularized and commercialized on consoles. When I think of gaming I think of consoles. I dont care what pc has to offer. Upping the visuals another 5% isnt going to change the minds of millions and millions of people. Mods dont mean anything to 95% of the gaming community. Being able to set up your controls ie "keyboard" however you want them doesnt mean anything to most people either.

PCgamers are just pizzed because consoles are still pumping and knocked pcgaming back down a knotch. PCgaming is has a small group that will continue to follow it. Console gaming is still too mainstream, easy to use, and works with every game made for them to get run out. Sorry pcgamers...your time has come and gone with "COUNTER STRIKE"...:)

There are more PC gamers in the WORLD then consoles. Period.

The Western world surely makes a huge chunk of change for the entire industry. The PC gaming world outside the US though is still quite big. Sims 3? World of Warcraft? You mentioned Counterstrike? Despite the age of these products, they sell. A lot. Crysis even sold 3 million + with its absurd requirements! Plus these games will keep selling even when you bought a second or third console from now.

PC games will not go away, especially with the cost of technology plummeting. The PC is always the best place to go for a staff thats want to push the envelope of tech, and or is to small to afford the royalties and publishing woes of the consoles. The PC has and forever will be a staple of gaming culture. Even if the kids in the US/UK/JAPAN prefer the ease of use of a console.

Almost every third party console game ends up on the PC as well anyway. Every game ends up on the PC later down the line.

PC gaming may not be in the spot light, but it never really was. It will continue to be a niche audience that enjoys tech almost as much as games, or has such a love of the medium playing with sub PC performance is just not an option. I'd even wager despite the percieved lack of exclusive big name titles, that there is more people playing on a PC right now then ever before. It keeps evolving into something that is much easier to grasp and afford and will continue to do as such.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="robflores370"]

[QUOTE="LoserMike"]

FunkyHeadHunter

There have been over 200 miliion gaming PC's sold since the beginning of this gen (ie, the release of the 360).

Link that PC gaming was worth over 12 billion in 2008, and that almost 50 million PC's capable of playing video games had been shipped in less than one year.

You were saying what now?

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

SolidTy

This

aroxx_ab

Unfortunately it's true

badtaker

That must be why the console developers went cross platform as well :roll: I suppose console gamers aren't buying games either...

The sheer number of people who seem incapable of recognising that cross platform orientation is happening to 'all platforms' is getting irritating. It is today's content development cost causing cross platform orientation, it is happening on all platforms, will consolites quit trying to make it seem like a PC only problem.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 skrat_01

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

badtaker

Unfortunately it's true

Yes which is why so many console IPs that were once exclusive...

are now on the PC too. Yes of course, its piracy.

Development costs have nothing to do with it.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts

The are PC exclusive powerhouses that come from time to time, so I don't know what you're talking about. Honestly, this is a generation that's been multiplat focused. Exclusives are becoming less common, and this isn't just PC only. We're going to see Crysis 2 on consoles, whereas we're going to see Dead Rising 2 on PC for example.

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BodyElite
Member since 2009 • 2678 Posts

Just because consoles are on the shelves for longer times, doesnt mean ATI and Nvidia (sp?) arnt working hard creating more advanced chips... Like a dev said, its better that this gen of consoles will have a longer shelf life, because when the next gen of consoles releases, we will be amazing at how big of a leap the graphics and power will be... Sucks for Wii owners though, they are stuck with last gen hardware for another 4 years! :lol:

FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FunkyHeadHunter

There have been over 200 miliion gaming PC's sold since the beginning of this gen (ie, the release of the 360).

Link that PC gaming was worth over 12 billion in 2008, and that almost 50 million PC's capable of playing video games had been shipped in less than one year.

I was saying that no matter how many pcs sell, no matter how big a fuss pcgamers make, no matter if the graphics are marginally better, no matter if you can connect the pc to a tv, no matter if you can use a "consoles" controller, no matter how many mods you make up....THAT PCs have never been, are not now, and never will be the mainstream consumer choice, most popular outlet for gaming...EVER.

I know it hurts but its true.. maybe you got it this time??..;)

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

FunkyHeadHunter

I was saying that no matter how many pcs sell, no matter how big a fuss pcgamers make, no matter if the graphics are marginally better, no matter if you can connect the pc to a tv, no matter if you can use a "consoles" controller, no matter how many mods you make up....THAT PCs have never been, are not now, and never will be the mainstream consumer choice, most popular outlet for gaming...EVER.

You are solely insinuating, and passed off your opinion as fact. How can they not be the most popular, if they have sold the most "gaming" PC's in this current generation, they have sold more than all the consoles combined (Wii, PS3 and 360). How's that possible?

FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FunkyHeadHunter

[QUOTE="FunkyHeadHunter"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

lundy86_4

You are solely insinuating, and passed off your opinion as fact. How can they not be the most popular, if they have sold the most "gaming" PC's in this current generation, they have sold more than all the consoles combined (Wii, PS3 and 360). How's that possible?

You do know that just because a PC is labeled "GAMING" doesnt mean people are using them as "GAMING PCs"...A gaming pc is nothing more than a high end pc. Used for video editing, photo editing, animation,music ect. ect..I am going to upgrade my pc soon to "gaming pc specs" but im not using it as a gaming machine. Now can you see how im not just "insinuating" but im actually thinking about the many uses of the PC which in fact does out do the console with no question.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AnnoyedDragon

You do know that just because a PC is labeled "GAMING" doesnt mean people are using them as "GAMING PCs"...A gaming pc is nothing more than a high end pc. Used for video editing, photo editing, animation,music ect. ect..I am going to upgrade my pc soon to "gaming pc specs" but im not using it as a gaming machine. Now can you see how im not just "insinuating" but im actually thinking about the many uses of the PC which in fact does out do the console with no question.

FunkyHeadHunter

By that rational I declare that the majority of PS3s sold are used as Blu-ray players and not for gaming.

I don't need any evidence, apparently. It being a possibility means that it is true.

salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 salxis
Member since 2009 • 4280 Posts
Actually, blame the economy, noone's taking risks right now
abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
If consoles can offer graphics as good as Gears, KZ2, Uncharted and RE5 then I'm very satisfied.
DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DeadEndPanda
Member since 2008 • 2358 Posts

nothing new.

if we had photorealistic graphics now.

there would be no way for the industry to milk the people who want greater graphics.

thats why they are delaying.

useLOGIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 useLOGIC
Member since 2006 • 2802 Posts

SolidTy

and/thread

FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FunkyHeadHunter

[QUOTE="FunkyHeadHunter"]

AnnoyedDragon

By that rational I declare that the majority of PS3s sold are used as Blu-ray players and not for gaming.

I don't need any evidence, apparently. It being a possibility means that it is true.

Well you are right. In the beginning the PS3 was used as that. OR it was being played up as being used that way. Even though there were a few good titles early on. Poeple were being quite dramatic at the time and dissing the PS3 for the "fun" of it. And in most cases you dont need "evidence" to understand many points not only here in the gaming world, but in life as well.

You have millions of people that follow, believe, and give their life to a so called GOD"Jesus" and they have zero proof of anything. BUT you ask them and its as real as the nose on your face.

Avatar image for SLIisaownsystem
SLIisaownsystem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SLIisaownsystem
Member since 2009 • 964 Posts

Windows 7 is going to be released soon and DirectX 11 is going to be released with it. Most PC games released in the past few years haven't even used the features of DirectX 10, even future games being released are based around DirectX 9.

Since the Xbox 360 and PS3 have features and graphics similar to DirectX 9, it is safe to assume that most developers don't want to push hardware as that will make it harder to port to consoles since PC games aren't selling as much as they used to. During the mid-life of the last console generation PCs were already way more advance than Consoles. When Far Cry, Half-Life 2, and Doom 3 were released back in 2004 they clearly showed how far advance PC games were ahead of consoles graphically. Even recent GPUs aren't released to much fanfare as they were in years past.

LoserMike

pc games still can look completely different to the console versions, the big exclusive titles are just replaced of multiplattform games

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
I don't care. Graphics on consoles look fine to me at the moment, no need to rush things.
MajorGamer531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 MajorGamer531
Member since 2005 • 1215 Posts

considering consoles now use PC based GPUs, saying the consoles are delaying the graphical revolution is the most rediculous thing i've ever heard. Why are we so obsessed with obtaining the most hyper realistic visuals ever conceived?....i could be wrong, but it's almost like people don't like escapism anymore, i mean seriously, gaming is meant to be fun and thats why i play them. personally i like all these different artistic visuals in games, gives them a colourful contrast so to speak. Just to contrast: (and not favouring any particular system) Crackdown Eternal sonata Ninja Gaiden 2 Gears of war Animal crossing Mirror's edge REZ Super mario sunshine These are some of games with IMO really cool art styles, hardly the most realistic but they stand out to me as games, and not situation simulators we're trying to achieve.Quadster

Console Systems graphics update slower. They won't have new GPUs until the next console launch.

MajorGamer531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 MajorGamer531
Member since 2005 • 1215 Posts

BTW consoles are what developers are being paid to develop for more because Microsoft would rather pay for pc developers to develop for gaming on the xbox platform since they control the hardware for it.

ace070590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ace070590
Member since 2007 • 439 Posts

I must say that it does not bother me in the least that PC games are having to follow consoles standards...it is PC gamers fault in the end (no offense). Plus, no matter how you look at it, eventually we will have jaw-dropping graphics. . . if I do not get them in the next 3-4 years, it does not bother me. Games like like Uncharted 2, Resident Evil 5, Gears of War 2, Killzone 2, COD:MW2, Assasin's Creeed 2, etc, look good enough for me....if games stay this way for a while, I will be happy....developers might even take more time with the story instead of amazing graphics.

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dc337
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

[QUOTE="wooooode"]Its not consoles its PC's not enough people own compatible PC's yet to make it worth it, along with insane high dev costs to put out what they are now it would only skyrocket from there.shakmaster13

It costs much less to develop games on the PC than on consoles. That is why the PC caters to so many indie devs. And they can make the game so that it scales. Crysis on low is pretty playable on most PC's, where as very high looks absolutely gorgeous and brings most computers to their knees.

He was talking about the high dev costs that go with building a high end pc exclusive like Crysis which cost $22 million to make. Making a multiplat is a much safer investment.

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts

So what if consoles are delaying the graphical revolution ? The games are still amazing...

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
You should stop whining about what you could have and enjoy what you have at the moment. When the graphical technology is ready to be brought out to the "main stream", it'll be brought out.
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AnnoyedDragon

Well you are right. In the beginning the PS3 was used as that. OR it was being played up as being used that way. Even though there were a few good titles early on. Poeple were being quite dramatic at the time and dissing the PS3 for the "fun" of it. And in most cases you dont need "evidence" to understand many points not only here in the gaming world, but in life as well.

You have millions of people that follow, believe, and give their life to a so called GOD"Jesus" and they have zero proof of anything. BUT you ask them and its as real as the nose on your face.

FunkyHeadHunter

The point being made was a possibility is not evidence.

Could those gaming PC sales be used for none gaming tasks? Yes, but that isn't evidence that the install base figure is useless as an indication of gaming install base. There is no method of measuring how many PS3 sales are simply used as Blu-ray players, just like you cannot make assumptions on whether or not gaming PCs are actually used for gaming.

Quite frankly I think it is a good indication of the gaming install base. Not because I'm a PC gamer so it is in my interests to criticise these sort of claims in SW, but because there is a entirety separate line of GPUs more suited for none gaming but graphically intensive workstation tasks. Gaming computers are equipped with Geforce and ATI equivalent GPUs, people who need high end graphics for none gaming tasks get GPUs like the Nvidia Quadro.

I think it is fair to say a high end PC with a Geforce GPU is intended for gaming.

FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FunkyHeadHunter

So what if consoles are delaying the graphical revolution ? The games are still amazing...

anshul89

You know I just got to thinking...I think PCs might be holding back technology in games. And this might be the reason so many developers are moving over to consoles. Think about it. PCs are very intimidating to millions of people. There is no debating that. Many people are scared of them. Dont want to mess with them for one reason or another.

Consoles are easy. You plug them in, turn them on and boom...you are in. No messing with installing parts and learning ins and outs. So developers are spending more time on them. More adults and elderly are playing games now more so then ever. Why? Ease of use, newer motion controls, game characters that have been around for years that people feel comfortable with. Consoles are made for games. Yes they do other things now days, but in general they are for games.

Graphically consoles are doing just fine. The difference in graphics are so slim it really doesnt matter anymore. Sure console tech is behind a little, but look at what we get even with that. I feel people look a little too close at graphics and less at whats important. Gameplay...

FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FunkyHeadHunter

You should stop whining about what you could have and enjoy what you have at the moment. When the graphical technology is ready to be brought out to the "main stream", it'll be brought out.forgot_it

I agree...People whining about graphics kill me. You have PC gamers that say they get the best of the visuals. Well...Even they have nothing compared to whats being used in animated movies and such. SO the argument is bunk. PC and console graphics are behind if you ask me..BUT then again, IM very very far from a graphicswhore as I still play 30 year old games daily.