Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

Ok so I was anxious to play The Outer Worlds. I downloaded it on Gamepass for PC and Xbox.

On PC I downloaded it to my SSD drive just in case the loadtimes were bad. I started playing and the first problem was the character selection screen. You just saw an outline of where the character should go. I couldn't get to choose what my character looks like because of this. I don't care about that so no big deal I moved on.

Then I loaded the game and the crashes began. I crashed to desktop every 5 minutes. No matter what I tried the crashes kept getting worse. It got to the point that the game would not even load to the title screen.

Now I started troubleshooting my PC. The nightmare began, I rolled back AMD drivers, reinstalled the drivers, reinstalled windows multiple times, tried an old GPU I had laying around until finally I had some progress. Eventually after weeks of troubleshooting I realized that if I underclock my GPU(RX 580), I had some stability. I thought wow this is weird, it can reach a clock of 1,310 and still remain somewhat stable. My GPU is a Saphire Nitro and the stock clock is 1,430 so I began to really suspect the PSU.

My PSU is a Corsair modular Gold 750 wat so I thought damn it can't be this. I tested the RAM, flashed and updated bios on my ASUS motherboard. Finally I decided you know what I have to buy a new PSU because everything tells me that this could be it. At this point it had to either be the motherboard, GPU or PSU. I got luck because you can buy a PSU at bestbuy and if it's not that, I can return it without a restocking fee within 15 days.

IT WAS THE PSU!!!!!!!!!!!! My PC is now stable as a rock! It was weeks fighting my PC and I already decided to upgrade this blackfriday to an AMD Ryzen 3900X and 5700 XT but now my PC is stable so that's great.

The game is running beautifully on my RX 580 at high settings btw.

Xbox One X, I loaded the game and everything just worked. I do have to complain about the incredibly long load times. On the X, they are just bad. Waaaaaay better on PC with an SSD and I don't even such a fast SSD(Samsung 860 Evo).

Next gen consoles will solve the long loading time issue and the slow CPU(fps) issues that current gen consoles suffer from. I wonder what the PC will have to fend off consoles next gen?

It's not looking good for the future of gaming PCs. Would love to see your thoughts and experiences.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

Hardware failures happen. Remember the days of RROD and YLOD? Yeah... Another dumb thread from TC.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

I'll be upgrading to a 2TB NVMe after xmas, I'm done with traditional HDDs.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Console CPU will still be weak next gen, hardly be full desktop will it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#5 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17835 Posts

@Xplode_games: You should have...

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts
@Xplode_games said:

Next gen consoles will solve the long loading time issue and the slow CPU(fps) issues that current gen consoles suffer from. I wonder what the PC will have to fend off consoles next gen?

It's not looking good for the future of gaming PCs. Would love to see your thoughts and experiences.

Not sure this time. Each gen until now consoles were completely obliterated by PC hardware, but the gap is shrinking with PS4 Pro and One X.

But imho it's a good thing.

PC gaming won't go away. On the contrary; it will continue to thrive.

Why do I think it's a good thing the gap is smaller between the consoles and PC? For the first time, MS is actually doing something good with PC gaming, and I REALLY like how they're using their Xbox ecosystem.

Ports are getting better (with some bad examples like RDR2), Windows is becoming a really good OS for gaming, and Steam is finally getting some real challenge from other digital distribution services (Epic, GOG, Xbox Game Pass).

The future of both console and PC gaming is great.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

Not sure what you mean by fend off since consoles are the inferior experience and sit in the corner unused between forced exclusives

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

I'm happy that your PC troubles have been resolved.

My biggest gripe with the X1X is the menus. My god are they awful and laggy. Easily the worst part of using an X1. Holy hell are they bad. Like, really bad. Like, wtf are we doing here bad. Absolutely unacceptable for a computer in 2019. Terrible.

Anyway. Consoles all suck and my PC is way easier and more pleasant to use. I'll def update you when I get hands on with the new consoles, but I don't have high hopes. As much as I want consoles to work well, they just never do. It's been a recurring thing and the prospect of another cheap PC (console) doesn't smell good.

1. Consoles are PCs
  2. Consoles are cheap PCs

Economies of scale in manufacturing can only do so much with cheap hardware. Shit has been going on for a decade ever since consoles became modern PCs. I'd love for a console to perform well, but they never do.

I'll be the first one to praise a console for working well when it happens.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44312 Posts

I’m not really all that concerned about any power/performance gap between consoles and PC. I just care about the performance I get from a console in relation to how much it costs. If I feel that I get a good number of games that interest me and the price for the system is fair for what it does then I’m satisfied with that. I prefer consoles over PC gaming largely because I like to get the majority of my games on physical formats but I also just find console gaming more convenient for me personally.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

I'll always prefer consoles... they're just easier. Yes you can get a better experience on PC if you have the hardware and the game runs well, but for me it's not worth it.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xplode_games

@BassMan said:

That's from the movie Thinner. Good one, lol!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#12 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17835 Posts

@Xplode_games said:
@BassMan said:

It's from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Windex fixes everything. hehe :)

Loading Video...

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Rule n1 buy a quality PSU. U got lucky it didn't wreck there entire system with it.

Mostly u can hear if a PSU dies it makes weird noise when u stress it ( coilwhine or something ). Just run a stress test that pushes your hardware and listen next towards it. If it makes like coil sounds its probably on its end.

Anyway, PC's don't compete with consoles anymore mate. Consoles compete with other consoles for a space that shrinks every year. PC is its own platform entirely and growing every year drastically, now with china entering consoles are becoming more and more smaller. There is a reason why everybody and there mom is pushing titles / services on PC.

Whatever consoles do or not, it won't effect PC even remotely. Next gen will still be medium hardware at best for gaming PC's. I would be shocked if that GPU in the PS5 beats a 3060 ti, and if that ryzen will beat even the weakest intel cpu in its lineup performance wise.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8489 Posts

This time PC Gaming will finally die. THIS TIME it will be and the cycle repeats.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Xplode_games

@BassMan said:
@Xplode_games said:
@BassMan said:

It's from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Windex fixes everything. hehe :)

Loading Video...

Yes, same actor but wrong movie. I remembered his face and the windex scenes and got confused. Good one!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

Yeah I love how consoles never fail or seem faulty:

-RROD on multiple Xbox 360s

-Xbox 360 scratching disks

-PS4 sounding like a jet engine taking off

-Faulty console games that don't receive a needed patch and there are no community mods that could help you out.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:

-PS4 sounding like a jet engine taking off

You have to listen to my Pro when running Modern Warfare. Bought the game to play with work friends, and thank God I use a pair of Arctis 7's... It's actually insane, and even my PC when spun up comes nowhere close.

Not my video, but here ya go... Skip to 2:15 to hear it get up there.

Loading Video...

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

I have a high powered PC that I use exclusively for 3D work, I've played one game on it and the occasiona facebook chess but I just dont enjoy sitting at my PC gaming when I sit to work all day. To that point, I also don't really enjoy couch gaming as much as I used to, preferring the Switch so I can sit in the spare bed and really get engrossed. I know PS vita has the remote play but it felt jerry rigged though it did technically work

If the next gen can give me a reliable remote play experience where the handheld's controller works seamlessly and the text get's hand held enlargement I could definitely see myself going with whichever system offers the best version of this. Hoping Nintendo can juice up what they offered this time around so the ports are easier.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Xplode_games

@pyro1245 said:

I'm happy that your PC troubles have been resolved.

My biggest gripe with the X1X is the menus. My god are they awful and laggy. Easily the worst part of using an X1. Holy hell are they bad. Like, really bad. Like, wtf are we doing here bad. Absolutely unacceptable for a computer in 2019. Terrible.

Anyway. Consoles all suck and my PC is way easier and more pleasant to use. I'll def update you when I get hands on with the new consoles, but I don't have high hopes. As much as I want consoles to work well, they just never do. It's been a recurring thing and the prospect of another cheap PC (console) doesn't smell good.

1. Consoles are PCs
  2. Consoles are cheap PCs

Economies of scale in manufacturing can only do so much with cheap hardware. Shit has been going on for a decade ever since consoles became modern PCs. I'd love for a console to perform well, but they never do.

I'll be the first one to praise a console for working well when it happens.

Thank you, it was hell for a while there. It was hard to point my finger at the PSU because it was powering everything only that there were constant restarts all the time. But those constant restarts coincided with the install of TOW so I was thrown for a loop. It was a good PSU also, a Corsair 750 W modular gold. I refused to believe it was the culprit. Glad I finally got it figured out and am stable as a rock.

I think console is great for the price. I would love for the lines to be blurred by next gen Xbox running full Windows OS at least in some version. I would buy it asap!

I'm excited for next gen, let's see what happens!

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2081 Posts

@lundy86_4: @Xplode_games: I had the same problem. I took the top panel off my PS4 and blew away all the dust and it sounded much better.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

Let me guess. Your PSU is like 8 years old. Just like consoles, you eventually have to upgrade the hardware. PSUs degrade over time.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2081 Posts

@mtron32: I have a high powered PC which is used for my photography business, however I hardly game on it because I prefer Sony single player exclusives and hate multiplayer gaming.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lundy86_4  Online

@robbie23 said:

@lundy86_4: @Xplode_games: I had the same problem. I took the top panel off my PS4 and blew away all the dust and it sounded much better.

I just had it in for a $100 repair, as a HDMI cord got stuck into the port, and the port needed replacing. The console was entirely cleaned and the port replaced.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

@Xplode_games said:

Haven't had a console since the 16-bit days EXCEPT the PSP (all those 16-bit games on the go). I went through four PSPs in about five years, always the same thing: thumbstick drift. Finally said screw it, and now I've got all those PSP games with no way to play them.

Something that's never going to happen on PC. I've got PC games from the 90's I can load up and just play. May have to use DOSBox, but you know what? I can do that.

When I buy a PC game I know it's not tied to any hardware that's going to be obsolete and not easily obtainable at some point in the future.

That said, my SNES works like the day it was born. Sega CD...ermm...not so much. :-(

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

@robbie23 said:

@mtron32: I have a high powered PC which is used for my photography business, however I hardly game on it because I prefer Sony single player exclusives and hate multiplayer gaming.

PS4 is where I go for any AAA game I can't get on switch and the exclusives are indeed the icing. Loving God of War

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#26 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I guess I've always been more of a console gamer and will be for as long as I can most likely. I did buy a gaming PC in 2015 but I've hardly used it to be honest.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

My Xbox One developed a HDD problem where it became incredibly slow, and a fan issue where it was making noises. Occurred outside of warranty. Cost me £100 to have M$ fix it. If it was the PC I could have done it myself, chosen better parts and replaced the parts quickly. And it had to go back twice, because they didn't care enough to do the job properly the first time. An expensive console, dumped Kinect and exclusives, then charged a ton for a basic repair job.

Yeah, I'll stick with the PC thanks.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

Next gen has already decided: PC has won before the contest even starts.

You don't buy consoles because they have the best games or best visuals, you buy them because they're cheap and easy. Conversely, you don't buy a decent PC because it's cheap, you buy it because it's the best.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

Been hearing this the last 3 console generations. Long story short, it won't decide anything.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#30 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19587 Posts

There is no final battle. PC and consoles are both growing and thriving, with neither showing signs of decline. And they're not really in direct competition with each other.

Utherellus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Utherellus
Member since 2016 • 107 Posts

I mean I'm just very happy and excited that soon we will finally get rid of 2011 hardware standarts and move on to much greater fidelity and scale in games

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

I’ve had 2 PSUs die on me in the last 10 years. They were both Corsair PSUs. I’ve switched to EVGA G or P models in all the builds I’ve done since then, and things have been great.

My PC building rules

EVGA power supplies

Water cooled CPUs

Nvidia GPUs

Build to need, not some silly price target

Im getting pretty close to a only AMD CPU rules, but we’ll see if the AM4 platform is dead with Zen3 or not.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

If hardware issues were all it would talk to push people away PC gaming would not be continuing to grow like it has since ever especially in recent years. Even for those types of people that can't handle some troubleshooting gaming laptops and prebuilt desktops have become a lot for reasonable in price in recent years you don't see as much discouragement from PC gamers like in the past because on sale they're pretty good deals and almost better than building the same specs yourself.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Xplode_games

@mrbojangles25 said:

Next gen has already decided: PC has won before the contest even starts.

You don't buy consoles because they have the best games or best visuals, you buy them because they're cheap and easy. Conversely, you don't buy a decent PC because it's cheap, you buy it because it's the best.

You make a great point here. That's really what the difference is. That's why I find it to be ridiculous when I read about how a PC is cheaper than consoles or that a console performs better than a PC. Both are absurd arguments for obvious reasons.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Xplode_games

@WitIsWisdom said:

Been hearing this the last 3 console generations. Long story short, it won't decide anything.

The first and only console generation where consoles have all PC parts is this one. Next gen is really the first next gen of PC powered consoles.

Your statement only addresses the ridiculously wild and incredibly stupid hyperbolic assertion of Playstation owners who though their console had "magic" hardware with "hidden powa". I find it amazing that people actually believe that. They even believed the disk drive was the magic bullet, LMFAO!

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Come on man even the slowest shittest of shit SSD is faster then the stock hard drive used in the Xbox One X. You can always use an external SSD on the Xbox One X and it does help a lot. That is what I do with the games I play the most.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Xplode_games

@goldenelementxl said:

I’ve had 2 PSUs die on me in the last 10 years. They were both Corsair PSUs. I’ve switched to EVGA G or P models in all the builds I’ve done since then, and things have been great.

My PC building rules

EVGA power supplies

Water cooled CPUs

Nvidia GPUs

Build to need, not some silly price target

Im getting pretty close to a only AMD CPU rules, but we’ll see if the AM4 platform is dead with Zen3 or not.

I actually wanted to get a Seasonic Platinum but I wasn't sure it was the PSU and they don't carry Seasonic at bestbuy(which offers returns). They do carry EVGA.

How would you say EVGA stacks up against Seasonic? Also, what motherboard would you recommend for an AMD CPU build? I'm looking to pick up a 3900k with a X570 motherboard. I am looking at ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Xplode_games
@NoodleFighter said:

If hardware issues were all it would talk to push people away PC gaming would not be continuing to grow like it has since ever especially in recent years. Even for those types of people that can't handle some troubleshooting gaming laptops and prebuilt desktops have become a lot for reasonable in price in recent years you don't see as much discouragement from PC gamers like in the past because on sale they're pretty good deals and almost better than building the same specs yourself.

I hope you are referring to CyberpowerPC when you say pre-built systems and not some crappy Walmart "gaming" system.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I hate to be that guy who says 'Well I don't get problems running games on PC' but honestly I don't. Maybe I've been lucky, but PC gaming has changed beyond all recognition compared to ten years ago when it was unusual not to run into problems in games with drivers and configurations etc. I honestly don't believe it's an issue that should put anyone off playing games on PC.

Biggest problem with consoles is that endless obsession with resolution over performance because that's easier to market to people who don't know better. The next gen of consoles better have 60fps as standard across ALL games or at this point they can just f*** right off tbh.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@Xplode_games: I have the Asrock Taichi X570 motherboard. It looks great and was a breeze to build with. It’s the only one I looked into because it immediately caught my eye. As for PSU’s, I have no experience with Seasonic. EVGA G2 or P2 models are great. I know the Seasonic Prime units are one a ton of people like. Like I said before, I’ve only had problems with Corsair

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts
@Xplode_games said:
@NoodleFighter said:

I hope you are referring to CyberpowerPC when you say pre-built systems and not some crappy Walmart "gaming" system.

Not just Cyberpower but most PC manufacture brands now. Some places will even offer to just buy the specs and build it for you and only charge between $50-$100 for the labor.

@blueinheaven said:

I hate to be that guy who says 'Well I don't get problems running games on PC' but honestly I don't. Maybe I've been lucky, but PC gaming has changed beyond all recognition compared to ten years ago when it was unusual not to run into problems in games with drivers and configurations etc. I honestly don't believe it's an issue that should put anyone off playing games on PC.

Biggest problem with consoles is that endless obsession with resolution over performance because that's easier to market to people who don't know better. The next gen of consoles better have 60fps as standard across ALL games or at this point they can just f*** right off tbh.

Not only that but resolution is also getting prioritized over graphics. That's why you see games run on the Xbox One X at 4K but with medium settings and even lower than low settings. What good is 4K resolution if you're playing a game that's on par with PCs medium and low settings?

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Hardware failures happen. Remember the days of RROD and YLOD? Yeah... Another dumb thread from TC.

You mean to tell me that consoles ALSO experience hardware failures?

*gasp*

Say it ain't so!

/s

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

@Xplode_games said:

I actually wanted to get a Seasonic Platinum but I wasn't sure it was the PSU and they don't carry Seasonic at bestbuy(which offers returns). They do carry EVGA.

How would you say EVGA stacks up against Seasonic?

EVGA PSU's are good quality. Most of their gold rated supernova G series psu's have a 10 year warranty.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Its a 200-240w console... I'm sorry it will never be a fair playing field, sure you pay MUCH more for a better PC but its safe to say that you can already have better PC right now than a next generation console, who knows how much bigger the gap will be once those consoles release and their are even stronger cards than a 2080 Ti.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Xplode_games said:

We hear this at the end of every single gen.

Then the next gen comes and,

• 99% of games are much better on PC. .
  • PC has the most players out of all systems (by a lot).
  • PC has the most gaming hardware or software revenue out of all system (by a lot).
  • PC has the best gfx and performance by a good amount.
  • PC wins at MC and GS (SW Meta Game).
  • PC has by far the best online and contains 99% of e-sports or even just core competitive gaming.

I remember hearing PC would be dead once Consoles got online 10+ years ago. Guess what happened, the opposite. PC pulled even further ahead in revenue % compared to consoles.

You should be more worried about mobile gaming vs both PC+Consoles.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

@Xplode_games said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

The first and only console generation where consoles have all PC parts is this one. Next gen is really the first next gen of PC powered consoles.

Your statement only addresses the ridiculously wild and incredibly stupid hyperbolic assertion of Playstation owners who though their console had "magic" hardware with "hidden powa". I find it amazing that people actually believe that. They even believed the disk drive was the magic bullet, LMFAO!

Stop trying to use over utilized and played out buzzwords.. it really doesn't help you look as though you know what you're talking about. You really think that I haven't heard and seen everything there is to see and hear throughout the years. I've dealt with blowhards like you the past 3 generations, so keep blowing smoke. No one gives a shit if you play on a PC or a pre-used sybian.

Also, I'm not real sure what me owning a PlayStation has anything to do with this, I own a Xbox One X, Switch, PC, phone, and tablet as well, not to mention a Shield, and my Stadia should be arriving any day, hell, I still mess with the Ouya from time to time. Should I mention my other consoles and handhelds?

No one other than you said anything about magic or hidden power. The true musings of a butthurt fanboy scrambling and looking for someone to blame to justify the face that consoles will be a lot more on par with much more expensive PC's next generation I do love how idiots have been painting me into a corner recently though. It really is good for a laugh.

What is it that you think next generation will decide anyway? Which is superior? lol... play what you want, and everybody else will do the same. Stop trying to flatter yourself by thinking you and others who primarily play on PC know some secret nobody else knows. It isn't because those that don't prefer it can't afford it or are too dumb to put the lego pieces together... we just don't care, it's too much of a hastle, and we prefer to play with controllers. No jumping through hoops for chat, no hackers (well a lot less), don't have to worry about people messing with settings for unfair advantages, everyone is on similar hardware (one of two at least), controller only rooms, and I can sit on my couch and just chill.

Now you need to get back to hacking, running mods, and cheating. Chop chop master basement dweller.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

@WitIsWisdom: I disagree with allot of what you are saying, you sound very biased towards consoles. I don't find PC gaming to be a hassle at all and I think that is a subjective opinion at best, I think noways it is almost the same simplicity as console as far as playing games goes, you just install a client, download and install a game and open and play and 99% of the time the game just opens plays and works, update drivers every once and awhile really quick and simple and many times optional. The point about controllers is silly since you can use controllers on a PC for pretty much every game. I do think/know allot of console only gamers don't know things that PC Gamers do about PC gaming as many of them believe a lot of the PC gaming myths I see around here. While I am sure some do know the truth of PC gaming and still choose to play on console to pretend that a large number don't is lying. Your other points have some truth to them but are heavy exaggerated and not that hard to do as far as the chatting goes. Then there are the countless advantages of PC gaming such as better control options, ability to adjust and choice visual settings and frame-rates, the ability to go far beyond console performance and visuals, better Mod support, much better backwards comparability and much more, I could go on and on. Yes I realize some of these advantages are also personal preference but I at least acknowledged that, were as you just claim things you think as fact when they are your opinion and some of what you said are just pure lies or highly exaggerated. I wish you would not spread lies like you did in that post. If you try to argue with my points it won't matter as I know what you said is pure lies, and nothing you say can change that fact that I know. Please don't even bother trying as I won't respond to lies and won't matter to me.