Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1273 Posts

@locopatho said:
@pclover1980 said:

Welp, dead set on what he thinks. Oh, well. 🤷🤷

Having played PC games since 1995 and STILL encountering problems that consoles simply never present, yes. I work as a software engineer and can (eventually) solve most any PC bullshit. I just don't deny that it happens, unlike the insecure 'lil "PC is perfect!" fanboys ;)

Nobody is saying PC is perfect. If they do, they're trolling or a fanboy, but welcome to System Wars. But you're conflating issues that's not a platform problem lol.

Well, whatever. Think what you will.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56282 Posts

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: And yet how many games that were released this year that you allegedly bought? 1 in RE4 Remake (but that's debatable,) where I have bought at least 6 games that released this year. And have bought a ton of retro games. That's what we call having a steady income.

Even the mods call you a fake boy for a reason 🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#153 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39434 Posts

@davillain said:
@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: And yet how many games that were released this year that you allegedly bought? 1 in RE4 Remake (but that's debatable,) where I have bought at least 6 games that released this year. And have bought a ton of retro games. That's what we call having a steady income.

Stop siding with him. Its incredibly frustrating.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56282 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@davillain said:
@last_lap said:

Stop siding with him. Its incredibly frustrating.

Na. I like this new guy here on Gamespot. He tells it like it is👏

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#155 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17850 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

wow bassman might very well be the biggest troll on sw. Jesus Christ.

Nope. I just call out bullshit and push for quality, but....

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

The "War" is not even real and most people in SW know this. It is just something fun to do for most people involved. The whole "my piece of plastic is better than yours has always been silly. And most people on SW now are more than old enough to afford them all should they choose so does it really even matter? I would argue not at all for the most part.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#157 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@latech84: Oh yeah for sure. $1000 and $2000 consoles would flop horrendously. Which I think is a shame.

Crimson_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Crimson_V
Member since 2014 • 166 Posts
@locopatho said:
@BassMan said:

yup, consoles just work.

For playing games together, yes.

All machines can break, this isn't news to anyone.

Consoles are simply more easy and reliable and always have been, fact. (albeit worse in recent years due to gross PC influnence)

To the enlightened PC gamer, this isn't even controversial btw.

Every decent PC gamer admits there's a bunch of bullshit to put up with, in return for the (eventual) highest performance.

Do you not remember the 7th gen recall, or for example the launch PS4 7-10% failure rate after 4 years, or if you want to go back in time you have the later atari consoles (5200, 7800, jaguar), what kind of rock have you been living under the past decades to think that consoles are more reliable?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8501 Posts

@st_monica said:

@pc_rocks:

Well, I have read your replies and felt no need to repeat my points, as most of yours are repetitions of the same thing or distractions from the topic. But just a few points.

First of all, are you cool with the PC Gamer article now? Because I provided some quotes earlier, whereas this time you have refuted nothing.

You also failed to provide any evidence to back up your original claim regarding the Newzoo graph. I also see no problem with including PSPlus and Nintendo Online in the console gaming segment when comparing market size/consumer spending. This is in the same way that Game Pass for PC and other third-party subscription services for PC games should be included in the PC gaming segment.

Anyway, I feel like we have been at this for too long. I'm too busy playing TotK, which is too much fun, so I'll end here by agreeing to disagree, as usual.

I rejected the PC gamer article and their conclusions in its entirety. Why should I keep repeating my self against your and PC Gamer's strawman of semi-custom == just consoles.

None of the quotes you provided said anything close to what you and PC gamer claimed. None from AMD themselves.

As I said go right ahead and add it to the NewZoo graph all you want but we both know (anecdotal as I don't have actual sources) PC GamePass share is negligible and Steam is where even most MS games are played. Feel free to provide other subscription services revenue as well for PC but pretty sure it's also a negligible portion because we haven't seen the same item specifically called out in any major company's earnings report. On the other hand PSN, Live and Nintendo Online has a significant share in each of the company's earnings and a big reason for their profits.

The point is very simple. PC gaming will survive without consoles but consoles will cease to exist without PC gaming.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#160 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@pc_rocks:

Very debatable, that last statement. From what I've seen: pc pretty much picks up the scraps from bigger AAA devs like Microsoft, Santa Monica and Naughty Dog. Most pc gamers (who exclusively game on pc) haven't even been able to play the rest of the Halo trilogy until just recently. And that encouraged some programmers to develop small scale projects like Installation 01 or Halo Online to make up for that. Desperation is the mother of invention, as they say. And well, almost nothing BIG lands on the pc platform exclusively -- it lands on a console because THAT'S where the money is. And while you can now buy console games like Uncharted and whatnot, the pc platform is still the last to receive it.

So would pc gaming survive without consoles? Probably. But everything in terms of the scale of projects would get smaller and it would be mostly comprised of indie developers with some leftover devs like Capcom to pick up what's left. Gaming would be a smaller market since the biggest draw from consoles was the ability to plug-and-play for the common technologically challenged folks. Not everyone is willing to pay thousands of bucks at a time just to game on the most powerful pc hardware and that's why the console market will never go away. The gaming industry NEEDS consoles maybe not survive but to THRIVE.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By PC_Rocks
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@pc_rocks:

Very debatable, that last statement. From what I've seen: pc pretty much picks up the scraps from bigger AAA devs like Microsoft, Santa Monica and Naughty Dog. Most pc gamers (who exclusively game on pc) haven't even been able to play the rest of the Halo trilogy until just recently. And that encouraged some programmers to develop small scale projects like Installation 01 or Halo Online to make up for that. Desperation is the mother of invention, as they say. And well, almost nothing BIG lands on the pc platform exclusively -- it lands on a console because THAT'S where the money is. And while you can now buy console games like Uncharted and whatnot, the pc platform is still the last to receive it.

So would pc gaming survive without consoles? Probably. But everything in terms of the scale of projects would get smaller and it would be mostly comprised of indie developers with some leftover devs like Capcom to pick up what's left. Gaming would be a smaller market since the biggest draw from consoles was the ability to plug-and-play for the common technologically challenged folks. Not everyone is willing to pay thousands of bucks at a time just to game on the most powerful pc hardware and that's why the console market will never go away. The gaming industry NEEDS consoles maybe not survive but to THRIVE.

There's nothing debatable about it. Consoles will cease to exist without PC gaming.

As for Halo, well, nobody cares about a consolized Doom, if anything it dumbed down the genre. There are and were far better FPS on PC and far better TPS on PC than UC. Never played it and have no interest in playing it. Funny the biggest console game that Sony is crying about all over the world started on PC.

And even in this day and age PC has more exclusives than consoles without anyone paying for said exclusivity and the largest amount of dev support. Cute you're somehow trying to downplay PC by calling it receives Uncharteds late. Ever wonder why those previous exclusives started appearing on PCs? Yeah, contrary to your point that how important the PC market is.

BR, another genre that saw its birth on PC, became successful and then found its way to consoles. VR, again started on PC and picked up steam over there after the failed Virtual Boy.

As for the scale, you mean ballooning AAA budgets. Would be a good thing if that were to die. Have no interest in celebrity likeness or voice acting for cutscenes with cookie cutter run of the mill barely serviceable gameplay. Might be exactly what gaming needs to encourage more innovation and risk taking. I already spend most time with indies and old games than your typical console AAA.

Oh and don't know what plug and play consoles are you talking about. Pretty sure those aren't PS5/Xbox. How many day 1 patches and does a typical console game sees again? Quit using the 90s talking points to try to downplay PC.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 nepu7supastar7

@pc_rocks:

All of these so-called "pc exclusives" are games console gamers don't even care about, ergo your disinterest in games like Uncharted. These are very different platforms targeting different audiences. Pc gamers typically don't play the games consoles would normally make exclusive so either way, one doesn't affect the other. lol

Without consoles, that would be a GIANT chunk of the gaming community gone and a big deal of revenue gone from many AAA devs. It's fine if *you* don't care about AAA, the rest of us *do* and that's a pretty big margin. I for one would hate a world ruled by tiny indie devs. The quality of games would be too terrible and would reduce the gaming community into a mostly niche market. I don't want games to go back to that.

Also, that day one patch comment is literally nothing when games on ps5 and Switch let you play without them. No console alive updates as constantly as a pc so even then, they're still a hell of a lot more convenient.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 nepu7supastar7

@pc_rocks:

The demand for more Halo on pc was always there and that's how projects like Installation 01 and Halo Online started. There are obviously plenty of pc gamers who do care about Halo or none of these would've happened. It currently has a sizeable mod support community too.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By BassMan

@nepu7supastar7: Gaming does not revolve around exclusives. There were plenty of great FPS games on PC when we didn't have all the Halo games. Saying PC doesn't have big exclusives is ridiculous. Apparently games like World of Warcraft, League of Legends, and Valorant are not big at all. Also, console gamers don't care about PC exclusives? So, console gamers don't care about Minecraft, GTA, Doom, Elder Scrolls, Call of Duty, Far Cry, Battlefield, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, The Sims, Diablo, The Witcher, etc? They were all PC exclusives. Don't be an ignorant fool.

Also, don't underestimate the money in PC gaming....

https://www.pcgamer.com/activision-is-making-more-money-on-pc-than-consoles-for-the-first-time-and-the-gap-is-widening/

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By PC_Rocks
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@pc_rocks:

Also, that day one patch comment is literally nothing when games on ps5 and Switch let you play without them. No console alive updates as constantly as a pc so even then, they're still a hell of a lot more convenient.

Oh really? What was that game that shipped on physical media without any content and you have to download everything? Or what about the bugs in games like Returnal? Or the extremely low resolution, FPS and stutters, broken HDR on PS5 in Jedi Survivor?

Yeah, so much plug and play. The only difference is PC gamers care about quality and complains when they see sh*t. Console gamers just take it dry or don't even notice due to the low standards. Talk about calling indies cheap when you don't know what standards are.

As for Halo. Well duh...PC is an extremely big market so naturally you will find someone interested in something, doesn't negate the general majority likeness. Remember how games like GoW, UC on PC etc didn't set the world on fire as they did on consoles? Halo is a big nothing burger on PC.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4259 Posts

I don’t play console games anymore. But the truth is I admire my past self when I used to constantly play the n64/ps2. Those were very good days for me.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 hardwenzen  Online

@outworld222 said:

I don’t play console games anymore. But the truth is I admire my past self when I used to constantly play the n64/ps2. Those were very good days for me.

Wait what? How can you separate yourself from Nintendo?

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 outworld222

@hardwenzen: I don’t. My brother brought home a ps2 one day and I got hooked on it. I had high hopes for future ps consoles but it never really materialized sadly.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 hardwenzen  Online

@outworld222 said:

@hardwenzen: I don’t. My brother brought home a ps2 one day and I got hooked on it. I had high hopes for future ps consoles but it never really materialized sadly.

Do you own a Switch? Are you getting a Switch 2? I need to know.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 outworld222

@hardwenzen: no and no. I don’t believe in the hybrid model.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 hardwenzen  Online

@outworld222 said:

@hardwenzen: no and no. I don’t believe in the hybrid model.

What the hell. I recall you being a vintage SW sheep.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 outworld222

@hardwenzen: I only play Nintendo consoles. And some pc gaming.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 hardwenzen  Online

@outworld222 said:

@hardwenzen: I only play Nintendo consoles. And some pc gaming.

And that is why i don't understand how you skipped on the Switch completely, hybrid or not.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@pc_rocks:

Halo is an example of pc gamers starving for more console games to come to the platform. There was even a group trying to create their own version of Little Big Planet because Sony refuses to port it to the pc. Sony struck down the project though. There are plenty of fan projects like that swimming around online. Calling them and the amount of support they get from the communities nothing is just plain ignorance.

And believe it or not, you can play games on ps and switch without updating patches. Whether or not they're broken upon release depends on the developer, that's not a console issue.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@BassMan:

Those games that started on pc are from a long time ago. The industry has changed a lot since then and most of the devs release those games on console first THEN pc. GTA V is a good example of that. World of Warcraft and League of Legends would play like ass on console so there's not much to be jealous of there.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1408 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@pc_rocks:

There's nothing debatable about it. Consoles will cease to exist without PC gaming.

As for Halo, well, nobody cares about a consolized Doom, if anything it dumbed down the genre. There are and were far better FPS on PC and far better TPS on PC than UC. Never played it and have no interest in playing it. Funny the biggest console game that Sony is crying about all over the world started on PC.

And even in this day and age PC has more exclusives than consoles without anyone paying for said exclusivity and the largest amount of dev support. Cute you're somehow trying to downplay PC by calling it receives Uncharteds late. Ever wonder why those previous exclusives started appearing on PCs? Yeah, contrary to your point that how important the PC market is.

BR, another genre that saw its birth on PC, became successful and then found its way to consoles. VR, again started on PC and picked up steam over there after the failed Virtual Boy.

As for the scale, you mean ballooning AAA budgets. Would be a good thing if that were to die. Have no interest in celebrity likeness or voice acting for cutscenes with cookie cutter run of the mill barely serviceable gameplay. Might be exactly what gaming needs to encourage more innovation and risk taking. I already spend most time with indies and old games than your typical console AAA.

Oh and don't know what plug and play consoles are you talking about. Pretty sure those aren't PS5/Xbox. How many day 1 patches and does a typical console game sees again? Quit using the 90s talking points to try to downplay PC.

What a load of BS by a sour PC manbaby.

Consoles will cease to exist without PC gaming.

Consoles have proven to economically elevate the medium, PC has failed at that miserably... in the 80s... in the 90s... in the mid 2000s. How nonsensical it is to make this claim? Nintendo would cease to exist, even though PC/piracy is rather detrimental to their profits? How much more asinine can you get?

As for the scale, you mean ballooning AAA budgets. Would be a good thing if that were to die. Have no interest in celebrity likeness or voice acting for cutscenes with cookie cutter run of the mill barely serviceable gameplay.

Why? The trash you think is the holy grail of videogaming is released in the dozens every day. 11k of garbage annualy and you still think this isn't enough? It is hilariously paradoxical, complaining and whining about a minuscule percentage of a minuscule percentage. Meanwhile PC gets flodded with indie trash, f2p trash, clones of mediocre clones, early access failure over failure... scams over scams... one ballooning AAA~ sucking up half a billion, over a decade in development but faaar faaar from being finished...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

... yet here you are "console gamers should up their standards". What a joke.

Hey, i mentioned World of Wonders 4 earlier in this thread. A reoccuring bug keeps me from plying the game. Oh joy, another one of those. Well, guess i continue playing GoW:R. I'm pretty sure that game won't waste my time with bugs and crashes.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#177 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70026 Posts

The moronic and demonstrably false claim that consoles would not exist if not for PC gaming is still being repeated? 😂 Fanboys really love making shit up when they are desperate.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By BassMan
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@BassMan:

Those games that started on pc are from a long time ago. The industry has changed a lot since then and most of the devs release those games on console first THEN pc. GTA V is a good example of that. World of Warcraft and League of Legends would play like ass on console so there's not much to be jealous of there.

The point is these game franchises started on PC and have also found success on console. So, clearly console gamers care about PC exclusives or they wouldn't have made them multi-plats. Games are games. It doesn't matter if it is exclusive or not. What matters is the quality.

Your claim of the mentioned games releasing first on console is straight up bullshit. You used GTA V as the example because it is the outlier... and I don't want to get into Rockstar's milking shenanigans. That shit pisses me off.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By PC_Rocks
@palasta said:
@pc_rocks said:
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@pc_rocks:

What a load of BS by a sour PC manbaby.

Consoles will cease to exist without PC gaming.

Consoles have proven to economically elevate the medium, PC has failed at that miserably... in the 80s... in the 90s... in the mid 2000s. How nonsensical it is to make this claim? Nintendo would cease to exist, even though PC/piracy is rather detrimental to their profits? How much more asinine can you get?

As for the scale, you mean ballooning AAA budgets. Would be a good thing if that were to die. Have no interest in celebrity likeness or voice acting for cutscenes with cookie cutter run of the mill barely serviceable gameplay.

Why? The trash you think is the holy grail of videogaming is released in the dozens every day. 11k of garbage annualy and you still think this isn't enough? It is hilariously paradoxical, complaining and whining about a minuscule percentage of a minuscule percentage. Meanwhile PC gets flodded with indie trash, f2p trash, clones of mediocre clones, early access failure over failure... scams over scams... one ballooning AAA~ sucking up half a billion, over a decade in development but faaar faaar from being finished...

... yet here you are "console gamers should up their standards". What a joke.

Hey, i mentioned World of Wonders 4 earlier in this thread. A reoccuring bug keeps me from plying the game. Oh joy, another one of those. Well, guess i continue playing GoW:R. I'm pretty sure that game won't waste my time with bugs and crashes.

ANother b*tthurt, ignorant consolite jumps in, ignoring the entire thread full of proof and sources to reiterate his fantasies. Not just that but can't even explain or argue his position so jumps to irrelevant youtube videos by nobodies to reinforce his false beliefs in a constant circle jerk.

So, yeah get even more b*tthurt with the fact that consoles themselves will cease to exist without PC gaming, let alone console games.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#180 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

@pc_rocks: Needless to say that without Pc hardware market the current consoles wouldn't exist as they are now.... And you wouldn't have the quality of backwards compatibility from the previous generation neither because of hardware standardization that started to take place in consoles after the Xbox360 and PS3.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By PC_Rocks

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@pc_rocks:

Halo is an example of pc gamers starving for more console games to come to the platform. There was even a group trying to create their own version of Little Big Planet because Sony refuses to port it to the pc. Sony struck down the project though. There are plenty of fan projects like that swimming around online. Calling them and the amount of support they get from the communities nothing is just plain ignorance.

And believe it or not, you can play games on ps and switch without updating patches. Whether or not they're broken upon release depends on the developer, that's not a console issue.

Nice anecdotal. Let's see the actual statistics about PC gamers starving for console games. Go ahead, give us the sources.

Oh and since we are ignoring the practical terms, like consoles, you don't have to update games or drivers on PC either. You can play the games without. Whether they are broken upon release depends on the developer, that's not a PC issue. So what was your point again?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 nepu7supastar7

@pc_rocks:

*Consoles are still plug and play and don't require as many updates as pc.

*Pc gamers have created fan projects in the past BECAUSE they hadn't had the privilege of a proper port of certain console games as I've mentioned. Naturally it is impossible to get a statistics of how many people are starving for what since this is based on the existence of online communities.

You can downplay all you want, there's no running from the truth.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@BassMan:

It's not bs when you think about it. Pc ports of console games have been treated like 2nd class citizens like Last of Us Part One and Final Fantasy VII Remake. Releasing anything on pc that was already on console is pretty much just an after thought. A little bit of extra money and even then, pc gamers don't really care that much about those games either. Both platforms have very different demographics so I don't really see your point here.

As of now, there is literally nothing exclusive on pc that I'd want on console. You can bring up games from ages ago but a lot has changed since then that it's not really worth mentioning anymore -- unless you like history lessons.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1273 Posts

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@BassMan:

It's not bs when you think about it. Pc ports of console games have been treated like 2nd class citizens like Last of Us Part One and Final Fantasy VII Remake. Releasing anything on pc that was already on console is pretty much just an after thought. A little bit of extra money and even then, pc gamers don't really care that much about those games either. Both platforms have very different demographics so I don't really see your point here.

As of now, there is literally nothing exclusive on pc that I'd want on console. You can bring up games from ages ago but a lot has changed since then that it's not really worth mentioning anymore -- unless you like history lessons.

You wish this was the case, but we have games like GOW, Spider Man, Returnal, and 90% of other games that perform really well on PC, so nice try.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 BassMan

@pclover1980 said:
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@BassMan:

You wish this was the case, but we have games like GOW, Spider Man, Returnal, and 90% of other games that perform really well on PC, so nice try.

Definitely, but this person will try and twist things and spin their own narrative using outliers as examples. Pretty lame.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Pedro  Online
Loading Video...

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#188  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

I don't get why there's more performance problems on Xbox. I get developers saying the PS5 is easy to develop for and that's fine, but the Xbox isn't exactly the Sega Saturn or PS3 in complexity, in comparison to their generational counter parts.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Pedro  Online

@HalcyonScarlet said:

I don't get why there's more performance problems on Xbox. I get developers saying the PS5 is easy to develop for and that's fine, but the Xbox isn't exactly the Sega Saturn or PS3 in complexity, in comparison to their generational counter parts.

Low priority system.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#190 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59203 Posts

Gamers have no standards. They've known full well for years now they are getting played and don't care.

Trash. Rooting for EA from now on. Milk them bozos.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 PC_Rocks

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@pc_rocks:

*Consoles are still plug and play and don't require as many updates as pc.

*Pc gamers have created fan projects in the past BECAUSE they hadn't had the privilege of a proper port of certain console games as I've mentioned. Naturally it is impossible to get a statistics of how many people are starving for what since this is based on the existence of online communities.

You can downplay all you want, there's no running from the truth.

It's good you put asterisks. That's some progress but you should also put a footnotes explaining these '*'.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1408 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

ANother b*tthurt, ignorant consolite jumps in, ignoring the entire thread full of proof and sources to reiterate his fantasies. Not just that but can't even explain or argue his position so jumps to irrelevant youtube videos by nobodies to reinforce his false beliefs in a constant circle jerk.

So, yeah get even more b*tthurt with the fact that consoles themselves will cease to exist without PC gaming, let alone console games.

What's a consolite? Oh, right, somebody can't cope with the reality that anyone gaming primarily on the same gaming platform as him is mature enough to acknowledge its undeniable overwhelming and disruptive downsides. Besides...

ATARI MICROSOFT VALVE

SEGA NINTENDO SONY

Notice anything? I'm one of the few that doesn't go by system, but by company and culture.

What is your "culture"?

The diversion of libidinal energy toward the consumption of consumer products, Stiegler argues, results in an addictive cycle, leading to hyperconsumption, the exhaustion of desire, and the reign of symbolic misery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_capitalism

Sounds familar?

SALE SALE SALE BUY BUY BUY SALE SALE SALE BUY BUY BUY SALE SALE SALE!

The american doofus capitalist consumer, that is your culture.

Your "proof and sources" is incoherent fanboy drivel. This stupid take says it all:

The last time console manufacturer tried to invest in a proprietary chip it nearly bankrupted the division and the company in general with worse performance. Imagine being so stupid to think that consoles provide a higher revenue stream to companies like AMD/Intel/Nvidia than PC.

First of all, Blu Ray. If i need to add anything, than we know how clueless you truly are.

Without PC... no Microsoft; no Microsoft, No Xbox; no piracy gutting AAA and AA, no Valve, no early access cancer, no rampant amateur development gutting AAA and AA, no f2p cancer. Why are 8gen consoles so weak? Right, because the previous gen didn't meet expectation, in Sonys case that is. For Microsoft it was the price of the wrench they've thrown. Without PC insisting to intrude into console space, the PS3 would've been a similar success as the PS2. More importantly, 8th gen playstation would come with hardware a lot more potent, heavily subsidized no doubt. Mhyes, could've been glorious... alas PC was in the way.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#193 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3459 Posts

Man if it wasn't for the evil PCs and filthy capitalists we would have flying consoles by now. Thanks Bill Gates!

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 PC_Rocks

@palasta said:

What's a consolite? Oh, right, somebody can't cope with the reality that anyone gaming primarily on the same gaming platform as him is mature enough to acknowledge its undeniable overwhelming and disruptive downsides. Besides...

ATARI MICROSOFT VALVE

SEGA NINTENDO SONY

Notice anything? I'm one of the few that doesn't go by system, but by company and culture.

What is your "culture"?

The diversion of libidinal energy toward the consumption of consumer products, Stiegler argues, results in an addictive cycle, leading to hyperconsumption, the exhaustion of desire, and the reign of symbolic misery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_capitalism

Sounds familar?

SALE SALE SALE BUY BUY BUY SALE SALE SALE BUY BUY BUY SALE SALE SALE!

The american doofus capitalist consumer, that is your culture.

Your "proof and sources" is incoherent fanboy drivel. This stupid take says it all:

The last time console manufacturer tried to invest in a proprietary chip it nearly bankrupted the division and the company in general with worse performance. Imagine being so stupid to think that consoles provide a higher revenue stream to companies like AMD/Intel/Nvidia than PC.

First of all, Blu Ray. If i need to add anything, than we know how clueless you truly are.

Without PC... no Microsoft; no Microsoft, No Xbox; no piracy gutting AAA and AA, no Valve, no early access cancer, no rampant amateur development gutting AAA and AA, no f2p cancer. Why are 8gen consoles so weak? Right, because the previous gen didn't meet expectation, in Sonys case that is. For Microsoft it was the price of the wrench they've thrown. Without PC insisting to intrude into console space, the PS3 would've been a similar success as the PS2. More importantly, 8th gen playstation would come with hardware a lot more potent, heavily subsidized no doubt. Mhyes, could've been glorious... alas PC was in the way.

It's the fault of the PCs that consoles are sh*t. Without them consoles would be so much better and so much more powerful. The consoles would have cured cancer if it were not for filthy PC gamers. That's right you heard it here first folks.