CONFIRMED! - Thief 4 being developed by Eidos-Montreal!

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts

I loved all of them, so this hopefully turns out good. Even thogh Thief 3 was supposedly gimped because of the XBOX, it was a lot of fun.

Edit: Apparently, everyone thinks that it being on PC, 360 and PS3 only is no loss to Sheep. Is it me but only 360 people dont have high-end gaming PCs...

http://kotaku.com/5248907/thief-4-its-official

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I loved all of them, so this hopefully turns out good. Even thogh Thief 3 was supposedly gimped because of the XBOX, it was a lot of fun.

Sorry Sheep:P

FirstDiscovery

Why should sheep be sorry for a game that is in very early development? And a sequel of a game you say was gimped?

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FirstDiscovery

[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]

jimkabrhel

Why should sheep be sorry for a game that is in very early development? And a sequel of a game you say was gimped?

Because this is more proof that developers are leaving HD consoles and games are only coming out for them because they have been in development for so long...
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
You misspelled thiaf there.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FirstDiscovery
You misspelled thiaf there.InsaneBasura
Err really? Where?
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Didn't Teuf told you to stop making threads like this?
Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts
Thief 3 was great so depending on what this comes out on I'll definitely check it out. Also your ragging on the Wii needs a break.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]

FirstDiscovery

Because this is more proof that developers are leaving HD consoles and games are only coming out for them because they have been in development for so long...

how is this proof devs are giving up on HD consoles,yeah i can really see devs giving up on the 360 and the ps3 even though they are making a mint, secondly i read the link, where was the 'exclusive' part mentioned.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FirstDiscovery
Didn't Teuf told you to stop making threads like this?IronBass
Again, what is it that im doing is so wrong:? This is system wars, im just saying the Gamer systems are better than the Wii.
byrofish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 byrofish
Member since 2006 • 263 Posts

[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"]You misspelled thiaf there.FirstDiscovery
Err really? Where?

Look at the logo. It's not Thief 4, it's THI4F.:roll:

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FirstDiscovery

[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"][QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

delta3074

how is this proof devs are giving up on HD consoles,yeah i can really see devs giving up on the 360 and the ps3 even though they are making a mint, secondly i read the link, where was the 'exclusive' part mentioned.

Because its on the core gamer consoles, therefore its exclusive to gamers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-63f6895020e66

[QUOTE="IronBass"]Didn't Teuf told you to stop making threads like this?FirstDiscovery
Again, what is it that im doing is so wrong:? This is system wars, im just saying the Gamer systems are better than the Wii.

A moderator told you to stop making threads like this.

If you have aquestion, go to Ask The Mods.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]Because this is more proof that developers are leaving HD consoles and games are only coming out for them because they have been in development for so long...FirstDiscovery

Is that why it was on the PS or GC last gen?
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]Because this is more proof that developers are leaving HD consoles and games are only coming out for them because they have been in development for so long...FirstDiscovery

Why isnt a wii owner a gamer, I own a wii. Does that make me not a "Gamer" ? Please explain
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

the core gamer consoles, i assume you mean ps3 and 360, ARE HD CONSOLES, so tell me again why devs are leaving HD consoles, and wii owners ARE gamers, they play games on a console don't they,oh please,just quit!
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

FirstDiscovery

Your logic is like an impenetrable inflatable fortress.
Look at the logo. It's not Thief 4, it's THI4F.:roll:byrofish

Kane 2 Lynch

Deus 3x

5hitman

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
Because its on the core gamer consoles, therefore its exclusive to gamers.FirstDiscovery
Exclusive to gamers?:? You make no sense, sorry. And what's with the Wii hate? you used to be a better poster.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FirstDiscovery

[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"][QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

delta3074

Nope its just that thats been what Sheep have been screaming for nearly 3 years now and it isnt happening. Well its happened in Japan and soon to happen here as casual gaming takes over, but for another 2 years, id say hardcore gaming is safe.

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
meh.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FirstDiscovery
[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]Because its on the core gamer consoles, therefore its exclusive to gamers.killerfist
Exclusive to gamers?:? You make no sense, sorry. And what's with the Wii hate? you used to be a better poster.

I own a PS3/360/PC, some other older consoles and now play mostly older games. The Wii has made sure that gaming these days can only be a few genres hence im resorting to older games. You know when the PSone and PS2 were popular games of ALL types used to sell Heck, games used to actually sell!
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FirstDiscovery
[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]how is this proof devs are giving up on HD consoles,yeah i can really see devs giving up on the 360 and the ps3 even though they are making a mint, secondly i read the link, where was the 'exclusive' part mentioned.carlisledavid79

Why isnt a wii owner a gamer, I own a wii. Does that make me not a "Gamer" ? Please explain

Because the PSone/PS2 had a makeup of Core, Mass Market and Casual. All the Casuals have gone to the Wii, and the Mass Market gamer has not only gone that route but have watered themselves back down to casual. The Psone/PS2 had all sorts of titles so people could 'graduate' but thats not going to happen this gen as the Wii is primarily casual
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FirstDiscovery
[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]Because its on the core gamer consoles, therefore its exclusive to gamers.killerfist

Im a manticore, that means being honest:)
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FirstDiscovery

[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]Because its on the core gamer consoles, therefore its exclusive to gamers.

InsaneBasura

Your logic is like an impenetrable inflatable fortress.
Look at the logo. It's not Thief 4, it's THI4F.:roll:byrofish

Kane 2 Lynch

Deus 3x

5hitman

I lold, those are all Eidos games too:P

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FirstDiscovery

[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"][QUOTE="IronBass"]Didn't Teuf told you to stop making threads like this?IronBass

A moderator told you to stop making threads like this.

If you have aquestion, go to Ask The Mods.

Again, i think you are a very good poster, you always keep your calm and try to be balanced, but you fail to explain what im doing wrong:?
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

5hitman

InsaneBasura

****man :lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

My hype is low.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 killerfist
[QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]Because its on the core gamer consoles, therefore its exclusive to gamers.FirstDiscovery

I own a PS3/360/PC, some other older consoles and now play mostly older games. The Wii has made sure that gaming these days can only be a few genres hence im resorting to older games. You know when the PSone and PS2 were popular games of ALL types used to sell Heck, games used to actually sell!

I don't think I understand.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Again, i think you are a very good poster, you always keep your calm and try to be balanced, but you fail to explain what im doing wrong:?FirstDiscovery
I don't need to explain anything. A moderator told you to stop making threads like this. There's nothing in that sentence tha needs explanation.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FirstDiscovery
[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]Again, i think you are a very good poster, you always keep your calm and try to be balanced, but you fail to explain what im doing wrong:?IronBass
I don't need to explain anything. A moderator told you to stop making threads like this. There's nothing in that sentence tha needs explanation.

A mod also banned me for saying PC has full BC (with older PC games that is):?
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 carlisledavid79

[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"][QUOTE="killerfist"] Exclusive to gamers?:? You make no sense, sorry. And what's with the Wii hate? you used to be a better poster. killerfist

I don't think I understand.

Same here, forgive me if im missing the point, but games still are selling.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HarlockJC

I own a PS3/360/PC, some other older consoles and now play mostly older games. The Wii has made sure that gaming these days can only be a few genres hence im resorting to older games. You know when the PSone and PS2 were popular games of ALL types used to sell Heck, games used to actually sell!FirstDiscovery

What? Your not making any sense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

[QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]Because its on the core gamer consoles, therefore its exclusive to gamers.FirstDiscovery

Wait...let me get this straight.

It's the Wii's fault the 360/PS3/PC has no games? wut? :?

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FirstDiscovery

[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"][QUOTE="killerfist"] Exclusive to gamers?:? You make no sense, sorry. And what's with the Wii hate? you used to be a better poster. Aljosa23

Its the Wiis fault that so many genres are dead, didnt happen in the PSone and PS2 days...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Its the Wiis fault that so many genres are dead, didnt happen in the PSone and PS2 days...FirstDiscovery
Please elaborate, because I see tons of games on this list.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 killerfist
[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]I own a PS3/360/PC, some other older consoles and now play mostly older games. The Wii has made sure that gaming these days can only be a few genres hence im resorting to older games. You know when the PSone and PS2 were popular games of ALL types used to sell Heck, games used to actually sell!FirstDiscovery

Its the Wiis fault that so many genres are dead, didnt happen in the PSone and PS2 days...

What genres are dead? Last time I checked pretty much all genres are still available. I don't follow, at all.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
That THE4F logo is so stupid :|
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HarlockJC

[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"][QUOTE="killerfist"] Exclusive to gamers?:? You make no sense, sorry. And what's with the Wii hate? you used to be a better poster. Aljosa23

lol....When you say it that way he is making fun of every gamer.

Still looking for the point in the thread

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]I own a PS3/360/PC, some other older consoles and now play mostly older games. The Wii has made sure that gaming these days can only be a few genres hence im resorting to older games. You know when the PSone and PS2 were popular games of ALL types used to sell Heck, games used to actually sell!FirstDiscovery

Oh god here we go again with the Wii is killing gaming BS. Seriously that is not true.

carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 carlisledavid79
[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

What genres are dead, and what genres dont sell anymore ? I'll wait for your list.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FirstDiscovery

[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]Wait...let me get this straight.

killerfist

What genres are dead? Last time I checked pretty much all genres are still available. I don't follow, at all.

Other than Shooters and Racing, every other genre is suffering. RTS is doing fine as it has always been a PC thing and it can survive well enough there. Everything else is on its way out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-63f6895020e66

[QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]Its the Wiis fault that so many genres are dead, didnt happen in the PSone and PS2 days...FirstDiscovery

Other than Shooters and Racing, every other genre is suffering. RTS is doing fine as it has always been a PC thing and it can survive well enough there. Everything else is on its way out.

I have proven you wrong in that regard countless times.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FirstDiscovery

[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]Wait...let me get this straight.

carlisledavid79

What genres are dead, and what genres dont sell anymore ? I'll wait for your list.

JRPGs 2D Fighters 3D Fighters Puzzle Games Adventure Platformer SHMUPs Unique games (a la Ico or Katamari) and the list goes on...

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HarlockJC

FirstDiscovery

Examples would help...There are great RPGs, Point and Clicks are making a come back because of the Wii and DS and there are a ton of adventure games.

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FirstDiscovery
[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]

[QUOTE="killerfist"] What genres are dead? Last time I checked pretty much all genres are still available. I don't follow, at all.IronBass

I have proven you wrong in that regard countless times.

And the games you mentioned all sold poorly
whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

Great news...... for the fans.

I never really like the "Thief" games personally.... but I might give it a go. My gaming preferences have changed since I last tried one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-63f6895020e66

[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]Its the Wiis fault that so many genres are dead, didnt happen in the PSone and PS2 days...FirstDiscovery

JRPGs 2D Fighters 3D Fighters Puzzle Games Adventure Platformer SHMUPs Unique games (a la Ico or Katamari) and the list goes on...

There have been TONS of games of those genres :?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

FirstDiscovery

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. A Wii-exclusive 2D Fighter. What is Will killing?

Tales of Graces. An exclusive Wii-JRPG. What is Wii killing?

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. A Wii exclusive Survival Horror. What is Wii killing?

You want me to keep going?

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FirstDiscovery
Exactly those games FAILED on HD consoles and are now being dumbed down for the Wii crowd And why arent we talking about Thief? Arent Sheep a little too defensive...
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FirstDiscovery
[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]

[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"] What genres are dead, and what genres dont sell anymore ? I'll wait for your list.IronBass

There have been TONS of games of those genres :?

Too bad all of them flopped Battle Fantasia sold less than 5k copies, KoF and Blaz Blue are going to fail:cry:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-63f6895020e66
And the games you mentioned all sold poorlyFirstDiscovery
They have sold enough to warrant sequels.