CODMW2 to feature Navy Seals 56k Warning

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12393 Posts

Yup, you heard it first here. CODMW2 will not include US Marines but instead the US Navy Seals aka the badest mofo's on the planet.

Me and my friend saw a pic of CODMW2 on IGN and he identified them as Navy Seals. My friend knows everything there is to know about the US army, even the type of ammo each division uses.

There pic below are from the Teaser Trailer

and the motherload

PS - thats not Sam Fisher but its a Navy Seal, the helicopter on the left is used by Navy Seals.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
That ign image is from CoD4.
muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
any spetsnaz in their? would be nice.
dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#4 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts
That ign image is from CoD4.AAllxxjjnn
Wow, this thread died quick. :lol:
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nonstop-Madness
any spetsnaz in their? would be nice.muscleserge
There is something about Russian.
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts

:lol: if your and your friend new "everything" about the US army you would also realize that the SEALs are apart of the Navy :|

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#7 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I think we'll see instead of SAS, Seals and the other army will be some army fighting the Russians in a large scale war.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#8 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
the other army will be some army fighting the Russians in a large scale war. Toriko42
Brazil, maybe.
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nonstop-Madness
:lol: if your and your friend new "everything" about the US army you would also know the SEALs are apart of the Navy :roll:Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Well, no duh. Most people actually think that the Marines are part of the army. The US use the Marines as there primary soldiers. Army, Navy,Air Force.
GrumpyWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GrumpyWalrus
Member since 2009 • 162 Posts

Well, no duh. Most people actually think that the Marines are part of the army. The US use the Marines as there primary soldiers. Army, Navy,Air Force.Nonstop-Madness

Oh no... I KNOW you did not just refer to Marines as "soldiers"? Seriously just stop right now. You need to educate yourself on the military, that is so amazingly insulting to The Corps. There is no "primary soldier". The Army 11b (infantry) and Marine Corps 0311 (Rifleman) both serve very important and similar roles. The Marines just have a more respected reputation. ;)

Army = Soldiers

Marine Corps = Marines

The Marine Corps belongs to the Department of the Navy.

Also I always found the Rangers and Recon to be more interesting than the frogmen.

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]I think we'll see instead of SAS, Seals and the other army will be some army fighting the Russians in a large scale war. Nonstop-Madness
They should keep out the SAS. The SAS is a joke. They made them look so cool in COD4 when there not. Heck, Britain uses the SAS as Swat.

SAS are a joke? Your ignorance is BLAZING here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogc_mtQ4G7I

I could provide dozens of stories/videos but I will let you educate yourself. You should really read up on the war in Afghanistan in particular.

thespywholied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thespywholied
Member since 2008 • 3358 Posts

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]I think we'll see instead of SAS, Seals and the other army will be some army fighting the Russians in a large scale war. Nonstop-Madness
They should keep out the SAS. The SAS is a joke. They made them look so cool in COD4 when there not. Heck, Britain uses the SAS as Swat.

do you live in the uk? do you know how long they have to train?

GrumpyWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GrumpyWalrus

[QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"][QUOTE="Toriko42"]I think we'll see instead of SAS, Seals and the other army will be some army fighting the Russians in a large scale war. thespywholied

do you live in the uk? do you know how long they have to train?

Much credibility was killed when he referenced the SAS as little more than a joke and a "SWAT" team.

The SAS and RM (Royal Marines) are some of the most highly trained and respected fighters in the world. They have passed the trial by fire many of times.

Check this out, dated March 26

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/defence/5054491/Taliban-lose-130-in-three-day-battle-with-Marines.html

130 Taliban dead, 200-300 wounded, a high value target dead, an area one considered a bastion of power for the Taliban compromised and crushed.

Casualties the British suffered? Two wounded.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#14 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
[QUOTE="Toriko42"]the other army will be some army fighting the Russians in a large scale war. Cherokee_Jack
Brazil, maybe.

I'd really like to see Brazil, Favelas and Amazon would be so cool and imagine a set piece battle at Christ and Redeemer where you have to take the mountain where he stands and once you reach the top a bombing raid happens and the Redeemer falls off the mountain. Epic setpiece
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#15 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts

:lol: if your and your friend new "everything" about the US army you would also realize that the SEALs are apart of the Navy :|

Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Maybe its because he is not his friend, so it could of been a TC mistake. All I know is that I hope Modern Warfare 2 lives up to the hype.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
That's pretty cool I guess. More Spetsnaz plz
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
What about Canadian snipers? I know that their mechs (tanks, Humvee, etc) and air support sucks, but they have some of the best trained infantries in the world, even better than the US.
swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#18 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

I want to play the Russians.

*goes back to playing STALKER*

GrumpyWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GrumpyWalrus

but they have some of the best trained infantries in the world, even better than the US.hiphops_savior

:lol:

No.

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#20 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

What about Canadian snipers? I know that their mechs (tanks, Humvee, etc) and air support sucks, but they have some of the best trained infantries in the world, even better than the US.hiphops_savior

Better trained, but it's like 4 people.

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts
What about Canadian snipers? I know that their mechs (tanks, Humvee, etc) and air support sucks, but they have some of the best trained infantries in the world, even better than the US.hiphops_savior
Alright...thats just not true.....
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nonstop-Madness
Navy Seals >>>>>>>>> SAS.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"]What about Canadian snipers? I know that their mechs (tanks, Humvee, etc) and air support sucks, but they have some of the best trained infantries in the world, even better than the US.lettuceman44

What makes you say that?
bethwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bethwo
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

Who cares about the SEALS or SAS!? Unless I get to play as a bad ass Russian Spetznaz member, I will be severly let down.

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nonstop-Madness

Who cares about the SEALS or SAS!? Unless I get to play as a bad ass Russian Spetznaz member, I will be severly let down.

bethwo
that would be badass  LOL
muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 muscleserge

bethwo
Yeah, these guys are a level beyond the seals and the SAS. Those guys are trained to climb walls with no gear, their training makes them do drills in wet cloths in siberia in the cold. It would be great, get some insight into their tactics.
GrumpyWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GrumpyWalrus

Navy Seals >>>>>>>>> SAS. Nonstop-Madness

And? Please do back up the statement.

I am American and have nothing but the utmost respect for all the branches in my nations armed forced (I am currently in the DEP for the Marine Corps). But Above comments such as yours are oh so tiring.

But in all fairness I will give you a chance to explain yourself, do tell me why the Navy Seals are "better" than the Special Air Service when it comes to unconventional warfare.

I expect a thoroughanalysis of the groups stated mission, training,tactics,operational history,recent conflict,etc.

In response I will prepare a rebuttal for what ever you come up with provided you can actually do it. Going by what you posted earlier in this thread and the mistakes you made that anyone with a basic knowledge of United States Military operations could see through, I will not hold my breath.

thespywholied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thespywholied
Member since 2008 • 3358 Posts

Navy Seals >>>>>>>>> SAS. Nonstop-Madness
ahh... ok? have you seen sas in action?

GrumpyWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GrumpyWalrus

[QUOTE="bethwo"]

muscleserge

Yeah, these guys are a level beyond the seals and the SAS. Those guys are trained to climb walls with no gear, their training makes them do drills in wet cloths in siberia in the cold. It would be great, get some insight into their tactics.

Yeah let me tell you, they better be hard core if they are serving in Russias armed forces. http://video.aol.com/video-detail/russian-soldiers-beating-like-dogs/1814729507

Using ancient faulty equipment, horrible pay, and on top of that the hazing you get in basic equates to what you would recieve during a street gang initiation. Not to mention the many military blunders they made we could go into during the Chechen campaign.

The Russian military is a mess.

EDIT: and before anyone goes into "TEH BEATING MAKES THEM TOUGH!!!11!"

"Second Amputee Victim Of Russian Army Hazing Discovere

The case of a second Russian army conscript beaten so badly he needed both legs amputated emerged today."

http://www.rferl.org/content/Article/1065380.html

There is absolutely nothing glorious about such behavior, it is still a very real problem in Russia and the people who practice such acts are criminals.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cherokee_Jack
[QUOTE="lettuceman44"][QUOTE="hiphops_savior"]What about Canadian snipers? I know that their mechs (tanks, Humvee, etc) and air support sucks, but they have some of the best trained infantries in the world, even better than the US.hiphops_savior

What makes you say that?

Because...it's just not.
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nonstop-Madness
The Navy Seals have more/better things at there disposal.
GrumpyWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GrumpyWalrus

The Navy Seals have more/better things at there disposal.Nonstop-Madness

Such as?

Let us start off with something simple, do you know the stated function of the Navy Seals and SAS?

I recomend once again you read up on the War in Afghanistan and the role the Australian/British/New Zeland SAS has played there. They have been very active over the years in that theatre.

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 muscleserge

[QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="bethwo"]

GrumpyWalrus

Yeah let me tell you, they better be hard core if they are serving in Russias armed forces. http://video.aol.com/video-detail/russian-soldiers-beating-like-dogs/1814729507

Using ancient faulty equipment, horrible pay, and on top of that the hazing you get in basic equates to what you would recieve during a street gang initiation. Not to mention the many military blunders they made we could go into during the Chechen campaign.

The case of a second Russian army conscript beaten so badly he needed both legs amputated emerged today."

There is absolutely nothing glorious about such behavior, it is still a very real problem in Russia and the people who practice such acts are criminals.

There is a long story behind how these rituals started, it has to do with the Soviet gov't putting convicts into the armed forces, and it usually gets harsher the furthur east you go. But it isn't as bad as many think. I know a lot of people who serve in the Russian army. Chechen Wars were back in the 90s- early 00s and Russia underwent a major regime change and inflation, Russian army in quite different today. Russian army is actually quite well equipted, especially recently when Russia got rich. The government is also fighting that problem buy instituting contract service. So far it worked very well. Contract soldiers are paid very well, and are very effective, contrary to conscripts who served in Chechnya. Look at the Georgian conflict, a US/Israel trained army got demolished by Russian forces, and the Georgians outnumbered the Russian somewhere 8:1 or 10:1.
DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts
That would be pretty cool. US Navy SEALS are pretty bad***. I wonder since this is no longer considered a CoD game, if they will have more than one viewpoint and playable character.
angry_fork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 angry_fork
Member since 2008 • 2184 Posts
roflmao @ the dude who said canadian snipers have better stuff then American. Please, america may suck at everything right now, but the one thing you can't diss is their military.
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

US Navy Seals aka the badest mofo's on the planet.Nonstop-Madness

Wrong! That would be the A-Team.

GrumpyWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GrumpyWalrus

[QUOTE="GrumpyWalrus"]

[QUOTE="muscleserge"] Yeah, these guys are a level beyond the seals and the SAS. Those guys are trained to climb walls with no gear, their training makes them do drills in wet cloths in siberia in the cold. It would be great, get some insight into their tactics.muscleserge

There is a long story behind how these rituals started, it has to do with the Soviet gov't putting convicts into the armed forces, and it usually gets harsher the furthur east you go. But it isn't as bad as many think. I know a lot of people who serve in the Russian army. Chechen Wars were back in the 90s- early 00s and Russia underwent a major regime change and inflation, Russian army in quite different today. Russian army is actually quite well equipted, especially recently when Russia got rich. The government is also fighting that problem buy instituting contract service. So far it worked very well. Contract soldiers are paid very well, and are very effective, contrary to conscripts who served in Chechnya. Look at the Georgian conflict, a US/Israel trained army got demolished by Russian forces, and the Georgians outnumbered the Russian somewhere 8:1 or 10:1.

It is getting better but it is still a very real issue. The Russian military is still a joke that would be decimated by Western forces. "President for life Putin" has a long way to go before they are taken seriously again.

As far as Georgia it was amazing they did as well as they did. Despite them having Western training it is not like a country such as Georgia stood any real chance against Russia. Despite its military being in shambles compared to Western standards it is still a force to be reckoned with. Saakashvili was also a shrew of a man who actually expected Western intervention into the conflict. Going from the sources I found on wiki (they all check out) The conflict numbers went something like:

Georgia:
9,000-16,000 Georgian soldiers
Unknown number of Georgian Police deployed in the conflict zone

Russia:
11,000 - Russian Soldiers
3,000 regulars and 15,000 reservists - South Ossetia
Potential of 45,000 -Abkhazia

Yeah... The fact 64 Russians were killed and 200+ wounded still surprise me.

sources are: 16,17,18,19,20,21,22

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_South_Ossetia_war#cite_note-defensebrief-15

RawDeal_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RawDeal_basic
Member since 2002 • 1959 Posts

[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]:lol: if your and your friend new "everything" about the US army you would also know the SEALs are apart of the Navy :roll:Nonstop-Madness
Well, no duh. Most people actually think that the Marines are part of the army. The US use the Marines as there primary soldiers. Army, Navy,Air Force.

As a former Army Ranger I find that statement kind of offensive :|

I also wish there would be Rangers in MW2, but hell, I'm just happy we were in COD 2.

GrumpyWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GrumpyWalrus

[QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"][QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]:lol: if your and your friend new "everything" about the US army you would also know the SEALs are apart of the Navy :roll:RawDeal_basic

As a former Army Ranger I find that statement kind of offensive :|

I also wish there would be Rangers in MW2, but hell, I'm just happy we were in COD 2.

Just like most Marines would be offended by being referred to as a "soldier". :P

gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gamer-adam1
Member since 2008 • 4188 Posts
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="hiphops_savior"][QUOTE="lettuceman44"] Alright...thats just not true.....

What makes you say that?

Because...it's just not.

because only the best can kill people on the same side
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cherokee_Jack
[QUOTE="gamer-adam1"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="hiphops_savior"] What makes you say that?

Because...it's just not.

I don't follow.
RawDeal_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 RawDeal_basic
Member since 2002 • 1959 Posts

[QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="bethwo"]

GrumpyWalrus

That's a smoke session from hell.
EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

lol,I love how this thread turned into which military is better and who has the best snipers:D

aren't you guys forgetting something the new COD game

Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts
[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"]What about Canadian snipers? I know that their mechs (tanks, Humvee, etc) and air support sucks, but they have some of the best trained infantries in the world, even better than the US.lettuceman44

Well Canada actually has to borrow alot from America when it comes to the Military(ex, Helicopters,).But if you consider the amount of money America puts in to there Military compared to Canada, Canada is doing a really good job. I would say America and Canadian Soldiers are identical only difference is the Americans have way better Supplies, training tools and stuff like that. Either way you can put American and Canadian troops together and they would be a very effective fighting force and would both be equally as good.
SynisterGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SynisterGamer
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts

Great, underwater levels, the best thing in video games. :roll:

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts

[QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"]The Navy Seals have more/better things at there disposal.GrumpyWalrus

Such as?

Realtime weapon change ...
GrumpyWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GrumpyWalrus

[QUOTE="GrumpyWalrus"]

[QUOTE="muscleserge"] Yeah, these guys are a level beyond the seals and the SAS. Those guys are trained to climb walls with no gear, their training makes them do drills in wet cloths in siberia in the cold. It would be great, get some insight into their tactics.RawDeal_basic

That's a smoke session from hell.

Yeah no kidding...

Some of the things the Russian Government is doing to try and shape it all up iscommendable but they still have quite a ways to go.

GrumpyWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GrumpyWalrus

[QUOTE="GrumpyWalrus"]

[QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"]The Navy Seals have more/better things at there disposal.dramaybaz

Such as?

Realtime weapon change ...

I admit, I laughed out loud.

gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gamer-adam1
Member since 2008 • 4188 Posts
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="gamer-adam1"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"] Because...it's just not.

\ when canadians first entered the war, a american pilot dropped a bomb killing 4 canadians i think, and i believe they'res another time they killed other allies, and the dozens of times they have killed civilians I don't follow.