COD this year ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

Is there any COD comes out this year ?

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
Not announced. But you bet your ass there is !
broken_ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 broken_ops
Member since 2011 • 183 Posts
of course, its probably going to be mw3
RickyRevolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RickyRevolver
Member since 2010 • 1086 Posts

please stop buying this games, I beg of you. The only way to make Activision give you guys a COD4 like COD is if you stop buying the yearly rehashes, but who am I kidding you guys won't stop...:|

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#5 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

Zensword
nothing confirmed but you can bet that activision would try to conquer a country before not releasing an annual COD
The-Magus-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The-Magus-D
Member since 2009 • 376 Posts

... It is called MW3. :|

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#7 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

please stop buying this games, I beg of you. The only way to make Activision give you guys a COD4 like COD is if you stop buying the yearly rehashes, but who am I kidding you guys won't stop...:|

RickyRevolver
ehm a cod4 like cod? dont you mean a cod like cod4? btw, it will never happenpeople will never stop buying COD games
Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

Yeah, they only need 2 months to rehash.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

[QUOTE="RickyRevolver"]

lightleggy

ehm a cod4 like cod? dont you mean a cod like cod4? btw, it will never happenpeople will never stop buying COD games

Its also kind of insulting to ask for a thing, not only is it not going to happen but just because you don't like it doesn't give you the right to tell others not to buy games they enjoy. Its like if you like Burnout and someone told you to please stop buying it because its garbage, it won't stop you from buying it and its just annoying.

MichaelToreno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MichaelToreno
Member since 2010 • 176 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="RickyRevolver"]

SPYDER0416

Its also kind of insulting to ask for a thing, not only is it not going to happen but just because you don't like it doesn't give you the right to tell others not to buy games they enjoy. Its like if you like Burnout and someone told you to please stop buying it because its garbage, it won't stop you from buying it and its just annoying.

Insulting? You're a bit sensitive dude. And yes, people will eventually stop buying the yearly releases, in the same way that happened to Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk. It may take longer but I'm sure it will eventually.
RickyRevolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RickyRevolver
Member since 2010 • 1086 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="RickyRevolver"]

SPYDER0416

and I understand, BUT, the difference between COD and like you said Burnout, is that:

1. they don't release yearly sequels
  2. The use new formulas with each game they release unlike COD
  3. and they dont charge 15$ for 5 MAPS
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

I really, really hope not. There was once a time where I actually enjoyed the series. (I liked COD + UO, COD 2, and MW1) They need to release a title no more often than every other year, and actually do something to shake up the formula every now and again.

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] ehm a cod4 like cod? dont you mean a cod like cod4? btw, it will never happenpeople will never stop buying COD gamesRickyRevolver

and I understand, BUT, the difference between COD and like you said Burnout, is that:

That has nothing to do with whether people like the games or not :?
Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

RickyRevolver

I hate COD games, I havent played MW2 and BO,I'm just curious.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SPYDER0416

[QUOTE="RickyRevolver"]

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

SilverChimera

Yeah, its a biased argument based on your hatred of the series that has nothing to do with the overall quality of the game and how others feel about it. Its an immature response and in the end its popular for a reason, long after the THPS and Guitar Hero games have died out from over use the CoD franchise stays strong for a reason, and that is because it still happens to be a quality series (if only because the devs get more time and resources on it).

I could go into a long list of Burnout criticisms too, much more then 3 that are completely unrelated to the actual quality of the game.

MichaelToreno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MichaelToreno
Member since 2010 • 176 Posts

[QUOTE="SilverChimera"][QUOTE="RickyRevolver"]

SPYDER0416

Yeah, its a biased argument based on your hatred of the series that has nothing to do with the overall quality of the game and how others feel about it. Its an immature response and in the end its popular for a reason, long after the THPS and Guitar Hero games have died out from over use the CoD franchise stays strong for a reason, and that is because it still happens to be a quality series (if only because the devs get more time and resources on it).

I could go into a long list of Burnout criticisms too, much more then 3 that are completely unrelated to the actual quality of the game.

I agree that it's still a pretty quality series at this point. My question is how long it can continue this with yearly releases. I honestly don't see Activision bringing any innovation into the series anytime soon because they wouldn't dare alienate their 1 billion COD fans.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SPYDER0416

Its still a damn well polished game and BO introduced a few cool new features. If they can introduces some new things while scaling back things we hate and keep it the same I think they can please fans and newcomers for at least a few more years, especially with Treyarch stepping it up so much and Sledgehammer taking some of the work load off of IW and Treyarch.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Call of Duty every year,mehn i never tot this would happen to adventure games

svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts

Zensword

OF course there will be. Activision has to milk that cash cow for all it's worth.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#20 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Yes, and a new dev is making it.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

does a bear crap in the woods

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

please stop buying this games, I beg of you. The only way to make Activision give you guys a COD4 like COD is if you stop buying the yearly rehashes, but who am I kidding you guys won't stop...

RickyRevolver
Who are you? Be quiet.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
a cod every year. Ill probably pass this time