CoD: BO wasnt even in my top 10 anticipated titles this year....

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gillri
Member since 2004 • 5926 Posts

I was bouncing off the walls with excitement about Mass effect 2, GOW3 and Heavy Rain, MGS PW, Alan Wake, Limbo etc etc

a military shooter with a 5/6 SP? running around like a headless chicken for 100 of hours doesnt appeal to me either

are there people out there who get genuinely really excited for a game like this?

like I was with ME2 when I could hardly sleep the night before I was that hyped

coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 coreybg
Member since 2009 • 2608 Posts

There are always some who claim "It's gonna be the best CoD yet" (like for every cod game obviously)

I personally can't understand the point in buying the game mainly for multiplayer considering it will die when the next one releases.

And I don't like military shooters overall.

FGMPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FGMPR
Member since 2009 • 804 Posts

There are always some who claim "It's gonna be the best CoD yet" (like for every cod game obviously)

I personally can't understand the point in buying the game mainly for multiplayer considering it will die when the next one releases.

coreybg
It's CoD though, it won't just die, for better or worse. It's still easy to get games of CoD 1 on PC, and people still play CoD 2 on 360 online. It's long lasting by sheer weight of numbers.
gavatron123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gavatron123
Member since 2009 • 362 Posts

Its the same generic shooter year after year, but its still fun and I get excited, however not as excited as I was before Mass Effect 2, God Of War 3 and Vanquish.

TBH is wasn't that excited about Heavy Rain, but I loved it the characters and story was amazing.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
yes its gonna be a fun game.... a game doesnt have to be unique or do something new to be good... campaign will be short but sweet just like every other cod.. the multiplayer is very addictive and heaps of fun zombies dont really care for...
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Mine neither TC. I clearly don't understand SW mentality: when MW2 was released they said they would never buy another CoD again because Activision ruined it by milking it. Now, BO appear and almost all SW says that this will be the best CoD ever made or that we should give a chance to Treyarch.
gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gillri

Its the same generic shooter year after year, but its still fun and I get excited, however not as excited as I was before Mass Effect 2, God Of War 3 and Vanquish.

TBH is wasn't that excited about Heavy Rain, but I loved it the characters and story was amazing.

gavatron123

Heavy Rain after ME2 is my 2nd favourite GOTY, like ME2 I thought it had amazing replay value and I really like the dark 'Seven' like atmosphere,

TBH im still gonna get COD : BO, I will buy it and play the SP, then have a go on the MP, then probably sell it

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#8 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

No COD will ever get any kind of hype from me.

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BodyElite
Member since 2009 • 2678 Posts
ME2 was average at best IMO. I was actually extremely hyped for MOH, and that ended up being ridiculous. I'm getting BO, but I'm not hyped at all, not like I was with Reach anyway
gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gillri

ME2 was average at best IMO. I was actually extremely hyped for MOH, and that ended up being ridiculous. I'm getting BO, but I'm not hyped at all, not like I was with Reach anywayBodyElite

I love opinions,

one of the most amazing gaming experience I have had in 15 years of playing nearly every AAA title ever released, and you thought it was average at best?

it that an inability to switch off from the real world and truly immerse yourself in a game? there has to be a good reason for such a drastic difference in opinion from the vats majority reviewers and gamers

I have never said a game rated that highly was average, never mind average at best,

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 campzor

[QUOTE="BodyElite"]ME2 was average at best IMO. I was actually extremely hyped for MOH, and that ended up being ridiculous. I'm getting BO, but I'm not hyped at all, not like I was with Reach anywaygillri

I love opinions,

one of the most amazing gaming experience I have had in 15 years of playing nearly every AAA title ever released, and you thought it was average at best?

it that an inability to switch off from the real world and truly immerse yourself in a game? there has to be a good reason for such a drastic difference in opinion from the vats majority reviewers and gamers

I have never said a game rated that highly was average, never mind average at best,

you know modern warfare 2 has a metacritic score of 94 right?
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

single player will be fun to play through once just like both MW games, but after that is when i will be trading it in for another game.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

Because people are allowed to have opinions..?

Mondern warefare 2 and black ops are made by two different developers. Treyarc has always been better in my mind

tbolt76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 tbolt76
Member since 2008 • 987 Posts
[QUOTE="coreybg"]

That is not necessarily true. If the game is good, there will be people playing it (see GeOW, Halo 3, COD4).
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="gillri"]

[QUOTE="BodyElite"]ME2 was average at best IMO. I was actually extremely hyped for MOH, and that ended up being ridiculous. I'm getting BO, but I'm not hyped at all, not like I was with Reach anywaycampzor

I love opinions,

Which just goes to show how ****** people are in the head.

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#16 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
I was going to pass up on it until I heard about Zombie mode :D. After that, I'll probably hold off until MW3 comes out (just to finish the damn story already! If it ends in another cliffhanger, I give up on the series :x).
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 campzor

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="gillri"]

I love opinions,

Master_ShakeXXX

Which just goes to show how ****** people are in the head.

opinions opinions :) i was just saying that just because a game gets reviewed highly doesnt necessarily make it the best thing ever (in regards to his me2 comments) i will certainly be getting it when it hits the ps3 but ill be the judge if its great or not... i enjoyed mw2... i mean.. it must be doing something right if ive put over 300 hours into it
kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts

Call me crazy, but i actually am kind of excited. A friend and i already preordered, waiting to play tuesday. Its been a little while since i bought a multiplayer shooter for the pc, let alone a call of duty game(last being cod4).

kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts

[QUOTE="BodyElite"]ME2 was average at best IMO. I was actually extremely hyped for MOH, and that ended up being ridiculous. I'm getting BO, but I'm not hyped at all, not like I was with Reach anywaygillri

I love opinions,

Plenty of people will think ME2 wasn't all that, including me, deal with it.
abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
So what? it's not even in my top 100.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Master_ShakeXXX

I love opinions,

Hey, I understand what you're saying. To this day I still say that MGS4 is one of the greatest games ever made, if not thee greatest. People in SW always seem to laugh at me...

Whatever ya know, but the fact that people call it average makes me want to bash my head against the wall over and over. It's cool to call a highly praised game overrated these days, and it's rarily true. Alot of them obviously did something right to wow people. There is Modern Warfare 2... but I'm just gonna guess most people were on drugs when they played that :lol:

DarkerKamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DarkerKamikaze
Member since 2007 • 1011 Posts

I'm getting it, but I don't get hyped for anything really.

Maybe the 3DS, but that's it :P.

Oh and since everyone is talking about ME...Kotor > ME. 8)

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
It wasn't on my list either, but I have to admit as a MW2 hater I am kind of upset that I am actually looking forward to COD:BO now. The features and improvements look good to me, looks better than COD4 which was the best COD game IMO.
Kurezan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Kurezan
Member since 2008 • 1850 Posts

No COD will ever get any kind of hype from me.

Master_ShakeXXX
I feel the same way. These games usually feel like they have been done before.
7ojistix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 7ojistix
Member since 2010 • 259 Posts

coreybg

Not true. COD4 is still going very strong. Both it and MW2 will still be going fine after BO's release. KZ2 however is a ghost town.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 campzor

[QUOTE="coreybg"]

7ojistix

Not true. COD4 is still going very strong. Both it and MW2 will still be going fine after BO's release. KZ2 however is a ghost town.

true cod has a huge fanbase which stays with its games.. call of duty 1 still has players (though its on pc..they dont usually move on but still)
gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gillri

[QUOTE="gillri"]

[QUOTE="BodyElite"]ME2 was average at best IMO. I was actually extremely hyped for MOH, and that ended up being ridiculous. I'm getting BO, but I'm not hyped at all, not like I was with Reach anywaycampzor

I love opinions,

yes whats your point? was i supposed to have said that CoD : MW2 was average somewhere?

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
Black Ops?? u mean ppl actually care about this game?? ughhh shooters are over saturated and stale now that i can never seem to care about any of them
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#29 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

blog material

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

It wasn't on my list either, but I have to admit as a MW2 hater I am kind of upset that I am actually looking forward to COD:BO now.SaltyMeatballs

Why are you upset? :| Seriously, why does everyone treat liking Call of Duty like it's something uber-shameful, to be played down, like "Oh, well I'm excited and I'll be buying it, but I'm extremely upset about that," ? It's nothing to be "upset" about, you're going to play a great game, if you hate it, then you can be upset, but seriously... I don't get it! Sorry for singleing you out too, it's not just you, it's a larger trend I've noticed. Very few people seem to embrace the game.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#31 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

I couldn't care less in the beginning of the year about this game but over the last week I started looking into it and it looks really good.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SaltyMeatballs

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]It wasn't on my list either, but I have to admit as a MW2 hater I am kind of upset that I am actually looking forward to COD:BO now.psn8214

Why are you upset? :| Seriously, why does everyone treat liking Call of Duty like it's something uber-shameful, to be played down, like "Oh, well I'm excited and I'll be buying it, but I'm extremely upset about that," ? It's nothing to be "upset" about, you're going to play a great game, if you hate it, then you can be upset, but seriously... I don't get it! Sorry for singleing you out too, it's not just you, it's a larger trend I've noticed. Very few people seem to embrace the game.

Because I hated MW2 so much, and Activision, I didn't want to support them anymore. But I will be getting Black Ops so obviously I didn't stick to the plan. After selling MW2 I noticed I appreciated SP games more.
LlFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LlFE
Member since 2010 • 87 Posts
I'll enjoy it. No elitist values or "bandwagon" System Wars jelly to inhibit my enjoyment. Granted, I will not be paying full price for Call of Duty: Black Ops (all 59 dollars and 95 cents of it).
Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts

I'm actually looking forward to this a bit. I'm in the mood for a good online shooter I can sink my teeth into.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#36 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

at this point, nothing can match my hype for the days before Mass Effect 2 released, and I honestly don't think any game will top that this year.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 campzor

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="gillri"]

I love opinions,

gillri

yes whats your point? was i supposed to have said that CoD : MW2 was average somewhere?

my point is just because you enjoyed me2 more and was one of ur most amazing gaming experience doesnt mean that cod isnt for some people.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
It looks like a very fine piece of work, whether you want to admit it or not. It's kind of disturbing on how people just inflate the hell out of MW2's flaws. Anyone else could do the exact same with Mass Effect 2. Ugh, gamers can be such crybabies...
T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

people have there opinions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

its #1 for me even though i hated mw2 :P

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Because I hated MW2 so much, and Activision, I didn't want to support them anymore. But I will be getting Black Ops so obviously I didn't stick to the plan. After selling MW2 I noticed I appreciated SP games more.SaltyMeatballs

I still don't see how you're upset though. :P Black Ops looks good in its own right, and Activision is going to sell millions whether or not YOU buy it.

Killer2401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Killer2401
Member since 2006 • 3431 Posts
I wasn't hyped for this game at first, but that changed very quickly when I saw all the new features and rebalancing. It's going to be a ton of fun, and much more of a balanced, strategic experience.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SaltyMeatballs

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Because I hated MW2 so much, and Activision, I didn't want to support them anymore. But I will be getting Black Ops so obviously I didn't stick to the plan. After selling MW2 I noticed I appreciated SP games more.psn8214

I still don't see how you're upset though. :P Black Ops looks good in its own right, and Activision is going to sell millions whether or not YOU buy it.

I guess you're right, don't look too deeply into what I said. :P I will probably get addicted to the online again (i.e. barely play and appreciate anything else). But hey, maybe Black Ops will actually be worth it. Gold guns are back, no noob tubes at beginning of matches (disabled for 10 seconds), no juggernaut, no stopping power :D (therefore more creative perk combos), more customisation, new games modes, maps from what I've seen look cool. Treyarch definitely earned my respect.
ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts

I'm pretty excited for Black Ops :?

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#45 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
I'm excited. COD is a lot of fun with friends. The SP looks impressive too.
CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#46 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts
Last minute hype has got me like the last few COD's. I doubt I'll play it as much as I played MW2 or MW1 though.
Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

Cool, now lets make a tally of how many people care.

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
Yes, I'm pretty excited. Not 'Reach' or 'Halo 3' level of hype, or even ME2, but pumped nonetheless. Treyarch is doing great stuff with the series, and it seems like it has a metric ****load of content.
jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts
[QUOTE="gillri"]

I love opinions,

Ohhhh I like you.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Mine neither TC. I clearly don't understand SW mentality: when MW2 was released they said they would never buy another CoD again because Activision ruined it by milking it. Now, BO appear and almost all SW says that this will be the best CoD ever made or that we should give a chance to Treyarch. Miroku32
It's called a changed of opinion. Relly not that hard to understand.