my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1256 Posts

We def need more powerful consoles, so that we can get games with even bigger budgets that take more time to develop, and makes publishers even more risk averse.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#53 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

We need AA games. The industry has evolved to a state of self improvement through technology. We don't need games that take 10 years and 600 million to make. Ever increasing gains in AI, procedural generation, voice and language learning is the future. With those tools even smaller companies will have the ability tomrelease budget friendly titles that are fun and bring the numbers up. Let's hope games like Helldivers 2 and Battlefront 1 and 2 re-releasing (and setting view records) change the industry for the better. Bring back the fun, bring back gameplay, bring back gaming.. the rise of the AA and the start of a new and improved sustainable industry.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2460 Posts

Will never buy another PlayStation and Rockstar is dead to me, marriage made in hell.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10627 Posts

@dabear said:

@SolidGame_basic: You cows LOVE GETTING MILKED.

The PS5 isn't pushed to it's limits now - why do they need a mid-cycle refresh? Oh yeah, because you cows buy everything your blue messiah tells you to buy.

How's that PS Portal working for you?

Obviously you haven’t seen the dismal sales of PSVR2.

If there were an obvious thirst for the xss/xsx MS would be in the same mid gen refresh boat as well.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2948 Posts

Really excited to play GTA6, but I am not buying a PS5 Pro just for that.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22787 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

They're truly burying Xbox ten feet under. No chance of recovery on the green side.

Do you agree with Ryan here?

Nah. I'd not buy a console for one game...that's just silly and shows an overwhelming lack of patience.

It's likely gta6 is a disaster day one launch anyway. I think trends make that a real possibility... That's said, if they stagger the story mode with online they've got a chance for a clean launch.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22787 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

We need AA games. The industry has evolved to a state of self improvement through technology. We don't need games that take 10 years and 600 million to make. Ever increasing gains in AI, procedural generation, voice and language learning is the future. With those tools even smaller companies will have the ability tomrelease budget friendly titles that are fun and bring the numbers up. Let's hope games like Helldivers 2 and Battlefront 1 and 2 re-releasing (and setting view records) change the industry for the better. Bring back the fun, bring back gameplay, bring back gaming.. the rise of the AA and the start of a new and improved sustainable industry.

How dare you speak so many truths.... We need more 350 million dollar spider man games damn it!

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@robertos: PS4 and Pro were 8 and 11 years ago...

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1107 Posts
@last_lap said:

Imagine wasting $500+ to play a "prettier" version of GTA6 of all games, that's dumb beyond belief.

I would pay much more for a prettier version of Bloodborne

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 759 Posts

Can't wait

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6288 Posts

@girlusocrazy: Never took you as a person who cares about graphics.

Gameplay beats graphics every day of the week and twice on Sunday's.

Keep that remaster BB dream alive. The way Sony's mis-management of its studios are going they probably will remaster BB for some quick cash and to pad their games schedule.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6920 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@dabear: I know bro, that's why I said...

PS5/XSX struggles to hit 720p/60 in UE5 titles.

PS5 Pro: will get 1080p/60fps in UE5 titles.

Its not going to run native 4K/120 fps in games like Remnant 2 or Robocop.

But atleast it will double the resolution or FPS.

Lol what? The Matrix demo ran at 1440p 30fps on a base PS5 you think the Pro is only doing 1080p 60 on a rumored 20tflop console with a dedicated chip for AI upscailing?

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1307 Posts

Ps5 protato

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@silentchief:

Final Fantasy 16 (not even UE5) and Remnant II (UE5) leave you with the choice between 720p at 30 fps lock or (in FF16 case) 1080p that doesn't even hit 60 fps.

I am pretty sure Star Wars Jedi Survivor went even lower, more like 600p ish to hit 60fps and 900p ish to for 30 fps on PS5.

While the XSS had to go down to around 300-400p for 60fps.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@last_lap: It's less about graphics themselves (the game already looks gorgeous), but more about wanting yet another excuse to go back, and wanting a version I can run natively on Steam Deck. If the game gets a refresh it will get a chance to grow the community, more attention could mean a sequel, and it would be more likely to end up on PC too.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6920 Posts
@Mozelleple112 said:

@silentchief:

Final Fantasy 16 (not even UE5) and Remnant II (UE5) leave you with the choice between 720p at 30 fps lock or (in FF16 case) 1080p that doesn't even hit 60 fps.

I am pretty sure Star Wars Jedi Survivor went even lower, more like 600p ish to hit 60fps and 900p ish to for 30 fps on PS5.

While the XSS had to go down to around 300-400p for 60fps.

FF16 isn't on UE at all. Square has been secretive about what engine it's on but DF thinks it's an evolved version of the luminous engine.

Jedi Survivor struggled because it had ray traced reflections and RT global illumination. It was around 1120p in the graphics mode and hit as high as 1440p. The RT performance is said to be 3x better in the PS5 pro.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11158 Posts

Man, this product that hasn't even been announced sure are giving lems a lot of sleepless nights. 🤣

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#69  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4579 Posts

Maybe they should focus on more software before worrying about releasing more hardware. Is making the cutscene look better more important than releasing actual new games for the hardware you have on the market? Most of the PS5 1st party library at this point are PS4 ports. Yes, there is Returnal, R&C, SM2, and....... oh the DLC for Horizon.

They released the PSVR2 with very little first party support.

I enjoy my PS5 since I waited to play so many PS4 games, but when it comes to 1st party PS5 games, this is the worst I have ever seen the Playstation brand and I have owned every console from the day they were released minus the PS5 which I had to find first.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6288 Posts

@girlusocrazy: I think your best bet is hoping for a remaster/remake from thst tribute studio Sony brought (I forget their name) that releases on PS5/PC.

I very much doubt that Fromsoft would go back to making an exclusive for such little money when they can now milk the masses with an ER 2, 3, 4 and so on.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7263 Posts

Have never before bothered with a pro console on any platform but will be interested to see just how much more powerful it will get. Thought the PS4 pro and one X were disappointing.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@last_lap: Maybe, who knows when that will be. Probably emulation of the PS4 will come first 😆

I'm not too concerned. The original still works great!

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@silentchief: Yes, that's what I said. FF16 isn't even UE5. Its a pretty average looking game which looks worse than any UE5 game, has no lumen (or RT) and no Nanite... And still goes down to 720p and doesn't even hit 60 fps outside of combat.

Then there's Lord of the fallen which is also UE5. It goes down to 1296p in quality and down to 648p in performance. The performance mode also has drops down to the 40-50 fps range.

The PS5 Pro at best will run LoTF in 1260p/60 fps.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46448 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:

Maybe they should focus on more software before worrying about releasing more hardware. Is making the cutscene look better more important than releasing actual new games for the hardware you have on the market? Most of the PS5 1st party library at this point are PS4 ports. Yes, there is Returnal, R&C, SM2, and....... oh the DLC for Horizon.

They released the PSVR2 with very little first party support.

I enjoy my PS5 since I waited to play so many PS4 games, but when it comes to 1st party PS5 games, this is the worst I have ever seen the Playstation brand and I have owned every console from the day they were released minus the PS5 which I had to find first.

If this were a town hall or meeting house I would stand up and give you an applause.

I don't get this obsession that Sony has with releasing more hardware than actual games.

People are always whining "oh look Xbox is releasing another controller"

While Sony has been releasing hardware (PSVR2) after hardware (Portal) after hardware (PS5 pro) and just dumping it instantly instead of supporting it with sofware in the long run.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46448 Posts
@Mozelleple112 said:

@silentchief: Yes, that's what I said. FF16 isn't even UE5. Its a pretty average looking game which looks worse than any UE5 game, has no lumen (or RT) and no Nanite... And still goes down to 720p and doesn't even hit 60 fps outside of combat.

Then there's Lord of the fallen which is also UE5. It goes down to 1296p in quality and down to 648p in performance. The performance mode also has drops down to the 40-50 fps range.

The PS5 Pro at best will run LoTF in 1260p/60 fps.

yeah no, this is comparing apples and oranges. The resolution targets you're listing for LOTF are already reconstructed from lower internal resolutions.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

Is this PS5 Pro 5 going to have a significant CPU upgrade? Put as much GPU hardware in there as you like but if GTA VI is CPU bound, you're not getting 60fps.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

@R4gn4r0k: Cool. I'll download that and hopefully its up and running and I can later get some ENB / ICEnhancer mods running too.

The vanilla game does look and feel decent when maxed out 4K/120 though to be honest.

The driving mechanics drive (pun intended) me crazy though. I hate realistic physics. Give me arcade-y easy to control cars pls.

What makes this game stand out from the console version: once you go 60fps and beyond you really don't need aim assist anymore. Aim assist takes away a huge amount of skill and fun.

So for GTA IV you can turn off aim assist on PC and turn off advanced crosshair, it makes it a lot more like modern games. GTA IV's shooting on consoles can sometimes feel very arcady and outdated.

Hope you can resolve those nasty crashes!

Every Rockstar game on console is like this from what I've noticed. I actually played RDR on PS3 back in the day and it was just too damn easy with aim assist and became a boring slog, but then if you turned it off, the control sticks combined with the horribly unsteady framerate made it nearly impossible to enjoy. GTA 5 suffered from the same thing but to a lesser extent. Rockstar games are just garbage on console, honestly.