IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1847 Posts

PC Gamer says Cyberpunk 2077 on GeForce Now is brilliant if you don't have an RTX card

GeForce Now can be installed on your Shield, phone, some TVs or your PC, and the only hurdle is your internet connection. Which might be an insurmountable one. It needs to be steady more than it needs to be fast, and Nvidia recommends 50 Mbps for 1080p at 60fps.

The one thing that really feels like it's missing is support for resolutions above 1080p. I've got a 4K TV, but honestly I think 4K streaming would be out of reach for my connection anyway, so it's not a huge loss. The Shield TV's AI upscaling feature comes in quite handy here, not to the point that it mimics 4K, but it at least removes the blurriness that comes from streaming at 1080p on a 4K display.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69822 Posts

This cloud news is going to upset folks.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Been playing on PS5 and the game runs great. I've encountered no major bugs. The whole "Cyberpunk is broken" is fake news created by blue checkmarks after they tried to push the false narrative that the game is transphobic, and now they're trying to scare people from buying it.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45269 Posts

I honestly don't care THAT much about this game lol

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Another try and another fail for streaming, yet again. :(

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44313 Posts

I’ll just wait and see how the Xbox Series X version turns out next year.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

PS5 version next year. If it's not that good, whatever. Streaming? lol

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

I’ll just wait and see how the Xbox Series X version turns out next year.

Isn't this version already good? Has the most features on consoles and runs well enough. Already next gen updated I thought.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44612 Posts

Thankfully I got a Series X, not perfect but much more playable than last gen vanilla consoles.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44313 Posts

@ellos: Both the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S are currently just running the PS4 and Xbox One versions through backwards compatibility. The actual next gen versions of Cyberpunk don’t come out until next year sometime.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

Ps5 is the best cyberpunk experience.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

@ellos: Both the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S are currently just running the PS4 and Xbox One versions through backwards compatibility. The actual next gen versions of Cyberpunk don’t come out until next year sometime.

Your probably right there running bc mode. There is extra work on X and S though. X has a performance and quality mode. S has quality mode same as S at lower res. Both the series consoles have extra features such as higher npc count. Ps5 is the one running same pro version at higher fps nothing extra. The one S and one X have same feature as ps4/pro at there respective resolutions.

I think the series versions will be the base of the next gen upgrade. Its hard to imagine any more changes than what they have. They seem perfect just need to sort out bugs and maybe make the performance mode a bit more stable.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#13  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17835 Posts

If you are resorting to a game streaming service to play a broken and unfinished game, then you need to take a look in the mirror and ask yourself how you got to that sad juncture. It is like a homeless junkie shooting up in an alley. It is just sad. Have some dignity. Wait until it is patched and when you can play it on proper hardware.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@BassMan said:

If you are resorting to a game streaming service to play a broken and unfinished game, then you need to take a look in the mirror and ask yourself how you got to that sad juncture. It is like a homeless junkie shooting up in an alley. It is just sad. Have some dignity. Wait until it is patched and when you can play it on proper hardware.

Agreed, best to wait for the Switch version.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Been playing on PS5 and the game runs great. I've encountered no major bugs.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BassMan

@mandzilla said:
@BassMan said:

Agreed, best to wait for the Switch version.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Plays and looks good on the One X. Stop pretending One X, PS4 Pro, Series X and PS5 are having trouble with the game when they're not.

mrmoeone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mrmoeone
Member since 2006 • 524 Posts

The game is buggy and it’s pretty messed up that Xbox one and ps4 players got the short end of the stick.. but I’m playing on the series X and man this game is good! Gunplay mechanics and story are great so far I’m really enjoying it. And not to get off topic here but HDR sucks not just on this game but all games IMO... 4K in SDR is the way we should be playing until there is an actual standard for HDR in gaming 😬 sorry for the quick rant lol.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34682 Posts

@briguyb13 said:

Plays and looks good on the One X. Stop pretending One X, PS4 Pro, Series X and PS5 are having trouble with the game when they're not.

Even the PC version is having trouble. You telling me it works flawlessly on XSX and PS5?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BassMan

@briguyb13 said:

Stop spreading lies. The game struggles on PS4 Pro and X1X. PS5 and XSX can't even hold 60fps either.

Loading Video...

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

How many threads do we need on this bloody game!!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59087 Posts

Noticed gaming journalists dunkin' on Cyberpunk on mass like they feel they've been vindicated after basically, Kallie Plagge was (unjustly) attacked.

When in reality, they are that desperate for reviews, and in that much of a symbiotic relationship with publishers and developers, they happily accept heavily controlled review conditions distorting the product towards a desired reception.

Further, they spent more time complaining of this fucking poster, on mass, than checking if the console versions might be shit.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 VFighter

@uninspiredcup: Kallie was justly attacked, ps4 and X1 bad ports don't change that.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By uninspiredcup

@vfighter: Na. It was very clearly fanbioz expecting 10/10 with outrage merchants feeding on that for revenue.

Doubt most of them even actually read the review.

I personally disregard it. Not because she didn't check out 100% of content that wasn't appealing enough to check out in the first place nor even required, which many reviews have now echo'd, but politically motivated opinions. Which, I kinda don't give a shit about.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34682 Posts

@BassMan said:
@briguyb13 said:

Stop spreading lies. The game struggles on PS4 Pro and X1X. PS5 and XSX can't even hold 60fps either.

It may "play good" on the One X according to his very low standards..? Subpar fps isn't a problem for some people, for some reason.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56228 Posts

I can vouch for Nvidia GeForce Now cause its a friendly ecosystem for game streamers, but NOT on Stadia, that's for damn sure. I tried GeForce Now, its a good streaming service if 3rd-party developers can get on-board of course but otherwise, I don't like to stream my games and as for CP2077, I'm still able to play it properly on my PC despite little glitches I ran into but nothing major in that regard.

@briguyb13 said:

Correction, its only playable on PS5/XSX because they are using the latest specs that's not a decades old, it is unplayable on PS4/Xbox One but CDPR should have known better as last-gen consoles was showing its age and by the time CDPR got to work on CP2077, both PS4/Xbox One specs were hitting there expiration date. There's a reason why Capcom is only releasing Resident Evil 8 for just PS5/XSX only.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

I'm playing it, you guys aren't. I never said it was perfect--no version is right now. But stop telling people bullshit lies when you're not playing a particular version. And just like with your handheld biases: **** off with your bubble elitism.

I've had it up to here with that nonsense. Fucking meet me on the street in person and tell me I have low standards, or that the version I'm playing shouldn't exist. I'd beat the livin' crap out of you if you did.

EDIT: the personal disrespect set me off, but to clarify what I meant was: I'm sick of being told my version shouldn't exist, I didn't mean to throw that in to the challenge in a personal way.

This isn't 'fanboy wars' and personal insults shouldn't be tolerated. Everyone who lives in the outside world knows that if you disrespect someone, be ready to protect yourself.

So check yourself @BassMan, I've taken all the personal attacks and disrespect from you I'm gonna take.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Jeez, alright guys let's keep it civil.

Briguy, in the interest of actual discussion - are you saying the DF video is wrong, and those performance issues and bugs don't exist on that level, or are you saying it's technically true but not common to the level of being game breaking like a condensed "sizzler reel of complaints" from DF implies?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro  Online

I tried the game for an hour and it feels like one long cutscene. Somethings never change.😥

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DaVillain  Moderator

@xantufrog said:

Briguy, in the interest of actual discussion - are you saying the DF video is wrong, and those performance issues and bugs don't exist on that level, or are you saying it's technically true but not common to the level of being game breaking like a condensed "sizzler reel of complaints" from DF implies?

Yes, I also like to know this as well but not directly pointing towards briguyb13, to other console gamers as well. Anyone who's playing the game on PC pretty much knows the do/don't.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaVillain  Moderator

@Pedro said:

I tried the game for an hour and it feels like one long cutscene. Somethings never change.😥

Sorry to hear you aren't having fun. The way this game works, you gotta love Cyberpunk genre stuff like those of Blade Runner & Ghost in the Shell that sort of thing since the game is heavy on long cutsense.

But what about the gameplay, do you like it so far for an RPG?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro  Online

@davillain-: The moment I got to the gunplay, I found it to be floaty and i have exercised any elements of the RPG elements outside of dialogue. I will give the game another go sometime, but I am currently not in the frame of mind for wading through that much dialogue. I am not joking when I say I like playing games, the actual act of playing. The Witcher 3 exhausted my patients with the frequency and length of story exposition. Fortunately, I did buy Cyberpunk 2077, someone else foot the bill for that.😬

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8489 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Been playing on PS5 and the game runs great. I've encountered no major bugs. The whole "Cyberpunk is broken" is fake news created by blue checkmarks after they tried to push the false narrative that the game is transphobic, and now they're trying to scare people from buying it.

At what resolution? Ah yes, a little over 1080p in 2020 on a next-gen console marketed as 8K.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 VFighter

@pc_rocks: Doesn't sound bad for a BC title, you do realize the next gen versions aren't out yet right? Lol, intelligent responses aren't really your thing though.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaVillain  Moderator

@Pedro: That's understandable. For me, I'm starting to lose immersion as I progress though the game but that's all because of the bugs/glitches I keep seeing and at this point, I'll just rush this game cause I can't deal with the state its in now and will do a fully 2nd play when CDPR fully patch the game and get myself a better GPU.

This game won't make it on my top 10 in this pathetic state its in now.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8489 Posts

@vfighter said:

@pc_rocks: Doesn't sound bad for a BC title, you do realize the next gen versions aren't out yet right? Lol, intelligent responses aren't really your thing though.

Humour me this bu*thurt cow with a one liner. What do you think the 'next-gen' versions will improve if your precious toys can't run the last-gen version at 1080p+? Let's see the reply defying the laws of physics.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#38  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19587 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Noticed gaming journalists dunkin' on Cyberpunk on mass like they feel they've been vindicated after basically, Kallie Plagge was (unjustly) attacked.

The same gaming journalists who gave this game 9-10 reviews? Very few reviewers actually called the game out on its bug-ridden mess, except for a few like Kallie Paige, who has pretty much been vindicated now. All those thousands of CDPR fanboys who were attacking her and defending the game now look like a bunch of mindless idiots.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Jag85 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

The same gaming journalists who gave this game 9-10 reviews? Very few reviewers actually called the game out on its bug-ridden mess, except for a few like Kallie Paige, who has pretty much been vindicated now. All those thousands of CDPR fanboys who were attacking her and defending the game now look like a bunch of mindless idiots.

The majority of reviews much like her brought up bugs, however they didn't factor it into the review score to any detrimental degree. Neither would I say she did really, it's more a footnote behind other complaints - which are perfectly legitimate. Still a positive review, just not gamer logic where anything under an 8 is the end of the universe, which (ironically) reviewers themselves through years of fight or flight hyperbole, conditioned as a mindset.

We are seeing blow-back of that confirmation bias so desperately desired and expected.

That on top of controlled reviews, deciding when and what to output with aplomb timing, giving the more ignorant consumer the impression of the last-generation version will be comparable with the PC, irregardless of delayed, deliberately hidden versions, receiving negative reception.

This should have been scrutinized from the start imo, with hindsight, it was obvious. Instead we had focus on a poster with a big ol' cock, itself, working into the hands of CDPR with edgy marketing, knowing full well the media was full of... well.... babies.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@uninspiredcup: The problem with her review wasn't so much the score, but the lack of clarity on how she ended up there.

She made several irrelevant claims about not being "trans friendly", for example, yet I have no idea if that was a factor in the score.

If she gave it the 7/10 soley on the basis of the poor launch, thats fair. But at this point we don't know which of the issues she had with the game (some relevant, some incredibly irrelevant) contributed to the final score.

Your white knighting of her in every single thread, even ones where she was never mentioned isn't helping things either.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By uninspiredcup

@appariti0n said:

@uninspiredcup: The problem with her review wasn't so much the score, but the lack of clarity on how she ended up there.

She made several irrelevant claims about not being "trans friendly", for example, yet I have no idea if that was a factor in the score.

If she gave it the 7/10 soley on the basis of the poor launch, thats fair. But at this point we don't know which of the issues she had with the game (some relevant, some incredibly irrelevant) contributed to the final score.

Your white knighting of her in every single thread, even ones where she was never mentioned isn't helping things either.

No. Being objective. That's the difference.

And as stated, pretty much every time the review has been brought up, It's disregarded as credible, for different reasons. Not really where sure why you have this idea popped into your head that it's being lauded.

The reaction, anyway you want to cut it was stupid, dog-piling from people who literately didn't play the game upset it was lauded as a Jesus title.

That's it. Cut and dry. Gaming reception when they could actually play it, was largely negative. With multiple reviews professional and otherwise coming out echo'ing exactly the same complaints that was supposedly part of the problem of the review and like.. not the game?

Example -

This is also where Cyberpunk 2077 really stumbles, and keeps on stumbling from there. I finished the entire story, plus a handful of sidequests, with just one cybernetic installed out of scores of options, after crafting just one or two guns to see how it worked, after barely half-upgrading one of the near-dozen skill trees. It's possible to glide through Cyberpunk 2077 easily, without ever scratching the surface of its systems, and while that sounds like a selling point I don't think it is. It's poorly signposted, poorly breadcrumbed, poorly paced, above all. You get the most XP for completing main story quests, but I was genuinely too low-level to unlock anything good by the time I was done. Even going back after the end to drink in more of the world and dive into the side activities, the sense is still that most of the game's interesting mechanics are blocked off, behind massive piles of money, experience, and time. If you have to blast through almost everything the game has to offer before you can actually play it at its potential, something's gone wrong

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-10-cyberpunk-2077-review-intoxicating-potential-half-undermined-half-met

Find it funny, everyone who was shitting on the review now wanting it swept under the rug.

Really weird, innit? Almost like they made arseholes of themselves.

Who. Knows.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@xantufrog said:

The videos I watched of DF said the One X mostly performed at a solid 30fps. Now, isn't that the typical console experience up to this point? And I'm aware that new gen consoles will mostly have games running at 60fps. I don't care what some youtube video claims, my experience is typical of other games that are similar.

So no, I'm saying DF is right that base consoles play it very poorly, but specific PC posters are wrong in claiming "last gen versions shouldn't exist". That's nonsense on several levels. If players wanna play on base consoles then who are any of us to tell them they can't? Not only that, CDPR makes money on those sales regardless of the quality they exist in. It's on the consumer to be informed enough to purchase a game in that state.

Now that that is out of the way, let's talk about attacking posters and 'fanboy wars' instead of 'system wars'. Several times now, bassman has directly, or in this case indirectly insulted and disrespected me personally. I challenged him to a real world fist fight because I'm a grown man and judging by the age of his account, I'm guessing he is too. He hasn't responded because he's likely a coward who hides behind his computer and insults people because he knows they can't make him pay for disrespecting people. I don't like to go this far, but if the moderation team won't deal with this kind of problem that's fine, just let us go at it, but it shouldn't have to come to that in the first place.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 uninspiredcup

You'd def win I think. Most people who like God Of War are having a power fantasy about their own lack of man-hood.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 appariti0n

@uninspiredcup:

Yeah, your snippet there clearly shows the reviewer's reasons for the score. Kallie's review on the other hand left me in the same spot i was before reading it. IE: no idea if the game is a good rpg or not at its core.

No clue if 7/10 is because of performance problems, pacing, highly contentious personal opinion of whether or not the game caters enough to certain minority groups, etc. Or whether the sexualization of everything fits within the lore of the cyberpunk world. Her review reeks of personal bias here imo. I personally think if something doesn't factor into the final score, it should be left out for the most part.

I guess what I'm saying is, she still deserves criticism of her review. However, the fanboy attacks have made it impossible to not be pegged as a hardcore illogical cdpr fanboy. Even if one does have legit complaints about it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By uninspiredcup

@appariti0n said:

I guess what I'm saying is, . However, the fanboy attacks have made it impossible to not be pegged as a hardcore illogical cdpr fanboy. Even if one does have legit complaints about it.

I agree. Think in general, as a reviewer. One of those wanna-activists under the impression they're an anime hero fighting for justice no one fucking asked for rather than like, writing a review, for a toy. More subjective, but for me it automatically discounts a review, i'll disregard it on principle. Save that shit for your Blog or Twitter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@Litchie said:

It may "play good" on the One X according to his very low standards..? Subpar fps isn't a problem for some people, for some reason.

I just noticed it's you who indirectly insulted me personally, not bassman, so my apologies to him for that. So bring your sorry ass out in to the street and get the butt whoopin' your nerd ass deserves, boy.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 VFighter

@uninspiredcup: Yeah, she played on easy mode or didn't play it at all, attacks coming her way are still warrented. Sorry, but she's a shit reviewer, always has been always will be.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 appariti0n

@uninspiredcup: Sorry for the white knight comment btw. Not really fair.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@ivangrozny: The title seems to suggest it is the only way to play for the vast majority of PC gamers too

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

I played Cyberpunk on PS5 without “teh cloud”. I stopped playing it because the game is buggy on console and pc. I’ll go back when they fix the bugs.