Clive Barker's Jericho the week before Halloween. Who's ready? (screens/info)

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 0

#1 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Anyone looking for a great horror game this year needs to look no further than this game. The story is written by Clive Barker, one of the more disturbing (read-great) horror authors alive today. I mean, he is just the man behind Hellraiser, which is a classic. He is also an accomplished artist as well, and even had a hand in the artwork of Jericho. So expect nothing less than horror pushed to it's limits with this game.

For those unfamiliar with what Jericho is all about, here is a brief summary, as well as a few pics:

A supernatural horror action game with a story devised by the master mythmaker, novelist and filmmaker Clive Barker. Mingling the darkest elements of Barker's horror fiction and films, Jericho deals with the mysterious reappearance of a lost city in a remote desert. When a form of evil that goes right back to the dawn of days resurfaces from there, a Special Forces squad, trained in both conventional warfare and the arcane arts, is sent in. Their mission: hunt down and destroy the evil that lurks at the heart of the city before it destroys humanity.

That ancient evil that has been resurrected is known as 'The First Born', which is the first creation by God that went horribly wrong, so he was banished for eternity. You will play 1 of a 4member squad named Jericho, all of whom is trained with weapons, tactical combat....and in the Occult arts (even exorcism, should be interesting, huh?).

You will have to face varying levels of montrosities which once were the warriors that came before you who tried to reach The First Born and failed, and who since have become his eternal slaves and guardians. These now grotesque montrosites have came from many different historical periods, including the Sumerians, to theRomans, all the way to now demonic/possessed Nazi's from World War II. The variety of demonic enemies is supposed to be splendid indeed. As are the locations, weapons, ect.

Lemmywinks_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lemmywinks_360
Member since 2007 • 1996 Posts
Looks like a good sleeper.
shaggygrosser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shaggygrosser
Member since 2003 • 5871 Posts
looks like a big steaming pile that'll be forgotten within weeks.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
I hope its a good game. I loved UNDYING up until the last few levels. CODEMASTERS has generally good quality games. Crossing my fingers for this one. Clive Barker needs to make a RE/Silent Hill style game. I think it fits better with his style.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
*signed for greatness* Jericho has Vandal's seal of approval.
zombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zombiepigeon
Member since 2007 • 829 Posts
Sounds badass.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ironcreed

I hope its a good game. I loved UNDYING up until the last few levels. CODEMASTERS has generally good quality games. Crossing my fingers for this one. Clive Barker needs to make a RE/Silent Hill style game. I think it fits better with his style.JiveT

Absolutely. I have faith in Codemasters, man. They are good developers. Clive Barker himself even stated in an interview that it has been hard finding another developer that he completely trusted with his name, because he said his name is all he really has. He said that Codemasters were the perfect match for capturing his vision for a game. They have a good relationship, and they are supposedly trying to go all out with this game, so I am thinking that it is going to rock.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Ahhh, I can't wait for this game. Hopefully it'll be atleast half as good as Undying. I'm ready! :D
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

[QUOTE="JiveT"]I hope its a good game. I loved UNDYING up until the last few levels. CODEMASTERS has generally good quality games. Crossing my fingers for this one. Clive Barker needs to make a RE/Silent Hill style game. I think it fits better with his style.ironcreed

Absolutely. I have faith in Codemasters, man. They are good developers. Clive Barker himself even stated in an interview that it has been hard finding another developer that he completely trusted with his name, because he said his name is all he really has. He said that Codemasters were the perfect match for capturing his vision for a game. They have a good relationship, and they are supposedly trying to go all out with this game, so I am thinking that it is going to rock.

The developer behind American McGee's Scrapland are developing this and I loved Scrapland. It was very underrated and underappreciated imo. Codemasters is just publishing it.

MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MegaPigeon
Member since 2007 • 1726 Posts
I love the grotesque enemy designs, but I haven't seen anything to get me hugely hyped for the game. I'll think about getting it after I see the reviews. Preferably not from SDF :D
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
the level of gore kind of turns me off to it. i'm looking for more fantasy these days.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vandalvideo
the level of gore kind of turns me off to it. i'm looking for more fantasy these days.Ontain
What did you expect with a game so closely tied to the devil and biblical references bareing the Clive Barker name? Kittens?
Ensemblecard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ensemblecard
Member since 2004 • 30 Posts
As much as I loved Undying I can't help feeling this looks pretty bland.
codemaster44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 codemaster44
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts
the game looks awesome cant wait to pick it up
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ironcreed
[QUOTE="ironcreed"]

[QUOTE="JiveT"]I hope its a good game. I loved UNDYING up until the last few levels. CODEMASTERS has generally good quality games. Crossing my fingers for this one. Clive Barker needs to make a RE/Silent Hill style game. I think it fits better with his style.BioShockOwnz

The developer behind American McGee's Scrapland are developing this and I loved Scrapland. It was very underrated and underappreciated imo. Codemasters is just publishing it.

Really? My bad, man, lol. I just read about the affiliation with Codemasters. I have never played Scrapland, who are the devs again?

Greyhound222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Greyhound222
Member since 2005 • 2899 Posts
The enemy designs,for me anyway,are the best this gen,but the textures suck.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ironcreed

[QUOTE="Ontain"]the level of gore kind of turns me off to it. i'm looking for more fantasy these days.Vandalvideo
What did you expect with a game so closely tied to the devil and biblical references bareing the Clive Barker name? Kittens?

LMAO, seriously.

Not for everyone of course, but I just do not see how any horror fan, who happens to be a gamer as well would want to pass up a game that has a story written by Clive Barker.....as it is a guarantee that the story is going to be killer. I just made this thread for all of the gamers who are horror fans as well, as this game looks and sounds superb to me.

TanKLoveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TanKLoveR
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

Ahhh, I can't wait for this game. Hopefully it'll be atleast half as good as Undying. I'm ready! :DBioShockOwnz

Same here, i thought Undying was a great game i really enjoyed that game, i hope this one lives up to that.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#20 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
I really dislike how the girl in the first pic is dressed. It's neither sexy nor practical. This game is going to have to do a lot right to really grab my attention.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vandalvideo
I really dislike how the girl in the first pic is dressed. It's neither sexy nor practical. This game is going to have to do a lot right to really grab my attention.musicalmac
Its the spiritual successor to that other scariest highest rated PC horror game of all time......that was more than enough for Bioshock to be hyped. :(
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="musicalmac"]I really dislike how the girl in the first pic is dressed. It's neither sexy nor practical. This game is going to have to do a lot right to really grab my attention.Vandalvideo
Its the spiritual successor to that other scariest highest rated PC horror game of all time......that was more than enough for Bioshock to be hyped. :(

I realize that. I find it easier to get into a game when there the game explains itself with good reasoning. There is no reason for her attire to be as such. It kind of takes me out of the "scary game" mood. It's those little things that tend to worry me regarding how good a game is really going to be. I
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="musicalmac"] I realize that. I find it easier to get into a game when there the game explains itself with good reasoning. There is no reason for her attire to be as such. It kind of takes me out of the "scary game" mood. It's those little things that tend to worry me regarding how good a game is really going to be. I

Knowing Clive Barker's twisted mind, it probably has to do with her abilities......more than that I won't say.
Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Donkey_Puncher
Member since 2005 • 5083 Posts
I really hope this game turns out well. I absolutely loved Undying, one of the few underground PC hits that nobody played.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

There is no reason for her attire to be as such. musicalmac

Dude her boobs have to breathe a little and if you look at the guy he's wearing similar attire.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ironcreed

I really dislike how the girl in the first pic is dressed. It's neither sexy nor practical. This game is going to have to do a lot right to really grab my attention.musicalmac

So, you do not think that the game will be any good because you do not approve of how one of the chicks in the game is dressed? I did not realize that Jericho was supposed to be about fashion, lol. The story is what is going to drive this game.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 musicalmac  Moderator

[QUOTE="musicalmac"] There is no reason for her attire to be as such. JiveT

Dude her boobs have to breathe a little and if you look at the guy he's wearing similar attire.

I don't have a pair myself, but judging by the way most respectable women keep them tucked away behind a shirt, I don't think they need to breath that bad ;)
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 musicalmac  Moderator

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]I really dislike how the girl in the first pic is dressed. It's neither sexy nor practical. This game is going to have to do a lot right to really grab my attention.ironcreed

So, you do not think that the game will be any good because you do not approve of how one of the chicks in the game is dressed? I did not realize that Jericho was supposed to be about fashion, lol. The story is what is going to drive this game.

I never said it was because the game needed to be old fashioned. Practically speaking, if you're going to battle supernatural baddies wielding sharp objects, you're going to want to cover yourself up- armor and all. Those holes in the side of her "suit" are like huge bullseyes. My point is that there is no good reason for her to be dressed like that.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#29 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

looks like a big steaming pile that'll be forgotten within weeks.shaggygrosser

You forgot "What is". Alex Trebek would skin you alive for almost getting the question right.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ironcreed
[QUOTE="ironcreed"]

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]I really dislike how the girl in the first pic is dressed. It's neither sexy nor practical. This game is going to have to do a lot right to really grab my attention.musicalmac

I never said it was because the game needed to be old fashioned. Practically speaking, if you're going to battle supernatural baddies wielding sharp objects, you're going to want to cover yourself up- armor and all. Those holes in the side of her "suit" are like huge bullseyes. My point is that there is no good reason for her to be dressed like that.

LOL, I see what you are saying, man. But will a chick in a skin tight suit really take away from the game being great? So what if her attire is not realistic for combat, lol? The story itself is not realistic either.....but it sure sounds cool. I would not want to see her all covered in tactical armor anyway. This game is not like Rainbow Six Vegas or Gears of War.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 musicalmac  Moderator

LOL, I see what you are saying, man. But will a chick in a skin tight suit really take away from the game being great? So what if her attire is not realistic for combat, lol? The story itself is not realistic either.....but it sure sounds cool. I would not want to see her all covered in tactical armor anyway. This game is not Rainbow Six Vegas.

ironcreed
I am perhaps being a little overly critical. You raise and excellent point regarding your comment on the story. It is a fantasy game, as well it should be. I'll just pretend the boobular breathing holes are protected by the supernatural deoderant she wears :P
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="musicalmac"] I am perhaps being a little overly critical. You raise and excellent point regarding your comment on the story. It is a fantasy game, as well it should be. I'll just pretend the boobular breathing holes are protected by the supernatural deoderant she wears :P

With just a minute of looking I found out the reason for being scantily clad. Shes the "sniper" on the team, and I'm sure it helps her manuever around. Or was it the other way around? DANGIT, I don't know if you're talking about Black or Church.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] With just a minute of looking I found out the reason for being scantily clad. Shes the "blood mage" on the team. By that, and past Clive Barker works, I take it that she uses her own blood to call forth lord knows what. The reason for being scantily clad? Easy access.

I :lol: 'd. It makes so much sense now.
Palax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Palax
Member since 2003 • 2399 Posts
I'm a big fan of Clive Barker so I will be checking this title out
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ironcreed
[QUOTE="ironcreed"]

LOL, I see what you are saying, man. But will a chick in a skin tight suit really take away from the game being great? So what if her attire is not realistic for combat, lol? The story itself is not realistic either.....but it sure sounds cool. I would not want to see her all covered in tactical armor anyway. This game is not Rainbow Six Vegas.

musicalmac

I am perhaps being a little overly critical. You raise and excellent point regarding your comment on the story. It is a fantasy game, as well it should be. I'll just pretend the boobular breathing holes are protected by the supernatural deoderant she wears :P

Well, each character is supposed to have occult powers. Maybe she can turn her boobs to titanium, thereby making all blows from sharp objects bouce back at the attacking demon possessed baddies, lol.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Vandalvideo
Well, each character is supposed to have occult powers. Maybe she can turn her boobs to titanium, thereby making all blows from sharp objects bouce back at the attacking demon possessed baddies, lol.ironcreed
Well there are two vey scantily clad women on the team, Black and Church. Chruch is a blood mage and is scantily clad so she can access blood. I'm sure black is also scantily clad because she needs to manuevor around as the telekenetic sniper.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 musicalmac  Moderator

Well, each character is supposed to have occult powers. Maybe she can turn her boobs to titanium, thereby making all blows from sharp objects bouce back at the attacking demon possessed baddies, lol.

ironcreed
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of said sweater cushions? -OOOOOOkay. I'm sorry for that last one. Sorry, everybody. I'm done.
akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

looks ok

but at that time i'll have MP3 and Pro Evo to keep me entertained, so i won't have time for this

unless it ends up being exceptional

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ironcreed

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]Well, each character is supposed to have occult powers. Maybe she can turn her boobs to titanium, thereby making all blows from sharp objects bouce back at the attacking demon possessed baddies, lol.Vandalvideo
Well there are two vey scantily clad women on the team, Black and Church. Chruch is a blood mage and is scantily clad so she can access blood. I'm sure black is also scantily clad because she needs to manuevor around as the telekenetic sniper.

Well, in all seriousness, that does make sense from a squad based combat perspective. Both from a sniping standpoint, and from the supernatural aspect with the blood mage chick. Good info, Vandal. Thanks.

karram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 karram
Member since 2006 • 1682 Posts
Going to get this game.
tramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tramp
Member since 2003 • 2110 Posts
I lost intrest in this game when i found out there won't be co-op.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
Have you guys seen the trailer for it? It's the most generic thing ever. It has cliched "army movie/game" moments (the "Don't you die on me!" moment, the "Put the gun down!" moment, etc), and then it cuts to gameplay which has you fighting... is that Voldo from Soul Caibur? Yeah, that trailer killed all my hype for that game. But I get it on GameTap anyways, so whatever.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ironcreed

Have you guys seen the trailer for it? It's the most generic thing ever. It has cliched "army movie/game" moments (the "Don't you die on me!" moment, the "Put the gun down!" moment, etc), and then it cuts to gameplay which has you fighting... is that Voldo from Soul Caibur? Yeah, that trailer killed all my hype for that game. But I get it on GameTap anyways, so whatever.Hoffgod

LOL, well I personally do not think that a game with a story written by Clive Barker could really qualify as being "generic", but by all means....to each his own. I personally think that it is going to be an excellent horror game.

Chaos_Daro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 Chaos_Daro
Member since 2006 • 1818 Posts
The story and atmosphere is reallydrawing me to this game. But gameplay videos are putting me off slightly. I might just rent it to get me in the halloween spirit but I'll wait for reviews before I consider buying it.
mindz2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mindz2004
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts

im hoping its gonna be good, the trailer was amazing

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#46 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

Is there a demo for this?

And lol at blatant sexuality at this title.

chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts

I'll play this just for the story, the gameplay just seems OK, with nice atmosphere. The best thing is the different characters and their special powers like homing bullets and mind control. Plus 'The First Born' should be a great final boss, something that's incredibly hard to find in shooters.

Seriously, WTF is with that? Are they trying to be realistic or something? More likely they're just copying Half-Life 2.

michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 michael098
Member since 2006 • 3441 Posts
I was looking forward to it until i saw the gameplay videos, just didn't look that scary. Ill still rent it to see what its like though.
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
Horror Shooter Genre seems to be booming again ^_^ Can't wait.
joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
bring it on!!!