Circana - Starfield fails to move Xbox consoles - More sales on PC than Xbox - PS5 #1

• 177 results
Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11256 Posts

September US sales are here. Starfield is the top selling game as expected, with the help of Steam. So it looks like PC gamers resisted the Game Pass claptrap and bought a copy instead. Xbox didn't see a much of a boost in console sales, showing Xbox hardware is flatlining (again) and no one game will really bring it up.

The top twenty games for the month

Congrats to Xbox for spending 7 billion to get the top spot this month, even though it's a pyrrhic victory. Too bad it didn't help hardware though

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13087 Posts

Not only did Xbox have an increase for September (PS5 sales dropped), it was the best Xbox unit sales since 7 years ago! Starfield moving units big time. Hello!

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1279 Posts

But I thought PC players were a bunch of pirates?????

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44481 Posts

Congrats to Microsoft and Bethesda on delivering the goods with Starfield.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1384 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

September US sales are here. Starfield is the top selling game as expected, with the help of Steam. So it looks like PC gamers resisted the Game Pass claptrap and bought a copy instead. Xbox didn't see a much of a boost in console sales, showing Xbox hardware is flatlining (again) and no one game will really bring it up.

Congrats to Xbox for spending 7 billion to get the top spot this month, even though it's a pyrrhic victory. Too bad it didn't help hardware though

Talk about self ownage 🤣😂

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KvallyX

@saint-george said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Yeah, he didn't think that one through very well lol. Flopic. Funny how he didn't post all the relevant tweets from Mat.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

Wow, FFXVI failed in Japan, Sony fanboys said was just Japan. Then it flopped in UK, they said was only UK and Japan. But now we find out it flopped in NA also.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BenjaminBanklin

@kvallyx said:

Not only did Xbox have an increase for September (PS5 sales dropped), it was the best Xbox unit sales since 7 years ago! Starfield moving units big time. Hello!

Not an impressive metric. PS5 still blew it out the water

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11697 Posts

Those evil PC pirates carrying Starfield sales, what a shame.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1384 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@saint-george said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Yeah, he didn't think that one through very well lol. Flopic. Funny how he didn't post all the relevant tweets from Mat.

Phil destroying jim ryan,Xbox feasting on games and call of duty now being xbox studios has frazzled their tiny minds...........bless

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12355 Posts

Single digit growth after dropping Starfield ... ouch.

@kvallyx: Not a single PlayStation exclusive in 11 months(?) and, PlayStation still comes out on top. Yikes.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
@Nonstop-Madness said:

Single digit growth after dropping Starfield ... ouch.

@kvallyx: Not a single PlayStation exclusive in 11 months(?) and, PlayStation still comes out on top. Yikes.

It's dead, folks. Looks like MS couldn't fast travel their box to the top of the sales chart. 🤣

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

@kvallyx said:

Mat Piscatella: For a Sep... Sep 2023 Xbox ecosystem units highest since Sep 2016, dollars highest since Sep 2014. Sep.

Notice the keyword?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KvallyX

@me2002 said:
@kvallyx said:

Mat Piscatella: For a Sep... Sep 2023 Xbox ecosystem units highest since Sep 2016, dollars highest since Sep 2014. Sep.

Notice the keyword?

We noticed every keyword!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70250 Posts

So much for Starfield flopping.😂

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2619 Posts

Lems don't buy games confirmed. This isn't the message you wanna send Phil and Co. Xbox twitter folks have been feeling "forgotten" by PC in the past. Hermits spending more money on Xbox games than Lemmings is just gonna make it worse. But please. Keep up the "value" silliness. Lets see where that get you

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KvallyX

@ghostofgolden said:

Lems don't buy games confirmed. This isn't the message you wanna send Phil and Co. Xbox twitter folks have been feeling "forgotten" by PC in the past. Hermits spending more money on Xbox games than Lemmings is just gonna make it worse. But please. Keep up the "value" silliness. Lets see where that get you

So, let me get this right. Xbox is the only console to have an increase in September due to Starfield. Starfield is currently the number one game played on Xbox. Starfield is the 7th best selling game this year, and best selling game in September on Xbox and PC. Starfield has outsold every exclusive that PS had in 2023. There are hundreds of millions of PCs to 23 million Xbox consoles, and Game Pass is availble on PC and Xbox.

Looks like the "Lems" have not only increased Xbox sales and Starfield sales, many of them are also enjoying the game on Game Pass.

And it hit over 10 million players in less than 3 weeks.

Glad see the cows in denial, desperation and despair.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BenjaminBanklin

@kvallyx said:

So, let me get this right. Xbox is the only console to have an increase in September due to Starfield. Starfield is currently the number one game played on Xbox. Starfield is the 7th best selling game this year, and best selling game in September on Xbox and PC. Starfield has outsold every exclusive that PS had in 2023. There are hundreds of millions of PCs to 23 million Xbox consoles, and Game Pass is availble on PC and Xbox.

Looks like the "Lems" have not only increased Xbox sales and Starfield sales, many of them are also enjoying the game on Game Pass.

a) PC did all the heavy lifting

b) Starfield is currently number 6 on Xbox most played

c) Spider-Man 2 isn't out yet

There's no spinning that Starfield didn't do crap for Xbox HW. Even Philly Boy knows this. TLHBO!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pedro

It must be really rough being forced to move the goalpost with Starfield being number 1 in sales and being on Gamepass.🤭

Gamepass value FTW

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KvallyX

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@kvallyx said:

There's no spinning that Starfield didn't do crap for Xbox HW. Even Philly Boy knows this. TLHBO!

d) PC and Xbox did the heavy lifting, as shown by Circana with Xbox being the only console to see an increase in sales, and the best unit sales and revenue in 6 and 7 years for September.

e) Starfield is currently number 1 on Xbox most played

f) What did I say about Spider-Man 2 in my post you replied to?

Xbox Most Played
Xbox Most Played

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17456 Posts

So Game Pass kills game sales......but also those who buy it are rejecting Game Pass??

Wait.....what??

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pedro

@navyguy21 said:

So Game Pass kills game sales......but also those who buy it are rejecting Game Pass??

Wait.....what??

These folks can't make up their mind but thus the reason they are always concerned.🤭

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BenjaminBanklin

@kvallyx said:

d) PC and Xbox did the heavy lifting, as shown by Circana with Xbox being the only console to see an increase in sales, and the best unit sales and revenue in 6 and 7 years for September.

Xbox Most Played
Xbox Most Played

Nope, check the link. number 6. Also, September's sales numbers...

PS5: 480k

XBS: 300k

NSW: 200k

LOL! You're adding to the heavy lifting with those goal posts. Xbox got smoked even with Bethesda on their team

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@kvallyx said:

Xbox Most Played
Xbox Most Played

Starfield is currently ranked 6th on the xbox most played game list. I don't expect a huge decline for that game anytime soon because of what is in the works for that game.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1185 Posts

You can bet that the next month Starfield will be out of top 10

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1185 Posts
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@kvallyx said:

And that's the main problem for Xbox which Xbox fandom won't accept.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By super600  Moderator
@loudheadphones said:

Probably. Mirage(maybe), Wonder, and Spiderman will take three spots easily. Maybe MWIII will take another spot to, but it might release to late to count for october.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KvallyX

@super600 said:
@kvallyx said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@kvallyx said:

Xbox Most Played
Xbox Most Played

Starfield is currently ranked 6th on the xbox most played game list.

It's currently ranked 1st on the Xbox most played game list.

@loudheadphones said:

Kinda like how all PS games are out of the top 10 right now? I mean, the only PS game in the top 20 is GT7....and Sea of Thieves outsold every other PS game last month.

Let that sink in.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KvallyX
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@kvallyx said:

Xbox Most Played
Xbox Most Played

Nope, check the link. number 6. Also, September's sales numbers...

PS5: 480k

XBS: 300k

NSW: 200k

LOL! You're adding to the heavy lifting with those goal posts. Xbox got smoked even with Bethesda on their team

Yup, number 1. Check my screenshot.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By super600  Moderator

@kvallyx

Not according to this page.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/most-played/games/xbox

It's not even number 1 on trueacheivements list. I don't think it matters how high starfield is on that list because I expect it to stay around the top 10 maybe top 15 at worst for the rest of the year.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BenjaminBanklin

@super600 said:

@kvallyx

He always refers to TrueAchievements BS, instead of the official source

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KvallyX
@super600 said:

@kvallyx

Ok?

Ah, looks like it dropped from #1 to #4 since I last looked:

Seems that Xbox has 4 XGS games in the top 10. Nice.

https://www.trueachievements.com/xbox-chart

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By super600  Moderator
@kvallyx said:
@super600 said:

@kvallyx

Ok?

I don't think it matters anyway. Single Player games aren't going to be number 1 on that list forever. It's mostly a multiplayer driven list(i.e. Cod, Fortnite, Apex). The fact starfield was number 1 or 2 in the list for like a month was a nice bonus.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KvallyX

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@super600 said:

@kvallyx

Oh wait, now it doesn't count? LOL. I used to refer to the official Xbox one from Microsoft, but some cows here told me it doesn't count.

Come on guys, at least be consistent!

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KvallyX
@super600 said:
@kvallyx said:
@super600 said:

@kvallyx

Ok?

I don't think it matters anyway. Single Player games aren't going to be number 1 on that list forever. It's mostly a multiplayer driven list(i.e. Cod, Fortnite, Apex). The fact starfield was number 1 or 2 in the list for like a month was a nice bonus.

Yeah APEX/COD/FORT are never ending.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By super600  Moderator
@kvallyx said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@super600 said:

@kvallyx

Oh wait, now it doesn't count? LOL. I used to refer to the official Xbox one from Microsoft, but some cows here told me it doesn't count.

Trueacheivements only uses data from 2.4 million active xbox users for their list. I think the offical one includes more people.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BenjaminBanklin

@kvallyx said:

It never counted. You may as well be quoting VGChartz at this point

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KvallyX

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@kvallyx said:

It never counted. You may as well be quoting VGChartz at this point

According to who, you? Keep trying with your lying thread LOL

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

Thread title:"Starfield fails to move Xbox consoles" and OP contents "Single-digit percentage growth in consumer spending on Xbox Series hardware..."

Did OP forget to read his own source?🤔

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KvallyX
@super600 said:
@kvallyx said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@super600 said:

@kvallyx

Trueacheivements only uses data from 2.4 million active xbox users for their list. I think the offical one includes more people.

I tried to use the official one in the past, but some members (cows) said that they felt that their filters were rigged, or MS rigged the site to push up their own games or that it was photoshopped when the screenshot was posted (even though the link was provided). Then they decided to say it was regional and it didn't count.

Trueachievements doesn't do by region, it's worldwide.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n35488/introducing-the-xbox-gameplay-chart

Each chart follows these key points:

• The chart is compiled on a Monday morning, and takes gameplay data from the previous 7 days.
  • The data is taken from a huge pool of active Xbox gamers (over 2 million)
  • The gamers come from everywhere across the globe
  • The gamers are not just TrueAchievements users, it's a general cross section of Xbox gamers
  • We are not looking at achievement data — if someone plays a game and doesn't unlock anything, it still counts
  • We will not be releasing individual numbers for each game, just their chart positions
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BenjaminBanklin

@kvallyx said:

Super literally just told you why it's bunk. How do you manage to type from your own ass? I'm sorry, you don't get to control the narrative today. Go back to Twitter and consult with them on how to spin this 🤣

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KvallyX

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@kvallyx said:

Super literally just told you why it's bunk. How do you manage to type from your own ass? I'm sorry, you don't get to control the narrative today. Go back to Twitter and consult with them on how to spin this 🤣

You try way too hard, only to come out...on the bottom. You lied in your thread, and now you are literally lying right now. You need to provide a source stating that Truachievements never counted here. You made the claim, not me.

Let's see how you either deflect or spin this one.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BenjaminBanklin

@kvallyx said:

You try way too hard, only to come out...on the bottom. You lied in your thread, and now you are literally lying right now. You need to provide a source stating that Truachievements never counted here. You made the claim, not me.

I'm telling you it doesn't count period. You really can't say you rather follow the guestimates of a pool of 2 million people as opposed to the official source itself. All this damage control has come at the cost of using any cognitive brain function. You are not taking this loss well. Starfield didn't do SHIT for moving Xbox consoles.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By super600  Moderator
@kvallyx said:
@super600 said:
@kvallyx said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

I tried to use the official one in the past, but some members (cows) said that they felt that their filters were rigged, or MS rigged the site to push up their own games or that it was photoshopped when the screenshot was posted (even though the link was provided). Then they decided to say it was regional and it didn't count.

Trueachievements doesn't do by region, it's worldwide.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n35488/introducing-the-xbox-gameplay-chart

Each chart follows these key points:

• The chart is compiled on a Monday morning, and takes gameplay data from the previous 7 days.
  • The data is taken from a huge pool of active Xbox gamers (over 2 million)
  • The gamers come from everywhere across the globe
  • The gamers are not just TrueAchievements users, it's a general cross section of Xbox gamers
  • We are not looking at achievement data — if someone plays a game and doesn't unlock anything, it still counts
  • We will not be releasing individual numbers for each game, just their chart positions

Yeah. I totally forgot the official one is regional. Trueacheivements is another resource to use for an alternative list to the official one. You can get a good idea of where each game ranks globally though using the MS most played games list by looking at each region.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KvallyX

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@kvallyx said:

I'm telling you it doesn't count period. You really can't say you rather follow the guestimates of a pool of 2 million people as opposed to the official source itself. All this damage control has come at the cost of using any cognitive brain function. You are not taking this loss well. Starfield didn't do SHIT for moving Xbox consoles.

Now we know you are joking. Warn us next time. I almost thought you were serious.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50647 Posts

@kvallyx: You're full of it. 🤣

We all showed you with no filters where Halo was and you plugged your ears and covered your eyes haha.

We even showed you the games missing from your list!

🙉🙈

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KvallyX

@Chutebox said:

@kvallyx: You're full of it. 🤣

We all showed you with no filters where Halo was and you plugged your ears and covered your eyes haha.

We even showed you the games missing from your list!

🙉🙈

Not true at all! lol. 😂

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7716 Posts

was most likely quite the slaughter in EU, ps5 had an over 100€ discount + bundled NHL/Fifa 24

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

Couldn't of said it better myself.

Sad times.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6635 Posts

I keep saying that Sony is a cult and this further proves it. Even with no first party games Sony can sell its PS5. Its selling on name alone.

Instead of wondering when Sony's next single player game is coming from they're celebrating a victory of sales, more consoles sold, less games 🤦‍♂️