Can someone explain why , no Manhunt 2 for 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChocolatePimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ChocolatePimp
Member since 2005 • 476 Posts
Yeah, I found out yesterday that , there was a,MANHUNT 2 coming out , I understand why its on Ps2, and ps3 owners could just buy it  and play it , and I really understand why its on Wii , which is a great IDEA!!! but why no 360??? it would look , and sell just as good as the other versions.I loved the original manhunt , I even re-bought it for xbox after my ps2 broke. I would like manhunt 2 for my 360 ,but ..WHY no MH2 for 360???I don't know much about manhunt 2 but I would Like some info.
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts
Because Manhunt was never a good game...and Manhunt 2 will be as bad.
TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts
Time and money.  They would have to redo the entire graphics engine to even make it presentable.  And I agree that manhunt wasn't that good... but if anything can make it spectacular it would be the ability to REALLY strangle people with the Wii.  Hell if i was making the game, I would make it a little more real and use the cord from the nunchuck and remote as a default weapon.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
You want another Gun? [by graphical standards of course]
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
Explain to me why Manhunt one was even made?
oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 oldskooler79
Member since 2004 • 1632 Posts

Graphics aside, why can't X360 get in on this controversial game? It would be sweet if 360 had an uncut version with enhanced visuals later down the road. I bet it would sell good.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
I think it has to do with time and resources. Rockstar can easily make the game for the PS2 and Wii using limited manpower and cash because of the controversial nature of the game. As we've already seen the game was almost cancelled once, and it would have taken a significantly higher amount of cash and man-hours to develop the game for the 360. However if Manhunt 2 sells well it could come to the 360 because of the Bully port.
ginglejangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ginglejangle
Member since 2007 • 3171 Posts
its for ps3? sweet.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

I think it has to do with time and resources. Rockstar can easily make the game for the PS2 and Wii using limited manpower and cash because of the controversial nature of the game. As we've already seen the game was almost cancelled once, and it would have taken a significantly higher amount of cash and man-hours to develop the game for the 360. However if Manhunt 2 sells well it could come to the 360 because of the Bully port.PBSnipes

Bully port? You mean the Xbox version?

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts

Wasnt the first Manhunt on the Xbox?

Anyways it's going to be on the PS2, PSP, and Wii. Sorry lemmings you won't be getting the game:cry:

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

its for ps3? sweet.ginglejangle

It's a PS2 game and your PS3 is backward's compatible wise-guy.

Hangman550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hangman550
Member since 2007 • 178 Posts

This would require Microsoft to throw more money at the situation (They just paid R* a crap ton for GTAIV stuff)

anyways... just play the game on the ps2

joshuarocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 joshuarocker
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts
As has been said. Its all about money and resources. The game will probably look about the same on the PS2 and Wii. THey would have to re-do the whole graphics engine for the 360. I will be buying this for my Wii. Its one of the few games i've been looking forward to for nintendo's console.
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
Because the game has last-gen visuals, so it's on PS2 and Wii.
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
Because its not on the PS3? :? Same reason.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

beacue maybe manhunt didnt sell as well as rockstar hope on xbox. so there trying the wii?

also reggie like beg rockstar to put some mature titiles on the wii

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

Manhunt was awesome. It had great gunplay in addition to above average stealth mechanics. It was a challenging and satisfying experience. I don't know why some people bag on it. Its AA at Gamespot and 77% on Gameranking brought down by these ridiculous views that give it the equivalent of 1 star or a 3 or 4 out of ten ranking. By the time you get to the part where you are killing the crooked cops (everyone is evil in the game basically) it becomes EPIC.

I guess they have been working on a sequel for awhile and they didn't use next-gen quality stuff so they didn't bother with a next-gen version. I respect them for that because games like GUN and TH:AW should not have been ported to 360.

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts
Maybe if Microsoft actually kept supporting the Xbox you lemmings would probally get Manhunt 2 :|
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wavebrid

I think it has to do with time and resources. Rockstar can easily make the game for the PS2 and Wii using limited manpower and cash because of the controversial nature of the game. As we've already seen the game was almost cancelled once, and it would have taken a significantly higher amount of cash and man-hours to develop the game for the 360. However if Manhunt 2 sells well it could come to the 360 because of the Bully port.PBSnipes

one too bad two diffrent developers are working on wii and ps2 titile

:|

second they both work on it at same time

thrid wii is the better verison accodring to ign and some other sites.

oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 oldskooler79

Manhunt was awesome. It had great gunplay in addition to above average stealth mechanics. It was a challenging and satisfying experience. I don't know why some people bag on it. Its AA at Gamespot and 77% on Gameranking brought down by these ridiculous views that give it the equivalent of 1 star or a 3 or 4 out of ten ranking. By the time you get to the part where you are killing the crooked cops (everyone is evil in the game basically) it becomes EPIC.

I guess they have been working on a sequel for awhile and they didn't use next-gen quality stuff so they didn't bother with a next-gen version. I respect them for that because games like GUN and TH:AW should not have been ported to 360.

JiveT

Well true but I hope they give us a special edition like they are doing with Bully.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

o.o Itsn't it obvious?

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wavebrid
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

oldskooler79

Well true but I hope they give us a special edition like they are doing with Bully.

all there doing is adding extra conetent for bully on 360 and wii

oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 oldskooler79
In fact, if they announced 6 months after Manhunt 2 released that their would be the original cut for 360/PS3 then I'm almost positive it would be one of the most anticipated games in awhile. I for one would go nuts to get my hands on it. I'll keep my fingers crossed LOL.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#24 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

Graphics aside, why can't X360 get in on this controversial game? It would be sweet if 360 had an uncut version with enhanced visuals later down the road. I bet it would sell good.

oldskooler79

How would it get an "uncut" version?

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
I'm fairly sure it isn't on the PS3. If it is, that's news to me. I thought it was a PS2 and Wii game.
ginglejangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ginglejangle
Member since 2007 • 3171 Posts

Because its not on the PS3? :? Same reason.Cedmln

but you can play it on ps3 :)

oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 oldskooler79
[QUOTE="oldskooler79"]

GamerForca

How would it get an "uncut" version?

I'm speaking of the AO release. I know that Microsoft wouldn't allow that on their console but maybe after the hype dies out, then Rockstar can do some enhancements with it and restore just some of the content that they had to leave on the cutting floor in order to obtain the "M" rating. I know it sounds bogus.. wishful thinking on my part.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts

it WAS going to be on the 360 but Microsoft won't allow a game that graphic(It's basically a murder simulator... And I mean LITERALLY amurdersimulator)on the console so they had it cancelled.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts
I guess Rockstar didn't want there to be.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#30 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
I guess Rockstar didn't want there to be.Heil68
The only reason I came into this thread is because I saw you posted in it. Seems you hit the nail on the head, once again.
Sonic_on_crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sonic_on_crack
Member since 2007 • 2428 Posts

Because Manhunt was never a good game...and Manhunt 2 will be as bad.MADVLAD123

Someone give this man a freaking medal .

mgsbethatgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mgsbethatgame
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

Because Manhunt was never a good game...and Manhunt 2 will be as bad.MADVLAD123

you sir are sad and manhunt 1 sold better on ps2 and manhunt 2 will probably sell better on ps2 then wii. manhunt 1 equals AA sir

liljio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#33 liljio14
Member since 2007 • 2193 Posts

oldskooler79

liar u just said grapics a side in the beginning then you change it up at the end no wonder japan thinks never mind