Can PS Now bring back old games with trophy support?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Tqricardinho (477 posts) -

There's not much to say actually. Do you think they can or will? Bring PS1/PS2 and early PS3 games that had no trophy support and introduce them to the world of trophies?

#2 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4325 posts) -

I doubt it, but you never know.

#3 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

That's the plan

#4 Posted by cloudff7tm (3975 posts) -

That would be awesome if they could.

#5 Posted by DrRockso87 (2628 posts) -

They filed a patent for it so it's possible.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/03/sonys_latest_patent_could_bring_trophies_to_older_games

Would love to replay the two Ratchet & Clank titles on PS3 and Heavenly Sword for trophies (plus dozens of PSOne titles like Crash Bandicoot).

#6 Posted by DocSanchez (4205 posts) -

I'd love it. I don't know why they haven't added them before to the likes of the PS One classics and the PSP games. I'd love to aim for a platinum on Symphony of the Night.

#7 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (28915 posts) -

@DocSanchez said:

I'd love it. I don't know why they haven't added them before to the likes of the PS One classics and the PSP games. I'd love to aim for a platinum on Symphony of the Night.

cant you get trophies on the SOTN on the playstaiton arcade offerings like the SOTN on XBLA?

#8 Posted by getyeryayasout (11309 posts) -

Trophy support could be the thing that really gets the ball rolling for PS Now early adopters. I recall reading an article with a dev (don't remember who) and they said it was a pretty difficult thing to add achievements (they were talking Xbox) retroactively. I hope they'll add trophies, but I'm not holding my breath.

#9 Posted by bfmv2007 (292 posts) -

I don't see it happening personally, but it is very well possible. The big question is, is Sony really going to sit down and make up trophies for potentially a 10+ year old game.

#10 Posted by DocSanchez (4205 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker: SOTN isn't just a digital download, it's part of the PS One originals series which are included as they were without any bells and whistles. Which is a shame. I've got it on both Xbox Live and PSN because I rebought it so I could play it on Vita.

#11 Posted by Spartan070 (16402 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@DocSanchez said:

cant you get trophies on the SOTN on the playstaiton arcade offerings like the SOTN on XBLA?

Greatest game of all time.

#12 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

I'm certain achievements have to be coded into a game (given they trigger when certain actions occur in a game).

PS Now is just a streaming platform. It's not doing anything to the underlying code of a game.