Can a copycat game become a Killer App? No

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iqbalo_cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 iqbalo_cool
Member since 2006 • 52 Posts

Recently, ps3 fans talk about nothing but killzone 2 lately. And the reason is simple, ps3 haven't really got a true killer app they can boast about. So, they are trying to prove how killzone 2 is the best there is.

I have read a lot of reviews about killzone 2. Im sure most of you here have read them as well. Onething you will notice that all the reviewers say this game is derivative. Its gameplay, art styyle story everything is similar to the previous big shooters. In a word it follows cliches very well.

alien invasion? check
grim environment? check
bulky looking, man of few words cliched marine as hero? check
contemporary weapons in so far in the future? check
cover system? check

It even follows the short singleplayer/ lot of multiplayer rule of fps games lately. Clearly sony created this game as a "Bigger/better" answer to gears of war/ halo games. One review article even said this game is a gears of war clone. and after reading the similarities thearticle mentioned, it does feel writer is right. Those who have played this game have felt for atleast once.."hey, this was in game x right?"

No doubt its a really really good game. Its the best looking, fun to play etc...all the critics say that. But is there a single game in the history of gaming, that brought nothing new and innovative yet became a very popular or "killer app"? NO

All the games derive somethings from earlier games, thats obvious. But killergames are those that bring something new. Doom made fps mainstream. half life took it to the next level. Halo 1 literally created console fps...so many games like gears, resistance, killzone follows its alien sci-fi, 2 gun at a time, some vehicle rule. halo 2 made online console gaming mainstream. Every console fps derived from halo multiplayer. Metal gear solid blended movies and gaming, GTA created sandbox genre, gears of war made cover system mainstream. Now even GTA and 50 cent game has cover system. Even halo 3 brought forge and saved films.
Every single great game that comes in your mind brought something new. What does killzone 2 bring? NOTHING

So, its fate will be just like many other derivative games. Look at crysis. maybe all pc fans talk about crysis. Its amaizing looking game and plays well too. But it didn't sell that well, neither is it a killer app. Because its similar to far cry in many ways. It brought nothing new. ultimately its just a good game not great.

Killzone 2 is already slipping is sales and actually got beaten by a PC RTS. ps3 fans are probably boasting abt it so much but what is the view of general public about this game? Its a very good looking game and all. But it plays like say halo or gears or even resistance 2. After seeing this game many ps3 users (apart from fan boys) will feel I already have COD or resistance. Why buy the same game that just looks better?

A copycat game can never be a killer app. It can never be really popular. It has to bring atleast something new. otherwize it will go into oblivion.

chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts

ummm Gears of War came out AFTER the first Killzone

Research is fun, k?

MrSlippery39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 MrSlippery39
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts

In b4 the stampeding flaming herd.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50676 Posts

Research is fun, k?

chutup

This, also there is no alien invasion...Unless you consider ISA the aliens.

And I'll ask this again, what exactly did Gears bring to the table that was new?

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Damn, i wish i could bull**** that much.
adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 adizorz
Member since 2008 • 1410 Posts

man system wars is so effing pointless

EDIT:

by your arguement every shooter has to be completely original to those before it, that my friend is effing impossible.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

We must give credit to haters they sure gave out their best (still do) to somehow dimish the greatness that Killzone2 managed to achieve...

Just let it go haters, you got owned, KZ2 did deliver upon expectations, it is the best looking title currently available on consoles, it has a good sp campaing, solid gameplay and awesome mp...

Just for the record theHelghast are not aliens....

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

[QUOTE="chutup"]

Research is fun, k?

Chutebox

And I'll ask this again, what exactly did Gears bring to the table that was new?

I think Epic introduced "active reloading". Really nice and useful online :).
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Episode_Eve
Man, Lionheart08's 5 steps to getting Killzowned is further coming to fruition :D.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chutebox
Man, Lionheart08's 5 steps to getting Killzowned is further coming to fruition :D.Episode_Eve
Haha, that thing is epic and very true. The bear gets me every time... Didn't know Epic introduced the active loading either, nice feature for the game.
iqbalo_cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iqbalo_cool

[QUOTE="chutup"] This, also there is no alien invasion...Unless you consider ISA the aliens.

Chutebox
I think even you will admit before gears cover system wasn't mainstream. Now its a staple of shooter games. So this what gears is known for. And we are talking about killzone 2 here. killzone 1 is not even a good game as killzone 2 is.

man system wars is so effing pointless

EDIT:

by your arguement every shooter has to be completely original to those before it, that my friend is effing impossible.

adizorz
I think you haven't read my post well. I said all games derive from previous games but they also bring something new. Halo or half life wasn't totally original. You can say they derived from doom. But still they derived and also added new things. Thats why they are great. Im not saying a game has to be totally original to become great. But atleast it needs to bring something original to its context.

We must give credit to haters they sure gave out their best (still do) to somehow dimish the greatness that Killzone2 managed to achieve...

Just let it go haters, you got owned, KZ2 did deliver upon expectations, it is the best looking title currently available on consoles, it has a good sp campaing, solid gameplay and awesome mp...

Just for the record theHelghast are not aliens....

Malta_1980
I don't hate killzone 2. I say its a really good game and it does have the BEST looks. But the whole point is, its experience is not different from resistance or COD or others. Thats why it will always be known as a very good game but not great. Just look at crysis. Is it a killer game? No? is it a really really good game? yes.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chutebox

But cover shooting isn't original from Gears, so that kind of defeats your whole thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
If we wanna play that game, EVERY game is a copycat from other(s) with a few extras.
king_bobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 king_bobo
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="chutup"]

Research is fun, k?

AAllxxjjnn

But cover shooting isn't original from Gears, so that kind of defeats your whole thread.

Chutebox

I think we can declare iqbalo_cool officially owned, and can draw this thread to a close, unless you wish to continue to beat him while he's down...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chutebox

I think we can declare iqbalo_cool officially owned, and can draw this thread to a close, unless you wish to continue to beat him while he's down...

king_bobo

No doubt, happened pretty damn fast too.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Episode_Eve
Hey, KZ2 is it's own game. Play mechanics and visuals included. The only thing similar to CoD an R2 is that you can aim down iron sights. And GG even have a different take on that.
iqbalo_cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 iqbalo_cool

Chutebox
did I ever say cover shooting is original from gears? read my post again. I said it brought cover system to the mainstream. and even you can't deny that. only after gears do we many games have cover systems.
iqbalo_cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iqbalo_cool
Hey, KZ2 is it's own game. Play mechanics and visuals included. The only thing similar to CoD an R2 is that you can aim down iron sights. And GG even have a different take on that.Episode_Eve
I have a question to all killzone 2 fans. tell me what is new in killzone 2 that is not in any other game? no...I don't think u can answer that. i narrow it down further. What is new in killzone 2 that is not in any other console game? No you won't be able to answer that as well. What is new in killzone 2 that is not in any other ps3 game? Can you find even that? I doubt it. Just tell me as a general ps3 user not a fan. Why should I buy this game if I already have say, resistance 2. I think the experience is the same.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]Hey, KZ2 is it's own game. Play mechanics and visuals included. The only thing similar to CoD an R2 is that you can aim down iron sights. And GG even have a different take on that.iqbalo_cool
I have a question to all killzone 2 fans. tell me what is new in killzone 2 that is not in any other game? no...I don't think u can answer that. i narrow it down further. What is new in killzone 2 that is not in any other console game? No you won't be able to answer that as well. What is new in killzone 2 that is not in any other ps3 game? Can you find even that? I doubt it. Just tell me as a general ps3 user not a fan. Why should I buy this game if I already have say, resistance 2. I think the experience is the same.

This just in, every game in the same genre is the same! :o Dude how about playing the game? The game's amazing, it looks incredibly feels very unique and the online is just insane.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-63f6895020e66
[QUOTE="iqbalo_cool"] I have a question to all killzone 2 fans. tell me what is new in killzone 2 that is not in any other game?

Why is that relevant? If a game is fun that's the only thing that matters.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chutebox

did I ever say cover shooting is original from gears? read my post again. I said it brought cover system to the mainstream. and even you can't deny that. only after gears do we many games have cover systems.iqbalo_cool

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]Hey, KZ2 is it's own game. Play mechanics and visuals included. The only thing similar to CoD an R2 is that you can aim down iron sights. And GG even have a different take on that.iqbalo_cool

Gotta make up your mind man.

Tell me since you obviously only care for completely original titles, what does your library look like?

AND you obviously have no clue about KZ2 judging by your checklist.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

And Gears is a walking + shooting and cover mod for RE4. :shock:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

[QUOTE="iqbalo_cool"] I have a question to all killzone 2 fans. tell me what is new in killzone 2 that is not in any other game? IronBass

Wrong. A game has to make you wave the controller around in silly movements for it be fun! Innovation is the key in gaming! :D

Innovation is overrated. Gears stole from RE4.

/Thread

mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mmirza23
Member since 2004 • 3457 Posts
First person cover system? If i see a system like that implemented into COD MW 2 or any other FPS's from here on out, KZ2 WILL be known as the game that established that. Also the same reviews say that while it does take ideas from other games it takes those ideas and takes it to a new level which makes it a unique experience.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chutebox

[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="iqbalo_cool"] I have a question to all killzone 2 fans. tell me what is new in killzone 2 that is not in any other game? Aljosa23

Wrong. A game has to make you wave the controller around in silly movements for it be fun! Innovation is the key in gaming! :D

Innovation is overrated. Gears stole from RE4.

/Thread

KZ2 does that. ;)

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Halo was a copycat as much as KZ2 is and Halo is pretty much the very definition of "killer app"

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Episode_Eve

OK... A game doesn't have to do anything innovative to warrant play and purchase. But this is what KZ2 does new for console shooters. - In game clan creation/matches/tournaments. It's all tied to a currency based leader board called Valor Points. - Battle Replay: you can watch every match you've (or anyone else) played. Its similar to recorded fantasy sports game tracking/statistics. Aside from that, there are many twists on existing standards. It ranges from the core physics based play mechanics to 1st person cover. Now, I've purchased Gears 1&2, Halo 3, CoD4, R2, and KZ2 this generation. Each game offers a unique enough experience to fairly warrant play/purchase. Your argument can be swayed either way, affecting each game's worth. If that's your outlook...then you only need one shooter this gen...
adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 adizorz

I think you haven't read my post well. I said all games derive from previous games but they also bring something new. Halo or half life wasn't totally original. You can say they derived from doom. But still they derived and also added new things. Thats why they are great. Im not saying a game has to be totally original to become great. But atleast it needs to bring something original to its context. [/QUOTE="Malta_1980"]

ah sorry i must have misinterpreted your words.

i think the physics are pretty innovative and it actually develops into a game mechanics, like those gas cylinders lying on the floor, especially the tall narrow ones, if one of them is lying in the direction of the enemy i shoot it at the bottom, it creates a hole and creates a propulsion that rockets it to the enemy and BOOM goes the helghast, i thought that was pretty innovative. Also i think the pacing of the game generally helps the shooters on consoles i mean we can atleast agree that ggame controllers are **** for first person shooters, but since killzone is slower paced you don't really notice as much as you do in other, faster paced games like call of duty 4, and that helps the player be immersed in the game, albiet the story definitley brings you back to reality, not to mention the obviously american targeted voice acting(which is terrible, mainly the script actually and direction not really the voice actors fault), why do people think that all american's are fratboys?(i am Australian btw but even i can see the truth).

This game is all about immersion, thats why reviewers were saying that "well it doesn't bring anything really but damn if it isn't an experience". They were immersed in the planet of the helghast it felt like a total war, twas epic.

Just thinking about your title wasn't halo 3 a copycat game of the previous halo games, you say hey but its a sequel its meant to be the same thing sorta, but then you agree that you actually wanted the same thing, so whats wrong with a copy cat game if it gives you what you desire, i mean as long as it is well made what is the big deal if it is a copy cat game, sure it stands in the way of innovation but generally so does the entire fps genre stand in the way of its own innovation by trying to emulate the succes of previously succesful games, killzone 2 tried that with TF2 halo3 and call of duty 4, and on some notes suceeded.(nobody is stupid enough to copy half life 2, they know they will fail, *cough*bioshock...*cough*).

Really only crytek and valve actually bring innovation to this age in terms of first person shooters everything else is just a fratboy's casual chillout session and there is nothing wrong with that except when they call it 'core'.

iqbalo_cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 iqbalo_cool

[QUOTE="iqbalo_cool"]

[QUOTE="iqbalo_cool"][QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]Hey, KZ2 is it's own game. Play mechanics and visuals included. The only thing similar to CoD an R2 is that you can aim down iron sights. And GG even have a different take on that.Chutebox

Tell me since you obviously only care for completely original titles, what does your library look like?

I play games that are not great as well. But this debate is not whether killzone 2 is a really really good game or whether it has the best graphics and all. I say it has the best graphics, it is very fun to play. and im sure many people will like it. But the way ps3 fans are saying it is a killer game....that is my objection. It is a very good game. The best looking game now. But it is not a Killer game like gears or halo or gta was. and soon ps3 fans will get a better game like say resistance 3. and people will forget this game. but people can still play half life 1 and find it good. thats the difference between very good games and killer games.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Episode_Eve
I'd like to add that akin to Halo 3 and CoD 4. Aspects of KZ2 will be taken into consideration for 'standards for the genre' in the future. It has already begun!
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Chutebox

I play games that are not great as well. But this debate is not whether killzone 2 is a really really good game or whether it has the best graphics and all. I say it has the best graphics, it is very fun to play. and im sure many people will like it. But the way ps3 fans are saying it is a killer game....that is my objection. It is a very good game. The best looking game now. But it is not a Killer game like gears or halo or gta was. and soon ps3 fans will get a better game like say resistance 3. and people will forget this game. but people can still play half life 1 and find it good. thats the difference between very good games and killer games.iqbalo_cool

So you're saying people still play Gears 1(maybe), Halo 1, and the first GTA? Really?

To me, the bolded is what makes a killer game...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

I play games that are not great as well. But this debate is not whether killzone 2 is a really really good game or whether it has the best graphics and all. I say it has the best graphics, it is very fun to play. and im sure many people will like it. But the way ps3 fans are saying it is a killer game....that is my objection. It is a very good game. The best looking game now. But it is not a Killer game like gears or halo or gta was. and soon ps3 fans will get a better game like say resistance 3. and people will forget this game. but people can still play half life 1 and find it good. thats the difference between very good games and killer games.iqbalo_cool
Crysis has better graphics than KZ2.

adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 adizorz

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="iqbalo_cool"] I have a question to all killzone 2 fans. tell me what is new in killzone 2 that is not in any other game? no...I don't think u can answer that. i narrow it down further. What is new in killzone 2 that is not in any other console game? No you won't be able to answer that as well. What is new in killzone 2 that is not in any other ps3 game? Can you find even that? I doubt it. Just tell me as a general ps3 user not a fan. Why should I buy this game if I already have say, resistance 2. I think the experience is the same.iqbalo_cool

I play games that are not great as well. But this debate is not whether killzone 2 is a really really good game or whether it has the best graphics and all. I say it has the best graphics, it is very fun to play. and im sure many people will like it. But the way ps3 fans are saying it is a killer game....that is my objection. It is a very good game. The best looking game now. But it is not a Killer game like gears or halo or gta was. and soon ps3 fans will get a better game like say resistance 3. and people will forget this game. but people can still play half life 1 and find it good. thats the difference between very good games and killer games.

i suppose in your argument you are using other fps titles as to show your point abouot killer and very good games, but i dunno it kinda feels like thats all there is out there. Are you using shooters cause you only like shooter or is that you are preventing an offtopic discussion about another genre of gaming on either consoles or pc or whatever?

edit: please form a rebuttle to my other post above about the main topic seems like you kinda skipped it.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Episode_Eve
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="iqbalo_cool"] I have a question to all killzone 2 fans. tell me what is new in killzone 2 that is not in any other game? no...I don't think u can answer that. i narrow it down further. What is new in killzone 2 that is not in any other console game? No you won't be able to answer that as well. What is new in killzone 2 that is not in any other ps3 game? Can you find even that? I doubt it. Just tell me as a general ps3 user not a fan. Why should I buy this game if I already have say, resistance 2. I think the experience is the same.iqbalo_cool

That's the issue with your argument. It's all subjective. KZ2 has created a large hardcore fanbase and its growing. The game's allure and the developer's support will create its own segment in the online MP marketshare. It's a fact by popluar standard that KZ2 is an awesome game with long legs.
agff9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 agff9
Member since 2006 • 514 Posts

This is copycat , not KZ2

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Chutebox

agff9

Zing!

iqbalo_cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 iqbalo_cool

[QUOTE="iqbalo_cool"] I play games that are not great as well. But this debate is not whether killzone 2 is a really really good game or whether it has the best graphics and all. I say it has the best graphics, it is very fun to play. and im sure many people will like it. But the way ps3 fans are saying it is a killer game....that is my objection. It is a very good game. The best looking game now. But it is not a Killer game like gears or halo or gta was. and soon ps3 fans will get a better game like say resistance 3. and people will forget this game. but people can still play half life 1 and find it good. thats the difference between very good games and killer games.Chutebox

So you're saying people still play Gears 1(maybe), Halo 1, and the first GTA? Really?

look at the list of best selling games or the highest games. You will see killer games are on top in both list. If someone sees star wars now he will like it, even if it doesn't have the special effects we have now. samething goes for games as well. Good graphics in games or good special effects in movies doesn't make great games or great movies.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Episode_Eve

[QUOTE="agff9"]

Chutebox

Zing!

lol, game designers are inspired by previous works all the time. You'll find it difficult to find a game that is completely original in its story, pacing, characters, and play design.
lordxymor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lordxymor
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

TC fails. Goldeneye 'invented' console FPS and it had an awesome multiplayer(albeit not online) capability.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="iqbalo_cool"] I play games that are not great as well. But this debate is not whether killzone 2 is a really really good game or whether it has the best graphics and all. I say it has the best graphics, it is very fun to play. and im sure many people will like it. But the way ps3 fans are saying it is a killer game....that is my objection. It is a very good game. The best looking game now. But it is not a Killer game like gears or halo or gta was. and soon ps3 fans will get a better game like say resistance 3. and people will forget this game. but people can still play half life 1 and find it good. thats the difference between very good games and killer games.iqbalo_cool

look at the list of best selling games or the highest games. You will see killer games are on top in both list. If someone sees star wars now he will like it, even if it doesn't have the special effects we have now. samething goes for games as well. Good graphics in games or good special effects in movies doesn't make great games or great movies.

Good way to avoid answering the question. Killer games don't have to sell a number of copies or advance gaming in a freaking new direction. Killer games are just that, awesome games. Stop trying to create bogus ideas to take away from KZ2s greatness.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="agff9"]

Episode_Eve

Zing!

lol, game designers are inspired by previous works all the time. You'll find it difficult to find a game that is completely original in its story, pacing, characters, and play design.

Yup, the same can be said in movies and music too. Just poking fun at TC.
adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 adizorz

TC fails. Goldeneye invented console FPS and it had an awesome multiplayer(albeit not online) capability.

lordxymor

dude it was the late 90s most people were on dial up. PAINTBALL MODE!!!!

greatest shooter ever only had one analog stick how spoilt as gamers have we become, for shame. FPS don't compare to the good old days, there weren't prepubescent kids swearing their heads of like sailors around.

"you wanna fight huh you wanna fight" "yer i will giht you here i will give u my adress" "yer you give me your adress you **** i'll come beath the **** out of you" " ok heres my adress, !@#*%)#&)#&)%&#$_5-325-3!)&*(%, come beat me up you little dip****" " .... YOUR A ****GOT" MASTER_HALO has gone offline...

adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 adizorz

hello are you gonna respoind to people's arguements or did u just have a fit after seeing the doomed failure that is the xbox360

lol flame bait to revive the thread.

mezzo20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 mezzo20
Member since 2008 • 1702 Posts
Killzone 2 is the only game that delivered on this enormous amount of hype this generation.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AAllxxjjnn

agff9

What was that?

One is Killzone(2004)

One is The Red Spectacles(1987)

adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 adizorz
Killzone 2 is the only game that delivered on this enormous amount of hype this generation.mezzo20
i dunno mgs4 delivered to me....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-63f6895020e66

-pic-

What was that?

AAllxxjjnn

Where does the toy come from?

iqbalo_cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 iqbalo_cool

[QUOTE="iqbalo_cool"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] lolz....if you really think that then................... There are thousands of awsome games out there. They are good.....very very good. But why they don't make it to the list of best rated games of all time or list of best selling games of all time? You have your answer [QUOTE="Episode_Eve"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="agff9"]

adizorz

Zing!

Yes. I have said the same thing. But killer games derive or copy from previous games and add somethings that completely new or wasn't available on that platform. As some are saying gears copied from RE 4 and all. But no game before gears made cover system such an important part of combat. So, thats new abt gears. As some people here said halo 3 has copied. I also say halo 3 has copied. But still it brings saved films and forge. forge is not new as garry's mod does the same on HL2. But No console game has it and has it such a big seamless way. So thats original abt halo 3. Even GTA 4 is nothing new. But why is got so many perfect 10s? It created a world that is more real than anything in video games. I mean it even has spam MAILS!! its these simple things that make great games. No game can be totally original. But these simple originalities make the difference

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AAllxxjjnn

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]

-pic-

What was that?

IronBass

See edited post. The movie "The Red Spectacles" (1987).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-63f6895020e66
[QUOTE="IronBass"]

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]

-pic-

What was that?

AAllxxjjnn

See edited post. The movie "The Red Spectacles" (1987).

Wow. Now THAT's character modeling copy.