CAMPERS DESERVE SOME RESPECT......at least SOME, maybe?!

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts

INTRO TO MY ARGUMENT: (May God Have Mercy On My Soul! haha)

Now, i will first stress that im not a camper. I am your "run around crazy and hope for the best" kind of guy. Campers frustrate me as much as the next guy, but after thinking about it, i could not help but laugh at why we hate campers. Let us have a philosophical look at psychological matter of camping, shall we?

We all Hate Campers, RIGHT?:

So just think about what we hate about camping. We hate that campers basically cheat, find an easy way to just shoot at whatever passes by their hiding spot. We hate how hard it is to kill campers, since often their hiding spots are very hard to attack without getting killed first. We think of it as a cheap way to rack up kills.

MAYBE WE HATE CAMPERS CUS WE ARE CRY BABIES! EVER THINK ABOUT IT?:

So, why is this ironic? The funny thing is I honestly think camping is a strategy. Think about it, the camper is choosing a strategic spot to win the game the best, a spot that is the most efficient way to earn kills and keeps one less vulnerable to getting killed, and we get mad at the player because we say "HEY THATS NO FAIR! HOW DARE YOU CHOOSE A STRATEGIC PLACE TO KILL ME THAT MAKES ME NEED STRATEGY IN RETURN IN ORDER TO KILL YOU!!! HOW DARE YOU NOT RUN AROUND LIKE CRAZY LIKE THE REST OF US, LEAVING YOUR BODY EXPOSED TO ATTACK ON ALL SIDES!! YOU ARE A JERK!!!"...... lets be honest, we hate campers because their camping WORKS! CAMPING WORKS!! Logically, its technically the best way to win in online matches. We hate camping because it is inconvenient to those that do not want to use strategy and would rather go nuts and be trigger happy. It is not that camping is bad. In reality, it is that camping does not fit the idea of the ideal online shooter environment to the majority of online players. Campers make online shooters HARDER!

CONCLUSION TO THIS CRAZY POST?:

We still all hate campers, but its just funny when you realize why you hate them. You will probably argue that camping needsno brains. So, apparently being otherwise DOES need brains? But, honestly, what do you think soldiers do in real war?! You think they just run like crazy like most of you do?! Campers are more like real soldiers than the rest of us! Now, dont you think im saying everyone should be a camper now! An online game is not fun without at least SOME easy kills!

TAKE IT EASY ON ME PLEASE HAHA....I LIKE TO HAVE INTELLIGENT TALKS, NOT START TROUBLE HAHA, DO YOU GUYS FIND WHAT I SAID SOMEWHAT TRUE ? I RESPECT UR OPINIONS

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#2 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

i'd hate to see you play arma with that attitude.

HailCaesarHail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 HailCaesarHail
Member since 2010 • 814 Posts
never really bothered me, i just grenade spam them out of hiding.
GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

I do hate campers.... but I also consider them noobs :P since I'm way better than them, and I dont need to camp to beat them.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ms555
never really bothered me, i just grenade spam them out of hiding.HailCaesarHail
thats usually the best way lol....i am not saying camping is the most STRATEGIC and IMPRESSIVE way to win...what is more impressive is when u have online players that can roam throughout the map, vulnerable to attack, and yet still use strategies to survive and thrive. In the end, i think trigger happy people should be hated more than campers. Im a little trigger happy, so,...i guess you should hate me haha. Im not that good at online shooter lol
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

never really bothered me, i just grenade spam them out of hiding.HailCaesarHail
If they are whiners like the TC said they would rather throw a grenade a take themselves out before you even wasted your grenades they would rather take the suicide then give their opponent a kill.

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

Camping is boring. It's not like there's any penalty to dying outside of K/D ratio, so I like when people just say "To hell with it" and do something crazy.

That's why Halo's my go to game for online entertainment. I feel like Halo's style of gameplay (Sans Snipers, and SWAT on Hemmorage among other things) promotes experimenting and lots of movement.

Also, camping is easy. I knew a trio of girls that had hardly ever touched a shooter that played MW last year. Camping Galore - though to be fair they couldn't quite get the concept of moving and aiming at the same time :P

antifanboyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 antifanboyftw
Member since 2007 • 2214 Posts
basically campers get hated because sitting still and shooting run by is easy. too easy. if you did it, you would probably always do amazing. if everyone did it, a game would never end (except by time limit) because nobody ever moves. Its cowardly, its pathetic, and to a normal person, its just not fun. Now i must wonder if you are refering to any games specifically when you made this argument (like call of duty). i don't camp in it and I can't camp. I'm like a shark. I have to keep moving. Guess what? I still destroy campers. i'd say that about 80% actually suck and really too much on thinking it'll be as easy as shooting me as soon as I come into view. But its not. It takes someof skill to beat a camper without flanking them, but anyone can do it. And it is very delightful to see them rage quit when they die one kill short of getting that killstreak they wanted. meanwhile, thanks to an r/c car, they have no place to hide unless they can actually aim. Unless the game is a total war simulator, camping is just a sad tactic used by people that would die too much if they did anything balzy or fun. That's their loss. In short, most campers suck. But you can beat them and it is sweet when you do.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Camping is a legitmate tactic do you actually think they don't use that tactic in real war? Its all a matter if you have the skill to beat campers.

now yes it is annoying when an entire team does it and yes that might be a little crappy but when a single individual does it then its a legitimate tactic.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ms555
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

Camping is a legitmate tactic do you actually think they don't use that tactic in real war? Its all a matter if you have the skill to beat campers.

now yes it is annoying when an entire team does it and yes that might be a little crappy but when a single individual does it then its a legitimate tactic.

you basically summed up exactly everything i said in one sentence....thanks haha...but you are dead on!
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
there's a difference between camping for a moment, and camping in one spot the entire game stat wh*ring instead of going for the Win, usually campers on my own team anger me more than the opposing team.
Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kickinurass

WilliamRLBaker

The problem I have with this line of reasoning is in real war, the penalty for not camping is a permanent death.

The way I see it - these are games. Pretty lenient games at that - the biggest punishment being you sit out to the next round. Most times dying in shooters is a slap on the wrist - a time out. So - since the punishment for death is so lenient, don't cower in the corner like you're entire existence depends on you getting the best K/D spread in the match. Go out there and take a chance with it.

ChaltierX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ChaltierX
Member since 2009 • 1128 Posts

I rpg campers but I get called a noob.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nintendo_Ownes7

WilliamRLBaker

When I play sometimes I camp because it is what they would do in the real war. But other times I think it is just a game and I don't care if I win or lose so I'm just going to run through the level shooting at anything that moves but sometimes it doesn't work out when Team Kill is on and I realize they are my teammates after they are dead. Because I shoot first ask questions later.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

Kickinurass

The problem I have with this line of reasoning is in real war, the penalty for not camping is a permanent death.

The way I see it - these are games. Pretty lenient games at that - the biggest punishment being you sit out to the next round. Most times dying in shooters is a slap on the wrist - a time out. So - since the punishment for death is so lenient, don't cower in the corner like you're entire existence depends on you getting the best K/D spread in the match. Go out there and take a chance with it.

yes and if games were like real life, games wouldn't be fun. For fact reloading happens with smgs literally 2 to 5 secs as u start shooting. in games u get a lot longer. Realism doesn't mean better, this should never be an argument.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ms555
basically campers get hated because sitting still and shooting run by is easy. too easy. if you did it, you would probably always do amazing. if everyone did it, a game would never end (except by time limit) because nobody ever moves. Its cowardly, its pathetic, and to a normal person, its just not fun. Now i must wonder if you are refering to any games specifically when you made this argument (like call of duty). i don't camp in it and I can't camp. I'm like a shark. I have to keep moving. Guess what? I still destroy campers. i'd say that about 80% actually suck and really too much on thinking it'll be as easy as shooting me as soon as I come into view. But its not. It takes someof skill to beat a camper without flanking them, but anyone can do it. And it is very delightful to see them rage quit when they die one kill short of getting that killstreak they wanted. meanwhile, thanks to an r/c car, they have no place to hide unless they can actually aim. Unless the game is a total war simulator, camping is just a sad tactic used by people that would die too much if they did anything balzy or fun. That's their loss. In short, most campers suck. But you can beat them and it is sweet when you do.antifanboyftw
you make good points and your argument is welcome here.... personally i have to say there is always going to be people that dont know how to use a tactic and are stupid. There are some people i have seen in games that not only camp, but do it with skill. Sometimes camping in, say, a second floor room, and survivng is the equivalent to securing a base with a one man army against an entire team of enemies! When people realize ur camping up their, u secure the stairs with claymores, you watch ur back 24/7, u dodge endless grenades, noob tubes, and flashbangs buzzing through ur spot.... keeping that camp spot and surviving DOES need skill.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#17 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
Camping eventually gets boring when you realize you been playing duck hunter mode for every fps you play. I mix up what I do in matches, and go "Ramboing"
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

This thread needs more of this picture.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
I've never had any problem with camping/campers. If someone's camping, chances are that there are specific places they can camp. If you know this and you can't flush them, then they're not the ones who are noobs. Additionally, some people just enjoy camping. It's why sniper rifles exist....what do you want them to do? Run around with a sniper rifle and shoot people at close range? Everyone enjoys playing a game differently. If you like to run and gun then do it the best you can. If you like to blend in some dark corner and wait for some unsuspecting prey to appear in your sight...then do that the best you can. The whole movement against campers is silly imo.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

Kickinurass

In some gametypes one death is all you get, and in the gametypes where its not camping and not stands between you and victory. while I do like to have fun whacky times on games I play most online games to win them and If that means camping then so be it. By the way I've never camped in any game, I just recognize the value of camping.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ms555
I've never had any problem with camping/campers. If someone's camping, chances are that there are specific places they can camp. If you know this and you can't flush them, then they're not the ones who are noobs. Additionally, some people just enjoy camping. It's why sniper rifles exist....what do you want them to do? Run around with a sniper rifle and shoot people at close range? Everyone enjoys playing a game differently. If you like to run and gun then do it the best you can. If you like to blend in some dark corner and wait for some unsuspecting prey to appear in your sight...then do that the best you can. The whole movement against campers is silly imo.verbalfilth
i always found it hilarious how we band together against camping, but we find it acceptable for ourselves to snipe people from windows as we are saying this! You are right, it is very silly! Once again, thats not to say campers dont frustrate me many times..but yeah, its true still...our reasons for hating them are silly and pretty immature
DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts
I don't really hate when my enemies is camping but I hate when my team camping. Like when you play Hardcore Mode Domination, Capture the Flag or Sabotage and all your teammates is camping and don't go get the objection but the worst part is they can't ever protect their own objection, they almost always get kill lol.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ms555
I don't really hate when my enemies is camping but I hate when my team camping. Like when you play Hardcore Mode Domination, Capture the Flag or Sabotage and all your teammates is camping and don't go get the objection but the worst part is they can't ever protect their own objection, they almost always get kill lol.DarkblueNinja
yeah, i hear ya....camping becomes a problem when TOO many people are doing it. Then again, if TOO many people didnt camp, wouldnt it be just as bad? Either way, the only result is frustration and chaos. That is why a balance between campers and noncampers is the truly ideal shooting environment. Mix it up!
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
If you can't handle a camper, you're probably not very good at whatever game you're playing.
fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fusionhunter
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

It depends on your gameplay style,game,map and current objective. Campers learn from experience that those with experiance hate campers ,those campers grow good to the online and soon repeat the same to those new to the game. Like a cycle.

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
Bad campers are the ones that will stick only to one or two locations. These are the ones you can predict and couter with grenades and other such forms of attack. Good campers will generally fluctuate between about 3 to 4 spots within a very specific area. While I dont like dealing with this play style done by an experienced gamer the latter format can be tough.

Camping however overall has been demonized by CoD gamers but that is not really fair to a number of gamers where such gameplay is to an extent needed. The spy in tf2 will often have a fair share of camping. It does take skill knowing when to strike but in general they can often sit in a few select areas waiting for the right time to reveal themselves. In games that are not based entirely on death match camping is needed. Its alternatively called "defence".

I feel CS demonized this term because of the 4,6 (I forget the name, AW?), but the fact is certain guns and playstyles will literally not allow for run and gunning...
Avatar image for tehsystemwarior
tehsystemwarior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tehsystemwarior
Member since 2009 • 1812 Posts
No, we all hate campers. It's one thing if your holding down a building, its another if your camping. Takes 0 skill, you don't play the OBJ, and you don't need to play smart. And the reason you enjoy camping, is because your not that good. But, just to clarify, do you mean corner camping, or ADSing down a hallway, or sitting in a building shooting out the windows?
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
Okay, so if camping deserves respect, let's make everyone in the match camp. Do you think anyone would get any kills at all?
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Camping takes no strategy. All a camper has to do is sit themselves somewhere and shoot if someone comes by.

I also couldn't care less if camping is a legit tactic in real life. Online multiplayer ain't real life.

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
Okay, so if camping deserves respect, let's make everyone in the match camp. Do you think anyone would get any kills at all?DragonfireXZ95
Does run and gunning deserve respect if no one checks their corners and blindly charges into everything?
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]Okay, so if camping deserves respect, let's make everyone in the match camp. Do you think anyone would get any kills at all?alextherussian
Does run and gunning deserve respect if no one checks their corners and blindly charges into everything?

Running and gunning isn't pin pointed to not checking corners and blindly charging. You can run and gun and check your surroundings very easily. You're a camper, aren't you? ;)
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ms555
Okay, so if camping deserves respect, let's make everyone in the match camp. Do you think anyone would get any kills at all?DragonfireXZ95
do u read the text that comes after the topics title, or any posts after the topic? I said that would be terrible! The game would be really hard to get any kills. A game needs balance between campers and noncampers. Just like u can also say if nobody was a camper, that would also not be too fun cus then everybody would be running everywhere every second, and would also make the game very frustrating too
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]Okay, so if camping deserves respect, let's make everyone in the match camp. Do you think anyone would get any kills at all?ms555
do u read the text that comes after the topics title, or any posts after the topic? I said that would be terrible! The game would be really hard to get any kills. A game needs balance between campers and noncampers. Just like u can also say if nobody was a camper, that would also not be too fun cus then everybody would be running everywhere every second, and would also make the game very frustrating too

Not really, why would it? Camping is annoying. The only time I see camping as a legit strategy is when defending objectives.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nintendo_Ownes7

Camping takes no strategy. All a camper has to do is sit themselves somewhere and shoot if someone comes by.

I also couldn't care less if camping is a legit tactic in real life. Online multiplayer ain't real life.

Silverbond

It does take Strategy you have to position yourself in an area that gets a lot of traffic for it to be effective and you also have to know your surroundings and make sure your in an area were the enemy can't sneak up on you it takes a lot of strategy because when your scouting for the best spots you have to go all over the map and looking for the best spot and you also have to take into account how many people walk by in a usual match. You can't just find a spot and hope it works.

Everything is strategy if you are running and shooting that doesn't take strategy because you wandering aimlessly all you have to do is keep walking towards the enemy.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

It does take Strategy you have to position yourself in an area that gets a lot of traffic for it to be effective and you also have to know your surroundings and make sure your in an area were the enemy can't sneak up on you it takes a lot of strategy because when your scouting for the best spots you have to go all over the map and looking for the best spot and you also have to take into account how many people walk by in a usual match. You can't just find a spot and hope it works.

Everything is strategy if you are running and shooting that doesn't take strategy because you wandering aimlessly all you have to do is keep walking towards the enemy.

So instead of helping your teammates, you're running around for 5 minutes(unless you know the map) looking for a great place to pitch a tent?

That's strategy? Gee, I never would have guessed.

Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts
Camping is completely fine, it's only the noobs that run everywhere spraying, only to get killed that complain.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ms555

[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]Okay, so if camping deserves respect, let's make everyone in the match camp. Do you think anyone would get any kills at all?DragonfireXZ95

Not really, why would it? Camping is annoying. The only time I see camping as a legit strategy is when defending objectives.

i personally just think it would be annoying because honestly, theres always a good portion of the players camping in any given online match. If nobody used camping, everyobody would be everywhere. That means that the probablity of there always being a bad guy near ur spawn point or the probability of a guy surprise attacking you from an ally would definitely increase. I dont see how anybody would want more trigger happy players than there already is. An increase in trigger happy people would frustrate people probably just as much as campers do
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DragonfireXZ95
Eh, I got no problem with people who camp, it's their game, they can play however they like. However, they are soft sissies and killing a camper is just a little :more satisfying. :pgetyeryayasout
It is quite satisfying to kill campers, I'll have to agree on that one.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="ms555"] do u read the text that comes after the topics title, or any posts after the topic? I said that would be terrible! The game would be really hard to get any kills. A game needs balance between campers and noncampers. Just like u can also say if nobody was a camper, that would also not be too fun cus then everybody would be running everywhere every second, and would also make the game very frustrating tooms555

i personally just think it would be annoying because honestly, theres always a good portion of the players camping in any given online match. If nobody used camping, everyobody would be everywhere. That means that the probablity of there always being a bad guy near ur spawn point or the probability of a guy surprise attacking you from an ally would definitely increase. I dont see how anybody would want more trigger happy players than there already is. An increase in trigger happy people would frustrate people probably just as much as campers do

It depends on what game you're playing. Maybe in Call of Duty if everyone was running and gunning, they'd be everywhere. But in Battlefield or BC2 or something, the maps are easily big enough for everyone to run around with lots of room. Great thing about BC2 is it's hard for campers to do much of anything most of the time, since all the buildings and cover is mostly destructible. One reason I love that game so much.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#41 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Camping skill level = Zero.

Stand in one spot for the entire game with a shotgun and crouch down in a blind spot and kill anyone that passes by.

That takes so much skill. :roll:

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ms555

It depends on what game you're playing. Maybe in Call of Duty if everyone was running and gunning, they'd be everywhere. But in Battlefield or BC2 or something, the maps are easily big enough for everyone to run around with lots of room. Great thing about BC2 is it's hard for campers to do much of anything most of the time, since all the buildings and cover is mostly destructible. One reason I love that game so much.

yep, i gotta give you that one, sir. Overall, the camping "crisis" is pretty secluded to COD....once in a while, Halo can have some camping too, like that one guy with the sword waiting at the top of air vent.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#43 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

WilliamRLBaker

Obviously if the Game has Last Man Standing Rules where you only have 1 life you are forced to camp.

strangeisland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 strangeisland
Member since 2009 • 1153 Posts

:lol:

Camping is so hilarious at times especially when spawn killing. I remember in cod 1 i parked a jeep, with a mounted gun, right by axis spawning camp and just sprayed away.

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kickinurass

[QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

WilliamRLBaker

In some gametypes one death is all you get, and in the gametypes where its not camping and not stands between you and victory. while I do like to have fun whacky times on games I play most online games to win them and If that means camping then so be it. By the way I've never camped in any game, I just recognize the value of camping.

I recognize camping as a legitimate tactic. Objective game types or times when each player is only afforded one life make it necessary to camp. I don't even mind camping so long as you move occasionally and are actively progressing the game somehow. It's just most of the campers I've run into only do so in order to boost their stats.

GodzillavsXenu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GodzillavsXenu
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

The only thing I do not like about campers is when everyone is doing it. If a few people do it with skill I get that, but a game full of campers is incredibly boring to me. It can feel like there is nobody actually playing the game.

Hakkai007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Hakkai007
Member since 2005 • 4905 Posts

Camping is boring. It's not like there's any penalty to dying outside of K/D ratio, so I like when people just say "To hell with it" and do something crazy.

That's why Halo's my go to game for online entertainment. I feel like Halo's style of gameplay (Sans Snipers, and SWAT on Hemmorage among other things) promotes experimenting and lots of movement.

Also, camping is easy. I knew a trio of girls that had hardly ever touched a shooter that played MW last year. Camping Galore - though to be fair they couldn't quite get the concept of moving and aiming at the same time :P

Kickinurass

I remember in Halo 2 I would use the super bounce glitch and bounce myself to the roof of a tall building then snipe everyone.

It was so fun camping up there and pissing off 12 year old kids.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#48 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

Camping skill level = Zero.

Stand in one spot for the entire game with a shotgun and crouch down in a blind spot and kill anyone that passes by.

That takes so much skill. :roll:

LegatoSkyheart

Then the camper deserves credit for being able to kill someone with mroe skill than him. It's pretty much like in real life. The whole skill argument doesn't fly in a real war. Although in our case, it's just a game, but i always stand by the philosophy that "Anything which works is worth doing." Even in fighting games, some people turtle, and some spam. The spammer probably has more move execution skill, but if you get beaten by someone who turtles, it means you're doing it wrong.

Juken7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Juken7
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

It's the emphasis on K/D ratios in so many games that promote the behavior, unfortunately.

It may be a legitimate tactic, but I find it incredibly boring to camp and incredibly annoying to be killed by a camper.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#50 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

I don't mind campers as much as many people do.

That's the product of being a great counter sniper/camper. If they camp, I make them regret camping.