Call of Duty Modern Warefare 2 multiplayer on consoles is useless and boring

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts

That's basically what most PC gamers are saying.

a quote from a PC gamer when asked if someone should get MW or MW2

"Get the original Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. They decided to kill the series with Modern Warfare 2. I'd suggest waiting for it to get a serious price cut for the campaign."

or sending a message to IW saying "Please explain to me how 9vs9 is supposed to be a multiplayer experience"

More players seems to be all the rage with PC gamers. Here is a hint: More players, does not equal more fun. In certain games yes, but NOT in COD, unless of course you like being spammed by grenades constantly with constant air raids and helicopters.

6 vs 6 is the typical match for consoles, and it WORKS

I will always trust the PC community to make a bigger deal out of something and to jump on the hate wagon for something without trying it.

Just because it is using P2P matchmaking (exactly the same as consoles), it automatically means multiplayer is useless? How many people play COD4 and WAW online on both consoles using this system? It will still be a great single player and multiplayer experience, stop making it seem like it is worst thing ever to dawn PC gaming. They are even adding features to the game that everyone is ignoring.

The main point here is that the game will still be very enjoyable on the multiplayer side, and people are ignoring the added features of this game as well.

EDIT:To all PC gamers, stop thinking I am in support of lost features, how about you actually read my post and stop ranting on about what you think of Activision. Thank you!

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

Hermits have higher "standards" when it comes to games

Can't say I blame them though, considering how MW2 is gimped compared to CoD4

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 brandontwb

thelastguy
I think it is mostly they are afraid of change and don't know enough about how the whole online system works. Anyone who's played on the console will tell you it works very well. Whenever I play on PC there are only a few servers that have the proper amount of players and I didn't really notice the experience being any better really....
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thelastguy

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

brandontwb

I think it is mostly they are afraid of change and don't know enough about how the whole online system works. Anyone who's played on the console will tell you it works very well. Whenever I play on PC there are only a few servers that have the proper amount of players and I didn't really notice the experience being any better really....

The number of players is not the biggest issue here

ninjabeaver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ninjabeaver1
Member since 2005 • 926 Posts

9v9 games are better than 16v16 or 32v32. But seriously...

EDIT: Ah bet me to it.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts
And another thread by you in which you state your misunderstanding of what PC gamers are actually annoyed by.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="brandontwb"][QUOTE="thelastguy"]

thelastguy

lol your not ACTUALLY using that picture are you? there is so much fud and misinformation in it. They literally found things to complain about. Look at lan play its the exact same on cod4 and mw2 yet the mw2 version of lan play is worse...for no reason except to complain. And hermits dont have a higher standard they just have a undeserved sense of worth where every thing should be free.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 brandontwb
You guys are missing the point.... it will still be very fun and those features you listed, most of them are not that important, nor game-breaking. You didn't even list the benefits of having this system, I could basically make a spreadsheet with features of matchmaking and then put a bunch of No's to COD4 COD4 MW2 Standardized player amount NO YES Automatically Select Server to join NO YES Steam Integration NO YES Group Chat with ability to invite NO YES Achievements NO YES
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thelastguy

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

[QUOTE="brandontwb"]I think it is mostly they are afraid of change and don't know enough about how the whole online system works. Anyone who's played on the console will tell you it works very well. Whenever I play on PC there are only a few servers that have the proper amount of players and I didn't really notice the experience being any better really.... WilliamRLBaker

lol your not ACTUALLY using that picture are you? there is so much fud and misinformation in it. They literally found things to complain about. Look at lan play its the exact same on cod4 and mw2 yet the mw2 version of lan play is worse...for no reason except to complain. And hermits dont have a higher standard they just have a undeserved sense of worth where every thing should be free.

Since when is a sequel missing features acceptable in any circumstance?

Especially those that are crucial to the PC

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 brandontwb
And another thread by you in which you state your misunderstanding of what PC gamers are actually annoyed by.treedoor
Just don't even post, I think I know what I am posting about. You want to boycott Acti for being a company and trying to get more money fine, but MW2 will still be a great game even with P2P and matchmaking, which is the point you are missing.
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 treedoor

I will just never understand gamers that actually support games that have features REMOVED from them when their predecessors had them.

I mean seriously. You support that features are stripped from a game.....

ninjabeaver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ninjabeaver1

but MW2 will still be a great game even with P2P and matchmaking.brandontwb
I'm sure it will. (for the consolite crowd)

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 brandontwb

I will just never understand gamers that actually support games that have features REMOVED from them when their predecessors had them.

treedoor
Again, you are missing the point. Do you know how much has been added to MW2? A lot! My main point is this thread is to show that online will still be very playable and very fun, regardless of having servers or not. Having servers DOES NOT mean that much in terms of the core experience, and yet PC gamers think that the game is automatically void without them which is just plain stupid imo.
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

wow so you actually really felt the need to make this thread yet again even though everyone pretty much owned you in some way in the last thread?

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 treedoor

[QUOTE="treedoor"]And another thread by you in which you state your misunderstanding of what PC gamers are actually annoyed by.brandontwb
Just don't even post, I think I know what I am posting about. You want to boycott Acti for being a company and trying to get more money fine, but MW2 will still be a great game even with P2P and matchmaking, which is the point you are missing.

You still don't understand.

P2P is not the problem. The problem is that Activision removed features from CoD when the predecessors to the game had those features. CoD4's entire online community is built off of those features, and they're gone now.

There have been PC games with P2P networking. Why you seriously think THAT's the issue PC gamers have is beyond me. The community aspect of CoD4 is shattered with MW2 for the PC.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 brandontwb

wow so you actually really felt the need to make this thread yet again even though everyone pretty much owned you in some way in the last thread?

Rage010101
No one owned me in the last thread, they were pretty much all making me out to be satan and flying out insults and stuff. Don't pretend you know what you're talking about..
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Here is a hint: More players, does not equal more fun. In certain games yes, but NOT in COD, unless of course you like being spammed by grenades constantly with constant air raids and helicopters.brandontwb

Play some United Offensive with 18 people. It'll be boring as ****.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 brandontwb

[QUOTE="brandontwb"][QUOTE="treedoor"]And another thread by you in which you state your misunderstanding of what PC gamers are actually annoyed by.treedoor

P2P is not the problem. The problem is that Activision removed features from CoD when the predecessors to the game had those features. CoD4's entire online community is built off of those features, and they're gone now.

There have been PC games with P2P networking. Why you seriously think THAT's the issue PC gamers have is beyond me. The community aspect of CoD4 is shattered with MW2 for the PC.

I'm not arguing against that. In fact, in my last thread I stated that servers would with a combination of matchmaking would probably be best (imo) with more features, but what I am saying here (for the millionth time) is that the online will still be very enjoyable. And yet PC gamers think that there is no point to it whatsoever (read evidence above).
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 brandontwb

[QUOTE="brandontwb"]Here is a hint: More players, does not equal more fun. In certain games yes, but NOT in COD, unless of course you like being spammed by grenades constantly with constant air raids and helicopters.foxhound_fox

Exactly, that is a different game. Same goes for Battlefield.

ninjabeaver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ninjabeaver1

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

[QUOTE="brandontwb"][QUOTE="treedoor"]And another thread by you in which you state your misunderstanding of what PC gamers are actually annoyed by.brandontwb

I'm not arguing against that. In fact, in my last thread I stated that servers would with a combination of matchmaking would probably be best (imo) with more features, but what I am saying here (for the millionth time) is that the online will still be very enjoyable. And yet PC gamers think that there is no point to it whatsoever (read evidence above).

100ms ping is not enjoyable for FPS. Especially for us Aussies with our gimped internet. Also server's wont be able to filter out non-Aussies/NZ players with the new system, unless IW.net allows hosts to do that which I doubt because it sounds like a direct console port from the BestBuy Q&A chat.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
People say 9 v 9 games are better, but hell why take the option away? let multiple hosts set different settings. If 32 v 32 isn't popular, that doesn't mean it should be wiped clean. I hate what IW is doing with this game. I refuse to buy it(will rent for story, as COD has some of the best).
Thessassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Thessassin
Member since 2007 • 1819 Posts

That's basically what most PC gamers are saying.

a quote from a PC gamer when asked if someone should get MW or MW2

"Get the original Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. They decided to kill the series with Modern Warfare 2. I'd suggest waiting for it to get a serious price cut for the campaign."

or sending a message to IW saying "Please explain to me how 9vs9 is supposed to be a multiplayer experience"

More players seems to be all the rage with PC gamers. Here is a hint: More players, does not equal more fun. In certain games yes, but NOT in COD, unless of course you like being spammed by grenades constantly with constant air raids and helicopters.

6 vs 6 is the typical match for consoles, and it WORKS

I will always trust the PC community to make a bigger deal out of something and to jump on the hate wagon for something without trying it.

Just because it is using P2P matchmaking (exactly the same as consoles), it automatically means multiplayer is useless? How many people play COD4 and WAW online on both consoles using this system? It will still be a great single player and multiplayer experience, stop making it seem like it is worst thing ever to dawn PC gaming.

brandontwb

6v6 is the standard? sorry gears is not the standard, come say that when you cant count all the MP shooters that only do up to 6v6 on one hand

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 treedoor

I'm not arguing against that. In fact, in my last thread I stated that servers would with a combination of matchmaking would probably be best (imo) with more features, but what I am saying here (for the millionth time) is that the online will still be very enjoyable. And yet PC gamers think that there is no point to it whatsoever (read evidence above).brandontwb

I'm going to be a bit more specific for you since you still don't understand.

P2P is not the sole issue here. If all CoD games were on P2P networks for the PC there would have never been an issue.

The issue here is that they remove features that made CoD4's online community thrive.

There are hundreds, maybe thousands of CoD4 clans. They host their own servers. They customize their servers with mods, and can also run these servers as administrators able to kick/ban people that are being obnoxious. Servers with high clan activity tend to have the best communties online, so people frequent these servers because they can enjoy the game, and have a great time.

In MW2 this is impossible. The entirety of everything that made these communities possible is gone.

And you honestly don't realize why people are pissed? It's because what communities people have built up to this point are now impossible on future iterations of CoD. Had all CoD games on the PC been released with P2P networking this would have never happened.

However, that wasn't the case now was it? Are you honestly going to remain ignorant as to why so many of these people are disappointed with Activision, and Infinity Ward?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 foxhound_fox

brandontwb

Its Call of Duty. :|

And aside from vehicles and bigger maps, its the same exact game. Hell, some of the most fun I had while playing UO was not on the vehicle maps... but on maps like Arnhem with 32 people.

The less people there is, the less hectic it is. And in Call of Duty, hectic is the name of the game.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Trmpt
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts

[QUOTE="brandontwb"]Here is a hint: More players, does not equal more fun. In certain games yes, but NOT in COD, unless of course you like being spammed by grenades constantly with constant air raids and helicopters.foxhound_fox

Since you gave that example I would think it is a PC game that has maps that are specifically designed for large amounts of players.

I've never heard of it nor played it so tell me if I'm right or wrong.

Then you have MW2; a game with maps that have to be designed for both the PC and consoles which means it will have maps that are designed for less players.

Since they are made for less players a 9 vs 9 game type is perfect.

Putting 64 players on maps designed for 18 does not = fun.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

[QUOTE="brandontwb"]Here is a hint: More players, does not equal more fun. In certain games yes, but NOT in COD, unless of course you like being spammed by grenades constantly with constant air raids and helicopters.brandontwb

Do you understand what you are talking about still?

Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

thelastguy

While that chart is extremely biased and redundant it brought to my attention that...No console commands? They really are pushing the 'no modifications' bs now. =|

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 foxhound_fox

Since you gave that example I would think it is a PC game that has maps that are specifically designed for large amounts of players.

I've never heard of it nor played it so tell me if I'm right or wrong.

Trmpt

The thing about UO that most people miss is the non-vehicle, non-Battlefield ripoff maps. The ones like Arnhem and others where despite appearing to be designed for 16 people, they play much better with 28-32. Granted, many games follow the "map size to player count" ratio... but I found in Call of Duty, every game you play was made better with more people. You could never get enough people in Call of Duty/United Offensive. Even on maps from CoD like Pavlov, playing with 32 people was way more fun than 16. The hectic nature of the increased amount of people, and the limited weapon selection (i.e. two snipers, two machine gunners, 4 smg'ers, multitude of riflemen, etc.) caused the game to actually be more balanced and fun at the same time.

Though, that was more thanks to the mod community than it was the actual vanilla game. But still.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JangoWuzHere

Anyway it is entirely pointless for you to defend IW stripping out features that were in the past games. I don't see how you can defend this kind of bs, especially when now that the game is 60$ instead of the normel pricing of 50$. If you support IW destroying clans and community features then go ahead and buy the PC version. The rest of us who like to have a great lasting game will look towards BF:BC2, or if people haven't bought WaW yet then they will move on to that.

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

brandontwb

Again, you are missing the point. Do you know how much has been added to MW2? A lot! My main point is this thread is to show that online will still be very playable and very fun, regardless of having servers or not. Having servers DOES NOT mean that much in terms of the core experience, and yet PC gamers think that the game is automatically void without them which is just plain stupid imo.

I'm not sure if youre just trolling to goad some already frustrated gamers or if you're really not understanding what the problem is from a PC point of view. If it's the second, here's some of the reasons behind the frustration.

- People keep saying 'but 9v9 is not bad!' You know, I agree, I have no problem with a 9v9 game. What's frustrating is that we used to be able to play 9v9 and 10v10 and 15 v 15 and 30 v 20 and... so 9v9 is just what was already available, it's the options of playing with higher numbers. MW2 offers far less options and far less diversity than CoD4 without offering anything new or better than what CoD4 already offered.

- Dedicated servers, lag and latency. Yes I know 'We don't have dedicated servers on the X360 so you don't need them either!'. First, I'm glad that you're getting a good multiplayer experience out of the p2p networking solution. However if you were used to playing with less lag, than youre currently experiencing on the '360 and were suddently pushed to accepet a more laggy gameplay experience, would you be fine with that? Some people play on dial-up modems and have fun, that dosent mean those of us who enjoy broadband connections want to suffer under the poorer network conditions of dial-up users.

- Lack of admins. Another problem with the forced use of their new iwnet thing is that players can no longer regulate themselves. Traditionally you can costumize your game experience by using server that suits your preference. For example. screaming 12 year olds screaming profanities in voice chat annoys the hell out of me. I'm to old for stuff like that. Thus I can go to a server where behavior is enforced while people who want to swear, trash talk and get wroked up can go to a diffrent server who supports their behavior. Everyone can get what they want, everyone wins. On the forced IW net I have to listen to the screaming idiots and they have to deal with me being annoyed at them. Everyone loose.

- Removal of mods and custom content. The mods and custom content have helped create a huge amount of diversity when it comes to PC multiplayer games. While some console players dismis it, claiming that you 'don't need it because the standard modes are fun as they are', it is, again, not a matter of wheter the basic game works well, but removing the option of playing it in a diffrent fashion if thats what you want. Just because you might prefer Deathmatch in Halo3 dosent mean that you'd be ok with them removing 'Capture the Flag'. MW2 is consistantly giving us less otpions, less control, less variation and they are charging more for it.

the post is already long so ill stop here. but the bottom line is that MW2 is consistantly taking things away, reducing the game play experience and removing control comapred to CoD4 when your looking at the PC. If Bungie announced that they were removing voice chat for Halo Reach and would be charing $70 instead of the normal 60 for the game, how do you think most halo fans would react? While I can't claim to speak for everyone, in general the point is not that 'multiplayer is useless on the consoles' but rather that while the console experience might be fine,having the console experience plus hundreds of other options offer a lot more variation, content and replayability.. it's that variation and replayability that IW is removing with MW2 and that's why most PC gamers are pissed.

Anyways, I'll get off my soapbox now (and get back to Dragon Age)

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JangoWuzHere

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

Dystopian-X

While that chart is extremely biased and redundant it brought to my attention that...No console commands? They really are pushing the 'no modifications' bs now. =|

Its not biased, because all of that list is true. Even if it is stretched out a bit

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

Im sorry OP you do not understand a thing. For one thing matchmaking is a prablem mainly becouse of it destroying communities that gather around specific servers. If you have not played PC game for years you will not understand this. Secondly there is absolutely no reason to limit the game to 9vs9. More options is always a good thing. There is no legitamte reason for MW2 to have less features and options than the previous entry of the series. Finally just becouse you think that small matches are best. Good for you, you have an opinion and others will disagree with you. Oh right and you should also read how IW responded to querrys about the PC version of the game. They were insulting, pure and simple.

Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

Its not biased, because all of that list is true. Even if it is stretched out a bit

JangoWuzHere

Well I wouldn't really say a "bit" since what they did was list every single con. from not having dedis and if it isn't biased why is DLC twice and LAN play in red? =p

But yeah MW2 has been gimped beyond reason at this point.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Trmpt

The thing about UO that most people miss is the non-vehicle, non-Battlefield ripoff maps. The ones like Arnhem and others where despite appearing to be designed for 16 people, they play much better with 28-32. Granted, many games follow the "map size to player count" ratio... but I found in Call of Duty, every game you play was made better with more people. You could never get enough people in Call of Duty/United Offensive. Even on maps from CoD like Pavlov, playing with 32 people was way more fun than 16. The hectic nature of the increased amount of people, and the limited weapon selection (i.e. two snipers, two machine gunners, 4 smg'ers, multitude of riflemen, etc.) caused the game to actually be more balanced and fun at the same time.

Though, that was more thanks to the mod community than it was the actual vanilla game. But still.

foxhound_fox

i guess it's all up to the individual person to decide.

Someone who hates playing on a large map with 32 or 64 people could possibly enjoy a game on a large map with only 8 people just because it creates a more tactical, intense game with less explosions; Who knows?

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JangoWuzHere

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

Dystopian-X

Well I wouldn't really say a "bit" since what they did was list every single con. from not having dedis and if it isn't biased why is DLC twice and LAN play in red? =p

But yeah MW2 has been gimped beyond reason at this point.

Like I said, the list is stretched a bit. And the LAN is in red because the LAN is basically worse in MW2 in terms of features. I honestly don't care about LAN thoe.
CaptainHarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 CaptainHarley
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

itt: another epic trolling of the same marks as last night

mgs_freak91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mgs_freak91
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts
And another thread by you in which you state your misunderstanding of what PC gamers are actually annoyed by.treedoor
It's funny. Because, when GT gave Uncharted 2 9.3 or whatever everyone misunderstood why Cows were annoyed by. :lol: Seriously though, Hermits, grow up. Console gamers already know what it's going to be like. Don't be afraid of change and accept what is happenning, or accept that PC gaming is going down the drain. Either way, acknowledge that whether you guys hate it or not, it going to go on to sell millions, only making Infinity Ward happy with their decision. You act like you deserve something? You don't. You are given mods and DLC for free. It's like a rich boy getting money from their parents all the time only to have to work for it one day.
mgs_freak91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mgs_freak91
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts

[QUOTE="brandontwb"]

I'm not arguing against that. In fact, in my last thread I stated that servers would with a combination of matchmaking would probably be best (imo) with more features, but what I am saying here (for the millionth time) is that the online will still be very enjoyable. And yet PC gamers think that there is no point to it whatsoever (read evidence above).treedoor

I'm going to be a bit more specific for you since you still don't understand.

P2P is not the sole issue here. If all CoD games were on P2P networks for the PC there would have never been an issue.

The issue here is that they remove features that made CoD4's online community thrive.

There are hundreds, maybe thousands of CoD4 clans. They host their own servers. They customize their servers with mods, and can also run these servers as administrators able to kick/ban people that are being obnoxious. Servers with high clan activity tend to have the best communties online, so people frequent these servers because they can enjoy the game, and have a great time.

In MW2 this is impossible. The entirety of everything that made these communities possible is gone.

And you honestly don't realize why people are pissed? It's because what communities people have built up to this point are now impossible on future iterations of CoD. Had all CoD games on the PC been released with P2P networking this would have never happened.

However, that wasn't the case now was it? Are you honestly going to remain ignorant as to why so many of these people are disappointed with Activision, and Infinity Ward?

I would think less cheaters would be a good thing. But I guess the only people that think otherwise are the cheaters, right?

Games change. People just need to accept it and move on. Because you, not even all of the hermits on Gamespot, can change what Infinity Ward is doing. Goes to show that their isn't enough people who think the same way as you do. Don't believe me? Go check that petition and then all the PC sales for the COD4 - see which number is larger.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I am slightly baffled by the lack of understanding here O.o

THe main problems are that IW and Acti has removed all ability for the PC crowd to have controle over thier MP gaming, removing all the things that are standard for PC games, and PC ports.

I would loathe to play on a server with 100+ ping (altho I doubt It will be the case) and I would loathe if I could not even intigrate basic plugins for servers (since there arrent any).

Just see whatmp games work on the PC shall we? 2 of the most popular ones are BF2 and CS(S) Both of those allows for dedicated servers, meaning that players will always be able to join a familier server, with a familier crowd, tailerd to thiertaste, admin mods, that lets players vote, and auto ajust teams based on skilland size.

Mods, custom sounds, you name it, Its all been stripped. Basicly now it is "you will playit the way we dictate, or no way at all" which I loathe with a passion, pretty much like dictating what clothes a person should wear, orhow someone is to talk.

Sadly that means that MW2 will just be a console port, which is in no high standing for PC gamers, we will end up with a game made for consoles for the PC, ignoring the specific advantages the PC usually has.

IThink I can equate it to acti saying "no high def games for consoles anymore, its too expencive and we can not be arsed" that would cause an uproar too, since the 360 and PS3 are made in HD native.

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
i think 6 on 6 is better like it says the in the post.. i dont know about anyone else but i dont lke being constantly shot from every angle from to many people on the maps..smaller numbers on a team works for drakes 2 mp..
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#42 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I am slightly baffled by the lack of understanding here O.o

THe main problems are that IW and Acti has removed all ability for the PC crowd to have controle over thier MP gaming, removing all the things that are standard for PC games, and PC ports.

I would loathe to play on a server with 100+ ping (altho I doubt It will be the case) and I would loathe if I could not even intigrate basic plugins for servers (since there arrent any).

Just see whatmp games work on the PC shall we? 2 of the most popular ones are BF2 and CS(S) Both of those allows for dedicated servers, meaning that players will always be able to join a familier server, with a familier crowd, tailerd to thiertaste, admin mods, that lets players vote, and auto ajust teams based on skilland size.

Mods, custom sounds, you name it, Its all been stripped. Basicly now it is "you will playit the way we dictate, or no way at all" which I loathe with a passion, pretty much like dictating what clothes a person should wear, orhow someone is to talk.

Sadly that means that MW2 will just be a console port, which is in no high standing for PC gamers, we will end up with a game made for consoles for the PC, ignoring the specific advantages the PC usually has.

IThink I can equate it to acti saying "no high def games for consoles anymore, its too expencive and we can not be arsed" that would cause an uproar too, since the 360 and PS3 are made in HD native.

Maddie_Larkin

Wait a year, then show them You're right when they have paid for DLC to keep playing only to see the servers shut down.
When they are hurt, is the only time You can get through to them.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#43 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

I have (or had) and Xbox LIVE account. Listen carefully, you know its the truth:

Playing with 17 other kids that are constantly screaming on microphone with 300+ ping on the same generic maps without any mod support or server admins is just PURE BS. I don't understand how do you die-hard console gamers go up with those limitations. PC HAS MADE COD WHAT IT IS TODAY AND TAKING OUR MULTIPLAYER OPTIONS (which we had from THE BEGINNING OF PC multiplayer gaming) IS JUST ABSURD.

We still support CoD, and we always will, BUT DON'T MAKE THIS A TREND

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

MP in PC MW2 is useless because when you search for your clan server... surprise, surprise! There's no clan server. There's no players that you known because in the last months you have been playing in a stable community. There's no decent ping and the host is always in advantage, so basically you're always playing a bunch of unknown people with NO COORDINATION and with the pace of the matches paused any time the host leaves the game. This is only the tip of the iceberg, the fail is too big to be measured -until the NPD numbers from PC arrives-.

carter15kd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 carter15kd5
Member since 2006 • 605 Posts

why play mw2 when you can just play cod 4 mw and have bascally the same experice online other then the single player not much has changed gameplay wise

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Trmpt

the fail is too big to be measured -until the NPD numbers from PC arrives-.

Ondoval

Pre orders for this game topped IW's previous game. :|

Yes, that is for consoles, but if they sell more console copies than LAST time as well as less copies of the PC version THIS time it kind of evens out.

But you're right, we do have to wait for the NPD to see if it sell enough of the console version to make up for the PC version.

I'm sure that isnt IW's mindset though as they are probably hoping that the PC version does very well.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Trmpt

why play mw2 when you can just play cod 4 mw and have bascally the same experice online other then the single player not much has changed gameplay wise

carter15kd5

CAUSE I WANT TO COVER THE MAP WITH RADIATION DAMN IT!!! :x

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#48 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

Why does someone not interested in a game rant on about how others shouldn't be interested in it? This is the question we all should be trying to figure out as these people need help.

LT_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LT_Snake
Member since 2009 • 437 Posts

For me its not THAT bad:

mods - never use them

9vs9 limit - I enjoy playing cod4 from 5vs5 to 12vs12.

dedi servers - I ussually play on different servers, don't have a favorite one. Matchmaking will be just fine for me.

clans - I don't care about them

+100ms ping - Just because one person said that he is playing on 100ms ping, doesn't mean everyone will. I live in europe and have a very fast (100Mbps) net.

no lean - thats bad, I really liked using it. Why the hell did they took it out. Is isn't hard to add it.

And there is a lot of good things they're adding, like steam, online stats ect...

If millions of console gamers will enjoy this, so will I on pc.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

For me its not THAT bad:

mods - never use them

9vs9 limit - I enjoy playing cod4 from 5vs5 to 12vs12.

dedi servers - I ussually play on different servers, don't have a favorite one. Matchmaking will be just fine for me.

clans - I don't care about them

And there is a lot of good things they're adding, like steam, online stats ect...

If millions of console gamers will enjoy this, so will I on pc.

LT_Snake

This is probably the most reasonable post since the news regarding removal of dedicated servers.