call of duty 4 hackers caught on tape!!! (PS3 version)

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts

link

This is just sad that people have to resort to cheating. I have not encountered this sort of thing on xbox live probably because they would be banned. Sony needs to do something about this. thoughts?

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
cheaters should be banned for life. losers
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
Man, PS3's suck for aiming!
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
lol why hack in cod4? its not like the game takes so much skill....specially not in team deathmatch
masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts

thats sucks...

I wounder what joy the d-bags get out of that?

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -GhostMLD-
Member since 2008 • 3282 Posts
if this were on 360, all players would report this and they would be banned.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

That's just sad... :|

Hope they get perma-banned or something.

skirlnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 skirlnik
Member since 2004 • 909 Posts

link

This is just sad that people have to resort to cheating. I have not encountered this sort of thing on xbox live probably because they would be banned. Sony needs to do something about this. thoughts?

darkmagician06

I'm sure you've just started some kind of epic flame war, but... this is Infinity Ward's game - we don't complain to big daddy Sony when this happens. Although you can. Call their customer service and it lets you report people for cheating. I know it's not as "easy" as using Xbox Live, but you know what's easier? Leaving a room if there's a cheater. It's not like anybody's win/loss ratio is correct after the ridiculous host issues this game has.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
i hate cheaters, if you wanna glitch then just go play private match
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts
that's dumb....why would anyone get any enjoyment out of that other than ruining someone else's experience.
Egghead360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Egghead360
Member since 2008 • 693 Posts
So what were people saying about closed box again?:?
Concede2me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Concede2me
Member since 2005 • 31 Posts
Doesn't appear to be system wars material.
n_kors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 n_kors
Member since 2005 • 1785 Posts
Well, this sure makes me never want to get a ps3. Not saying I won't, it just makes me not want to.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Blech, not saying that this isn't a problem but there are glitches and cheats on the 360 version too.
darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 darkmagician06
Doesn't appear to be system wars material.Concede2me
i could have said something along the lines "PSN sucks cuase it has cheaterz" then would it be system wars material? sorry i chose not to do that
KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KingTuttle
Member since 2006 • 2471 Posts

Doesn't appear to be system wars material.Concede2me

I disagree. I think this clearly shows ways in which Live is superior. I'm sorry but Live is more than just giving you an opportunity to play your buddies online.

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts
I thought consoles didn't have these kind of hacks?
CheeChee_Macko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CheeChee_Macko
Member since 2008 • 2236 Posts
I don't see any cheating in the video.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dante2710
Blech, not saying that this isn't a problem but there are glitches and cheats on the 360 version too.Ibacai
glitches? yes.....cheats? no
soldier-dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 soldier-dark
Member since 2005 • 5909 Posts
Is it bad that I laughed when I watched it? They got owned by the spectator.
jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts

I don't see any cheating in the video.CheeChee_Macko

Turn up your sound because the guy is actually giving a commentary lol

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ibacai
[QUOTE="Ibacai"]Blech, not saying that this isn't a problem but there are glitches and cheats on the 360 version too.Dante2710

Is not exploiting a glitch, cheating?
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts

I once played a match on COD4 (forgot what map) where the other side got a helicopter into the field in less than a minute.

I don't think that's supposed to even be possible....

darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darkmagician06
[QUOTE="Dante2710"][QUOTE="Ibacai"]Blech, not saying that this isn't a problem but there are glitches and cheats on the 360 version too.Ibacai

no because anybody can exploit a glitch. everybody cannot cheat like what was seen in the video
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dante2710
[QUOTE="Dante2710"][QUOTE="Ibacai"]Blech, not saying that this isn't a problem but there are glitches and cheats on the 360 version too.Ibacai

ummm technically yes....but we are talking about something within the game that everyone can exploit...and this isnt the case
strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts
All I see is some noob getting owned by some uber skills. :P
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ibacai
You two are using ignorance as an excuse? Anyone can do what those guys in the video are doing if you have the knowledge. Same goes for exploiting a glitch. They are just more widely known. *Shrug*, from what I've read it looks like there is more of a problem on the PS3 but personally I'd like to see IW do something to help the game in general.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dante2710
You two are using ignorance as an excuse? Anyone can do what those guys in the video are doing if you have the knowledge. Same goes for exploiting a glitch. They are just more widely known. *Shrug*, from what I've read it looks like there is more of a problem on the PS3 but personally I'd like to see IW do something to help the game in general.Ibacai
its not ignorance...ur taking it too far....if anyone can use this glitch....then why arent they? they guy posted the video for a reason....not to show it off and he is clearly complaining about it......and this isnt up to IW....this is sony`s problems.....p2p.....sony needs to step up and start banning cheaters
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
sony needs to get cracking on cheaters. i don't quite get it though, cheating just to get up your score in a video game?
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ibacai
[QUOTE="Ibacai"]You two are using ignorance as an excuse? Anyone can do what those guys in the video are doing if you have the knowledge. Same goes for exploiting a glitch. They are just more widely known. *Shrug*, from what I've read it looks like there is more of a problem on the PS3 but personally I'd like to see IW do something to help the game in general.Dante2710
its not ignorance...ur taking it too far....if anyone can use this glitch....then why arent they? they guy posted the video for a reason....not to show it off and he is clearly complaining about it......and this isnt up to IW....this is sony`s problems.....p2p.....sony needs to step up and start banning cheaters

Sony doesn't handle the servers (Reason why there is a server team for the PS3 CoD4 ver at IW). It needs to be taken up with IW to stop the cheating. And why aren't more people doing this? Knowledge, intelligence, apathy, morals....Take your pick, and I know I'm missing some and I've simplified the situation. But we seem to be arguing about semantics here.
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
Mutliplayer cheaters: The desperate noobs of online games
DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 DuDisNow
Member since 2007 • 2741 Posts

Ban the cheaters!

out0v0rder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 out0v0rder
Member since 2006 • 1994 Posts
time to buy a ps3, cheating is fun as hell and makes all the other players mad. If someone gets mad at you in an online game for any reason whatsoever, you are the winner.
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts

[QUOTE="Dante2710"][QUOTE="Ibacai"]You two are using ignorance as an excuse? Anyone can do what those guys in the video are doing if you have the knowledge. Same goes for exploiting a glitch. They are just more widely known. *Shrug*, from what I've read it looks like there is more of a problem on the PS3 but personally I'd like to see IW do something to help the game in general.Ibacai

Sony doesn't handle the servers (Reason why there is a server team for the PS3 CoD4 ver at IW). It needs to be taken up with IW to stop the cheating. And why aren't more people doing this? Knowledge, intelligence, apathy, morals....Take your pick, and I know I'm missing some and I've simplified the situation. But we seem to be arguing about semantics here.

that's like saying microsoft shouldn't ban cheaters and infinity ward should. just like microsoft runs XBL, sony runs psn and is responsible for community stuff like banning cheaters.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts

[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="Dante2710"][QUOTE="Ibacai"]You two are using ignorance as an excuse? Anyone can do what those guys in the video are doing if you have the knowledge. Same goes for exploiting a glitch. They are just more widely known. *Shrug*, from what I've read it looks like there is more of a problem on the PS3 but personally I'd like to see IW do something to help the game in general.shoeman12

that's like saying microsoft shouldn't ban cheaters and infinity ward should. just like microsoft runs XBL, sony runs psn and is responsible for community stuff like banning cheaters.

Sony should pursue the matter, but ultimately it will be up to Infinity Ward to implement the solution. That's what Sony gets for having a non-centralized service.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

that's a shame - that's what killed crysis MP for me, wayyy too many cheaters and the devs were too slow catching up to them.

to be honest this is what you get when you let you console run linux and make it too open... you don't get this stuff on 360. nowhere near as much at least, and its usually glitching - not flat out cheating

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ibacai

[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="Dante2710"][QUOTE="Ibacai"]You two are using ignorance as an excuse? Anyone can do what those guys in the video are doing if you have the knowledge. Same goes for exploiting a glitch. They are just more widely known. *Shrug*, from what I've read it looks like there is more of a problem on the PS3 but personally I'd like to see IW do something to help the game in general.shoeman12

Actually different, MS controls all games and servers under the Live umbrella. Sony on the other hand does not. 3rd party devs can use their own servers and rules (UT open mods) depending on how each sees fit.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dante2710
[QUOTE="shoeman12"]

[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="Dante2710"][QUOTE="Ibacai"]You two are using ignorance as an excuse? Anyone can do what those guys in the video are doing if you have the knowledge. Same goes for exploiting a glitch. They are just more widely known. *Shrug*, from what I've read it looks like there is more of a problem on the PS3 but personally I'd like to see IW do something to help the game in general.Ibacai

Actually different, MS controls all games and servers under the Live umbrella. Sony on the other hand does not. 3rd party devs can use their own servers and rules (UT open mods) depending on how each sees fit.

well if mods is worth having cheaters like that on psn.....then i guess its worth it
leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 leejohnson7
Member since 2007 • 2909 Posts
.... I never seen anything like that, but my friend on PSN hasn't told me about that happening to him (i'm on XBL when my 360 isnt ****ed, so suggesting this is Sonys fault is silly. IW are the ones who have to sort that out, as gamertags arent the centre piece of PSN from what I have heard.
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

ummm technically yes....but we are talking about something within the game that everyone can exploit...and this isnt the case
Dante2710

to be clear, XBL does allow glitchers.. but if the host is allowing it and nobody complains and plenty of other people are doing it in the same session. It's reportable if everyone's gamerzone is set to family, recreational or pro and someone's glitching. That's definitely a violation on at least 2 counts: inappropriate gamerzone and unsportsmanlike conduct.

At the end of the day, it's up to the players to report it right away. Otherwise, they have no right to complain.

But on top of that, you can give those people negative feedback and set them to Avoid status so you'll be alot less likely to be matched with them in a session.

leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 leejohnson7
[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="shoeman12"]

[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="Dante2710"][QUOTE="Ibacai"]You two are using ignorance as an excuse? Anyone can do what those guys in the video are doing if you have the knowledge. Same goes for exploiting a glitch. They are just more widely known. *Shrug*, from what I've read it looks like there is more of a problem on the PS3 but personally I'd like to see IW do something to help the game in general.Dante2710

well if mods is worth having cheaters like that on psn.....then i guess its worth it

COD4 isn't p2p to my knowledge, and that stuff there is illegal on ranked servers. You just want to bash Sony for something when they don't control it.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#42 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Wow, they suck
shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts
This would never happen on XBL and that video is a demonstration why the X360 is FAR better for FPS
leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 leejohnson7

This would never happen on XBL and that video is a demonstration why the X360 is FAR better for FPSshadow8585

yes it could. Even if it was something you could file a complaint over, it would never get enough complaints, even then, to get them banned.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dante2710

COD4 isn't p2p to my knowledge, and that stuff there is illegal on ranked servers. You just want to bash Sony for something when they don't control it.

leejohnson7
please do a bit of research before making a statement like that thanks.....and i can bash sony all i want
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts
There's like a whole generation of basement dwellers who devote themselves to hacking games. Weird as heck
leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 leejohnson7
[QUOTE="leejohnson7"]

Dante2710

please do a bit of research before making a statement like that thanks.....and i can bash sony all i want

If you bash sony and don't want to sound like a total fanboy, the idea is to pick a valid reason.

wmc540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 wmc540
Member since 2006 • 2620 Posts

[QUOTE="shadow8585"]This would never happen on XBL and that video is a demonstration why the X360 is FAR better for FPSleejohnson7

yes it could. Even if it was something you could file a complaint over, it would never get enough complaints, even then, to get them banned.

Nah, the complaint system relies on frequency and amount of complaints. They can pinpoint legit cheaters pretty easily based off of the system.

ice144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ice144
Member since 2005 • 3350 Posts

Looks like some people have never played counter-strike...

To the people flaming the ps3 for this, quite frankly, i'd rather have mods on my game console at the risk of hackers instead of not having mods, aka live. Ofc this isnt possible on live, you CANT change anything...unlike the ps3... ofc live is better overall, I'm just stating something that should have been already obvious.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

.... I never seen anything like that, but my friend on PSN hasn't told me about that happening to him (i'm on XBL when my 360 isnt ****ed, so suggesting this is Sonys fault is silly. IW are the ones who have to sort that out, as gamertags arent the centre piece of PSN from what I have heard.leejohnson7

it's totally sony's fault - it's because they made an open system you can abuse, not a closed on like 360.

this is why i play multi mostly on the 360 - because you get next to zero cheaters. on my PC, and on my PS3 before I sold it, you get this crap all the time.

i know some people bash MS for not letting mods in and making the system closed, but imo its a great thing if you hate cheaters ;)