Buy a PS3 or a DS ?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

natsirt67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 natsirt67
Member since 2005 • 891 Posts
Wich system should i buy ? i am a big RPG fan but i am also a fan of the major ps2 game series like metal gear . I aleady have an X360 and a Wii.
Flexmaster_365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Flexmaster_365
Member since 2006 • 1650 Posts
DS atleast its innovative...
the_h_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_h_bomb
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts

DS by Far. PS3 is too expensive, online isn't finished, exclusives are just coming in

Buy a PS3 next year when you can buy a ton of stuff with it and you get a dual shock in the box. DS is the king of handhelds

AIH_PSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AIH_PSP
Member since 2005 • 2318 Posts
WTF? If you have a 360 and Wii, why not complete your collection with a PS3? The DS is getting old now and IMO, there aren't enough really good innovative games on it. There are better games on PS3/360.
St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

DS by Far. PS3 is too expensive, online isn't finished, exclusives are just coming in

Buy a PS3 next year when you can buy a ton of stuff with it and you get a dual shock in the box. DS is the king of handhelds

the_h_bomb
I couldn't have said it better myself, buy a DS for its great RPG's that it has right nmow and then a PS3 in 09 when all its good games are out.
shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts
DS no question
sambalimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sambalimbo
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

Wich system should i buy ? i am a big RPG fan but i am also a fan of the major ps2 game series like metal gear . I aleady have an X360 and a Wii.natsirt67

lol srsly? you are undecided between a ps3 and a ds? how is that even possible?

iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iamsickofspam
Member since 2007 • 1043 Posts

DO you have a HD TV, and what is your budget?

If buying a DS means you can buy 10 games, it might be worth getting a DS, but if your going to pick up a few PS3 games with a PS3 and you have a HD TV already, its a no brainer dude.

I own a DS and PS3, i play my DS more than my PS3, but thats because of a lack of Quality titles for PS3, if your a fan of Sonys Franchises your not going to want to wait much longer to pick up a PS3 as the big games are due to trickle out in the next few months.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
Well you can buy a DS and a few games with the same amount of money, and there are more good games out now for the DS than there are for the PS3.
teufelherz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 teufelherz
Member since 2004 • 1315 Posts
Definitely DS
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
DS, The best FF game is coming on out soon! Final Fantasy tactics Advance 2!
MartinMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MartinMan
Member since 2005 • 1486 Posts
PS3
typevuspecII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 typevuspecII
Member since 2008 • 352 Posts

Get a PSP... Crisis Core! Nuff said.

Otherwise... since you like RPG... get a DS theres plenty of Final Fantasy on there - I'm currently hooked on FF3 on the DS.. its nice its like playing pokemon on the gameboy but better. The DS should tide you over until FFXIII comes out on the PS3... then you can get a PS3 then and play that to fulful your in depth graphic RPG needs.

the_h_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_h_bomb
wait, if you own a 360 why do you want a PS3? MGS will be awesome but it's not worth 400 bucks
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dibdibdobdobo

wait, if you own a 360 why do you want a PS3? MGS will be awesome but it's not worth 400 bucksthe_h_bomb

He wants RPG's!! I never knew MGS was a RPG!

EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts
Get a DS since you alreqady have a 360 theres is not need more a ps3 since both consoles have the same graphics and games with the exception of a few exclusives.
gatorteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gatorteen
Member since 2005 • 2760 Posts

[QUOTE="the_h_bomb"]wait, if you own a 360 why do you want a PS3? MGS will be awesome but it's not worth 400 bucksDibdibdobdobo

Read the original post
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dibdibdobdobo
[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]

[QUOTE="the_h_bomb"]wait, if you own a 360 why do you want a PS3? MGS will be awesome but it's not worth 400 bucksgatorteen

Read the original post

I have.... 1 game over a whole host of RPG's! Hmm easy to say RPG > one game.

the_h_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_h_bomb

Dibdibdobdobo

360 has Mass Effectt, Fable 2, Infinite Undiscovery, Tales of Vesparia and Cry On. It absolutely pwns the PS3 when it comes to RPGS

heck in terms of RPGs the DS pwns every next gen console + the PSP. He needs to get a DS and forget the PS3 if he already owns a 360

gatorteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gatorteen
Member since 2005 • 2760 Posts
If you didnt have a 360 I might say go with the ps3, but since you do go with the DS.
justin4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 justin4444
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts
As the other guys said, get a DS. Since you have a console, you need a handheld to carry on wherever you go. And RPGs on the DS are great.
natsirt67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 natsirt67
I also forgot to mention that i have a psp.
Masters_Chief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Masters_Chief
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts
I would get a PS3. The line-up is :)
Avatar image for ULTIMATEZWARRIO
ULTIMATEZWARRIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 ULTIMATEZWARRIO
Member since 2004 • 6026 Posts
i can't believe the number of people saying ds. i have a ds and the games coming out for it have gone downhill and since you have a psp, those games have moved uphill. you should wait for the mgs4 bundle, but if you were to wait a whole year because people said that all these great games are coming out, well the ones that are multiplayer are usually most fun near its a release
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dibdibdobdobo

i can't believe the number of people saying ds. i have a ds and the games coming out for it have gone downhill and since you have a psp, those games have moved uphill. you should wait for the mgs4 bundle, but if you were to wait a whole year because people said that all these great games are coming out, well the ones that are multiplayer are usually most fun near its a releaseULTIMATEZWARRIO

Because everyone has a opinion! The opinion is DS >> PS3! so your part of the minority.

Masters_Chief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Masters_Chief
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts

[QUOTE="ULTIMATEZWARRIO"]i can't believe the number of people saying ds. i have a ds and the games coming out for it have gone downhill and since you have a psp, those games have moved uphill. you should wait for the mgs4 bundle, but if you were to wait a whole year because people said that all these great games are coming out, well the ones that are multiplayer are usually most fun near its a releaseDibdibdobdobo

Because everyone has a opinion! The opinion is DS >> PS3! so your part of the minority.

Guess what? thats an opinion too.. bet ya didn't huh?
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dibdibdobdobo
[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]

[QUOTE="ULTIMATEZWARRIO"]i can't believe the number of people saying ds. i have a ds and the games coming out for it have gone downhill and since you have a psp, those games have moved uphill. you should wait for the mgs4 bundle, but if you were to wait a whole year because people said that all these great games are coming out, well the ones that are multiplayer are usually most fun near its a releaseMasters_Chief

What that the majority of opinions have said DS >> PS3 on this post!! Ermm nope i've read every post!

you failed. try again :-)

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dibdibdobdobo
[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"][QUOTE="Masters_Chief"][QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]

[QUOTE="ULTIMATEZWARRIO"]i can't believe the number of people saying ds. i have a ds and the games coming out for it have gone downhill and since you have a psp, those games have moved uphill. you should wait for the mgs4 bundle, but if you were to wait a whole year because people said that all these great games are coming out, well the ones that are multiplayer are usually most fun near its a releaseMasters_Chief

What that the majority of opinions have said DS >> PS3!! Ermm nope i've read every post!

you failed. try again :-)

I failed? pahahaha get outta here kid. You think I care that much what TC gets?..

you're over here like "yes yes! 1 more potential soldier in the nintendo army! Miyamoto will promote me :D"

Nooo i'm just capable of reading a whole post. Unlike yourself! Check the previous posts and the orignal post asking what is better for RPG's the PS3 or the DS! People have said the DS as there opinion! You got abnoxious when i made you look stupid by saying peoples majority of people opinions where DS >> PS3 for RPG's and had to resort to being rude.

Oh and by the way your abuse does not even make sense.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

DS, The best FF game is coming on out soon! Final Fantasy tactics Advance 2!Dibdibdobdobo

I hope it will be good(and better then the first one), but it not going to be the best FF game.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dibdibdobdobo

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]DS, The best FF game is coming on out soon! Final Fantasy tactics Advance 2!Wanderer5

I hope it will be good(and better then the first one), but it not going to be the best FF game.

I prefer the tactic games over the main series. Only one i really enjoyed was 7.

blahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blahzor
Member since 2005 • 2287 Posts

I would recomend the DS. In my opinion, it is the superior platform for gaming this generation(alongside the pc of course).

You said you liked rpgs, but what kind? I could see an rpg fan digging some of the crazy ds titles like the brilliant Professor Layton(best game ever created! :D) and Phoenix Wright games. The DS does have a good list of RPGS(and an even better one of upcoming ones).. not all are the highest scoring games, but they are solid, like Luminious Arc a very fun strategy rpg.

darkIink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 darkIink
Member since 2006 • 2705 Posts
[QUOTE="the_h_bomb"]

St_muscat
I couldn't have said it better myself, buy a DS for its great RPG's that it has right nmow and then a PS3 in 09 when all its good games are out.

yeah FF4 remake and Sonic Chronicles are coming out this year.
wasted_wisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wasted_wisdom
Member since 2008 • 1767 Posts

the_h_bomb

Um...what makes the DS the king of handhelds? It has just as much AAAs at the PSP and the PSp has more AAs. Speaking of fun factor(which is all due to personal preference) the PSP is the way to go. It has real good garaphics and good 3d games and not remakes of 2d side scrollers(except this time you control them by blowing on the screen or poking it)

It's able to combine good gameplay with graphics. If you're a casual who prefers games like nintendogs and Dogz, even though no one knows the diffrence, then the DS is the way to go. I mean sure it has good games like Metroid(which is the only game I respect on the Ninendo platform), Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario whatever, all those mario games, but most of the other games feature kiddy graphics and some text captions. The PSP features real 21st century graphics and gameplay. So it's all up to you, both are great systems and have great games so choose between those.

OH and for the guy that says the PS3's online isn't finished, Um...at least it has an online. Oh sure the Wii has that pathetic market place where you could barely play with more than 6 people. The_H-Bomb, I've seen most of your post and I'm a fanboy too, but you're just taking things a little to far with it....Man this whole place is ridded with people who just state opinions and apply them as facts, it's just so disgusting!

the_h_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_h_bomb

Um...what makes the DS the king of handhelds? It has just as much AAAs at the PSP and the PSp has more AAs. Speaking of fun factor(which is all due to personal preference) the PSP is the way to go. It has real good garaphics and good 3d games and not remakes of 2d side scrollers(except this time you control them by blowing on the screen or poking it)

It's able to combine good gameplay with graphics. If you're a casual who prefers games like nintendogs and Dogz, even though no one knows the diffrence, then the DS is the way to go. I mean sure it has good games like Metroid(which is the only game I respect on the Ninendo platform), Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario whatever, all those mario games, but most of the other games feature kiddy graphics and some text captions. The PSP features real 21st century graphics and gameplay. So it's all up to you, both are great systems and have great games so choose between those.

OH and for the guy that says the PS3's online isn't finished, Um...at least it has an online. Oh sure the Wii has that pathetic market place where you could barely play with more than 6 people. The_H-Bomb, I've seen most of your post and I'm a fanboy too, but you're just taking things a little to far with it....Man this whole place is ridded with people who just state opinions and apply them as facts, it's just so disgusting!

wasted_wisdom

:lol: Most of those "amazing PSP games" are also availible on the PS2, the Piece of Crap barely has any good exclusive games. That's why it got pwned by the superior handheld.

The DS still has games coming out for it. It plays GBA games. It has a decent battery life. It has no load times. It's more compact than the PSP. It has a lot more than "casual games" like Zelda, Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, Dragon Quest, Bangai-O, Contra etc which you would know if you has been gaming for more than 6 months and weren't an embarassing fanboy who loves Sony and thinks they "love" him back.

God damn fanboys make me sick
Shadow2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Shadow2k6
Member since 2005 • 2283 Posts
[QUOTE="St_muscat"][QUOTE="the_h_bomb"]

darkIink

yeah FF4 remake and Sonic Chronicles are coming out this year.

Sonic Chronicles is a joke. Sonic turn-based RPG? Please. Sonic is about speed not selecting attack in a menu.

I'd go for the PS3. Consoles > Handhelds any day.

Alias_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Alias_Nemesis
Member since 2007 • 415 Posts
DS DS DS XD
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#39 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts
I would say a DS on the basis that with the 400 dollars you spin on the PS3, you could get a DS and like 7 games.
tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts
If you want another handheld get a DS. If you want a HD media console, get the PS3.
Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts
Atlus and Square-Enix are releasing a whole bunch of RPG's on the DS, so I say DS.
Vanadium2k8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Vanadium2k8
Member since 2008 • 1605 Posts

DS of course. Especially if you import from Japan. PS3 fails big time in the RPG department, why even Wii with Fire Emblem destroys PS3's entire current RPG selection of... Folklore. Buy Shiren DS.

Let's do a fair comparison here:

DS

• Harvest Moon
  • Harvest Moon 2
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
  • Seiken Densetsu: Children of Mana
  • Xenosaga: Episode I & II
  • Magical Starsign
  • Megaman ZX Advent
  • Final Fantasy III (first time released in the US)
  • Rune Factory
  • Tingle RPG
  • Pokemon: Diamond/Pearl
  • Shiren Mysterious Dungeon
  • Final Fantasy Fables
  • Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
  • Etrian Odyssey
  • Harvest Moon: The Island I Grew Up On
  • Luminous Arc
  • Seiken Densetsu: Heroes of Mana
  • Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Ring of Fates
  • Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
  • Contact
  • Megaman Starforce

Japan Imports

• Final Fantasy IV
  • Dragon Quest IV
  • Tales of Innocence
  • ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Time/Darkness Exploration Team
  • It's a Wonderful World
  • Ys I & II
  • Soma Bringer
  • Afterschool Boy
  • Etrian Odyssey 2
  • Time Hollow
  • Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Sealed Grimoire

PS3 RPGs

• Folklore
  • Genji: Days of the Blade

Japan Imports

• Disgaea 3
Avatar image for scoobiesnackarf
scoobiesnackarf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 scoobiesnackarf
Member since 2005 • 1559 Posts

i can't believe the number of people saying ds. i have a ds and the games coming out for it have gone downhill and since you have a psp, those games have moved uphill. you should wait for the mgs4 bundle, but if you were to wait a whole year because people said that all these great games are coming out, well the ones that are multiplayer are usually most fun near its a releaseULTIMATEZWARRIO

Exactly! We are talking about a HANDHELD vs a CONSOLE. The PS3 will do much more than the DS (Blu-ray, web, home, free online with multiplayer, etc...) and the games coming out for it are simply awsome. MGS4, GT5p, KillZone2, White Knight Story. It already has Warhawk which is fantastic, Ratchet and Clank, etc... I have both a DS and a PS3 and you better believe if I had the option to get either it wouldn't be a question.

Alan

Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts

[QUOTE="ULTIMATEZWARRIO"]i can't believe the number of people saying ds. i have a ds and the games coming out for it have gone downhill and since you have a psp, those games have moved uphill. you should wait for the mgs4 bundle, but if you were to wait a whole year because people said that all these great games are coming out, well the ones that are multiplayer are usually most fun near its a releasescoobiesnackarf

Exactly! We are talking about a HANDHELD vs a CONSOLE. The PS3 will do much more than the DS (Blu-ray, web, home, free online with multiplayer, etc...) and the games coming out for it are simply awsome. MGS4, GT5p, KillZone2, White Knight Story. It already has Warhawk which is fantastic, Ratchet and Clank, etc... I have both a DS and a PS3 and you better believe if I had the option to get either it wouldn't be a question.

Alan

He said he likes RPG's. You only named one RPG.

ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 ChiddaPotta
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts

Buy a DS. Because they're are plenty of great RPG games on the DS. Save up your money after getting a DS for a PS3 in 09 where all the good games will be out. Besides, if you get a PS3 now, what games are you going to buy?? Get a DS, you'll have plenty of great RPG games but i cant name any because im not a RPG fan. So do your research and pick which is best. Well, this is just my opinion.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
The DS is cheap....
rocketman001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rocketman001
Member since 2007 • 874 Posts
Ds
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts

[QUOTE="natsirt67"]Wich system should i buy ? i am a big RPG fan but i am also a fan of the major ps2 game series like metal gear . I aleady have an X360 and a Wii.sambalimbo

lol srsly? you are undecided between a ps3 and a ds? how is that even possible?

I have both and thats pretty much my thoughts as well. No contest. PS3 is a way better choice. How somebody could be stuck between these two is beyond me that's for sure.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

Get a Ps3. It will probably last you longer.

I've had a DS since the year it came out. The games are looking less and less interesting as the years go on. I haven't played it in months.

natsirt67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 natsirt67
Ok ppl i decided and i'm going to buy a ds in summer .