Blue Dragon looks AWESOME [What is a 56k? A miserable little pile of secrets]

• 151 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kankthetank
Member since 2003 • 4212 Posts

"But enough Talk, HAVE AT YOU!!"

P.S: "Borrowed" from NeoGAF posters

**That was a Castlevania: SOTN quote for teh clueless :P

viper7721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 viper7721
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts
IMO, Blue Dragon has better graphics than the original Toy Story movie.
xjet039

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 xjet039
Member since 2004 • 3007 Posts
I know i cannot wait this is my most anticipated game of the whole year im dieing here waiting on it i also cant wait for lost oddysey and the soundtracks are amazing.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
I certainly looks pretty, but I hate Toriyama's art style with a passion.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
Looks gorgeous graphically... but I guess I'll have to deal with Toriyama's unoroginal artwork by now... I'm just bored of all his work done in DBZ art, I'd wish the man would find a new style, or try something different... I mean I don't wanna rag on him, I just am no fan of the DBZ stlye anyways...
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vandalvideo
Looks gorgeous graphically... but I guess I'll have to deal with Toriyama's unoroginal artwork by now... I'm just bored of all his work done in DBZ art, I'd wish the man would find a new style, or try something different... I mean I don't wanna rag on him, I just am no fan of the DBZ stlye anyways... yoshi_64
And dragon quest, the chrono series, and quite a few other series. Toriyama could use some diversity in his drawings I say.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]Looks gorgeous graphically... but I guess I'll have to deal with Toriyama's unoroginal artwork by now... I'm just bored of all his work done in DBZ art, I'd wish the man would find a new style, or try something different... I mean I don't wanna rag on him, I just am no fan of the DBZ stlye anyways... Vandalvideo
And dragon quest, the chrono series, and quite a few other series. Toriyama could use some diversity in his drawings I say.

Yeah, I hear you. I was never a fan of DBZ in general honestly, but the art style of his just has worn itself out long ago for me. I mean in DQ VIII the main character looked like Gohan to me... I couldn't get into the game with that. No one really looks unique to me, all of them look somwhat similar to DBZ characters now. It's just... a bit ridiculous if you ask me. *le sigh* I suppose though I should swallow it up, because I would like a JRPG on a next gen console, and something that has actual substance.
kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kankthetank

[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]Looks gorgeous graphically... but I guess I'll have to deal with Toriyama's unoroginal artwork by now... I'm just bored of all his work done in DBZ art, I'd wish the man would find a new style, or try something different... I mean I don't wanna rag on him, I just am no fan of the DBZ stlye anyways... Vandalvideo

It's understandable but I always looked at it like it's his signature in art. Besides, not many artists have diversity in their drawings, it's just Toriyama's is so famous and it was used a lot. Anyway, the environments in the game are really attractive and the colors stand out; that's mainly why the game is gorgeous.

E_x_i_l_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 E_x_i_l_e
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
Blue Dragon looks so lame.. I watched the gameplay and it definately doesnt appeal to me, and the whole dragon ball style.. doesnt belong in this game.. IMO it doesnt do it justice.. just because graphics are good doesnt mean the game is good.. RPGs IMO i believe need to have great story, great characters and character development, and great battle systems
xjet039

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xjet039

Blue Dragon looks so lame.. I watched the gameplay and it definately doesnt appeal to me, and the whole dragon ball style.. doesnt belong in this game.. IMO it doesnt do it justice.. just because graphics are good doesnt mean the game is good.. RPGs IMO i believe need to have great story, great characters and character development, and great battle systemsE_x_i_l_e

Blue dragon has all what oyu named, and i guess final fantasy versus 13 doesnt have anything fun. 

kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kankthetank
Blue Dragon looks so lame.. I watched the gameplay and it definately doesnt appeal to me, and the whole dragon ball style.. doesnt belong in this game.. IMO it doesnt do it justice.. just because graphics are good doesnt mean the game is good.. RPGs IMO i believe need to have great story, great characters and character development, and great battle systemsE_x_i_l_e
:| The game IS good and it actually has all of that. The story is great (not too deep but very well presented), there is a lot of character development, and the battle system is traditional turn-based with some unique twists.
E_x_i_l_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 E_x_i_l_e
[QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"]Blue Dragon looks so lame.. I watched the gameplay and it definately doesnt appeal to me, and the whole dragon ball style.. doesnt belong in this game.. IMO it doesnt do it justice.. just because graphics are good doesnt mean the game is good.. RPGs IMO i believe need to have great story, great characters and character development, and great battle systemskankthetank
:| The game IS good and it actually has all of that. The story is great (not too deep but very well presented), there is a lot of character development, and the battle system is traditional turn-based with some unique twists.

I'm not immediately judging the game, I don't know the story behind it and I don't know about the characters. However, from what I've seen just doesnt interest me. The art style doesnt interest me. Even the turn based battles in this game look really boring to me (from what I've seen) It's kind of judging a book by its cover, yes, I do think it looks pretty lame from what I've seen, but hell if I get it and if I get into it my whole outlook can change. Not saying its a bad game, just saying i have to get into the game to really judge it
kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kankthetank
[QUOTE="kankthetank"][QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"]Blue Dragon looks so lame.. I watched the gameplay and it definately doesnt appeal to me, and the whole dragon ball style.. doesnt belong in this game.. IMO it doesnt do it justice.. just because graphics are good doesnt mean the game is good.. RPGs IMO i believe need to have great story, great characters and character development, and great battle systemsE_x_i_l_e

I'm not immediately judging the game, I don't know the story behind it and I don't know about the characters. However, from what I've seen just doesnt interest me. The art style doesnt interest me. Even the turn based battles in this game look really boring to me (from what I've seen) It's kind of judging a book by its cover, yes, I do think it looks pretty lame from what I've seen, but hell if I get it and if I get into it my whole outlook can change. Not saying its a bad game, just saying i have to get into the game to really judge it

I got what you meant from your original post, I just replied to mention that the game has those qualities that makes a good RPG.
E_x_i_l_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 E_x_i_l_e
[QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"][QUOTE="kankthetank"][QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"]Blue Dragon looks so lame.. I watched the gameplay and it definately doesnt appeal to me, and the whole dragon ball style.. doesnt belong in this game.. IMO it doesnt do it justice.. just because graphics are good doesnt mean the game is good.. RPGs IMO i believe need to have great story, great characters and character development, and great battle systemskankthetank

I got what you meant from your original post, I just replied to mention that the game has those qualities that makes a good RPG.

lol I meant to quote the person above you :P
Avatar image for monsternachoman
monsternachoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 monsternachoman
Member since 2006 • 1264 Posts

Is this on Gamecube?

kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kankthetank

Is this on Gamecube?

monsternachoman

Click to Hear Kefka Laugh at You

kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kankthetank
IMO, Blue Dragon has better graphics than the original Toy Story movie.viper7721
Dunno about that but it does look impressive. Also, reviews were praising how at times, it was hard to tell the difference between the in-game models and the FMV sequences.
Endfinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Endfinal
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts
What resolution are these pictures running at? Are they also using VGA cables?
kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kankthetank

What resolution are these pictures running at? Are they also using VGA cables?Endfinal

Beats me, ask the guys at NeoGAF, I just "borrowed" their pics :D

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130965

Avatar image for GermanShepard06
GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GermanShepard06
Member since 2006 • 3285 Posts

where is the life in this game?

he's all alone in the game, no people in the village?

TheOneMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 TheOneMan
Member since 2006 • 2952 Posts
i have to admit, that's some Pixar quality **** right there. Too bad Akria Toriyama's art style sucks ass.
Avatar image for GermanShepard06
GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GermanShepard06
Member since 2006 • 3285 Posts

i have to admit, that's some Pixar quality **** right there. Too bad Akria Toriyama's art style sucks ass.TheOneMan

this is pixal quality to you? 

That first pic is cgi, and u cant play cgi on x360.

kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kankthetank

GermanShepard06
Please, I beg you, don't start trolling here too. You want to see filled cities, watch the various clips on gamevideos.com or gametrailers or on the official site. There are cities filled with many NPCs (it wouldn't be an RPG otherwise :| ). Besides, one of the strong points of Blue Dragon is that it's a very lively game.
viper7721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 viper7721
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts

[QUOTE="TheOneMan"]i have to admit, that's some Pixar quality **** right there. Too bad Akria Toriyama's art style sucks ass.GermanShepard06

this is pixal quality to you?

That first pic is cgi, and u cant play cgi on x360.

Yes, that is Pixar quality.  Stop hating just cause the PS3 is a sinking ship. 

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
Very excited for this game.August cant come soon enough.
kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kankthetank

[QUOTE="TheOneMan"]i have to admit, that's some Pixar quality **** right there. Too bad Akria Toriyama's art style sucks ass.GermanShepard06

this is pixal quality to you? That first pic is cgi, and u cant play cgi on x360.

The first pic is not CGI, so stop making stuff up...Fanboys :roll:
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts
[QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

[QUOTE="TheOneMan"]i have to admit, that's some Pixar quality **** right there. Too bad Akria Toriyama's art style sucks ass.kankthetank

this is pixal quality to you? That first pic is cgi, and u cant play cgi on x360.

Its in-engine cut-scene.
mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts
yeah it looks really good
kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kankthetank
[QUOTE="kankthetank"][QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

[QUOTE="TheOneMan"]i have to admit, that's some Pixar quality **** right there. Too bad Akria Toriyama's art style sucks ass.Cubs360

this is pixal quality to you? That first pic is cgi, and u cant play cgi on x360.

Its in-engine cut-scene.

Yeah, that's not the same as CGI.
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts

GermanShepard06
and now it begins....
kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kankthetank

**Updated with new pics**

GermanShepard06

Oh and GermanShepard, here you go:

osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 osusfaith
Member since 2006 • 7398 Posts
Wow those are beautiful pics Really CG like
mestizoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 mestizoman
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

IMO, Blue Dragon has better graphics than the original Toy Story movie.viper7721
really?

i believe ts still has a slight edge

osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 osusfaith

[QUOTE="viper7721"]IMO, Blue Dragon has better graphics than the original Toy Story movie.mestizoman

really?

i believe ts still has a slight edge

Yea most likely. Although I'm sure it'd be easier to compare playin the game itself in high-def on your own TV to make the best comparison
jukieuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 jukieuk
Member since 2006 • 940 Posts
this game looks amazing, i just love jrpgs, nearly finish dragon quest(amazing game). Looks like this and trusty bell will meake me buy a 360
beldugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 beldugo
Member since 2003 • 2374 Posts
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"]Looks gorgeous graphically... but I guess I'll have to deal with Toriyama's unoroginal artwork by now... I'm just bored of all his work done in DBZ art, I'd wish the man would find a new style, or try something different... I mean I don't wanna rag on him, I just am no fan of the DBZ stlye anyways... yoshi_64

Yeah, I hear you. I was never a fan of DBZ in general honestly, but the art style of his just has worn itself out long ago for me. I mean in DQ VIII the main character looked like Gohan to me... I couldn't get into the game with that. No one really looks unique to me, all of them look somwhat similar to DBZ characters now. It's just... a bit ridiculous if you ask me. *le sigh* I suppose though I should swallow it up, because I would like a JRPG on a next gen console, and something that has actual substance.

DQ 7 character has orange hair.. gohan has black hair. he's art style cant change, thats like asking someone to write differently when 90% of the world love the original way. you even contradict yourself saying it looks gorgeous graphically when theirs more out there that look way better graphically, all you are looking at is toriyamas art and deep down inside you love it hehe. this game will be too great, im getting the special edition if there is one ^_-.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"]Looks gorgeous graphically... but I guess I'll have to deal with Toriyama's unoroginal artwork by now... I'm just bored of all his work done in DBZ art, I'd wish the man would find a new style, or try something different... I mean I don't wanna rag on him, I just am no fan of the DBZ stlye anyways... beldugo

DQ 7 character has orange hair.. gohan has black hair. he's art style cant change, thats like asking someone to write differently when 90% of the world love the original way. you even contradict yourself saying it looks gorgeous graphically when theirs more out there that look way better graphically, all you are looking at is toriyamas art and deep down inside you love it hehe. this game will be too great, im getting the special edition if there is one ^_-.

Even CLAMP, who has the arguablly most eccentric, unique art style has diversity in herses(STRANGE) works.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#38 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
Already preordered mine.
xjet039

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xjet039

Already preordered mine.SemiMaster

i havent yet but i soon am.

kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kankthetank

Wow those are beautiful pics Really CG likeosusfaith

Yeah, I like this overworld pic the most:

Only because the game will have the Overworld/ Airship tradition that's carried throughout Final Fantasy.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
the characters remind me a those plastic or porcelain figurines.
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts
I'm so pumped for this game. :D
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Felous1
Member since 2006 • 4557 Posts
Awesome water. Again.
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts

"But enough Talk, HAVE AT YOU!!"

P.S: "Borrowed" from NeoGAF posters

**That was a Castlevania: SOTN quote for teh clueless :P

kankthetank
That looks freaking good!!!! I wonder hows the music ^_^ there'll be a demo I believe, can't wait!
kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kankthetank

the characters remind me a those plastic or porcelain figurines.Ontain

More lifelike now? :lol: :P

osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 osusfaith

[QUOTE="Ontain"]the characters remind me a those plastic or porcelain figurines.kankthetank

More lifelike now? :lol: :P

Where'd you find that?
kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kankthetank
[QUOTE="kankthetank"]

[QUOTE="Ontain"]the characters remind me a those plastic or porcelain figurines.osusfaith

More lifelike now? :lol: :P

Where'd you find that?

Hehe, a poster's avatar (I'm pretty sure, he got it from those small gameplay clips that came form the official site).
kyle-244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 kyle-244
Member since 2006 • 1198 Posts
it looks awsome
kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kankthetank
That looks freaking good!!!! I wonder hows the music ^_^ there'll be a demo I believe, can't wait!-KinGz-
I have the full soundtrack. Overall it's pretty good (not Uematsu's best work but still great, nevertheless). There are probably 4 or 5 tracks that stand-out, which I really like; the rest is more atmospheric for the game. It's a light-hearted game so the mood of many tracks are light but there is also really nice sad/ gloomy ones and one towards the end that's mostly vocal (opera-like), kinda like Sephiroth's battle theme ("one winged angel) from Final Fantasy VII.
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts
it looks awsome kyle-244
true dat :p, anyone got info about the music? I'm intrigued :S