Bloomberg: "PS3 fails to spur demand" "Sony may post loss"

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FlashMan2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FlashMan2006
Member since 2006 • 2923 Posts

"Sony Corp., the world's second-largest consumer electronics maker, may report its biggest quarterly loss in four years after the PlayStation 3 game console failed to spur as much demand as Nintendo Co.'s Wii player."

Sony's CEO, Howard Stinger, is in a tough position. He promised to cut his company's losses so he's going to have to do something about Sony's unprofitable game division which is cutting into Sony's other profitable divisions. A price cut will only widen the losses, so don't expect a price cut anytime soon.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601080&sid=aTVZj2sgVtvk&refer=asia

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
Buh buh buh...The Sony PS3 is outselling the PS1 and PS2 back when they were released! The PS3 is selling awsome! And they are in it for the long term! And blu-ray! And and and....
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
Sounds like Sony might drop the PS line up because its bleeding money. Good riddance.
Rosencrantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rosencrantz
Member since 2003 • 8148 Posts
I'm usually a SOny fan...but MAY post loss?  They've already posted a loss and with very little software on shelves STILL, it doesn't take an expert to see that Sony could be losing money on the PS3 for a few years yet.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#5 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Sounds like Sony might drop the PS line up because its bleeding money. Good riddance.JiveT
You actually want gaming companies to fail? Wow...
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Firelore29
Member since 2007 • 4158 Posts

This would be an absolute disaster for Sony if they had to scrap the PS3.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JiveT

[QUOTE="JiveT"]Sounds like Sony might drop the PS line up because its bleeding money. Good riddance.SolidSnake35

Only Sony and Nintendo.

-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts
I don't want ms, nintendo or sony out of gaming, these are bad news for everyone.
Supernova_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Supernova_86
Member since 2007 • 517 Posts

[QUOTE="JiveT"]Sounds like Sony might drop the PS line up because its bleeding money. Good riddance.SolidSnake35

That is quite strange, indeed. Any company that has contributed greatly to the video gaming industry deserves my respect. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are all great companies becuase of their contributions to video gaming.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="JiveT"]Sounds like Sony might drop the PS line up because its bleeding money. Good riddance.JiveT

Only Sony and Nintendo.

Give me a logical reason why you would want that. That would just ruin the gaming industry and leave many people without their favourite games. Plus, Microsoft would totally dominate and create a monopoly more tragic than their current operating system.
Number_1_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Number_1_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1786 Posts

So they're (Sony Computer Entertainment) expected to lose around $1 billion in ONE FISCAL QUARTER ALONE?

Damn....

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Its amazing how everyone in SW is now a financial expert. I'm sure everyone has a broker dealer and a portfolio of stock investments.

I mean we are talking about people who complain about threads with alot of text. The smartest folks on earth I bet.

metalmonkey268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 metalmonkey268
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts

Wii player

does it play wii's? 

Evil-Zero86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Evil-Zero86
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts

Jive= definition of a true fanboy....

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
I don't want ms, nintendo or sony out of gaming, these are bad news for everyone.-KinGz-
I wouldn't mind if MS leaves. SHOOTAHS.
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

the ps3 is simply bleeding money...

i just don't see how long sony can prop up SCE.....

something's gotta give...  even the money made from bluray doesn't necessarily funnel to SCE as sony has a separate media division...

i feel bad for stinger tho; the finger will be pointed at him when it was kuturagi's brainchild....

metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts
I think this says something...

Sony's ps3 was 1 generation too soon, it costs too much to make and it costs too much to buy, cycle of death ensues. 

Im all for great looking graphics, however i think Nintendo was smart and saw how trying to jump that far would not work out fantastic. Some people may state about the 360 but remember that was losing money for microsoft just like the ps3 is.

Next gen I think will be the time for true HD gaming at an affordable price.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

This would be an absolute disaster for Sony if they had to scrap the PS3.

Firelore29

they won't scrap it. they'll probably just fire a lot of ppl like they always do.

ramey70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ramey70
Member since 2006 • 4002 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="JiveT"]Sounds like Sony might drop the PS line up because its bleeding money. Good riddance.JiveT

Only Sony and Nintendo.

How does a corporation, and 1,000's of people losing their jobs, enhance your gaming experience? 

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tango90101
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="JiveT"]Sounds like Sony might drop the PS line up because its bleeding money. Good riddance.ramey70

Only Sony and Nintendo.

How does a corporation, and 1,000's of people losing their jobs, enhance your gaming experience? 

it frees up developers to make games for the better console...:)

metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts
Wanting sony and nintendo to drop out is quite dumb, and cleary shows immaturity. You want M$ to control everything in gaming? 1 company to develop game cosoles... complete controll ==== price rise! how great for gaming. think foxtell... the only pay tv in australia and it is way over priced for what you get ebcause there is no compitetion.

Plus its just dumb, nintendo wont be falling through, especially when they are racking in profits.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="JiveT"]Sounds like Sony might drop the PS line up because its bleeding money. Good riddance.ramey70

Only Sony and Nintendo.

the only way i could see is because then all games would be released on the 360. of course a monopoly wouldn't be a good thing either.

anyway it's sad that they always layoff hundreds of thousands of employees that don't even make what a couple of top ppl make. 

ramey70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ramey70
[QUOTE="ramey70"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="JiveT"]Sounds like Sony might drop the PS line up because its bleeding money. Good riddance.tango90101

Only Sony and Nintendo.

Then what about competition driven motives for the maker of the "better console" to continue providing a better product? 

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts

I don't want ms, nintendo or sony out of gaming, these are bad news for everyone.-KinGz-

Ditto.  even if the 360 is my favorite console this gen, that doesn't mean that I hope that Nintendo and Sony fail.  I'm sorry to say this, but a true gamer has loyalty to the industry as a whole, not individual companies.

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="JiveT"]Sounds like Sony might drop the PS line up because its bleeding money. Good riddance.Ontain

Only Sony and Nintendo.

the only way i could see is because then all games would be released on the 360. of course a monopoly wouldn't be a good thing either.

anyway it's sad that they always layoff hundreds of thousands of employees that don't even make what a couple of top ppl make. 

A Monopoly would be terrible next thing you know the next Xbox would costs like over 500 dollars or something ridiculous.
ramey70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ramey70

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="JiveT"]Sounds like Sony might drop the PS line up because its bleeding money. Good riddance.Ontain

Only Sony and Nintendo.

When I worked for AMR (American Airlines) we would routinely run statistical models showing exactly how many people would need to be laid off for a variety of situations.   Or worst scenario included ther furlough or ourtright termination of 25,000 employees.   Of course, it meant continued employment for the other 63,000.

ROCKINGFOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ROCKINGFOOL
Member since 2005 • 1795 Posts
i guess crazy ken  set the  bar too high that he ended up geting fired :)
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tango90101
[QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="ramey70"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

Only Sony and Nintendo.

Then what about competition driven motives for the maker of the "better console" to continue providing a better product? 

who says they won't continue to provide the better product...

besides, there will always be Nintendo.... so MS won't be a monopoly.

i just find it odd that the same people who were salivating at the slower than ps2 sales of the xbox and MS "impending doom" are now defending a 3 console race...

my how times change...;)

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JiveT
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="JiveT"]Sounds like Sony might drop the PS line up because its bleeding money. Good riddance.SolidSnake35

Only Sony and Nintendo.

Give me a logical reason why you would want that. That would just ruin the gaming industry and leave many people without their favourite games. Plus, Microsoft would totally dominate and create a monopoly more tragic than their current operating system.

I say that because I hate Nintendo and Sony. I migh still end up with a Wii and a PS3 but my hate for those two companies is off the scale right now. I'm mad at Sony for making the POS3 such a huge expensive disappointment. I really thought it was going to be awesome. I'm mad at Nintendo for dumbing down the Wii controls and being so cheap they didn't bother to upgrade the graphics from last gen. Yes the Wii was originally going to have two motion sensors instead of one and the graphics would make you say wow. These companies don't deserve anyone's money or praise. Microsoft made a great system with 360 that has an awesome custom interface, custom soundtracks, windows media streaming, a fantastic online experience with plenty of demos, movies, videos, a nice selection of arcade/original games, and graphics that match or exceed its $200 more expensive competition. The hardware failure rate is way too high but I learned from PS hardware to buy a warranty if you get the chance. 360 FTW.

ramey70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ramey70

sony came closer than anyone, i think... with "100 million ps2" against 20 million xbox is pretty uneven... even so, they maintained the level of arrogance that always accompanies such position, mocking MS' xbox live vision, controller, hdd, and games...

now? sony is hurting trying to catch up to MS in those areas..... if sony was a monopoly, we'd still be playing the PS1...

sony was given every opportunity to "try" this generation, but chose to turn their backs on their gamers in favor of movie watchers...

leave the windows arguments out of this or i will bring a TON of sony misbehaving's to your attention...

this is about the ps3. let's leave it here...;)

tango90101

You don't have to tell me about Sony's problems as I'm well aware of them.  Sony is a corporation and therefore I owe zero allegiance or loyalty to them.  In fact, I was using Sony's problems and arrogance regarding the PS3 as evidence of why one company with too much market influence is a bad thing.  Sony and Microsoft are as interchangeable to me as KitchenAid and Whirlpool.   

Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts
As much as you people whine and moan.......Sony isn't going any where, it is good water cooler talk but the reality is it is the 2nd largest Corp.....
Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 Trading_Zoner
Member since 2007 • 4100 Posts
wii player?
whoever wrote this article is obviously a noob.
and who cares about stringer and all that.
as long as ps3 gets good games who cares.
DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts

wow boy are you reaching fanboy, sony trying to catch up on MS ? controller, what the hell are you talking about ? is that why MS said 1080p wasnt needed and added it later ? is that why they added the HDMI port, and an HD movie player ? even going so far as to copy the color with elite ? do i relly need to continue my ownage upon you ? better yet i wont even waste any more time on you.

anyways i love how people are claiming owange on this, and it was posted on here already BTW last night. but not only is it speculation, cus sony hasnt posted anything yet, and console generations dont last one quarter. good thing sony just broke all previous records with spiderman 3 right ? and the movie is on a faster pace than 1 and 2 ;) also sony is taking a lot of cost cutting measures with the removial of the ps2 chips, cheaper ps3 chips, cheaper diodes, cheaper manufacturing, etc. so they wont be losing as much on each ps3 if anything at all come a few months. and also dont these losses take account the bluray losses and not just gaming ? of course a new medium will take losses at first but bluray  will kill hd dvd and spiderman 3 might do that single handedly come this fall ;)Chris-Hansen

Using a movie as proof to bail the PS3? Talk about grasping. Anyone with even a minor knowledge of the industry will tell you the only reason this pile of garbage is making money is because it had high anticipation followed by no competition. Do you honostly think it's going to outpace 1 and 2 when Shrek the Third and Pirates: At Worlds End are released? The movie has already dropped 60% after 1 week. I doubt DVD sales will help that much.

Getting back on topic, as much as watching Sony fail would be entertaining from being around since last gen, total control from 1 company would provide low quality products. If you don't beleive me look at wrestling after McMahon bought out WCW and ECW...

das_beck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 das_beck
Member since 2004 • 1204 Posts

Its amazing how everyone in SW is now a financial expert. I'm sure everyone has a broker dealer and a portfolio of stock investments.

I mean we are talking about people who complain about threads with alot of text. The smartest folks on earth I bet.

Bread_or_Decide
I read this on my Bloomberg Terminal.
jbeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jbeen
Member since 2006 • 2372 Posts
As a owner of both the PS1 and PS2 I have no hard feelings toward Sony. In fact I wold love to own a PS3 but at this point in my life I don't have the money to buy one. I got a 360 from my wife last year and will stick with that this gen. Sony's biggest problem this gen is people like me, they just assumed everyone would find a way to shell out big bucks for a PS3 when, unless you have a large disposable income or live with you're parents and don't have a lot of bills to pay, most people find it hard to justify spending that kind of money on a video game system. Heck, I had a hard time justifying spending the money on a 360 and that is about $200 less. Sony made assumptions about peoples spending habits that they should not of. They also assumeed that more people have HDTV they do. I think HDTV is still in only about 10% or peoples homes.
NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NeoStar9
Member since 2003 • 1761 Posts
For all Sony's money and size it can't keep bleeding money like this. It stands to wonder though if they could just cut their losses with the PS3 and drop it. Would it save them more money in the long run? The longer they keep funneling money into SCE the less overall profit their other divisions are seeing. If they got rid of it the overall picture for the other parts of the company would look better, thus making shareholders happier, making the company as a whole look a lot more profitable.

What Sony is going through with the PS3 is good I think, at least for the industry. It shows that graphics isn't everything and there is a limit to how much you can charge people. Even if Sony doesn't get out of the video game industry, at least the console side, it is going to take them a while to recover or regain the top. It took Nintendo almost 10 years to do it, no reason to think it couldn't take Sony just as long or longer after this PS3 mess. It's a buyers market and people aren't buying for the price, when there is something else more interesting and new (Wii) or better priced (360).

At times I think this whole situation should be looked at in classrooms. I think in a few years it just might.

Rosencrantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rosencrantz
Member since 2003 • 8148 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="JiveT"]Sounds like Sony might drop the PS line up because its bleeding money. Good riddance.tango90101

Only Sony and Nintendo.

People always have some theory about what will make better games.  First it was having three consoles because the competition was supposed to encourage better games.  Instead all we get is more ports, more sequals and more multi-plat crap.   Then it was supposed to be new hardware with new features and even better graphics.  Again we end up with more ports, more multi-plats and more crap. 

Suddenly laying off people si supposed to free up devs to make better games?  Please.  Developing games is quickly turning into the new media...or the new Hollywood.  They are all corporations looking to do the least amount of work and effort while making the most money.  All these layoffs will do is exactly what we've already seen.  They will take less risk and play it even more safe...resulting in ports, multi-plats and half-assed games.

Iyethar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Iyethar
Member since 2006 • 4660 Posts

Bread_or_Decide

You're only cutting yourself down here, y'know.  This sort of statement indicates a lack of faith in your own intellectual abilities. 

Chris-Hansen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chris-Hansen
Member since 2007 • 685 Posts

[QUOTE="Chris-Hansen"]wow boy are you reaching fanboy, sony trying to catch up on MS ? controller, what the hell are you talking about ? is that why MS said 1080p wasnt needed and added it later ? is that why they added the HDMI port, and an HD movie player ? even going so far as to copy the color with elite ? do i relly need to continue my ownage upon you ? better yet i wont even waste any more time on you.

anyways i love how people are claiming owange on this, and it was posted on here already BTW last night. but not only is it speculation, cus sony hasnt posted anything yet, and console generations dont last one quarter. good thing sony just broke all previous records with spiderman 3 right ? and the movie is on a faster pace than 1 and 2 ;) also sony is taking a lot of cost cutting measures with the removial of the ps2 chips, cheaper ps3 chips, cheaper diodes, cheaper manufacturing, etc. so they wont be losing as much on each ps3 if anything at all come a few months. and also dont these losses take account the bluray losses and not just gaming ? of course a new medium will take losses at first but bluray  will kill hd dvd and spiderman 3 might do that single handedly come this fall ;)DXGreat1_HGL

Using a movie as proof to bail the PS3? Talk about grasping. Anyone with even a minor knowledge of the industry will tell you the only reason this pile of garbage is making money is because it had high anticipation followed by no competition. Do you honostly think it's going to outpace 1 and 2 when Shrek the Third and Pirates: At Worlds End are released? The movie has already dropped 60% after 1 week. I doubt DVD sales will help that much.

Getting back on topic, as much as watching Sony fail would be entertaining from being around since last gen, total control from 1 company would provide low quality products. If you don't beleive me look at wrestling after McMahon bought out WCW and ECW...

if you had minor knowlege than you would know what im talking about :) they can afford to take these losses cus of the success of the movie division and electronics, its not about bailing out the ps3. just like your precious MS can afford to take a 5 and a half billion dollar hit cus the have an OS monopoly ;) you telling me spiderman 1 and 2 didnt have high anticipation and low competition ? companies choose to not release movies around big hitters like this for a reason, not to be crushed like some movies are.

a drop from a record breaking weekend is expected, but the 10 day time period it is still outpacing the other movies despite so so reviews. talk about grasping lol. maybe if you had a little more knowlege you would know most movies make their big cash on dvd, and this movie will probably break records there as well, and blu ray sales will rise because of SM3 and pirates as well, and whatever other big hitters are coming to blu ray which help sony's overall bottom line even more.
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tango90101
[QUOTE="tango90101"] 

sony came closer than anyone, i think... with "100 million ps2" against 20 million xbox is pretty uneven... even so, they maintained the level of arrogance that always accompanies such position, mocking MS' xbox live vision, controller, hdd, and games...

now? sony is hurting trying to catch up to MS in those areas..... if sony was a monopoly, we'd still be playing the PS1...

sony was given every opportunity to "try" this generation, but chose to turn their backs on their gamers in favor of movie watchers...

leave the windows arguments out of this or i will bring a TON of sony misbehaving's to your attention...

ramey70

You don't have to tell me about Sony's problems as I'm well aware of them.  Sony is a corporation and therefore I owe zero allegiance or loyalty to them.  In fact, I was using Sony's problems and arrogance regarding the PS3 as evidence of why one company with too much market influence is a bad thing.  Sony and Microsoft are as interchangeable to me as KitchenAid and Whirlpool.   

this is where we differ.  I don't see sony and ms as interchangeable.

the ps was product of a electronics engineer.

the xbox was the product of a team of gamers.  i'll bet you think the xbox was bill's own conception, design and strategy, right? 

i see ms as being different than sony in that they ASKED what gamers want insted of DICTATING what gamers want, as with sony....

DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts
[QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

[QUOTE="Chris-Hansen"]wow boy are you reaching fanboy, sony trying to catch up on MS ? controller, what the hell are you talking about ? is that why MS said 1080p wasnt needed and added it later ? is that why they added the HDMI port, and an HD movie player ? even going so far as to copy the color with elite ? do i relly need to continue my ownage upon you ? better yet i wont even waste any more time on you.

anyways i love how people are claiming owange on this, and it was posted on here already BTW last night. but not only is it speculation, cus sony hasnt posted anything yet, and console generations dont last one quarter. good thing sony just broke all previous records with spiderman 3 right ? and the movie is on a faster pace than 1 and 2 ;) also sony is taking a lot of cost cutting measures with the removial of the ps2 chips, cheaper ps3 chips, cheaper diodes, cheaper manufacturing, etc. so they wont be losing as much on each ps3 if anything at all come a few months. and also dont these losses take account the bluray losses and not just gaming ? of course a new medium will take losses at first but bluray  will kill hd dvd and spiderman 3 might do that single handedly come this fall ;)Chris-Hansen

if you had minor knowlege than you would know what im talking about :) they can afford to take these losses cus of the success of the movie division and electronics, its not about bailing out the ps3. just like your precious MS can afford to take a 5 and a half billion dollar hit cus the have an OS monopoly ;) you telling me spiderman 1 and 2 didnt have high anticipation and low competition ? companies choose to not release movies around big hitters like this for a reason, not to be crushed like some movies are.

a drop from a record breaking weekend is expected, but the 10 day time period it is still outpacing the other movies despite so so reviews. talk about grasping lol. maybe if you had a little more knowlege you would know most movies make their big cash on dvd, and this movie will probably break records there as well, and blu ray sales will rise because of SM3 and pirates as well, and whatever other big hitters are coming to blu ray which help sony's overall bottom line even more.

1. My precious M$? Now I know you're grasping.
  2. Spiderman 2 made money? Yes, but not as much as they wanted, it wasn't even close to the #1 movie that summer (Shrek2) because they launched it in the middle of the summer with heavy competition.
  3. Anyone who can't see that the records 3 holds aren't strictly because there was no competition and high anticipation shouldn't be watching movies to brgin with. By the end of May, no one will remember Spiderman existed. It will beat out 3, but not 1. Shrek and Pirates will bury it.
  4. Nice to see you have to bunch Pirates in with Spidey because out of the 2, Pirates would be the one to drive BR sales, not Spidey, unless Sony spends billions trying to make it look better.
Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Brown52
Member since 2006 • 2639 Posts

Yes.  Having only 2 consoles to buy is better than 3.  THen again, nothing in the POS3 lineup is all the appealing anyways. 

DeadlyZodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DeadlyZodiac
Member since 2007 • 1367 Posts
Things like this are exactly why 360 owners get hopeful for PS3 exclusives.
Kreean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Kreean
Member since 2006 • 683 Posts
[QUOTE="ramey70"][QUOTE="tango90101"] 

tango90101

this is where we differ.  I don't see sony and ms as interchangeable.

the ps was product of a electronics engineer.

the xbox was the product of a team of gamers.  i'll bet you think the xbox was bill's own conception, design and strategy, right? 

i see ms as being different than sony in that they ASKED what gamers want insted of DICTATING what gamers want, as with sony....

XBox a product of gamers? ROFL :lol: ... how old are you?

Yeah, bad Sony. They forced me to play God of War, Shadow of the colossus, ICO, Loco Roco, Singstar, The Legend of Dragoon... they are bad really bad.

jackelcog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jackelcog
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts

Sony claims to have shipped 6 million units. If they sold that many thru to consumers, it wouldn't change a thing except give them momentum. So, currently, they have 6 million that were produced at $X amount (best guesses where around ~$800). Now, those sales are already out the door. Sony has already sold those to retailers and have already taken the loss on the units.

So stop crying about Sony "deliberately NOT wanting to sell that many consoles". The fact is that HAVE sold many consoles to retailers, and wanted to sell a HELL of a lot more, but consumer apathy is killing sell-through figures (e.g. Sony shipped over 1 million PS3s in Japan since late December, yet after the initial week of high sales, 1 million STILL haven't been sold to consumers yet).

Sangu1ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Sangu1ne
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts

Sounds like Sony might drop the PS line up because its bleeding money. Good riddance.JiveT

PS3 still makes contribution to the massive R+D costs that are currently being written off, it is highly unlikely any company would drop a product line that quickly.

As for good riddance, could you really imagine the market with nil competion?