Blizzard & Nintendo rely on great gameplay never the graphics in their games

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kakarot00769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kakarot00769
Member since 2004 • 9306 Posts
Blizzard & Nintendo if ever they merge is a match made in heaven.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
Blizzard=Nintendo IMO
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

Expect to hear nothing but

All Nintendo does is milk the same franchises over and over again(even though it does have some validity to it)

and Blizzard is teh overrated.

But what kind of game could you make from a Nintizzard

or Blizztendo

I mean would it be a platformer

FPS

RTS

RPG

MMO

Action/adventure

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

Blizzard rely on a great community....

Blizzard are too hardcore for Ninty.

vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vicmackey39
Member since 2008 • 2416 Posts
I'd argue that Mario Galaxy looks far nicer than most of the games on the 360/PS3 and the same is true of Diablo 3 and starcraft 2
-PS360-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 -PS360-
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts
OMG for the last timez ninty isnt about gameplay at all!!!! do you call flicking a controller in different directions revolutionary gameplay???? Lolz!!!
blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blingchu55
Member since 2007 • 3098 Posts

Blizzard rely on a great community....

Blizzard are too hardcore for Ninty.

angelkimne

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
Nintendo usually make the best out of what they've got graphics wise (their true games anyway, i.e. not wii sports)
DarxPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 DarxPhil
Member since 2007 • 1135 Posts
Thats cuz they let the gameplay do the talking for them. They dont need shiny graphics(even tho i like shiny graphics).
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

OMG for the last timez ninty isnt about gameplay at all!!!! do you call flicking a controller in different directions revolutionary gameplay???? Lolz!!!-PS360-

I think the Wiimote is a better controller for FPS, than the 360 or PS3 controler. You can not even play Point and Clicks that well with other controlers. The Wiimote would be for RTS than other controllers out right now. The Wiimote is better for party games than other controllers.

My statement is for console systems only.

Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
Blizzard=Nintendo IMO lordlors
Sorry to break it to you but Blizzard aren't Nintendo.
DarkyC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DarkyC
Member since 2007 • 713 Posts
Blizzard & Nintendo rely on making the same game again and again without bothering updating the graphics.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
Blizzard & Nintendo rely on making the same game again and again without bothering updating the graphics.DarkyC

Because Starcraft 2 looks identical to Starcraft, doesn't it?
blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blingchu55

[QUOTE="DarkyC"] Blizzard & Nintendo rely on making the same game again and again without bothering updating the graphics.Doom_HellKnight

Because Starcraft 2 looks identical to Starcraft, doesn't it?

Don't forget how 8 bit SMG was

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

I thought the graphics in Diablo 3 looked good. o_O

Nothing groundbreaking, but good for this kind of game.

PEELEDbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PEELEDbanana
Member since 2006 • 2053 Posts
You see, Blizzard is better because they don't make a low-tech console, sell it to you for way more then it is worth (the technology inside it) and tease you with some amazing games, then leave you hanging for a few years. Well, I guess you can never get overwelmed with games.... Blizzard always makes good games. Nintendo keeps putting out Mario Party games which no one seems to care much about anymore. I am starting to see a trend here. Blizz>Nintendo (as a developer, not their games, i am not going to get in the middle of that flame war).
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

Blizzard & Nintendo rely on making the same game again and again without bothering updating the graphics.DarkyC

Im suprised how dumb you are! I'm sure Super Mario Sunshine looks quite shoddy in comparison to Super Mario Galaxy! I'm quite sure SSBB looks 10 times better than Super Smash Brothers Melee. Im sure i could go on all day talking about how Nintendo games this generation look much better and run much better than previous installments of Nintendo games!

I'd carry on poking fun at your stupidity but im too busy laughing.

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts
I don't think Blizzard and Nintendo should ever be in the same topic. They cater to completely different gaming groups... Nintendo caters to a wide demographic while Blizzard caters to their loyal group of fans.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts
I don't think Blizzard and Nintendo should ever be in the same topic. They cater to completely different gaming groups... Nintendo caters to a wide demographic while Blizzard caters to their loyal group of fans.TDLlama

WoW says hi!
enral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 enral
Member since 2006 • 728 Posts

Nintendo is like exploiting the casual market and allowing trash games to go on their system. Blizzard on the other hand develop quality games that I will cancel my holiday trip and isolate myself from the world just to play their games.

They are on a completely different level, don't put the epic Blizzard together with the casual ninty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#21 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts

Nintendo always makes their games have the best graphics possible on what they have. Super Mario Galaxy is very impressive for a Wii game. If Wii was as powerful as the 360 and PS3, then Nintendo would probably have the best looking games, technically and artistically. Nintendo always had impressive technical graphics.

Nintendo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blizzard

Don't even compare them. Nintendo kicks the living crap out of Blizzard.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JLF1

Nintendo is like exploiting the casual market and allowing trash games to go on their system. Blizzard on the other hand develop quality games that I will cancel my holiday trip and isolate myself from the world just to play their games.

They are on a completely different level, don't put the epic Blizzard together with the casual ninty.

enral

Blizzard casulaized the warcraft brand into the travesty that is WoW.

Hate in Nintendo all you want but Blizzard is just the same.

Before you mention Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 I will mention Super Mario Galaxy, Brawl and Metroid Prime 3.
blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blingchu55

enral

All blizzard does is prey on complete losers who spend all their time playin mmorpg's(i mean the people who are really obsessed, not all players are like that)

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts
hey I bet nintendo would love to have the kind of money that blizzards has seeing they are almost dead and dying lol
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts
[QUOTE="enral"]

JLF1

Blizzard casulaized the warcraft brand into the travesty that is WoW.

Hate in Nintendo all you want but Blizzard is just the same.

Before you mention Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 I will mention Super Mario Galaxy, Brawl and Metroid Prime 3.

:cry:

I don't wanna have to play WoW to get the ****ing WC lore. I WANT THE RTS's BACK!

blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blingchu55

hey I bet nintendo would love to have the kind of money that blizzards has seeing they are almost dead and dying lolblackdreamhunk

be a fanboy much?

MajinFix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MajinFix
Member since 2005 • 480 Posts
in my personal opinion that would be a disaster, maybe they have been making games great in gameplay that is true in my opinion, but they have dramatical style, design and yes blizzard has storylines, those 3 are the main things I like about blizzard appart from nintendo that has games that I would say don't add up to my age, or its just not my thing, anyway if those would merge I think I would end up in a disaster, I think those 2 companies have pretty much simmilar vision of what a game should be, but the way they think and work I think its two opposite polaritis that would I would to say destroy each other
akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

nitendo's best games generally have great gameplay and great graphics

blizzard deliberately don't great a technical masterpiece so that as many PC gamers can play thier games as possible .. it's not like crysis where only the better PCs can play the game smoothly

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JLF1

:cry:

I don't wanna have to play WoW to get the ****ing WC lore. I WANT THE RTS's BACK!

SSCyborg

Agreed.

I don't in anyway hate on Blizzard, I think they are on of the best devs ever but I still want Warcraft 4 instead of WoW.
TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

[QUOTE="TDLlama"]I don't think Blizzard and Nintendo should ever be in the same topic. They cater to completely different gaming groups... Nintendo caters to a wide demographic while Blizzard caters to their loyal group of fans.JLF1

WoW says hi!

I don't think WoW says hi.

WoW and Blizzard game in general are pretty much for teens and young adults. Blizzard can't quite capture the kid audience like Nintendo does... or even the older folks. Blizzard will always satisfy the 15-34 demographic and that's fine, but to say Blizzard caters to all audiences is silly.

tarzanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tarzanell
Member since 2006 • 1503 Posts
My two favourite developers? Hell yes, they belong in the same topic.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

OMG for the last timez ninty isnt about gameplay at all!!!! do you call flicking a controller in different directions revolutionary gameplay???? Lolz!!!-PS360-

HAHA YA LOL CUZ DAT ALL YOU CAN DO WITH IT!!! Fact is that the IR pointer is the best bit of the Wii remote, but just because it has accelerometres, everyone focuses on them and goes "LUL IT'S GOT TEH WAGGLEZ!!" IR pointer makes Wii remote > your controller.

Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Donkey_Puncher
Member since 2005 • 5083 Posts

Nintendo would ruin Blizzard. Blizzard>>>>Nintendo.

I don't need a thousand mario spin offs with tacked on motion controls.

xXSecksXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xXSecksXx
Member since 2007 • 468 Posts
I think Blizzard is one of the most brilliant developers out there. All of their games are truly merits to gaming. After all, Starcraft is what really got me into gaming. Although Nintendo does have really great games, I still think Blizzard has the ability to blow Nintendo away in terms of developing. Their both great companies though.
stepat201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 stepat201
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

Right,that's why Warcraft 3 was in 3D,had a completely new stoyline with a lengthy campaign,had two new armies and a new hero system along with a new creep system. Warcraft 2 had all of that right?

I don't suppose that made any sense to you though since you haven't played it.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
Blizzard is not even in Nintendos league. In this gen alone Nintendo has released 3AAA's + 2 more if you count gamerankings. Blizzard would be lucky to do that by the end of this gen.
Catpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Catpee
Member since 2006 • 2552 Posts
I dunno, at least to me, Wii seems like a serious bust. I have yet to find a single game on the system that is worth spending more than an hour or two total playtime.
Catpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Catpee
Member since 2006 • 2552 Posts

Blizzard is not even in Nintendos league. In this gen alone Nintendo has released 3AAA's + 2 more if you count gamerankings. Blizzard would be lucky to do that by the end of this gen. Silenthps

How much trash has Nintendo released too though? Blizzard would never release a dud as bad as Mario Party 8....ever. They release fewer games, but games that are much more polished and much more addictive than anything Nintendo releases.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
I agree that their approach and philosophy to game design are nearly identical. Fun first, tech later.
--ProtoMan--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 --ProtoMan--
Member since 2007 • 1376 Posts

games that are much more polished and much more addictive than anything Nintendo releases.

Catpee

Wait... you're faulting Nintendo for not polishing their games enough? Go play nearly any game in the main Mario or Zelda series and tell me it's not polished.

And while I guess you can criticize them for spinoffs, keep in mind that Nintendo has notdeveloped Mario Party (Hudson) or the Mario sports series (Camelot, Namco, Next Level Games, etc.).

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
The last decent Nintendo game i played was Galaxy. Mario Kart was absolutely terrible and i think they should be ashamed to have the Nintendo seal of approval on the box.
X_Evo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 X_Evo
Member since 2005 • 1016 Posts

Nintendo would ruin Blizzard. Blizzard>>>>Nintendo.

I don't need a thousand mario spin offs with tacked on motion controls.

Donkey_Puncher
I want to see Blizzard create a game console and constantly come out with high quality games for it, I bet they can't.
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#43 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
well blizzard's strategy is different from nintendo's a bit. they make decent looking games that more importantly run on the average system well. the wii doesn't have an excuse because all wiis are the same they could have easily made the graphics a little better.
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]Blizzard is not even in Nintendos league. In this gen alone Nintendo has released 3AAA's + 2 more if you count gamerankings. Blizzard would be lucky to do that by the end of this gen. Catpee

How much trash has Nintendo released too though? Blizzard would never release a dud as bad as Mario Party 8....ever. They release fewer games, but games that are much more polished and much more addictive than anything Nintendo releases.

Does it matter? So what if nintendo makes games for people who like to play a few party games. It doesn't make me enjoy the 2007 goty any less.
Kakarot00769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kakarot00769
Member since 2004 • 9306 Posts

hey I bet nintendo would love to have the kind of money that blizzards has seeing they are almost dead and dying lolblackdreamhunk

nintendo is a 30 billion dollar company .any1 who expected nintendo go the way of sega b4 or think they will die are the financially un-sophisticated people

MMassyrian519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MMassyrian519
Member since 2008 • 203 Posts
blizzard is to hardcore for nintendo. It would be like comparing Kratos to a toddler.
Oscar-Wilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Oscar-Wilde
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts

Lol at the blizzard fanboys that are hating on Nintendo, they sure crack me up with their hypocrisy:

"Bu but all Nintendo does is milk the same franchise over and over again" - Yet Blizzard have been relying on the same 3 franchises since 1995. Shameful just shameful.

"LOLOL blizzard = teh hardcore and Kidtendo = teh casual" - Yet they made WoW the most casualized and shallow (not free) MMO in the whole market as of now... pathetic

"ERRR All of Nintendo games are just rehashes!!!!" - you mean like Diablo III? like Starcraft II? Where is the innovation Blizzard! Where is it?

Fun fact (yes I'm posting my opinions as fact like you fanboys) Blizzard AND Nintendo are considered by most gamers top of the line developers of the same caliber when it comes to making masterpieces, so just deal with it.

Nintendo =Blizzard.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Blizzard & Nintendo if ever they merge is a match made in heaven.Kakarot00769

Blizzard would never merge with ninentdo because nintendo's consoles cant handle too much blood like D3.

And never ever say again , that nintendo is the same as blizzard , because blizz gave us truly original new gameplays thru their games , and on very difficult genres, like MMORPGs and RPGs and RTS. Not just kiddy image , easy to make PLATFORMS. Now go play some SMG plz

StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 StryderK
Member since 2006 • 3189 Posts
ht

Expect to hear nothing but

All Nintendo does is milk the same franchises over and over again(even though it does have some validity to it)

and Blizzard is teh overrated.

But what kind of game could you make from a Nintizzard

or Blizztendo

I mean would it be a platformer

FPS

RTS

RPG

MMO

Action/adventure

jg4xchamp

If Nintendo ever join with Blizzard in an unholy alliance....Pokemon MMORPG yes please!!!! Another sure fire cash cow for both alongside WoW!

Oscar-Wilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Oscar-Wilde
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts

[QUOTE="Kakarot00769"]Blizzard & Nintendo if ever they merge is a match made in heaven.AzatiS

Blizzard would never merge with ninentdo because nintendo's consoles cant handle too much blood like D3.

And never ever say again , that nintendo is the same as blizzard , because blizz gave us truly original new gameplays thru their games , and on very difficult genres, like MMORPGs and RPGs and RTS. Not just kiddy image , easy to make PLATFORMS. Now go play some SMG plz

You mean like No more heroes? ah let me guess you haven't played. i don't blame you it got M rating and it's sharp satire wasn't what most kids who play WoW (lol) are accustomed to, it was too sharp for it's own good.

Yet also Blizzard haven't given us an JRPG as hard as Earthbound or a SRPG as mind bending and frustrating as Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and let's not go and talk about the F-Zero series.