Blazblue Cross Tag Battle Announces 20 DLC characters

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58957 Posts

https://gematsu.com/2018/01/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-launches-may-31-japan-asia-june-5-north-america-adds-dlc-character-blake-belladonna

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle will launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam on May 31 in Japan and Asia, and June 5 in North America, developer Arc System Works announced.

The company also announced that Blake Belladonna from RWBY will appear as a playable character via downloadable content, and that a total of 20 characters will be playable in the base game, with an additional 20 planned as downloadable content.

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/01/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-launches-may-31-japan-asia-june-5-north-america-adds-dlc-character-

blake-belladonna#IYDV78dCpxbbq91c.99

So far, all 20 characters in the base game have been revealed. Blake Belladonna is the first add-on character to be announced. Here is the list of planned downloadable content:

• DLC Character All-in-One Pack
  • DLC Character: Blake Belladonna
  • DLC Character Set Vol. 1: ???, ???, and ???
  • DLC Character Set Vol. 2: ???, ???, and ???
  • DLC Character Set Vol. 3: ???, ???, and ???
  • DLC Character Set Vol. 4: ???, ???, and ???
  • DLC Character Set Vol. 5: ???, ???, and ???
  • DLC Character Set Vol. 6: ???, ???, and ???
  • DLC Character: ???

In Japan, BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle will cost 5,800 yen at retail and 5,370 yen via download. A BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle Limited Box will also be available and include the following:

• Special box with special collaborative illustration by Tochimichi Mori (Arc System Works), Shigenori Soejima (Atlus), Seiichi Yoshihara (French-Bread), and Ein Lee (Rooster Teeth)
  • “Additional Character All-in-One Pack” download code
  • BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle art book
  • Acrylic standy (PS4 version-only)
  • Multi storage pouch (Switch version-only)

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/01/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-launches-may-31-japan-asia-june-5-north-america-adds-dlc-character-blake-belladonna#IYDV78dCpxbbq91c.99

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Yeah, my hype is dead! I believe @aigis said best on a different forum, why buy a game that's half packaged? They advertised RWBY to be in this game and they only have 2 of the main roster in it!

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#3 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Ya, im really not happy about this, was my most hyped game, but now I dont know anymore. Having the investigation team and team rwby not all in the game off the hop is a big negative. The biggest problem they have right now is they arent talking to us about it, they just let it hang which is the worst thing they could do. If the game is $40 and the dlc is $20 like some people have speculated I dont think most people would have a problem with it since it comes out to the same as a full game. This whole situation is still a mess, I dont know what they were thinking

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Modern gaming, everyone!

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#5 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

Damn it. I wanted this game but they've done it again. I'll pass on this microtransaction riddled rubbish smh

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@aigis: yeah, my hype dropped when I saw Blake Belladonna behind the wall! What's the point using RWBY when it's just RW?

Didn't they make this game for a gaming tournament in Japan? It's really disappointing how Arksys got more lazy making their games now. It's all old assets reworked to fit in this game. With Ruby and Weiss being totally new.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: This is also the stupid thing, they announce Blake 6 months in advance as dlc, they have excuse to hold her back. Especially given that they are bring a full 20 character build to evo japan. They are done the game, but now they are milking it for all its worth. I dont think anyone will be able to justify that RWBY is in the crossover when RWBY isnt in the game lol. its just RW. Its pitiful. Team RWBY should be in the base game and then other characters as dlc, that I would be fine with cause I do acknowledge that they are totally new characters.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FireEmblem_Man

@mclarenmaster18 said:

The missing characters from BlazBlue cast following are: Tsubaki Yayoi, Mai Natsume, Jubei, Taokaka, Kagura Mitsuki, etc.

More reasons not to buy it!