Black Ops II looks terrible.

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 MikeMoose
Member since 2005 • 3079 Posts

I can't figure out why people are excited to pay 60 bucks to play the same game they have been playing since MW2. Can someone explain to me what is going to be so great about this game?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts
The fact that it's not the same game. I just buy them for the campaign.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]The fact that it's not the same game. I just buy them for the campaign.

uuuh why not just rent it then?
MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MikeMoose

The campain in MW3 was fun but incredibly easy. I beat the game on Veteran in a couple of sit downs. Not to mention the online was terrible. Black Ops II online looks exactly the same.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
derpp... its nothing like mw2 i find it funny that you dissing cod for rehashing the 'same game' when u have madden in ur sig, which is literally a copy paste job :lol:
MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MikeMoose

derpp... its nothing like mw2 i find it funny that you dissing cod for rehashing the 'same game' when u have madden in ur sig, which is literally a copy paste job :lol:campzor

First of all, what you see in my sig is Madden 11 because I got bored the other day and popped it in. Haven't bought one since that. And yeah, it is basically the same game. Run, shoot, kill, repeat. Just because they attempted to give it a "futuristic" feel doesn't mean the gameplay will be any different at all. Not to mention the graphics look awful.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Don't want to go back in history too far ... Played CODMW, COWMW2, skipped BLOPS, skipped CODMW3, will probably pick up CODBO2 once it is less expensive.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

It brings in just enough changes to make people buy it and play it, while also offering instant gratification and ultimate accessibility, things very important to most gamers nowdays...

I don't play CoD, but I can understand the appeal, and I don't see it going away anytime soon...

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

I've had enough of COD games. There have been so many quick releases and only small amount of changes were made. Not worth the £40.

Milk the game and I won't buy it! Simple as that.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"]The fact that it's not the same game. I just buy them for the campaign.

uuuh why not just rent it then?

We can't rent games in my country. I'd buy it regardess tho. I finish the campaign multiple times. I always have 30+ hours sp playtime.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]derpp... its nothing like mw2 i find it funny that you dissing cod for rehashing the 'same game' when u have madden in ur sig, which is literally a copy paste job :lol:MikeMoose

First of all, what you see in my sig is Madden 11 because I got bored the other day and popped it in. Haven't bought one since that. And yeah, it is basically the same game. Run, shoot, kill, repeat. Just because they attempted to give it a "futuristic" feel doesn't mean the gameplay will be any different at all. Not to mention the graphics look awful.

why would u want the gameplay to change? its got the best gameplay for console fps, and graphics? who cares... especially in a mp focused game where graphics is the last thing that matters...

I rather have 60fps fluid action then choppy 30fps which is battlefield 3 on its 'NEW ENHANCED AWESOME EDITION ENGINE'

'run,shoot,kill,repeat'

wow..u just described halo / battlefield / unreal tournament / counter strike..

Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts
They almost had me with the pick 10 system, but then they started limiting it at every step. If I want a mindless shooter, I'll just play Blacklight or something, almost the same only free.
MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MikeMoose

[QUOTE="MikeMoose"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]derpp... its nothing like mw2 i find it funny that you dissing cod for rehashing the 'same game' when u have madden in ur sig, which is literally a copy paste job :lol:campzor

why would u want the gameplay to change? its got the best gameplay for console fps, and graphics? who cares... especially in a mp focused game where graphics is the last thing that matters...

I rather have 60fps fluid action then choppy 30fps which is battlefield 3 on its 'NEW ENHANCED AWESOME EDITION ENGINE'

'run,shoot,kill,repeat'

wow..u just described halo / battlefield / unreal tournament / counter strike..

You saying it has the best gamplay for a console fps is completely opinion. I also disagree with what you said about Battlefield being overly choppy, it gave me no issues.

And yes, I realize I described those games as well, which is why I don't understand why Cod fanboys try to act like Call of Duty is some special shooter. It is as generic as they come.

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

I can't figure out why people are excited to pay 60 bucks to play the same game they have been playing since MW2. Can someone explain to me what is going to be so great about this game?

MikeMoose
IKR im waiting for black ops 3,4,5,,6,7,8 those games will be beasts on zombies.
free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

Ofcourse it looks terrible. just COD4 for sixth time. and will praise by corrupt mainstream media. better FPS games coming out (See Metro Last Light)

ARMA 3 is only military shooter that matters. SNIPER4321

reviewers are secrelty

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKBhofE9gK8rJmM5Sa__b

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Just another overpriced expansion pack for COD4.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Looks like Quake 3's b*stard child.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
NIcki Minaj looks terrible
MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MikeMoose

[QUOTE="ultimate-k"]

Just another overpriced expansion pack for COD4.

SNIPER4321

but but it has teh "sandbox" gameplay....

But guise! There are going to be a few new kill streaks online! Totally worth 60 bucks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

I was there when Call of Duty 1 was first released, that game was amazing. Call of duty turned into garbage after Call of Duty 2.
Also i prefer WW2 over modern warfare.

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MikeMoose

I was there when Call of Duty 1 was first released, that game was amazing. Call of duty turned into garbage after Call of Duty 2.
Also i prefer WW2 over modern warfare.

Davekeeh

I thought they did the whole "Modern Warfare" thing amazingly with Call of Duty 4. After that, it got dull and repetitive.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

It's one of the mysteriesof the world.

NIcki Minaj looks terriblethemajormayor

Crazy ass girl is comparable to CoD, she has ben milking Pink Friday since forever now.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Hardly terrible, but uninspired. Atleast Treyarch is actually trying to change things up a bit, but still. I'm burnt from CoD

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#27 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

Looks fun. I will be buying because I like having fun. Haters gonna hate.

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MikeMoose

Looks fun. I will be buying because I like having fun. Haters gonna hate.

burgeg

I can respect that.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

Hardly terrible, but uninspired. Atleast Treyarch is actually trying to change things up a bit, but still. I'm burnt from CoD

SNIPER4321

theres no change. its COD4 expansion set in future.

It has hardly changed I'll agree, but for a CoD game it's quite significant. The core gameplay looks to play EXACTLY the same, but atleast Trey is adding in some novel features to it. 8 player Zombies will be fun for awhile, and the MP looks to atleast not be a total clone of previous efforts. Again, I'm not buying it, but it's a step in the right direction.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

it's the same 60$ yearly rehash i'm still shocked people still even buy it. midnight release once i went to walmart to grab a few things and there was a line in gamestop moving out and around the freaking parking lot honestly?

but since it's black ups.....i'm willing to drop 60$ just to knife people in gun game

Avatar image for deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
Member since 2012 • 1173 Posts
Why would they bother spending money and time on a game that people will buy anyway? People buy it because it has Call of Duty written on the box, not because its innovative and groundbreaking.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Same game? The developers are adding a whole new setting, and seem to be really trying to do something with the tired and true COD formula. That in itself is admirable.
QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

Same game? The developers are adding a whole new setting, and seem to be really trying to do something with the tired and true COD formula. That in itself is admirable. skrat_01

..aaaand yet it still looks like a mod for CoD 4. That in itself, is ridiculous.

DeX2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DeX2010
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts
There aren't a lot of good shooters out now. The only ones better than COD that I can think of are Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3.
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts
If they changed the core gameplay it would piss off a sizeable chunk of the fanbase. Fans already go apes**t every time they change the perks, so it's not surprising the formula hasn't changed much.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#37 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
People are complaining that COD isn't Battlefield or any of their favourite shooters. Guess what, buy those games instead of expecting them to be clones of the your favourite shooters. Graphically, yes, it needs to be overhauled. That said, Black Ops 2 is one of the few COD that's genuinely trying to shake up a stale formula, and this is coming from someone who hated MW3.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Same game? The developers are adding a whole new setting, and seem to be really trying to do something with the tired and true COD formula. That in itself is admirable. QQabitmoar

..aaaand yet it still looks like a mod for CoD 4. That in itself, is ridiculous.

Sure, though in that case many games fall into that category. From Uncharted's sequels to Killzone 3 and the Gears of War sequels and so on.
RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

If only people would stop buying the yearly CoD's.... if only....

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#40 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts
Brogamers brogaming.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Says the guy with a duke nukem avatar/sig..if you like the worst game in history then i just cant comment.

black ops 2 will be the biggest/most played game this year and yes it will be the most fun FPS to come out this year, cant deal with it? ignore the game, its very easy not rocket science

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Says the guy with a duke nukem avatar/sig..if you like the worst game in history then i just cant comment.

black ops 2 will be the biggest/most played game this year and yes it will be the most fun FPS to come out this year, cant deal with it? ignore the game, its very easy not rocket science

SNIPER4321

U only play JRPGs and COD. arenot u?

No, i play everything.. what does that have to do with Black Ops 2 again??

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

platniumgamer

so you only play cod and other crap, arenot you?

The bacon obsessed guy? man i cant even take anything you say seriously :oops:

I play everything btw ;)

Black Ops 2 will destory every single game that comes out this year and heck even next year.. its time for the haters to give it a rest cuz u guys are in the minority :cool:

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

I play everything btw ;)

Black Ops 2 will destory every single game that comes out this year and heck even next year.. its time for the haters to give it a rest cuz u guys are in the minority :cool:

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

I play everything btw ;)

you should always take someone who likes bacon seriously.

now... someone who likes doctor who or cod.... not so much. :cool:

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Oh look, a troll. CoD changes more in each game than most other popular series.