Black Friday may be over, but Steam and CyberMonday are still go! - SWM

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#301 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

Gnintendo quoted our interview, but credited the wrong website.

gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=166626

Whoops!

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#302 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

look what paranoid gamer has to say about you Willy.

""Obviously nothing to be taken serious, as the interview is with forum users and is meant to be taken in a humor way.""

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 Willy105
Yeah, I saw it. It's sort-off correct. I asked Tom if he could have some fun with the interview, which resulted in the 7.5.
Flapjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 Flapjak
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

It's funny, McShea's review initially did make me think maybe Skyward Sword may have some problems, but this interview just confirmed to me that I will like the game.

See I've played the demo, and to me it controls well. I had no problem making easy work of my enemies, and I never had the problems that McShea speaks of. Of course, I've only played the demo and so I could be wrong to some extent.

But Tom's desire of a less linear Zelda just makes me laugh. I wouldn't review Skyrim and expect a main quest as engrossing as a Zelda game, and I wouldn't review a Zelda game and expect a great deal of freedom. I think it's funny that he has a negative connotation to playing a game "exactly as the developers wanted." I actually prefer to play an adventure with the developer in God's seat, the same way I like to listen to music exactly as the band intended (Beatles tunes in mono, baby). In other words, the sense of direction feels like part of the art to me.

McShea is still entitled to his opinion, all I'm saying is this interview only confirms to me that his review has no impact on my opinion. To be honest, this interview makes me think he's a bit of an idiot. But that's just my "objective" opinion. Hah.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

Good interview. It would've been nice to know more about how he calculates his scores, though. I think the issues with GS's scores (and what makes SW so exciting) is that there's very little consistency: it seems like games are broken down into their three-point system score (ie 1-6.5=terrible, 7-8.5=average/good 9-10=great) and then the reviewer picks the final score by throwing a dart at the corresponding board.

This is especially true when you consider his recent Uncharted 3 review, because the games are quite similar in a lot of ways. The UC series has always been known for less-than-spectacular controls (not to say they're bad, but the aiming has never been as good as other top-tier shooters, the cover has always been too sticky, the contextual commands aren't always on point and it features the standard TPS platforming wonkyness) and considering Naughty Dog's design formula is literally "think up set-pieces and shoe-horn in a story to connect them" it's a pretty damn formulaic series at this point. So what makes UC3 a 9.0 Editors Choice Goatee Candidate and Zelda a 7.5 Just Good?

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#306 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

It's funny, McShea's review initially did make me think maybe Skyward Sword may have some problems, but this interview just confirmed to me that I will like the game.

See I've played the demo, and to me it controls well. I had no problem making easy work of my enemies, and I never had the problems that McShea speaks of. Of course, I've only played the demo and so I could be wrong to some extent.

But Tom's desire of a less linear Zelda just makes me laugh. I wouldn't review Skyrim and expect a main quest as engrossing as a Zelda game, and I wouldn't review a Zelda game and expect a great deal of freedom. I think it's funny that he has a negative connotation to playing a game "exactly as the developers wanted." I actually prefer to play an adventure with the developer in God's seat, the same way I like to listen to music exactly as the band intended (Beatles tunes in mono, baby). In other words, the sense of direction feels like part of the art to me.

McShea is still entitled to his opinion, all I'm saying is this interview only confirms to me that his review has no impact on my opinion. To be honest, this interview makes me think he's a bit of an idiot. But that's just my "objective" opinion. Hah.

Flapjak
you know his interview is not an extension of his review. He is allowed to have personal opinions about the series, and he never marked down SS for being too linear in the review. I'm starting to think he should have never did this interview since so many posters in here don't seem to understand this very simple idea and are willing to cling to every little negative in Tom that they can in order to justify their distaste over Zelda's perceived humiliation
Flapjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 Flapjak
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

All I'm saying is that his opinions on the Zelda series just confirm that he's not looking for what I'm looking for in a game, Zelda or not. So his review doesn't really matter to me. I think his review probably shouldn't matter to a lot of people, and that's why it's really no big deal this guy dislikes SS. And while he may not use the word "freedom" in his review one of his biggest complaints is predictability. Finally, perceived humiliation? The game is still rocking a 95 on Metacritic. Not that that **** should matter, but I'm pretty sure Zelda would be fine if Gamespot put up a score of 2.3 at this point.

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#308 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Interview was great, as was the news that other websites are using our interview!
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#309 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

From what I have played the game is anything but a 7.5 more like a 9.5 so far it could be my favourite game of the year I love it.

TomMcShea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#310 TomMcShea
Member since 2005 • 879 Posts

Good interview. It would've been nice to know more about how he calculates his scores, though.PBSnipes

Under the score in every review, we have a link you can click on to see our guidelines. A game in the 7 range is described as "good overall, and likely worth playing by fans of the particular genre or by those otherwise interested. While its strengths outweigh its weaknesses, a game that falls in this range tends to have noticeable faults."

My hands are kind of tied with scores. We have certain criteria we have to follow so I can't just give out any number I want. When I submit a review for QA (a process where everyone on staff reads and weighs in on my thoughts), I do so without a score, and see what they think it sounded like. In the case of SS, everyone confirmed my belief that this really is a Good game. It would have been much easier if I had slapped on an 8.5 to the same text, and I would have gotten far less grief for it, but I want to be as informative as possible.

So, yeah, the score is the last part of a review and the entire staff talks about where this number should fall. SS has strengths but serious weaknesses, so it's firmly in the Good range. Because I really enjoyed it, I made it a 7.5 instead of a 7.0, but anything above that would contradict my evaluation.

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#311 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

[QUOTE="PBSnipes"]Good interview. It would've been nice to know more about how he calculates his scores, though.TomMcShea

Under the score in every review, we have a link you can click on to see our guidelines. A game in the 7 range is described as "good overall, and likely worth playing by fans of the particular genre or by those otherwise interested. While its strengths outweigh its weaknesses, a game that falls in this range tends to have noticeable faults."

My hands are kind of tied with scores. We have certain criteria we have to follow so I can't just give out any number I want. When I submit a review for QA (a process where everyone on staff reads and weighs in on my thoughts), I do so without a score, and see what they think it sounded like. In the case of SS, everyone confirmed my belief that this really is a Good game. It would have been much easier if I had slapped on an 8.5 to the same text, and I would have gotten far less grief for it, but I want to be as informative as possible.

So, yeah, the score is the last part of a review and the entire staff talks about where this number should fall. SS has strengths but serious weaknesses, so it's firmly in the Good range. Because I really enjoyed it, I made it a 7.5 instead of a 7.0, but anything above that would contradict my evaluation.

Well it's a relief to know the score comes last I can't really hate on the score/review much more although I wish there was a little more substance and detail regarding the actual structure and side quests. All in all I wish you would have clarified that the controls are good but because they aren't absolutely perfect you didn't enjoy them because reading the review really makes it seem like they are almost down right broken.

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 GunSmith1_basic

[QUOTE="TomMcShea"]

[QUOTE="PBSnipes"]Good interview. It would've been nice to know more about how he calculates his scores, though.Jolt_counter119

Well it's a relief to know the score comes last I can't really hate on the score/review much more although I wish there was a little more substance and detail regarding the actual structure and side quests. All in all I wish you would have clarified that the controls are good but because they aren't absolutely perfect you didn't enjoy them because reading the review really makes it seem like they are almost down right broken.

Broken means you can't beat the game. I got the impression from the review that any advantage of the wiimotion plus was undercut and that just breaking an enemy's initial stance and waggling was the best way to go through the game. Using the controls in an intelligent way has a lot of serious problems. That's not broken, just inadequate, and maybe that's why nintendo put in a way to beat an enemy by waggling your way to victory

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

[QUOTE="Jolt_counter119"]

[QUOTE="TomMcShea"]

GunSmith1_basic

Broken means you can't beat the game. I got the impression from the review that any advantage of the wiimotion plus was undercut and that just breaking an enemy's initial stance and waggling was the best way to go through the game. Using the controls in an intelligent way has a lot of serious problems. That's not broken, just inadequate, and maybe that's why nintendo put in a way to beat an enemy by waggling your way to victory

Well that's just false. From most people here that's played it waggling is what causes the problems not playing slow and intelligently and in fact it's very responsive. The only real recuring problem I've heard is the forward slash gives the most problems.

ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 ActionRemix
Member since 2011 • 5640 Posts
You don't need to explain yourself to these haters, Tom. Some of them refuse to believe that this game is anything less than the greatest Zelda game of all time. They haven't played it themselves, but insist that you must have played the game improperly. Personally, I think it's a mediocre Zelda and agree with your score, although I think you focus too much on the control issues and too little on the linearity and absolute lack of exploration.
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 GunSmith1_basic
You don't need to explain yourself to these haters, Tom. Some of them refuse to believe that this game is anything less than the greatest Zelda game of all time. They haven't played it themselves, but insist that you must have played the game improperly. Personally, I think it's a mediocre Zelda and agree with your score, although I think you focus too much on the control issues and too little on the linearity and absolute lack of exploration.ActionRemix
I said it when I saw that interview: don't involve yourself in system wars. There are people arguing with the score because of system wars ownage moreso than as an aid to help them in their purchasing decisions
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#316 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
You don't need to explain yourself to these haters, Tom. Some of them refuse to believe that this game is anything less than the greatest Zelda game of all time. They haven't played it themselves, but insist that you must have played the game improperly. Personally, I think it's a mediocre Zelda and agree with your score, although I think you focus too much on the control issues and too little on the linearity and absolute lack of exploration.ActionRemix
I agree. You dont need to explain nothing. Ok 7.5 it might be a bit harsh but these people would go into damage control with 8 as well or even 8.5. Fans or to say it better Fanatical fans of something >= Haters of something. Even if its religion , politics or even videogames. So dont explain nothing, your review said it all. Whoever disagree with the points you mentioned he can do his own review , score a 11 and be happy about it.
telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 telefanatic
Member since 2007 • 3008 Posts

This is awesome i got featured in the magazine, under Super Mario Flop !!!!

"Oh noes its a flop of the century." said Telefanatic.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Tom I have a question regarding reviews in general.

I know Kevin said a while back something like once that PCs were held to higher standards so as to say that a higher scoring PC game is inherently better than a higher scoring console game.

1) Is that still true?

2) Does that same philosophy hold true with the hardware gap between the HD twins and the Wii?

3) Does that also mean handheld games are rated on a different scale?

4) What about the thought put into reviewing DLC? Does DLC have it's own 10 point scale as well?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#319 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

This is awesome i got featured in the magazine, under Super Mario Flop !!!!

"Oh noes its a flop of the century." said Telefanatic.

telefanatic
had you waited a week, you could have been more accurate :P
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 Willy105
Zelda is not actually the biggest flop in Gamespot history. Shenmue was hyped for two generations straight (it was originally for Sega Saturn, but then delayed for the Dreamcast). It was going to be like real life, the most realistic and amazing videogame ever made. It was going to take over the world. It got a 6. Funnily enough, the reviewer actually made a mistake in the review, and then raised the score to a 7.8.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 BrunoBRS
Tom is here :oTheGuardian03
he be lulrking, disappointed at all your naughty posts.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts
[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]Tom is here :oBrunoBRS

He's laughing his ass off. Those gifs and photoshops are comedy gold.
fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

[QUOTE="PBSnipes"]Good interview. It would've been nice to know more about how he calculates his scores, though.TomMcShea

then how come games like gta4 which had several negatives by a reviewer get a 10? Isnt FUN FACTOR the most important part of a game...
nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 nitekids2004
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts

[QUOTE="TomMcShea"]

[QUOTE="PBSnipes"]Good interview. It would've been nice to know more about how he calculates his scores, though.fueled-system

then how come games like gta4 which had several negatives by a reviewer get a 10? Isnt FUN FACTOR the most important part of a game...

Because there are some negatives that detract or reduce the fun experience you have in the game?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]Tom is here :oHeil68

He's laughing his ass off. Those gifs and photoshops are comedy gold.

i was making a joke :P
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#328 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Regarding the poll, his score is irrelevant to me.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 BrunoBRS
i love the topic title changes, for some reason i find them hilarious :lol:
TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#330 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts

Tbh, though I'm sure I'll be stoned to death by Zelda faithful, I'm kind of glad it is more linear.

But maybe because I'm playing such a huge game like Skyrim, which is completely open, I'm actually craving a more linear experience. Maybe it will end up being a little too linear for my tastes, but from reading your thoughts on the game over in the hype thread, I think this may be just the right medicine. Again, I know that Zelda has always been about having room to explore, but I don't really find myself craving that in games much anymore.

Case in point, when I played OoT as a kid (I was 12), I gleefully sought out every single secret and would spend hours away from the temples and main quest trying to unearth Hyrule's secrets. Same when I played A Link to the Past when I was around 8 or 9. However, in my recent play through of OoT 3D I found myself not exploring the world at all and just going through the main quest-line in a linear fashion. I'm not seeking out hearts, power-ups, or anything unless they present themselves to me along my narrow, single-minded path.

I guess one could argue I feel this way because I've played the game before and explored what it has to offer so thoroughly, but I don't think so. I just don't feel the need to. I don't have that urge to seek out every nook and cranny, nor the prodding regret when I don't. And this is any game. Hell, even in Skyrim I've only spent about 2 hours exploring with no clear goal in mind in my 18 hours in game. I've mostly been seeking out quest lines to put me on a more focused path.

-shrugs- Just me, though.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
We totally need more staff interviews and dramatic review scores...good for the magazine.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#332 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]If this game was reviewed for what it is, ignoring past games, what would it have scored?sailor232

If you read the reviewing process it actually states they cannot hold a game up or compare it too its past games.

"First and foremost, our reviews are an assessment of one particular game at a time. We approach each review assignment without assuming anything about the quality of the game, irrespective of prerelease preview coverage, the history of any previous games in the series, any perceptions about the developer's or publisher's track records, and so forth. That is, every game we review gets a fair shake, and is treated with the same level of care and attention with which we approach every review assignment."

I don't understand this, he constantly mentions past gameplay mechanics, the tried and true formula, etc.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

TomMcShea

So what's the rationale behind that system? I can see the appeal in terms of trying to keep a more consistent GS scoring standard (instead of getting into things like "oh, an 8.0 from Tom is like a 9.0 from Kevin"), but on the other hand it seems odd to marginalize the author like that, especially considering they're likely the only person who has spent enough time with the game to really understand what makes it tick.

ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 ActionRemix

[QUOTE="ActionRemix"]You don't need to explain yourself to these haters, Tom. Some of them refuse to believe that this game is anything less than the greatest Zelda game of all time. They haven't played it themselves, but insist that you must have played the game improperly. Personally, I think it's a mediocre Zelda and agree with your score, although I think you focus too much on the control issues and too little on the linearity and absolute lack of exploration.TreyoftheDead

Tbh, though I'm sure I'll be stoned to death by Zelda faithful, I'm kind of glad it is more linear.

But maybe because I'm playing such a huge game like Skyrim, which is completely open, I'm actually craving a more linear experience. Maybe it will end up being a little too linear for my tastes, but from reading your thoughts on the game over in the hype thread, I think this may be just the right medicine. Again, I know that Zelda has always been about having room to explore, but I don't really find myself craving that in games much anymore.

Case in point, when I played OoT as a kid (I was 12), I gleefully sought out every single secret and would spend hours away from the temples and main quest trying to unearth Hyrule's secrets. Same when I played A Link to the Past when I was around 8 or 9. However, in my recent play through of OoT 3D I found myself not exploring the world at all and just going through the main quest-line in a linear fashion. I'm not seeking out hearts, power-ups, or anything unless they present themselves to me along my narrow, single-minded path.

I guess one could argue I feel this way because I've played the game before and explored what it has to offer so thoroughly, but I don't think so. I just don't feel the need to. I don't have that urge to seek out every nook and cranny, nor the prodding regret when I don't. And this is any game. Hell, even in Skyrim I've only spent about 2 hours exploring with no clear goal in mind in my 18 hours in game. I've mostly been seeking out quest lines to put me on a more focused path.

-shrugs- Just me, though.

It's definitely a unique experience. If you don't want exploration, then Skyward Sword should be a fun experience. It does a lot of other things better than the rest of the series. I think you're going to be surprised at just how linear it is, though. It's heavily inspired by Mario. I know that sounds crazy, but you'll probably understand what I mean by the time you revisit Faron Woods.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

I don't have a problem with the score,the problem in my eyes now is the site,since reviews are made by different people,one game that is review by you may get a lower score than it would if another reviewer here scored the game,now i am not saying this is bad,but is open to controversy. Because you may find a few flaws in a series and take points accordingly to how it should be,which is how things should be,but another reviewer could score another game with the same flaws and even more,higher because he actually did not see the holes you saw in another game. The consistency is not there,that is my greatest problem with reviews this days you see this A game that got 7 because it had lag,and isn't a graphical marvel,but then here comes this B game that is rate 9.0,and has lag,AI problems,control problems and several other things and the problems are ignore.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Zelda is not actually the biggest flop in Gamespot history. Shenmue was hyped for two generations straight (it was originally for Sega Saturn, but then delayed for the Dreamcast). It was going to be like real life, the most realistic and amazing videogame ever made. It was going to take over the world. It got a 6. Funnily enough, the reviewer actually made a mistake in the review, and then raised the score to a 7.8.Willy105

A 6!? Is that true?

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts
"Nintendo usually sets the standard for controls, so I'm shocked they would release a game in this state." - Tom --------------------- Christ, its like we're playing different games.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"]"Nintendo usually sets the standard for controls, so I'm shocked they would release a game in this state." - Tom --------------------- Christ, its like we're playing different games.

i still think tom (and probably the walkthrough guy too) should ask to take the game home and try it out in another environment (namely: their homes). i gave up on doubting he had those issues, because i'd rather believe gamespot hasn't hit that low, but now it leaves the question: why is the gamespot staff having issues no one else is having? my bet is on interference. similar to what happened to E3 in 2010, too much wireless stuff could make the wiimote flip out. or maybe they're playing sitting down and using small flicks of the wrist to play? i remember a nintendo rep brought up when i played the demo that those tend to be inaccurate, and acting over the top not only feels better, but works better. and going by my demo experience, he was right.
Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 Sky-
Member since 2010 • 4682 Posts

I saw a really informative post on another website citing why Tom and the rebuttal guy had different experiences:

A lot of people are going to have responsive issues with this and I'll explain why:

The problem lies in that the WiiMotionPlus alone cannot track the position of the Wiimote in 3D space. This isn't like the Kinect or the PSMove. Yes, the Wii can know the device's orientation and tilt, but it doesn't really know what "front" is. The problem is somewhat solved by keeping the Wiimote pointed at the sensor bar for a bit. At this point, the sword will reposition itself. It's no coincidence the video was showing only thrusts. This was somewhat sneaky.

Nintendo knows this and the best they did was add a "Press D-pad down to center." If the the controls were meant to work 100%, then why is that option there at gameplay time? It's not a menu option.

Now, if you forget to occasionally point the Wiimote straight at the TV, you'll have response issues. Some people naturally play while pointing at the screen. Watch the guy when he fights, he points forward while he "idles." I don't do this naturally, but I make the exception for this game. Also, you have to sit further away from your sensor for the Wiimote not to lose track of the sensor bar often. This is a pain for me because I play with a 42" TV on my desk with less than 3 feet distance between me and the sensor bar.

Of course if you sit 10 feet away (like the guy in the video) it'll work flawlessly. I just don't want to reorganize my office/living room just for one game, so I deal with it.

Maybe one day there's be a Super WiiMotionPlus with a magnetic compass in it. User

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

nvm, glitchspot

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 GunSmith1_basic

I saw a really informative post on another website citing why Tom and the rebuttal guy had different experiences:

[QUOTE="User"]

A lot of people are going to have responsive issues with this and I'll explain why:

The problem lies in that the WiiMotionPlus alone cannot track the position of the Wiimote in 3D space. This isn't like the Kinect or the PSMove. Yes, the Wii can know the device's orientation and tilt, but it doesn't really know what "front" is. The problem is somewhat solved by keeping the Wiimote pointed at the sensor bar for a bit. At this point, the sword will reposition itself. It's no coincidence the video was showing only thrusts. This was somewhat sneaky.

Nintendo knows this and the best they did was add a "Press D-pad down to center." If the the controls were meant to work 100%, then why is that option there at gameplay time? It's not a menu option.

Now, if you forget to occasionally point the Wiimote straight at the TV, you'll have response issues. Some people naturally play while pointing at the screen. Watch the guy when he fights, he points forward while he "idles." I don't do this naturally, but I make the exception for this game. Also, you have to sit further away from your sensor for the Wiimote not to lose track of the sensor bar often. This is a pain for me because I play with a 42" TV on my desk with less than 3 feet distance between me and the sensor bar.

Of course if you sit 10 feet away (like the guy in the video) it'll work flawlessly. I just don't want to reorganize my office/living room just for one game, so I deal with it.

Maybe one day there's be a Super WiiMotionPlus with a magnetic compass in it. Sky-

wow that's a good post. I wonder if putting the sensor bar at the bottom of the screen instead of the top might fix things?
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#342 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Scores are serious business. A time when 7.5 means awful, how disappointing.
clutchhitta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 clutchhitta7
Member since 2003 • 29 Posts
Mc Shea can you make a Zelda Wii motion tutorial video... I really want to learn to play the game like the best of them.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
Mc Shea can you make a Zelda Wii motion tutorial video... I really want to learn to play the game like the best of them. clutchhitta7
This post is so beautiful. *applause*
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#345 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

I total agree with Tom Review.....a fair and honest review for the Zelda: Skyward Sword.

clutchhitta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 clutchhitta7
Member since 2003 • 29 Posts
[QUOTE="clutchhitta7"]Mc Shea can you make a Zelda Wii motion tutorial video... I really want to learn to play the game like the best of them. Eponique
This post is so beautiful. *applause*

I put my soul into it.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I total agree with Tom Review.....a fair and honest review for the Zelda: Skyward Sword.

AtariKidX

You agree with someone's opinion about a game that you've never played, simply because he flopped it?

ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 ActionRemix

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]

ChubbyGuy40

You agree with someone's opinion about a game that you've never played, simply because he flopped it?

Most people in the thread agree with IGN out of hype alone.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]

ActionRemix

Most people in the thread agree with IGN out of hype alone.

Same could be said for UC3, and now that's supposedly worse than UC2.

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 beganoo
Member since 2009 • 1642 Posts

Tom has made only one real misstake. Giving that pice of **** Halo ODST a freaking 9.

I pretty much agree with all of hes other reviews.At 1st I was kinda upset about infamous 2 getting 7.5 and Uncharted 3 not getting more then a 9 after I saw IGN gave it a 10 but after playing bout games I completely agree with hes rviews.

Hes a good reviewr but fanboys are in denial as always.