Bioshock is simply the best game ever made yet and here's why.

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mynameisdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 mynameisdumb
Member since 2003 • 3647 Posts

Now, I'm not talking for it's time or crap like that, I'm talking simple best. OOT may have been better for it's time (though you could argue that point, and even for its time I still think this is better) but you must honestly be delusional if you still think it's the best game ever. It was good, sure, but it can't hold up to some recent games.

Bioshock has the most amazing story in a game I have ever seen. Halo's story: well, umm, aliens are attacking and you are a genetically enhanced super soldier (whoa, not cliche at all) that has to fight off swarms of them. Now I love Halo, but the story and world this game has created is unmatched. The idea of Rapture and itsdownfall, the moral choices, the dozens of audio tapes that add subtle intricacies to the plot... it's near impossible to go through the game the first time (without a walkthrough) and really know the WHOLE story, as you are sure to miss some bits and pieces.

The AI is amazing. Now I don't care much about AI in combat, I'm content if it can find me and shoot me generally, but this game blew my mind. Enemies on fire will put themselves out, run to a healing station if hurt, etc.

The sound, absolutely awe-inspiring. The best sound in any game, movie, or anything I have ever seen or heard, hands down. The creaks of the city leaking, the constant sound of water, the bullets that actually sound like bullets, the whale-like moans of Big Daddies, the innocent voices of the Little Sisters, the sound a camera makes when it finds you... EVERYTHING is perfect. I honestly couldn't find one thing I would change, one noise, from the sound of your footsteps to that of Andrew Ryan's voice.

The graphics, oh where to start, it's as revolutionary as the soundtrack. The background is really what jumps out at you. I was hard pressed to find a room where nothing was in motion. Either signs were flickering on and off, I would see some fish swim by, water was rushing through a small river in the room, etc. It may not sound like much, but this makes the game seem 10x more real. I honestly forgot it was a game at some points I was so immersed, which has NEVER happened to me before. It's not just the background. The enemies are the most grotesque (without beingoverboard at all) Ihave seen. They are suitably mutated and mesh perfectly with the surrounding area and backstory. I always take the time to look at the dead bodies (however odd that sounds) simply because they looked so much like the real thing.

The immersion. Though I mentioned it earlier (and it might sound punnish, haha, underwater) the feeling of being in the game is incredible. I have never felt like I was actually IN the game, until now. Imagine my surprise when my mom would walk in and suddenly *CLICK* I realize that I'm just in my room in the real world. You actually feel bad for the enemies. I walked upon a woman crying at a casket and killed her. I then realized she was mourning her husband, or brother, or some other loved one. I felt terrible, though I knew inside it was a game. I saw a man and woman lying side by side holding each other, dead, with a bottle of pills next to them. They had committed suicide together because their daughter had (slight spoilers I guess) been turned into a Little Sister (end spoilers). On the other end of the spectrum, some enemies I simply feared or was disgusted by, or both. (SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST CHAPTER) The first boss is Dr. Steinman, a plastic surgeon, and a seriously messed up individual. As you near him you see posters of girls with scissors jammed in their faces and cuts and incisions made all over. As you get closer they become less and less human looking. At one point Dr. Steinman says something about how when Picasso tired of painting normal faces, hepainted them misshapen. Why can't I do that with my scalpel? Yikes. I won't ruin what is happening when you actually GET to him (END OF SPOILERS). Simply put, every character seems possible, and the game almost seems like it COULD happen. You are in this small, underwater, crazy world and you don't forget it.

The Gameplay. In my opinion (and I'm sure in many others') the most important part of a game. Who cares if it looks amazing but you simply can't get your dragon to turn right (thinly veiled jab at Lair :P ) . The gameplay is amazing. Though it doesn't blow away every other game as it does in terms of graphics, sound, story, etc., how can it? What it is is the best shooter gameplay I have ever had the pleasure of playing. The controls are flawless, you don't move too fast or too slow, the aiming is precise, everything is spot on. I have yet to find any cases of sloppy hit detection, PERIOD. But enough with the controls, it's the guns and tools to kill stuff that's what makes this game's gameplay great. As I'm sure you know, you use guns, your wrench, and plasmids (effectively magic, but makes sense in the game as genetically enhancing drugs).The way you use your plasmids and guns is simply genius, though simple. Left trigger uses plasmids, right uses guns/wrench, to change between the 2 you simply press the left or right button. It's simple, easy, and flawless.

The variety is, simply put, insane. There are so many ways to kill any and all enemies in the game at any given time, it's really hard to describe it in words. Your plasmids, guns, and hacking abilities combined create enough variety so that you really never have to kill an enemy exactly the same way twice. Rarely will you find yourself simply holding the trigger and blasting some machine gun rounds into your enemy. More likely you will freeze them and run up and shatter them into pieces by smacking them with your wrench, or use telekinesis to grab a grenade being thrown at you and throw it right back. There are just so many ways to deal damage to enemies, it's hard to imagine. When I'm bored (after finishing my work in school etc.) I will suddenly think of an idea, "What would happen if I froze an enemy and then incinerated him? Would he melt?" A game that can keep me that interested is a rare find.

The Big Daddies. These guys are cool enough to get their own section. Your controller vibrates as they near, they sound like blue whales, slow, lumbering, but peaceful, yet you know they are large and tough enough to tear you limb from limb if you piss them off. These ARE the highlight of the game, no matter what anyone says. I feel a mix of anxiety and happiness any time I feel that controller vibrates. On the one hand, it's my method to upgrade my character. On the other, these guys are effectively mobile tanks, only tougher. On the rareoccasion I accidentally shoot one or somehow threaten them (trust me, after the first time or two you MAKE SURE it doesn't happen again lol) my heart suddenly stops and I gasp, realizingI'm about to get slaughtered if I don't somehow come up with a method on the spot to at least stop him inhis tracks for a second.Your first introduction to one is something you likely would never forget.

Basically, the whole point of this point was to provide an honest opinion from an unbiased source. I understand everyone here knows it's a great game, but it was so great I couldn't help but give my opinion on it. I simply wanted to get the word out that everyone that possibly can SHOULD experience it somehow. Upgrade your PC (though it's not as good on the PC, still amazing) if you have to, buy a 360 (heck, you got Halo3 coming up too, why don't you already have one?), buy the game and play it at a friend's house if you have to, rob a video game store, I don't care, just play it. And don't just play the first chapter or so, play through a few chapters on a bare minimum of medium difficulty to truly get the feel for it. Then tell me you aren't impressed.

Thrice_III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Thrice_III
Member since 2004 • 1539 Posts

I have only played the first few hours of the game at a friends place but why would you say it's the best story ever and then use Halo as a comparison??

I find it hard to believe that bioshock has a better story than say xenogears(which has the best story of a game I've ever played)

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

One of the defining games of this generation? Yes.

Best ever? No.

jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jethrovegas
Member since 2007 • 5103 Posts

It is certainly one of the best games ever made, but I don't think it is the best.

It is the best FPS I have ever played however...

Tickmenanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tickmenanny
Member since 2003 • 1278 Posts
... I don't like shooters. Whoops.
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14818 Posts
imo Bioshock is the best next-gen game that's currently released. Best ever? Not even close.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
Awsome story and setting. But gameplay is still pretty normal and it has NO replay value.
yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#8 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
Here's a question: Have you played every game ever made?
bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
If repitive gameplay, lack of character interaction, I mean you just speak to people on radios the whole time, with the acception of 2 characters and some little sisters near the end, All you do is play through each area, killing big daddys and killing or saving little sisters the whole time, nothing else? whats so great about it apart from the world it's in is very well done
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts
It's damn close IMO to best game ever. It's just an incredible game in every aspect.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

If repitive gameplay, lack of character interaction, I mean you just speak to people on radios the whole time, with the acception of 2 characters and some little sisters near the end, All you do is play through each area, killing big daddys and killing or saving little sisters the whole time, nothing else? whats so great about it apart from the world it's in is very well donebigLLL
I can generalize every single Goddamned game EVER made using your attitude.

sensesxfail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sensesxfail
Member since 2006 • 653 Posts

i bought the game the day it came out and i was expecting a great game...

2 hours after playing i was very happy with my purchase. youre right about how you don;t pick up on everything through your first play. i've played the game twice. first time on medium, second time on hard. i've gotten every achievment and explored rapture for 40+ hours. this game is awesome. part of me wishes it was longer. but i know even though it was around 20 hours, it was still awesome.

squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts
I found it to be a great game for the first week, and after beating it I was going to start over and try and save the little girl all the time the next time around but I bought warhawk and started playing it and forgot all about playing bioshock again so I let my friend borrow bioshock because warhawk is just so damn fun online.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

i bought the game the day it came out and i was expecting a great game...

2 hours after playing i was very happy with my purchase. youre right about how you don;t pick up on everything through your first play. i've played the game twice. first time on medium, second time on hard. i've gotten every achievment and explored rapture for 40+ hours. this game is awesome. part of me wishes it was longer. but i know even though it was around 20 hours, it was still awesome.

sensesxfail

20 hours is long for a game of this type. I was fairly surprised that it was even that long to be honest. I'm at the end of the game personally and am at about 21 hours.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

I have only played the first few hours of the game at a friends place but why would you say it's the best story ever and then use Halo as a comparison??

I find it hard to believe that bioshock has a better story than say xenogears(which has the best story of a game I've ever played)

Thrice_III

i too find it hard that it has a better story than xenogears... imo xenogears has the best story a game ever had.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

Eh, way to generalize Halo's story.

In any case it seems almost everyone that spurts out Bioshock is the Greatest Game Ever never played System Shock 2.

Avatar image for NavigatorsGhost
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NavigatorsGhost
Member since 2006 • 6483 Posts

... I don't like shooters. Whoops.Tickmenanny

whether or not you like the genre, a gamer should be able to recognize and appreciate a good game when he sees one.

sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts

Bioshock is great, but it really underdelivered for me.

The immersion is fantastic. The story is pretty good, and it has one of the most real and telling environments since Half-Life 2. And the gameplay is pretty varied, though I wouldn't say it's perfect. You do have a lot of options, but I still felt like Electrobolt-Wrench was the most viable option most of the game. The enemies are pretty resistant to damage in most other circumstances.

But I came into the game expecting to have a lot more control over the story, and expecting my choices to have a lot more weight. There's really only one choice in the entire game, essentially (kill or save Little Sisters). I was expecting a more varied world where I had more options available, not in terms of combat, but in terms of story/morality. That's where the game really disappointed me, and it really hurt my overall perception of the game.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Bioshock is just one of those games you won't forget. This is go with such games as Starcraft and Eternal Darkness.
Wil4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wil4hire
Member since 2007 • 650 Posts

This game really has nothing on Half-Life 2. The story is fascinating.. but We have all played this game before in the past. THe sound design is the most impressive sound design I've heard in my life. Everything you hit makes a different noise, and the voice acting is amazing.

I am not sure if you watched the HD videos of PC vs 360 but the difference was only in Gamma correction. Bioshock is a good game, but I doubt it would be getting such acclaim if it was a solo PC title.

My best game experiences:

HL2 - Prey - Gran Turismo - Farcry to name a few. Bioshock is fun, but its not revolutionary. Sorry dude. Its the way all games should be, well rounded on all facets.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ArisShadows

Bioshock is great, but it really underdelivered for me.

The immersion is fantastic. The story is pretty good, and it has one of the most real and telling environments since Half-Life 2. And the gameplay is pretty varied, though I wouldn't say it's perfect. You do have a lot of options, but I still felt like Electrobolt-Wrench was the most viable option most of the game. The enemies are pretty resistant to damage in most other circumstances.

But I came into the game expecting to have a lot more control over the story, and expecting my choices to have a lot more weight. There's really only one choice in the entire game, essentially (kill or save Little Sisters). I was expecting a more varied world where I had more options available, not in terms of combat, but in terms of story/morality. That's where the game really disappointed me, and it really hurt my overall perception of the game.

sonicmj1

There is actually 3 ways the game will play out.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 coakroach
Member since 2005 • 1356 Posts

Game - Multiplayer = little in the long term

But thats just my opinion

Shomb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shomb22
Member since 2006 • 1190 Posts
Because Bioshock starts with a B and no other game is before it alphabetically. Which means it is first on the list.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

Because Bioshock starts with a B and no other game is before it alphabetically. Which means it is first on the list.Shomb22

Beyond Good and Evil.

Assassin's Creed.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ArisShadows

[QUOTE="Shomb22"]Because Bioshock starts with a B and no other game is before it alphabetically. Which means it is first on the list.FrozenLiquid

Beyond Good and Evil.

Assassin's Creed.

I spell my Assassin's Creed(s) with a W.

Wssasin's Creed!

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#27 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

It's a great game, I agree; however, it has no replay value so it's a rent only in my book.

Shomb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Shomb22
Member since 2006 • 1190 Posts

[QUOTE="Shomb22"]Because Bioshock starts with a B and no other game is before it alphabetically. Which means it is first on the list.FrozenLiquid

Beyond Good and Evil.

Assassin's Creed.

Batman also. Crap that doesn't work.:evil:

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
I must say, it has the best limited edition Ive ever seen and just for 10 bucks extra, kinda puts the Halo3 LE to shame
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts
[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]

[QUOTE="Shomb22"]Because Bioshock starts with a B and no other game is before it alphabetically. Which means it is first on the list.ArisShadows

Beyond Good and Evil.

Assassin's Creed.

I spell my Assassin's Creed(s) with a W.

Wssasin's Creed!

Hax! :o

Anyways, let me state that Bioshock is a game I want to play. I love the art, the atmosphere and the story setting. However, as a single player game, will I be playing it from now till ten years down the road? Probably not. I can't see the game keeping my interest for that long, especially when the fine folks at Irrational will probably outdo themselves once their next game comes along.

The only game I can see actually becoming the next greatest game ever has to be Starcraft 2, not only because I'm a Starcraft whore but for the new version of the Staredit tool (Basically create any game you want), the story, the multiplayer and the support Blizzard will give it.

FoxHoundADAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 FoxHoundADAM
Member since 2005 • 2759 Posts
Calling any game the best ever is imposible but it is certainly ONE Of the best I've played.
elcoholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 elcoholic
Member since 2005 • 1197 Posts

I have finished it twice, got all achievements.

Its good but gets points deducted for its dificulty, or lack thereoff. Its endings suck as do the final battle and there's not enough variety in your enemies making it a bit boring in the end but the story makes up for that though less diaries and more actual story telling/showing through movie clips would have been nice.

I like the game but far from the best ever. After playing through it twice in 2 weeks I'm done with it for a while. Best game ever would keep me wanting more for alot longer. This doesn't hold a candle against RE4, HL2, ninja gaiden, MGS, DMC, Okami, OoT and i can mention a few more. I dare say its slightly overrated and would be content if they gave the game an 8,5.

Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

Bioshock is great, but it really underdelivered for me.The immersion is fantastic. The story is pretty good, and it has one of the most real and telling environments since Half-Life 2. And the gameplay is pretty varied, though I wouldn't say it's perfect. You do have a lot of options, but I still felt like Electrobolt-Wrench was the most viable option most of the game. The enemies are pretty resistant to damage in most other circumstances. But I came into the game expecting to have a lot more control over the story, and expecting my choices to have a lot more weight. There's really only one choice in the entire game, essentially (kill or save Little Sisters). I was expecting a more varied world where I had more options available, not in terms of combat, but in terms of story/morality. That's where the game really disappointed me, and it really hurt my overall perception of the game.sonicmj1

That was one of it's weakest points, indeed, and what I'd consider one of the only valid complaints I've heard. I was especially interested in the plasmids/loss of humanity interaction, which were not even touched upon except in a dialogue or two ("you're too spliced up to notice!").[spoiler] Then there's also Ryan. The whole cinematic where you kill him screamed some way to try and do something about it. Even if the end result were the same, some way to influence it all would've been cool. And then there's the whole Big Daddy thing. Maybe make it obscenely hard, but being able to not become a big daddy would've been cool. [/spoiler] On another note, am I the only one who felt worse about killing them Big Daddies than about little sisters?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
From what I have read about Ayn Rand's AtlasShrugged the story in BioShock is really not that unique. Other than the setting, atmosphere, voice acting and presentation, BioShock has little going for it.

The gameplay is fun, the enemies are great but its nothing new or revolutionary. The game deserved its score, now that I've gone deeper into the game and its sources. A lot of the stuff that is in BioShock originated in System Shock 2... and when playing BioShock after playing System Shock 2, it really doesn't feel like something new.

With all that said, it is probably one of the best games out right now that you can play. No game out right now (aside from Prime 3) can provide the gamer with such a quality singleplayer experience that is extraordinarily atmospheric and extremely well presented.

Its better than a lot of the crap and even good stuff but it is nowhere near the best game ever made... not even close. Too much hype went into the game and not much of it was given back.
amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 amorbis1001
Member since 2007 • 2281 Posts
wall of words.
marioraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 marioraider
Member since 2006 • 1247 Posts
Best game ever? Please. BioShock may be awesome, but System Shock 2 is better, IMO.
darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts
Starcraft and Half-Life are better
Derek240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Derek240
Member since 2004 • 842 Posts
I can't say Bioshock is even close to the best game ever. Don't get me wrong, i love the game but something strange happens when i play it. I have fun, but it's not addicting. I have never played it, gone to sleep, and woke up the next day saying, "MAN I HAVE TO PLAY THAT GAME TO GET PAST THAT PART! OMGOMGOMGOMG" I think this is because, to me, it feels like you are put on a level, collect items, get powers, kill things, rinse and repeat. This style of gameplay is simply not that effective IMO. The presentation of the storyline is lackluster when compared to games like Half-Life as well. I realize the story is being told in a "different way" but to me it isn't very gratifying or appealing.
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts
I found the game to be more annoying than fun. The security bots, hacking, and managing your upgrades was just more of an exercise in annoyance than adding to the gameplay. There was ZERO tension and/or immersion in the fighting given that you can just regenerate and keep attacking the guy you were fighting until he's dead. No penalty for dieing = worst decision ever in this game.
jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jethrovegas
Member since 2007 • 5103 Posts

From what I have read about Ayn Rand's AtlasShrugged the story in BioShock is really not that unique.
foxhound_fox

I have read Atlas Shrugged, and I think that Bioshock is a gloriously well written parody of it.

It is quite unique; there has never been, to my well studied knowledge, a serious and well written assault on Atlas Shrugged, which is, by the way, a great book in and of itself.

Herbs84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Herbs84
Member since 2004 • 152 Posts
Good game, great game even. Best ever?.....Hahaha no way man. Did you ever play Secret of Monkey Island? Canon Fodder? GoldenEye? Half-Life? Best game ever, get outta here.
whocares9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 whocares9
Member since 2004 • 5062 Posts
Great game, I am loving it but not the best ever made. I still pick Half life 2 over it and especially the bang HL2 made during its time.
Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Caviglia
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts
I have to disagree, the more I play Bioshock the more I realise it is an archaic game at heart, however it is lavishly coated in excellent graphics (from a technical and artistic standpoint), stellar sound design and perhaps the greatest achievement of a narrative that truly furthers games as a credible artistic medium. However I feel there are too many incongruities in the game, and that the kernel of the gameplay is still the tired old shooter we have been playing for so many years. I was particularly disappointed about the lack of moral choices that the developers heralded as a focal point, in reality the only decision you have to make is whether to kill the Little Sisters or not. The game starts out magnificently but cannot maintain the quality.
furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts
a really well made great game. instant classic.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
sure its awesome.... but best game ever.. not even close.
Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts
Yes, BioShock is the best current-gen game, but not the best of all time.
Avatar image for Son_Of_Synyster
Son_Of_Synyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Son_Of_Synyster
Member since 2006 • 81 Posts
There is no "Best Game" of all time. It's the beauty of opinion. However, BioShock is by FAR my favorite I've ever played. I've never been so immersed in a game before. I've also never been so tense and creeped out CONSTANTLY and I'm a survival horror junkie. As an aside, for everyone who complains about the lack of death: Save/Load and pay no attention to it. It worked for me. Besides, the true tension in the game is produced not in the combat, but in the moments before it begins. IMO, the game is in no way meant to be played like a typical shooter. I never once ran the entire game, defeats the purpose of creating mood. This is a game that begs to be played sans walkthrough, and demands the player to actually have paitence :P
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts

Was it just me or did anyone else find Condemned to be scarier, more immersive, and overall better than Bioshock?

Avatar image for Son_Of_Synyster
Son_Of_Synyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Son_Of_Synyster
Member since 2006 • 81 Posts

Was it just me or did anyone else find Condemned to be scarier, more immersive, and overall better than Bioshock?

REVENGEotSITH
I haven't played it but it'd have to be infinitley high on each count to top BioShock. I found BioShock creepier than Silent Hill, not in terms of sheer "Freak" but because the atmopshere IS so immersive. I should try Condemned, although I also like my games to have in depth stories and I heard Condemned is rather short :P
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
Bioshock is one of my favourite games of all time.