Bioshock, GOTY?????? I think everyone has been Bioshocked.

• 126 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Crucible
Member since 2007 • 3305 Posts

Seriously, this game has some very beautiful and colorful elements. 2K did a wonderful job on this game. But already there's so much hype surrounding the game with thoughts of GOTY, "Can any game beat this?", and "Bioshock, new graphics king." It appears, though, that most of the hype is blinding people of very noticable issues.

One of which is the absolutely horrible facial construction and animations. The characters, other than Big Daddy and Little Sis, look horrible. I'm not saying the game is crap due to this. I'm just saying that all of this hype doesn't equal what you see here:

And this isn't half as bad as when you see it in motion. If you don't believe me, go get the game or the demo. Towards the beginning you pass out on the floor. And when you start to come to, two bad dudes are there talking about you. Look at their faces and how they animate. Its reallly, really bad.

GOTY????? I sure as heck hope not.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

The animations don't look that bad.

I don't think Bioshock will get GOTY but it could be a contender. I think Halo 3 will take the title this year. No GTA to stand in its way.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

"One of which is the absolutely horrible facial construction and animations."

Yeah, cause that makes a game worse.:roll:

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts
In 2K's defense, they are splicers who've been genitically mutated countless times and their looks as well as their sanity have gone down the drain.
Finale-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Finale-
Member since 2007 • 981 Posts

I guess you just hate good games.

I don't even want to know what you consider good.

bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts

Doubtful that a game that got a 9.0 will get GOTY on gamespot. Maybe elsewhere though.

Any chance a portable game gets GOTY? I am hyping Zelda Phantom Hourglass for GOTY.

hachiman128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hachiman128
Member since 2007 • 779 Posts

In 2K's defense, they are splicers who've been genitically mutated countless times and their looks as well as their sanity have gone down the drain.Technoweirdo

That's exactly what I thought. They're mutants for Christ's sake, they should act like it.

Seckzy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Seckzy_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 459 Posts
When Bioshock pulls you in it don't let go. I don't see anyone complaining about the faces in the game and the animations are cool. So I'm thinking the TC didn't play the game.
The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Crucible

BioShockOwnz

It does make the game worse. Can you honestly believe it doesn't? If so, why did they make anything look real? Because the more real it looks, the more you believe what you are seeing, and the more you get into the game. Hard to feel suspense when you are laughing at the characters that you are supposed to fear.

In 2K's defense, they are splicers who've been genitically mutated countless times and their looks as well as their sanity have gone down the drain.Technoweirdo

I know what the characters are. i know they're faces are supposed to be messed up. Again, look at it in motion.

I guess you just hate good games.

I don't even want to know what you consider good.

Finale-

Did I say I hate it? Did I say it wasn't a good game? I'm just saying that the game doesn't meet the hype its getting for GOTY.

The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Crucible

When Bioshock pulls you in it don't let go. I don't see anyone complaining about the faces in the game and the animations are cool. So I'm thinking the TC didn't play the game.Seckzy_Gamer

You basically just admitted to not playing it yourself? You are basing your thoughts off of what you have already heard? Why would a 360-fanboy make a thread bashing one of his console's greatest? Play the game, its easy to see.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

The_Crucible

It does make the game worse. Can you honestly believe it doesn't? If so, why did they make anything look real? Because the more real it looks, the more you believe what you are seeing, and the more you get into the game. Hard to feel suspense when you are laughing at the characters that you are supposed to fear.

No, it doesn't make a game better.

Proof:

Seckzy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Seckzy_Gamer

[QUOTE="Seckzy_Gamer"]When Bioshock pulls you in it don't let go. I don't see anyone complaining about the faces in the game and the animations are cool. So I'm thinking the TC didn't play the game.The_Crucible

You bescically just admitted to not playing it yourself? You are basing your thoughts off of what you have already heard? Why would a 360-fanboy make a thread bashing one of his console's greatest? Play the game, its easy to see.

I guess you can't read well

Basically what I'm saying is I think you didn't play the game and you just want negative attention

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
So far, its my GotY, and I would guess it will be GotY at many sites, but not here.
The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Crucible

Proof:

BioShockOwnz

Correction: It doesn't make gameplay better. But it does affect the overall game. Don't get it twisted.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

It wont win GOTY in my eyes ... jsut another corridor shooter ... choice you say? either follow the arrow or go into a room with some item pickups ... eveyones experiance is different? hell no...

Difficulty? "not run n gun" ... yea they got that right ... its "run and wrench" it was so easy .. 2 shotting splicers and security turrets ............ (on medium).

Dont get me wrong, it was great fun ... but erm ... everything it claimed to be other than immersive was a lie.... hell by the end I was killing big daddies in 4 seconds.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Proof:

The_Crucible

Correction: It doesn't make gameplay better. But it does affect the overall game. Don't get it twisted.

Hmmm, funny. I've played through BioShock once already and I'm going on my second run. None of your "problems" affected me. It's still easily one of the best experiences I've had in gaming. Sorry bud, I don't let a few mutated creatures ruin my fun times. :)

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SpruceCaboose

One of which is the absolutely horrible facial construction and animations. The characters, other than Big Daddy and Little Sis, look horrible. I'm not saying the game is crap due to this. I'm just saying that all of this hype doesn't equal what you see here:

The_Crucible

Hey TC, learn facts before you post this garbage.

THE SPLICERS ARE GENETIC FREAKS, MADE TO LOOK DEFORMED. THEY ARE BASED OFF THE PROJECT FACADE PHOTOS, AND TO THAT END, THEY LOOK GREAT.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SpruceCaboose

It wont win GOTY in my eyes ... jsut another corridor shooter ... choice you say? either follow the arrow or go into a room with some item pickups ... eveyones experiance is different? hell no...

Difficulty? "not run n gun" ... yea they got that right ... its "run and wrench" it was so easy .. 2 shotting splicers and security turrets ............ (on medium).

Dont get me wrong, it was great fun ... but erm ... everything it claimed to be other than immersive was a lie.... hell by the end I was killing big daddies in 4 seconds.

Meu2k7

Maybe to you, but you are in the minority so far there.

Knewl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Knewl2
Member since 2004 • 383 Posts

Watch the GT review of metroid prime 3, they make it sound like GOTY :P Ive never heard so much praise

"ull never want to play a shooter with dual analogue again"

"a segment near the end gives 4-5 hoursof the greatest gameplay ever burned onto a disk"

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Meu2k7
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

SpruceCaboose

Maybe to you, but you are in the minority so far there.

I dont mind ... GOTY is never what the majority think anyway , its what each individual plays the most and finds fun ... and there are tons of games still due out this year that I will play alot more than this short-but-sweet single player experiance.

Seckzy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Seckzy_Gamer

Watch the GT review of metroid prime 3, they make it sound like GOTY :P Ive never heard so much praise

"a segment near the end gives 4-5 hoursof the greatest gameplay ever burned onto a disk"

Knewl2

The first Doom looks better than MP3. I think the sheep are trolling today feeling like big boys cause one of their Wii games is getting good reviews.

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts
[QUOTE="Knewl2"]

Seckzy_Gamer

The first Doom looks better than MP3. I think the sheep are trolling today feeling like big boys cause one of their Wii games is getting good reviews.

Someone's in denial. Metroid Prime 3 is a revolution in FPS controls. Get over it, it's true.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Meu2k7
[QUOTE="Knewl2"]

Seckzy_Gamer

Funny... thats pretty much what you do in every post :I

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lucas_kelly
Member since 2005 • 5783 Posts
Have you even played the game?
Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Shazenab
Member since 2004 • 3413 Posts
The only problem I have with bioshock is the glitch physics ending.. Like the endless twitching of one or two limbs after they've died. But honestly that is nit picking. Besides the story and rapture simply imerse you so much you WILL overlook certian gameplay features because something you see, something you hear and hell (yes i'm going here) emotions you distract you from all that.
Seckzy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Seckzy_Gamer
[QUOTE="Seckzy_Gamer"][QUOTE="Knewl2"]

sexy_chimp

Someone's in denial. Metroid Prime 3 is a revolution in FPS controls. Get over it, it's true.

MP3 is a toddler's FPS, even in the review they talk about how simple it is

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts
[QUOTE="Knewl2"]

Seckzy_Gamer

It is not the look of MP3 that everyone is excited about. The game shouldbe sweet and looks like you will miss out.

The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Crucible

Hmmm, funny. I've played through BioShock once already and I'm going on my second run. None of your "problems" affected me. It's still easily one of the best experiences I've had in gaming. Sorry bud, I don't let a few mutated creatures ruin my fun times. :)

BioShockOwnz

Big surprise that the guy with the name "BioShockOwnz" can't find anything wrong with Bioshock.

Seckzy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Seckzy_Gamer

Meu2k7

Funny... thats pretty much what you do in every post :I

Your 4mb+ sig should be considered spam

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SpruceCaboose

Seckzy_Gamer

Get over yourself. Something can be simple and complex at the same time. People leveled the same criticism at Halo when it came out.

Seckzy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Seckzy_Gamer

dhjohns

It is not the look of MP3 that everyone is excited about. The game shouldbe sweet and looks like you will miss out.

Miss out on a FPS made for infant's?

And whats up with you calling my president evil?

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

The_Crucible

Big surprise that the guy with the name "BioShockOwnz" can't find anything wrong with Bioshock.

Yeah, I must be biased. :| That's how the splicers are supposed to look and act. :|

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

The_Crucible

His name has been BioShockOwnz for over a year now, and you ignored my response to you completely. Kinda sucks that your "bad faces" are purposly designed to look like that, huh?

-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts
Man, I want Galaxy to get it. And I hope it does.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Meu2k7
[QUOTE="sexy_chimp"][QUOTE="Seckzy_Gamer"][QUOTE="Knewl2"]

Seckzy_Gamer

Theres nothing difficult about Halo in SP or in MP ... the most newbie friendly FPS out there ... so you cant really say that either.

Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Shazenab
[QUOTE="Seckzy_Gamer"]

SpruceCaboose

Get over yourself. Something can be simple and complex at the same time. People leveled the same criticism at Halo when it came out.

Totally agree. Simplicity is better for games. Simple to get into, hard to master is what makes games great. Its not like bioshock or halo are over complicated games.. If they were it'd wreck the whole experiance.

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sexy_chimp
[QUOTE="sexy_chimp"][QUOTE="Seckzy_Gamer"][QUOTE="Knewl2"]

Seckzy_Gamer

Lol what review are you reading? Sony defense force?

Gaara79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gaara79
Member since 2005 • 4476 Posts

There faces are like that because of plastic surgery and too much splicing. They move like that because they are basically not human anymore.

I really don't see how any other game can get GOTY. Sure it has flaws, and the perfect 10's its getting are a bit too much IMO but I haven't been as impressed with a game like this since Half-life 1. The overall package, the art direction, story, AI voice acting, gameplay all add up to a very impressive experience.

If Bioshock doesn't get overall game of the year something even better has to come along, and I don't see how any game coming out his year can top Bioshock as a whole. Maybe in specific places. I'm sure the weapons in Halo 3 and Crysis wil be better, but in the end they'll still be 'just an new FPS". Mass effect will be a great game, But in the end it'll be "just another bioware rpg." while Bioshock combines the best parts of a great FPS with the immersion that Mass effect is supposed to bring.

So I just don't see how anything coming out this year can top the gaming package that Bioshock brings to the table.

Ofcourse I hope something does come out this year to better it. Great games are always welcome I just don't see it happening.

Seckzy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Seckzy_Gamer
[QUOTE="Seckzy_Gamer"]

SpruceCaboose

Halo is the best FPS period ever made for the consoles and it was fun when I played it on the PC, they have evolved since then and IMO MP3 is step backwards for FPSs

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts
[QUOTE="dhjohns"][QUOTE="Seckzy_Gamer"][QUOTE="Knewl2"]

Seckzy_Gamer

Miss out on a FPS made for infant's?

And whats up with you calling my president evil?

Again, I think you will be missing out on something here. I do wish the Wii had better graphics, but that is not what Nintendo is shooting for. And it looks like they have been quite successful. The gameplay with the controllers looks innovative and fun. I can't wait!

About your question- I don't have time in this forum to answer your question. Also, I think big brother is watching. ;)

The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 The_Crucible
[QUOTE="The_Crucible"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

SpruceCaboose

His name has been BioShockOwnz for over a year now, and you ignored my response to you completely. Kinda sucks that your "bad faces" are purposly designed to look like that, huh?

I did respond to that point, maybe not directly to you. I am fully aware of how the characters are supposed to look. Aware that their faces are all f-ed up. That doesn't change the fact that they graphically look like crap and animate even worse. And I'm just talking about faces, here.
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sexy_chimp
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="Seckzy_Gamer"]

Seckzy_Gamer

Halo is the best FPS period ever made for the consoles and it was fun when I played it on the PC, they have evolved since then and IMO MP3 is step backwards for FPSs

How is it a step backwards? It's a step backwards now that it has the best controls for a Console shooter EVER?That's definately a step backwards.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BioShockOwnz

Seckzy_Gamer

:lol: It is getting praised in reviews and it's finally a game where the Wiimote really proves itself as a gaming device.

Seckzy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Seckzy_Gamer
[QUOTE="Seckzy_Gamer"][QUOTE="sexy_chimp"][QUOTE="Seckzy_Gamer"][QUOTE="Knewl2"]

sexy_chimp

Lol what review are you reading? Sony defense force?

I'm not a cow, i don't even like cows. I play my games on the PC/360, but I have to admit that even the sad FPSs on the Ps3 are tons better than what the Wii puts out

Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Shazenab

Seckzy_Gamer

Best fps? How many fps games have you actually played? Seriously.

Seckzy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Seckzy_Gamer
[QUOTE="Seckzy_Gamer"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="Seckzy_Gamer"]

BioShockOwnz

:lol: It is getting praised in reviews and it's finally a game where the Wiimote really proves itself as a gaming device.

From the Wii section of sites and not from a unbiased source, I want Jeff from GS to review this sucka!