Biggest disappointments at E3 so far.....

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
Calling people idiots and then acknowledging that you own Kinect is pretty ironic.kuraimen
says hitler
Funky_Connor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Funky_Connor
Member since 2011 • 417 Posts

I gotta say, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale looks really stupid.

And for those hating on Wonderbook, it's meant for children lol

Memnock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 Memnock
Member since 2002 • 15470 Posts

I think any answer other than Wii-U is a wrong answer. Just think about it. Think about how exciting it was whenever a new console was announced. The "next generation of gaming". There was nothing about the Wii-U that looked next gen at all. It is a current gen gimmick. I don't know why these console manufacturers think we want to flail around like idiots in front of our television. I don't want to lift my tablet-controller up and scan the room, that's just not fun to me, and I can't imagine being much fun for anyone else. That's not innovation, that just pure insanity. Completely out of touch with reality, and that's where Nintendo sits right now. Miyamoto's done, stick a fork in him. Nintendo hasn't released a new IP in ages, and they continue to milk the same 3 or 4 franchises while the fanboys lap it up like mindless dogs. I don't get it.

Much props to Sony for showing us some new IPs this late in the game. That takes vision and it shows me they care about gaming, not just about sales. Now if they could only do something about the dated PS3 interface.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

I think any answer other than Wii-U is a wrong answer. Just think about it. Think about how exciting it was whenever a new console was announced. The "next generation of gaming". There was nothing about the Wii-U that looked next gen at all. It is a current gen gimmick. I don't know why these console manufacturers think we want to flail around like idiots in front of our television. I don't want to lift my tablet-controller up and scan the room, that's just not fun to me, and I can't imagine being much fun for anyone else. That's not innovation, that just pure insanity. Completely out of touch with reality, and that's where Nintendo sits right now. Miyamoto's done, stick a fork in him. Nintendo hasn't released a new IP in ages, and they continue to milk the same 3 or 4 franchises while the fanboys lap it up like mindless dogs. I don't get it.

Much props to Sony for showing us some new IPs this late in the game. That takes vision and it shows me they care about gaming, not just about sales. Now if they could only do something about the dated PS3 interface.

Memnock
"It's not fun for me so it's not fun for anybody" is pretty much what you just said. Huge lack of logic. Also, how is Nintendo out of touch with reality if the Wii was the best selling console this gen?
LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
Sony spending so much damn time on the Wonderbook. Seriously, what the f***.
Memnock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Memnock
Member since 2002 • 15470 Posts
[QUOTE="Memnock"]

Toxic-Seahorse
"It's not fun for me so it's not fun for anybody" is pretty much what you just said. Huge lack of logic. Also, how is Nintendo out of touch with reality if the Wii was the best selling console this gen?

The Wii-U isn't the Wii. The Wii was attractive to kids and soccer moms because it was simple to use. Everyone knows how to wave their hands around. The Wii-U will confuse the very same crowd that made Nintendo so much money last gen. And I'm not speaking just for myself, my statement echoes the general consensus. The Wii might be the best selling console this gen, but I guarantee you it's also the least played.
cheetahman91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 cheetahman91
Member since 2010 • 214 Posts

Nintendo- No price for Wii U, too much third party stuff that I could just get for the 360 instead and the lack of anything new (why in the heck didn't they show the trailer for the new Platinum game? Would've been way better than that Wii Fit U or Sing crap).

Sony- Severe lack of Vita news. The only thing that interested me was All Stars coming to it and PS1 classics coming this summer. They had plenty of time to show it but instead we got 15 or 20 minutes of that Wonderbook s**t.

Microsoft- Wasn't expecting a whole lot from them but it would've been really nice if they would've shown more games.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="Memnock"]

Memnock

The Wii-U isn't the Wii. The Wii was attractive to kids and soccer moms because it was simple to use. Everyone knows how to wave their hands around. The Wii-U will confuse the very same crowd that made Nintendo so much money last gen. And I'm not speaking just for myself, my statement echoes the general consensus. The Wii might be the best selling console this gen, but I guarantee you it's also the least played.

So, you like pulling statistics out of your as*? General consensus? According to what survey? Least played? How do you even know?
PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Everything so far.

Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

No Gabe Newell

Sony for their treatment of the Vita (seriously, this thing is dead)

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#61 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

Not to mention Nintendo's conference I was all excited for and it delivered nothing... I am way too old for pikman and nintendoland

fueled-system
You really expect Nintendo to make M rated games after what happened with GameCube?
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

no rainbow six patriots :(

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#63 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

The lack of new hardware from MS and Sony.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

Lack of anything.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Each of the big 3 showing about 4 games worth playing each.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#66 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

The WiiU what other explanation do you need.

nitromuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 nitromuffin
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts
[QUOTE="nitromuffin"]

no info on gta5 but theres still 2 days left

Ace6301
Rockstar pretty much never do anything at E3.

yeah i know but i was hoping thet would be in sony or ms conference with atleast a new trailer and release date
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#68 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Splinter Cell Black List It looks like more Conviction, and the level design will probably still be lame just like Conviction.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Just because they didn't show them in the press conference doesn't mean they weren't shown. They save a lot for the E3 show floor. A lot of the games you mentioned as no-shows have been demo'd. There's a pretty long demo of the new steel battalion on youtube. It looks amazeballs - but kinecty.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Nintendo taking 50 minutes to detail a bunch of casual crap, and worst of all, not showing off anything surprising or revolutionary. They knew the day was coming. They have the resources. We should have seen a game (be it mario, zelda, metroid, or a new IP) that just made everyones jaws drop.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#71 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

-Nintendo's conference. There was absolutely nothing of real note there outside of Pikmin 3 (good thing that game looks godly)

-The Last of Us. I was hoping I'd get my Naughty Dog back after what they've done this gen. Looks like they're dead to me now

-The focus on cinematic/scripted crap and casual non-gamer games in general

Avatar image for DrKillByDeath84
DrKillByDeath84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DrKillByDeath84
Member since 2011 • 357 Posts

Nintendo. I knew they would disappoint but I had no idea it would be that bad. TSHBO.JohnnyCageMK

Microsoft didn't do any better, another Halo rehash and bragging about timed DLC.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
tbo, it was the book Sony showed are at least how much time time they spent on it. I get that Rowling has sold a ridiculous amount of books, but they spent way too much time on it.
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

Everything except from Ubisoft, the only ones that announced something new.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#75 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Everything except from Ubisoft, the only ones that announced something new.

sonic1564

lol at your sig

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#76 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

E3 itself. Absolutely nothing has caught my attention.

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

my only disappointment is that sony didnt have enough time to show all the games they got instored. they got mad games out the yingyang but only gave us a sample. you know sony, they got games. even though they showed only a few games, its more than the other companies tho. sony wins another e3 show in my eyes

M1KES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78 M1KES
Member since 2003 • 750 Posts

No metal gear 5 :(

Nintendo not showing anything interesting for WiiU

Microsoft not showing any new ip's (except for arcade games and kinect)

Sony not showing any new games that had not been leaked or anounced

alexbaricco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 alexbaricco
Member since 2008 • 350 Posts

NO Half-Life 3 so far.:cry:

roulettethedog

You mean Half-Life: Forever?

I know, an irksomely large part of me is still simmering with anticipation for it as well, despite the terribly misbegotten saga that was the truncated HL episodes. Surely the whole point of that release format was that the cliffhangers (e.g. that in episode one) would be quickly and satisfyingly resolved by successive instalments, and not left open ended for a longer period than that between Half-Lifeand Half-Life 2? Ugh, it's just so much pointless moaning at this stage.

Out of the games on show, Dead Space 3 and Beyond were the most disappointing for me. Quantic Dream's cinematic skillset seems like it might be undone by poor writing(that whole scene with Ellen Page was uninspired and forgettable), and the DS3 demo didn't seem to be playing to the series' strengths. But at least with the latter I'm sure the game will come good, because fears over the game's direction after the first DS2 previews proved unfounded.

amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 amaneuvering
Member since 2009 • 4809 Posts

Nintendo.

Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

Call of Duty black ops 2 gameplay. It looked exactly like modern warfare 3

I seriously thought it would be different now, when they talked about rts elements. But it still looked the same 'michael bay of shooters'.

I guess this is first cod that Im not interested about, shame really.

Cod4 was amazing game. I cant see why they cant make the pacing as good as that game had.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts
  • Nintendo conference apart from Pikmin and ZombiU
  • Microsoft conference relying to heavily on multiplats
  • Microsoft thinking we want to control our Xbox with tablets, phones and kinect
  • No Alan Wake 2 shown
  • No C&C: Generals 2 shown
  • Few new games announced

I'm not let down by E3 in general. I've seen a lot of great info and videos of games I'm looking forward to, it's just that I was expecting more.

Call of Duty black ops 2 gameplay. It looked exactly like modern warfare 3

I seriously thought it would be different now, when they talked about rts elements. But it still looked the same 'michael bay of shooters'.

I guess this is first cod that Im not interested about, shame really.

Cod4 was amazing game. I cant see why they cant make the pacing as good as that game had.

Nohtnym

Agreed, even though I had little expectations about this game it was at least something I looked forward to seeing unlike previous COD games.

It looks the exact same, they have changed absolutely nothing.

Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

The lack of new hardware from MS and Sony.

PAL360

This too.

Other than Sony announcing Vita games it was the possiblity of new hardware showings that got me to watch both the Sony and MS conferences.

Ugh they were so bad though.

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts
The big 3. All of them lost in my mind. Low risk, uninspired conferences from all three.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#85 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
There's tons of stuff we still don't know about, what are Bungie working on, what are Respawn working on, what are a bunch of Nintendo studios doing, why the hell do Sony seem so intent on destroying the Vita? Would've been nice to have seen Valve and Rockstar as well.
WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#86 WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts

No GTA V info. I wasn't expecting Rockstar to be there of course, but a lot of people hyped up the idea that they would release new info around the time of E3. It could still happen, I guess.

Another disappointing thing was the lack of release dates mentioned. A lot of upcoming games could have either Q4 2012 or Q1 2013 release dates, but not a single developer who's ship date was still up in the air was able to say anything for sure. That's quite odd considering a lot of these games could potentially only be 4-5 months away from release.