Big issue with Metriod Prime Hunters jerky aiming controls...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 freeload
Member since 2003 • 8139 Posts

I have just compared the aiming smoothness on Goldeneye Rogue Agent (DS) to that of Metroid Prime Hunters (DS) and I was suprised, shocked in fact, to see how much smoother and cleaner the touch screen aiming is in Goldeneye over Metroid.

How does a fisrt party company like Retro manage to mess up something as simple as the screen not shaking constantly when the stylus is stationary but the guys that worked on Goldeneye (quite a while earlier I may add) managed it just fine, in fact it is silky smooth and responsive it that game. There even seems to be a slight lag between moving the stylus and the screen moving in Metroid. What the hell is up with that? That is why I havent enjoyed playing Metroid as much as I could have. I hope Retro fixes this if they decide to make a sequel.

Simple control issues like this really shouldn't be there!

Check it and you will instantly see what I mean and feel how much smoother the control is in Goldeneye. It's a pitty the game isn't brilliant!

Avatar image for Diggler12Inchez
Diggler12Inchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Diggler12Inchez
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
i thought you were talking about corruption at first :lol: i was about to say WTF its out already ????
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
I don't think retro made hunters. And didn't goldeneye bomb on the DS?
freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freeload

I don't think retro made hunters. And didn't goldeneye bomb on the DS?goblaa

It did but still. You would think that Metroid would have at least as smooth controls and not the shakey and lagged touch screen input that it does. It actually ruins the feel and flow of the game a bit since aiming is not as clean and responsive as it should be...

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts

[QUOTE="goblaa"]I don't think retro made hunters. And didn't goldeneye bomb on the DS?freeload

It did but still. You would think that Metroid would have at least as smooth controls and not the shakey and lagged touch screen input that it does. It actually ruins the feel and flow of the game a bit since aiming is not as clean and responsive as it should be...

That's what made me mad about the D-pad controls and online. I'm a sniper so using the D-pad to aim was just horrible.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
Come one man, in golden eye you had to have 3 hands. You had to use both Land R and the D-pad and the touch screen at the same time! The contros were just broken. The fact that you can go online and get instantly head shot to death from across the stage says a lot about metroids controls. They're not perfect, but they're still good.
freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freeload

i thought you were talking about corruption at first :lol: i was about to say WTF its out already ????Diggler12Inchez

What's Corruption?

Is it a sequel?

Avatar image for Diggler12Inchez
Diggler12Inchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Diggler12Inchez
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts

[QUOTE="Diggler12Inchez"]i thought you were talking about corruption at first :lol: i was about to say WTF its out already ????freeload

What's Corruption?

Is it a sequel?

wii metroid
greenleaflink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 greenleaflink
Member since 2006 • 3686 Posts
i stoped playing that game online ppl are just too good and i hate mk-ds because ppl fall off the cliff and still remain # 1 argg.
freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freeload
[QUOTE="freeload"]

[QUOTE="goblaa"]I don't think retro made hunters. And didn't goldeneye bomb on the DS?Boba_Fett_3710

That's what made me mad about the D-pad controls and online. I'm a sniper so using the D-pad to aim was just horrible.

Not quite sure if we are talking about the same thing. I am pointing out how jerky aiming in Metroid is using the touch screen. How it shakes quite a bit, sometimes even when you have the stylus perfectly still, and how it seems to have a bit of lag from when you move the stylus and the screen picks up that motion.

Is that what you meant?

coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
[QUOTE="freeload"]

[QUOTE="Diggler12Inchez"]i thought you were talking about corruption at first :lol: i was about to say WTF its out already ????Diggler12Inchez

What's Corruption?

Is it a sequel?

wii metroid

I'm trying to put my head back together after reading that last message. What's corruption..twitch...shake...twitch twitch... EXPLOTION!!!
freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freeload

Come one man, in golden eye you had to have 3 hands. You had to use both Land R and the D-pad and the touch screen at the same time! The contros were just broken. The fact that you can go online and get instantly head shot to death from across the stage says a lot about metroids controls. They're not perfect, but they're still good.goblaa

No you dont.

You can set the controls so you move with D-pad, shoot with L and aim with the stylus, just like Metroid. You also have reloading and grenades etc all on the touch screen so you just have to touch there to use those extra functions, a bit like you have to double tap to jump in Metroid.

Same amount of hands and fingers as far as I can tell.

freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freeload

Oh yeah. Nah. I meant on the DS.

I got confused myself there for a second.

donaldo1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 donaldo1989
Member since 2005 • 6489 Posts

You could change the sensitivity in MPH to suit the way you like it. (Even though this was a very long winded process)

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="freeload"]

[QUOTE="goblaa"]I don't think retro made hunters. And didn't goldeneye bomb on the DS?freeload

Not quite sure if we are talking about the same thing. I am pointing out how jerky aiming in Metroid is using the touch screen. How it shakes quite a bit, sometimes even when you have the stylus perfectly still, and how it seems to have a bit of lag from when you move the stylus and the screen picks up that motion.

Is that what you meant?

I misunderstood but I know what you are talking about. I have the exact same problem when designing a deck in Tony Hawk's American Sk8land. I try to draw a line and the next thing I know, I'm on the other side of the touch screen.
kuenbre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kuenbre
Member since 2006 • 598 Posts
Its not jerky, you just have Parkison's
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
Adjusted sensitivity have you?
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
It wasn't made by Retro,and I thought the controls were pretty good.
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts
I haven't had that problem. Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity?
t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
I never noticed a problem. Then again I'm not as picky as some I suppose.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
I don't see what thie big deal is. Both have been out for almost a year and both have been rated, purchased, and played. It's far too late for any of this to make an impact.
Â