Better Buy (PSP or DS)?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EskimoJoe33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 EskimoJoe33
Member since 2006 • 406 Posts

What is a better buy, Sony PSP or Nintendo DS?

Please state why.

final_fortress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 final_fortress
Member since 2008 • 177 Posts
pro tip: look up the games on each and decide which has more games that appeal to you
alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 alexmurray
Member since 2005 • 2665 Posts

buy a DS because psp is for supid losers and DS is for cool people.jeffdoomsday

No it depends on what you like

Ds has many good games but alot of casual games

Psp good games with PS2 quality graphics but many bad ports

so if your more casual, or a huge Pokemon fan go DS

if you like a ipod and PS2 mixed together go PsP

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

buy a DS because psp is for stupid losers and DS is for cool people.jeffdoomsday

I hope this was a joke post. I feel embarrassed to be seen in the DS aisle.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
i said in another thread about someone who wanted to buy either of those that i recently bought a DS for the games, i want a psp for crisis core chains of olympus and brave story, but when it comes down to it the ds has more games to offer for me
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ragnarok1051

i said in another thread about someone who wanted to buy either of those that i recently bought a DS for the games, i want a psp for crisis core chains of olympus and brave story, but when it comes down to it the ds has more games to offer for me Animal-Mother

I loved Brave Story.

Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Firelore29
Member since 2007 • 4158 Posts
I play me virtually all the time. There are so many great games out for it you will never get board. My PSP spends most of the time collecting dust. For me that question is really not even a question the DS is SOOOOOOOOOO much better.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]i said in another thread about someone who wanted to buy either of those that i recently bought a DS for the games, i want a psp for crisis core chains of olympus and brave story, but when it comes down to it the ds has more games to offer for me Ragnarok1051

I loved Brave Story.

yeah i really wanna try it, im actually selling my 20 gig ps3 at the moment to a friend to get a 60 gig, for the wifi but when that purchase is done im definatly gonna look into a psp, any other good game suggestions?

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]i said in another thread about someone who wanted to buy either of those that i recently bought a DS for the games, i want a psp for crisis core chains of olympus and brave story, but when it comes down to it the ds has more games to offer for me Animal-Mother

I loved Brave Story.

yeah i really wanna try it, im actually selling my 20 gig ps3 at the moment to a friend to get a 60 gig, for the wifi but when that purchase is done im definatly gonna look into a psp, any other good game suggestions?

Brave Story, Crisis Core, GOW, and I enjoyed Popolocrois. Coming this year and next is Star Ocean 1, Birth by Sleep, Dissidia, Agito 13, and Star Ocean 2.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]i said in another thread about someone who wanted to buy either of those that i recently bought a DS for the games, i want a psp for crisis core chains of olympus and brave story, but when it comes down to it the ds has more games to offer for me Ragnarok1051

I loved Brave Story.

Brave Story, Crisis Core, GOW, and I enjoyed Popolocrois. Coming this year and next is Star Ocean 1, Birth by Sleep, Dissidia, Agito 13, and Star Ocean 2.

sweet thanks alot man

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]i said in another thread about someone who wanted to buy either of those that i recently bought a DS for the games, i want a psp for crisis core chains of olympus and brave story, but when it comes down to it the ds has more games to offer for me Animal-Mother

I loved Brave Story.

sweet thanks alot man

Don't forget Parasite Eve 3.

PlagueMyGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PlagueMyGames
Member since 2008 • 408 Posts
buy a klondie Bar.
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
Gameboy Color
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Depends.

DS has the over-all better library but the psp's multimedia features can come in handy.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Both, depending on the person. I spend more time with my PSP. Though it does go in spurts, with me sometimes spending more time with the DS.
Timster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Timster18
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Haha coming from a guy thats probably been a nintendo guy his whole life and just couldn't imagine life with a good system
jeffdoomsday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jeffdoomsday
Member since 2008 • 1023 Posts
Nintendo is cooler than Sony, I'd personally want to play Mario, Zelda and Pokemon on the DS and you cant forget about Twewy, Advance Wars and Havest Moon.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
Custom Firmware. Thats all I will say.
12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 12345yon
Member since 2007 • 1073 Posts

buy a DS because psp is for stupid losers and DS is for cool people.jeffdoomsday

cool ppl who like to scratch their screens wit a frikking stick

idk whats cool on it

alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 alexmurray

[QUOTE="jeffdoomsday"]buy a DS because psp is for stupid losers and DS is for cool people.12345yon

idk whats cool on it

This is the childish rubbish than needs to leave system wars

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

I own them both. And between the two, I prefer my DS Lite.

The DS is cheaper, it has waaay more games which are typically cheaper than PSP games, and the fact that itis backwards compatible with GBA games makes it worthy purchase no matter what.

I like my PSP for watching movies, viewing pictures and playing music and stuff, but I think the DS Lite is a little more bang for the buck.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#23 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49596 Posts
Neither: cuz' handhelds stink. :P
12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 12345yon
[QUOTE="12345yon"]

[QUOTE="jeffdoomsday"]buy a DS because psp is for stupid losers and DS is for cool people.alexmurray

idk whats cool on it

i dont understand??? childish rubbish than needs to leave SW

mmm....grammar structure is wrong?

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts
How could you not like the psp over the ds in terms of value? The ds is $125 but only plays games (lets keep modding it out of the arguement to keep this simple) and nothing else. A psp is $170 and has the features of an mp4 player and a handheld into one little nice package. What happens when you run out of games for the ds? It either gathers dust or you buy another one. What happens when you run out of games for the psp? You use one of its other functions to surf internet, watch movies, listen to music or buy another game. The psp has way more uses than a ds. I see the ds as a toy and the psp as a machine that can be used for other things aside from games (main reasons I don't buy consoles).
alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 alexmurray
[QUOTE="alexmurray"][QUOTE="12345yon"]

[QUOTE="jeffdoomsday"]buy a DS because psp is for stupid losers and DS is for cool people.12345yon

idk whats cool on it

Its something called a typo

12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 12345yon
[QUOTE="12345yon"][QUOTE="alexmurray"][QUOTE="12345yon"]

[QUOTE="jeffdoomsday"]buy a DS because psp is for stupid losers and DS is for cool people.alexmurray

idk whats cool on it

Its something called a typo

well, now makes sense...okay... tell me, saying that the DS screen can be scratched almost anytime because you dont have a screen protector is childist? omg if i dont put "IMO" on every post i make, ppl get offended -.- wow...and dont tell its a lie because almost any DS owner have it scratched (im just saying, almost all my frieds/cousins/brothers have it scratched) ...sigh..... (note: using Wii web browser...)
caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

How could you not like the psp over the ds in terms of value? The ds is $125 but only plays games (lets keep modding it out of the arguement to keep this simple) and nothing else. A psp is $170 and has the features of an mp4 player and a handheld into one little nice package. What happens when you run out of games for the ds? It either gathers dust or you buy another one. What happens when you run out of games for the psp? You use one of its other functions to surf internet, watch movies, listen to music or buy another game. The psp has way more uses than a ds. I see the ds as a toy and the psp as a machine that can be used for other things aside from games (main reasons I don't buy consoles).Whiteblade999

I disagree with you on that point. I buy a game system to play games, not for the secondary features. I watch DVDs on my PS2 very rarely, and I can't remember the last time I popped a CD into it and listened to music. I bought my PS2 not for its extra features, but for the number of quality games in its library. To me, the most important sign of value for a system isn't the number of features it contains but the number of games that justify the purchase.

The DS beats out the PSP with the quality of its library, and even offers backward compalibity to the GBA and its awesome collection of games.

At the end of the day, I don't care for having a media player, internet browser, or countless other features in my game system if it falters in its primarily objective, of providing me with the best quality gaming experience.

12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 12345yon

[QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]How could you not like the psp over the ds in terms of value? The ds is $125 but only plays games (lets keep modding it out of the arguement to keep this simple) and nothing else. A psp is $170 and has the features of an mp4 player and a handheld into one little nice package. What happens when you run out of games for the ds? It either gathers dust or you buy another one. What happens when you run out of games for the psp? You use one of its other functions to surf internet, watch movies, listen to music or buy another game. The psp has way more uses than a ds. I see the ds as a toy and the psp as a machine that can be used for other things aside from games (main reasons I don't buy consoles).caryslan2

I disagree with you on that point. I buy a game system to play games, not for the secondary features. I watch DVDs on my PS2 very rarely, and I can't remember the last time I popped a CD into it and listened to music. I bought my PS2 not for its extra features, but for the number of quality games in its library. To me, the most important sign of value for a system isn't the number of features it contains but the number of games that justify the purchase.

The DS beats out the PSP with the quality of its library, and even offers backward compalibity to the GBA and its awesome collection of games.

At the end of the day, I don't care for having a media player, internet browser, or countless other features in my game system if it falters in its primarily objective, of providing me with the best quality gaming experience.

my friend.....i feel youre one of the wisest persons on SW 12345yon GIVES YOU THE ACCEPTED POST BADGE (note: im using wii browser, so i cant post your badge here :P sry)
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

That would depend heavily on what you want the system for. A year ago, the DS would have been my sure-fire answer, now, with the influx of decent PSP titles (God of War, Crisis Core) and upcoming titles (Resistance, FF XIII) it stands to have a somewhat more certain release future than the DS.

The DS has the larger overall library, which is worth considering, but at this point it's not doing anything new (though that's not an inheriently bad things) while the slow-death of the PS2 is helping the PSP catch its stride, and PS3-integration certainly helps its cause.

-

But again, that's a mixed bag, you'd really need to consider why you're buying a system before you compare a $130 handheld to a $170 multimedia portable.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

TC I say get both because you get the best of both worlds

Avatar image for XxShadowTongyxX
XxShadowTongyxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 XxShadowTongyxX
Member since 2008 • 414 Posts
I would personally say buy a DS over a PSP. Considering the PSP has like three thousand dollars worth of asseccories that are really reather inportant to buy, which if you bought a DS you could spend that money on some extra games. The games are cheaper, the system is cheaper, the games are better, there is more of a selection on the DS. Though if you have the money to spend, and do not plan on playing it very often than go for the PSP. It has enough good games to keep you interested. Also the PSP battery only lasts ten hours or so, while the DS battery lasts for nineteen or so hours, and requires less time to charge. So it really depends on how often you plan to play the system.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

I would personally say buy a DS over a PSP. Considering the PSP has like three thousand dollars worth of asseccories that are really reather inportant to buy, which if you bought a DS you could spend that money on some extra games. The games are cheaper, the system is cheaper, the games are better, there is more of a selection on the DS. Though if you have the money to spend, and do not plan on playing it very often than go for the PSP. It has enough good games to keep you interested. Also the PSP battery only lasts ten hours or so, while the DS battery lasts for nineteen or so hours, and requires less time to charge. So it really depends on how often you plan to play the system.XxShadowTongyxX

You forget the big old "IMO"

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

didn't use secondary features of PS2caryslan2

The PS2 was a console the PSP is a portable. It's a bit like saying "why would anyone care that the iPod plays movies? My computer and TV play movies!" - right, but chances are you're not carrying your computer around in your pocket.

Jyuusandaime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jyuusandaime
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts

idk whats cool on it

And that feature you call the scratch the screen with the "frikking stick" alone beats the PSP's widescreen :lol:, along with the wider library of games available in the DS.

But I agree with johnharris48's thought. Getting them both is getting the best handheld experience this gen.

adman66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 adman66
Member since 2003 • 1744 Posts

well if you want a good selection of games i would say ds, but if you are a fan of the few good psp titles go for psp.

if you want multi-media features go for psp, but it is posible on ds too with homebrew but still not up to par as psp.

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

ds= for children 8 to 12, or causuals

psp=13+ crowd, poeple who like sports and media.

DaSorcerer77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DaSorcerer77
Member since 2007 • 275 Posts
If you want wide variety of games get a DS
12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 12345yon
[QUOTE="12345yon"]

[QUOTE="jeffdoomsday"]buy a DS because psp is for stupid losers and DS is for cool people.Jyuusandaime

idk whats cool on it

And that feature you call the scratch the screen with the "frikking stick" alone beats the PSP's widescreen :lol:, along with the wider library of games available in the DS.

But I agree with johnharris48's thought. Getting them both is getting the best handheld experience this gen.

dont get me wrong, maybe i didnt explain myself, i have both and i feel the DS is better, is just that he point that the psp is for "stupid losers"

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Shinobishyguy
[QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"]

Jyuusandaime

Wrong

double wrong
12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 12345yon
[QUOTE="Jyuusandaime"][QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"]

Shinobishyguy

Wrong

double wrong

OMG I WAS GOING TO POST THAT LULZ!

well...

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

think the PSP because of it's excellent media capabilities.

I mean first of all there's all the emu's 'n stuff, the ability to have a Memoy Stick and put what ever you want on it, you can get downloadble games on the internet just specially for PSP, UMD Movies etc.

Then again the DS controls are really nice and Phantom Hourlass is amazing, with it's brilliant no button contols.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Shinobishyguy
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Jyuusandaime"][QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"]

12345yon

Wrong

double wrong

well...

12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 12345yon
[QUOTE="12345yon"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Jyuusandaime"][QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"]

Shinobishyguy

Wrong

double wrong

well...

and to end.....LULCATZ!!!!!!

Jyuusandaime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jyuusandaime
[QUOTE="12345yon"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Jyuusandaime"][QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"]

Shinobishyguy

Wrong

double wrong

well...

Jyuusandaime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jyuusandaime
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="12345yon"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Jyuusandaime"][QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"]

12345yon

Wrong

double wrong

well...

:lol:

Jyuusandaime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jyuusandaime
[QUOTE="Jyuusandaime"][QUOTE="12345yon"]

idk whats cool on it

dont get me wrong, maybe i didnt explain myself, i have both and i feel the DS is better, is just that he point that the psp is for "stupid losers"

Never did. I also play with both DS and PSP and I was just playing in my first statement so no worries

12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 12345yon
[QUOTE="12345yon"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="12345yon"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Jyuusandaime"][QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"]

Jyuusandaime

Wrong

double wrong

well...

:lol:

omg..you won me on images :P

12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 12345yon
[QUOTE="12345yon"][QUOTE="Jyuusandaime"][QUOTE="12345yon"]

[QUOTE="jeffdoomsday"]buy a DS because psp is for stupid losers and DS is for cool people.Jyuusandaime

idk whats cool on it

Never did. I also play with both DS and PSP and I was just playing in my first statement so no worries

yea, i need to learn better english -.-