Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Best:

-The Last of Us Remastered: 60fps support. Option of 1080p. Nice improvement visually. Option to choose 30fps.

-The Nathan Drake Collection: Fluid 60fps support. Advanced photo mode features for all games. Tons of bonus content. Great improvement visually.

Worst:

Darksiders Deathinitive Edition: Still locked at 30fps on consoles with occasional dips. Visual improvement is not really noticeable. Absolute crap performance on PC. A GTX 1080 cannot maintain 60fps in 4K. No SLI support. No additional content or bonus features.

Prototype II: Lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

i really like halo 1 and 2 anniversary's do those count as remasters?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

Best:

1. TLoU (haven't played UC Collection yet)
  2. FFX (FFXII looks to be good as well)
  3. Wind Waker (WIIU)
  4. MCC (SP)

Worst:

1. Bioshock (especially PC)
  2. Prototype
  3. MCC (MP - until fixed)

Struggling to think of more for the "Worst" category.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Best:

Halo MCC. Some of the games are obviously better than others but there's still some really outstanding stuff here. Standouts for me... Halo 2 and Halo 4.

Nathan Drake Collection. I played the first game on PS3 and just stopped about halfway through. The gameplay seemed boring and the graphics weren't up to much. I finished the whole game on the remastered collection it just felt much more enjoyable I don't know why. Then I played 2 and 3 which were just excellent, specially 2.

I am sure there are terrible remasters out there but I must have lucked out as I can't think of any bad ones at the moment.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lundy86_4

@ProtossRushX said:

i really like halo 1 and 2 anniversary's do those count as remasters?

I'd say so. Halo 2's redone cutscenes were just goddamn fantastic.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

-The Nathan Drake Collection: Fluid 60fps support. Advanced photo mode features for all games. Tons of bonus content. Great improvement visually.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

The campaign parts of MCC.

Loading Video...

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Best - Very well done

Uncharted Collection, TLoU, TR DE

Worst - Little to no improvement

All RE games, Saints Row 4

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

Good = Homeworld

Shit = Sleeping Dogs

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

Halo MCC, Gears of War Ultimate Edition, and Resident Evil HD Remaster were well done.

I don't have a bad remaster because I haven't played a bad remaster yet.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

Have to disagree on TLoU. I just grabbed an excerpt from a review I did on another site:

"It is plagued with bugs, and I don't mean the rare anomaly every once in a great while. They are reproducible each time one plays. The game suffers from texture pop and fade in, objects and enemies disappear, there's audio glitches, there's a huge issue with the gamma early on that covers the screen with an ugly white haze (during the leaning buildings just after leaving the quarantine zone with Tess and Ellie), etc, etc. Even worse, some of these bugs go past the superficial to impact the playability of the game itself. AI can at times seemingly see through walls now, therefore stealth is affected (this is especially apparent in Ellie's sections). I've had guys become alerted when there was absolutely no way for them to see me. I've tested this on both versions in the same exact circumstances and the PS3 did not suffer from it. Worst of all, oftentimes enemy AI initiation fails when entering a new area, leaving the enemies standing still as statues with just their visual cones working, awaiting for the player to enter an area before having their patrol routes triggered. They will remain that way until an engagement is initiated by the player, or they wander into the enemies' line of sight".

TLoU: R is one of the most disappointing remasters I've ever to see as there are flaws that not only demonstrate a significant lack of polish, but that affect the integrity of gameplay. It was very obviously a rush job for the PS4. I still play it over the PS3 version as the consistent increase in framerate and fidelity outweigh these occasional issues, but it is nevertheless in many aspects inferior to the original where it matters.

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

Avoid:

• Silent Hill collection (worst remaster in gaming)
  • Jak and Daxter on PSVITA
  • No More Heroes on PS3
  • GTA San Andreas HD

Buy:

• Oddworld HD remasters
  • Halo collection
  • MGS collection
  • Perfect Dark HD
  • God of War collection
  • Tekken Tag Tournament HD

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@Juub1990: -"The Nathan Drake Collection: Fluid 60fps support. Advanced photo mode features for all games. Tons of bonus content. Great improvement visually."

I can't judge UC1, but UC2 and 3 is the same game and nothing special.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

Ya the Halo remaster that came out on the xbox 360 was very good. I heard the xbox one anniversary version had i think the first three games in it was even better then the remaster on the 360.... if i ever get a xbox console that'd be the first game i'd get since i liked the first two Halo games, especially the first one.

Also i thought the monkey islands, grim fandango and Day of the tentacle remasters were also good... just enough to bring them back without changing anything too much.

I'm hoping for a remaster for Full Throttle and the original Sam and Max game.

Also i heard that blizzard is doing a remaster of the original Starcraft... i'm really looking forward to see how that turns out. And thinking along those lines, seeing a C&C and Red Alert remaster would also get me excited.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

Heard that the Silent hill remasters were awful with their charm all gone.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lundy86_4

@Yams1980 said:

Ya the Halo remaster that came out on the xbox 360 was very good. I heard the xbox one anniversary version had i think the first three games in it was even better then the remaster on the 360.... if i ever get a xbox console that'd be the first game i'd get since i liked the first two Halo games, especially the first one.

MCC has Halo 1/2/3/4 and you can purchase ODST... No Reach, which sucks.

It's largely fixed now, but launch had some major MP issues... Though I mostly played all the campaigns co-op with my brother (worked like a charm).

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

@King_Dodongo said:

Heard that the Silent hill remasters were awful with their charm all gone.

Yea, its pretty bad.

They tried to extend distance you can see more (more powerful system so they can display more without RAM limits) but it ended up taking away the immersion. You dont really feel scared when you can see enemies coming from far away.

They also added new voice acting which isnt that good and they didnt even bother to sync with the characters lips.

Didnt touch the controls either so you fight with them more than you do actually enjoying the game.

Better to just get the PC versions

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

Best:

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

The good:

• Halo MCC - pretty good all around for everything it includes, though it isn't without missing features like no Firefight in ODST DLC, but I didn't care too much, the campaign is great. Only shame is they never added a Reach DLC to make it complete.
  • Metro Redux - both 2033 and Last Light are great, but what makes this collection great is how they fixed 2033 and fixed things like hit detection and allowed for weapon modification like in LL and added iron sights to weapons that didn't have them before, fixed other aspects regarding purchasing gas mask filters and making them easier to find, pretty much gave a consistent gameplay feel to both games. Only problem with that is the default controls, which is really two problems since first thing that's awful is the sensitivity is way too low, and secondly the auto aim assist is way too snappy. But yeah, fixing that, plays like dream.
  • Ico/SoTC collection - two great games given a big make-over, Shadow of the Colossus especially is so great to play in a much higher resolution and framerate, the original PS2 game was good even if it struggled but the next gen bump took it to another level.
  • Dark Souls 2: Scholar of First Sin - great update, included all DLC content, runs smooth, online worked great. Never played it last gen, was glad I got to get another chance to try it, I did, and I loved it. Pumped me up to play Dark Souls 3, I was ready.

The bad:

• Resident Evil HD - the original games were 4:3 games, even the GameCube revision, and REHD is still a good game, I just feel they did a lazy job by simply stretching the backdrops to 16:9, they didn't do like the Silent Hill Collection and redesign assets for modern consoles and TV setups.
  • Silent Hill Collection - two great games, released glitchy, and they refused to patch it on the Xbox 360, for no good reason. I simply think they were paying Sony favoritism there, and didn't care to fix the games for the roundeye gaijin infidels who didn't buy it on a PS3. They tried damage controlling an excuse like MS charges for patch certification... but so does Sony *pfft*. Glad I didn't buy it.
  • Gears of War Ultimate Edition - I'm not one to nitpick on certain things about this like how some shots look better in the original than they do in the remake. The game is still fun, though the game is glitched at parts really annoys me. One of the signature thing too of Gears games is Lancer kills, the game has a problem (or had one) where you'd saw in the space in front of the enemy and not through them. I've played more recently and it's been fine. But my real gripe is the lack of any follow up for a Gears 2 remaster, my favorite in the series mostly for its co-op Horde mode is the best out of any of them. I feel the only reason they did a Gears 1 remake was to pander to the hardcore competitive MP fanbase.
  • Fatal Frame II Crimson Butterfly Wii Edition - great game when I played it on PS2, didn't release in North America for Wii. F*ck you Nintendo!!
  • FF Type 0 - mediocre entry originally on PSP brought to next gen consoles at an inflated price, justified by a lackluster FFXV demo.
  • God of War collections - lazy, just an uprez but visually going between pre-rendered scenes and the realtime rendering just looks awful, original pre-renders are just way too fuzzy. This series deserved for them to take their time with it, one of my favorite series back on the PS2.
bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#22  Edited By bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

Best: Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Mega Man Anniversary Collection, Sly Cooper Collection, Super Mario Advance series.

Worst: I honestly haven't played any bad ones yet but out of the ones I have played, I'd probably go with Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls since the games felt a bit dated when I played them.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

Worst:

• Bioshock: When they said at first that they weren't going to remaster Infinite, because it looks good enough, everyone was OK with it.
    But then the remaster came out and it turns out they were just really lazy. And infinite was just the PC version because they were too lazy to bother.
    This was supposed to be a decent remaster of some real classics, instead it looks like a half assed job pulled off in 2 weeks.

• Prince of Persia Trilogy: If you want to play a game with normal sounding sound effects, avoid this at all costs.
    This remaster for PS3 has so much reverb that it feels like you are playing the games underwater.
    PoP Trilogy is one of the few games I ever traded in my life, and let me tell you I own some really terrible games. But at least the other shitty games don't make you want to tear of your ears in agony.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Nintendo rocks at remakes. I really liked the Zelda ones. They changed all the right things in them.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Best: Halo CE and Halo 2 Anniversary. A full modernization of the graphics 10 years later and 1080p 60fps.

Worst: Prototype remasters

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

God of war 3 on ps4 is very barebones

it can't even maintain a proper 60fps

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Just came in here to give praise to Wind walker HD. It's amazing.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts
@cainetao11 said:

Worst: Prototype remasters

Oh yeah, I remember those !

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

The Last of us remaster was the most pointless thing on the planet. **** it.

The Halo remasters on the other hand, actually resembled remasters. Glad that some of them do. The skyrim one looks improved too.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#30 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Liked the powers in those more than infamous but checked up on those remasters and they are terrible.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

Best Remaster: Halo Master Chief Collection.

Worst Remaster: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Best = MCC

Worst = I don't know.. :P

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Never played any remasters but Halo 1 and 2 looked good.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#34 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

Best: Halo MCC

Worst: I read that they haven't made significant changes to Deadpool, prototype, Marvel ultimate alliance and Fall of Cybertron