Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Sorry for the terrible pun but yeah, Below just received a 6 on GS

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/below-review-the-long-way-down/1900-6417059/

I still quite remember how much lems were hyping this game at the start of the gen. I guess its just one more flop to the pile of Xbone flops. Lems are used to it by now

Somehow, even when the xbone is already dead... it keeps on dying :p

Bilic42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Bilic42
Member since 2019 • 14 Posts

Xone is off to a rough 2019 , just like 2018 and 2017

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69470 Posts

Strange, I can't recall anyone "hyping" this game. Besides, you are late to the show.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Can we have an OBOVE expectations thread to include your mom?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

This was hyped?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

A title never hyped is below expectations? Who's expectations? Cows falsely claiming it was hyped?

Xbox won again, living rent free 24/7 in cows minds...or what loosely resembles a mind

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Oh noes! How ever will I sleep at night?

Spoiler: Just fine.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#8 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I love my Xbox One and I have little faith in it being any good right from the start. What hype are you referring to?

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Xbone taking another L.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

@kingtito said:

A title never hyped is below expectations? Who's expectations? Cows falsely claiming it was hyped?

Xbox won again, living rent free 24/7 in cows minds...or what loosely resembles a mind

Where did that phrase "living rent free" in people's minds came from?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

As mentioned above, the game wasn't really hyped. Maybe if it was 2010 when everyone parties would get damp at the prospect of kewl pixel game, but now they are a dime a dozen. Everyone's a pink haired auteur indite with thick rimmed glasses, it's no longer exciting.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Errr I don't eve remember Below was being hype at all, by anyone really. Are we sure this game was hype to begin with? And how is this an Xbox One game when it's on Steam anyway?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kingtito

@onesiphorus said:
@kingtito said:

Where did that phrase "living rent free" in people's minds came from?

No idea, I'm quoting a fellow forum member when cows, such as TC, post nonsense like this thread because they continue to talk about a console they've deemed, on numerous occasions, irrelevant, redundant and having no games.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Game is pretty cool... but it really is a punishing roguelike. Not quite Teleglitch punishing ... but still pretty gritty.

In general tho I think people should give more games a chance instead of looking at someone's score and scratching it off your list.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Even the heading of the article sums up Xbox One - "Below Review: The Long Way Down"

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11088 Posts

Let's face it. No one's gonna be looking forward to anything on Xbox but Gears 5 this year, and I got a feeling a lot of Boners are gonna reject it because it has a female lead now. Siiiiigh.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Vatusus: Oh its one of those "i remember" things huh. Well i remember you being arsehurt over the demo of DMC being exclusive to the XB1 lol.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

ITT:

OP thinks Lems care about games and gets owned.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts

With a 69 in Metacritic, Below is in the top 5 best console exclusive games for the X1 in 2018. This is an AAAe by lemming standards lol.

Lol @ lemmings damage controlling in this thread ?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69470 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Let's face it. No one's gonna be looking forward to anything on Xbox but Gears 5 this year, and I got a feeling a lot of Boners are gonna reject it because it has a female lead now. Siiiiigh.

Its not good to speak on others behalf but you do it all the time. Why?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#21 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I was one of the few hyping the game and I still stand by it. Everything in the game is top quality stuff except being too difficult. Not really difficult but more too time consuming (although there's a shortcut near the beginning that changes the game completely). Still sound design is really amazing and exploration is rewarding like few games hope to achieve. Still, it sucks being so unbalanced specially when it would be easy to "fix". It's clearly a design choice and definitely demands dedication. Surly not a game for "press X for emotions" gamers.

But Ashen did deliver. Freaking fantastic game!

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@Vatusus: "I still quite remember how much lems were hyping this game at the start of the gen."

What?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: Whereas PS4 owners are looking forward to Days gone no doubt.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I'm enjoying it and this game often managed to generate good buzz over the years when it was shown. It looks great and has a cool dark atmosphere, plays fine and is challenging, but I've yet to encounter the brutal difficulty spike that sparked the mixed reactions.

There's a reason why it generated interest, but it is still an indie from someone I do not know, so I never thought it was necessarily going to be a critical success, but so far it has met my expectations and I'm glad I got it. Also it's on Gamepass, so people on the fence can at least try it. I want to keep playing to see what this unreasonable difficulty is.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11088 Posts
@Pedro said:

Its not good to speak on others behalf but you do it all the time. Why?

Says the guy to defends all the Xbox posters/alts here. I've been around long enough to know how people work.

@sealionact said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Whereas PS4 owners are looking forward to Days gone no doubt.

I'm not sure if the game will be good, but I have no doubt it'll release with more dignity than Crackdown 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#26 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: The unreasonable difficulty comes from an unbalanced design that allows players to play however they want and if the person rushes it will inevitably feel like the game is needlessly hard. I like exploration in games so I took my time and by level 3 I found a shortcut to level 20. Then I just mixed exploring higher level with going deeper to the last levels. Now I stopped to play Ashen but I plan going back right after I'm done with it. Still I wish the game was better balanced, nothing major but it keeps this from being a must play game to one that I cautiously recommend.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

So you are picking on a small Indie Dev and hoping they fail just because it's not on your box?

Way to stay classy Cows. SMH It still might come to PS4, you still going to be Toxic then?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

Well, look at it this way. At least MS is consistent. They've shown true dedication in their efforts to release flop after flop this gen. Give credit where it's due.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

One of those games that look cool, but you have to play to know what's wrong with it / if there's something wrong with it. I'm interested in it, but I have too many other games to play right now.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44063 Posts

Poor Cows like this TC, they are all out of bad ideas and this is the epitome of hitting rock bottom and still digging...

At least they still do have the very funniest backfires on SW... Grats TC....

Mooo, Mooo. Mooooooo lol :P

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@phbz: Yeah that sounds about right, which is probably why I'm enjoying it because since the beginning I am playing it very cautiously(because I heard it gets tough later), and I died the first time on floor 18, but thankfully I had ignited a blue flame nearby so when I spawned back I could teleport back to my dropped lantern, which was a relief. But I can see how someone would get frustrated if they didn't have a shortcut yet to go back to where they died. I'll get a better idea of the design as I progress further and if I am able to reach the end.

I do agree with the criticism of clutter in your inventory, I routinely throw stuff on the floor. No big deal though so far

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46282 Posts

This game actually looks amazing, the concept for it is freaking nice. Having your character be so small and the game be so zoomed out.

Too bad they couldn't polish the gameplay in those 6 years.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#33 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts
@Vatusus said:

I still quite remember how much lems were hyping this game at the start of the gen. I guess its just one more flop to the pile of Xbone flops. Lems are used to it by now

Average on metacritic is 70%, but i guess choosing metacritic would have made it more difficult for you to call the game a flop huh? lol, pathetic cows and their selective bias. I'm actually impressed that with all of those unbeatable GOTY exclusives you orgasm to every day you guys have the time to create the most threads on these forums to bash other platforms, its almost as if you are all of shit...but what do I know?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kingtito

@Shewgenja said:

ITT:

OP thinks Lems care about games and gets owned.

As usual. Need it be spelled out for you cowgenja?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaVillain  Moderator

@Dark_sageX said:
@Vatusus said:

Average on metacritic is 70%, but i guess choosing metacritic would have made it more difficult for you to call the game a flop huh? lol, pathetic cows and their selective bias. I'm actually impressed that with all of those unbeatable GOTY exclusives you orgasm to every day you guys have the time to create the most threads on these forums to bash other platforms, its almost as if you are all of shit...but what do I know?

Not to mention, Below is on Steam as well lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

People have feeble minds. How easy they "forget" things... At the start of the gen the game was hyped, dont lie. It was indie fodder for system wars when indie was still a big thing to brag about. It hype just begun to die after several years of nothing

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kingtito

@Vatusus said:

People have feeble minds. How easy they "forget" things... At the start of the gen the game was hyped, dont lie. It was indie fodder for system wars when indie was still a big thing to brag about. It hype just begun to die after several years of nothing

Why don't you post proof anyone was hyping it instead of expecting people to trust what you say. Given you're a cow, I'd say your credibility is low.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Sony had nothing but Indies as exclusives beginning of this gen. Banging their chests that they were so pro indie then dropped that shit in the bushes as soon as Uncharted 4 came out.

Don't believe me? Look it up, it's easy to find. With some quotes from Sony Execs saying "they don't need them anymore." Look how they Did No Man's Sky!

MS has had a history of being Indie friendly on consoles and have come back around especially with DirectX 12 making it easy to code both PC and Xbox at the same time.

I admit the game is not for me, but I ain't going to hate on them. Any game that makes me drink water and eat is stupid. (Except RDR2 only because it is booze instead of water)

Most people that like it say it reminds them a little of the first Zelda.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

never saw of heard of it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@kingtito said:
@Vatusus said:

Why don't you post proof anyone was hyping it instead of expecting people to trust what you say. Given you're a cow, I'd say your credibility is low.

As you can guess, I'm not looking for 5 yo threads or comments to prove you something. Believe what you want. I know what I saw and read back in those days. But then again, back in those days anything remotely exclusive was getting hyped to high heavens...

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kingtito

@Vatusus said:
@kingtito said:
@Vatusus said:

As you can guess, I'm not looking for 5 yo threads or comments to prove you something. Believe what you want. I know what I saw and read back in those days. But then again, back in those days anything remotely exclusive was getting hyped to high heavens...

Nah you're a cow and your views are skewed. You, like most cows, love to make up MS bashing points. Your posting history proves you're a cow and thus isn't to be believed when it comes to MS or lems and besides, isn't this game on steam? So how is this a MS exclusive or MS failure?

Anytime you talk it's pretty much mooo moooooo mooo mooooo

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

Meanwhile the game is actually great. And not that difficult at all.

Leave it to game journos to miss the point of the game entirely and blame the game for it.

It achieves precisely what it's set out to do. But we can't faceroll through it over the evening and have a review out the next day, so its tight, punishing-but-fair mechanics are "questionable" and "get in the way" and it's a 6/10.

"Get in the way" of what, exactly? Without its mechanics it's just a pretty animated short like GRIS.

Oh wait, you gave that one a 9/10.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DaVillain  Moderator

@the-a-baum said:

Sony had nothing but Indies as exclusives beginning of this gen. Banging their chests that they were so pro indie then dropped that shit in the bushes as soon as Uncharted 4 came out.

Don't believe me? Look it up, it's easy to find. With some quotes from Sony Execs saying "they don't need them anymore." Look how they Did No Man's Sky!

MS has had a history of being Indie friendly on consoles and have come back around especially with DirectX 12 making it easy to code both PC and Xbox at the same time.

I admit the game is not for me, but I ain't going to hate on them. Any game that makes me drink water and eat is stupid. (Except RDR2 only because it is booze instead of water)

Most people that like it say it reminds them a little of the first Zelda.

The balded part. During the early days of Xbox One, every Indie developer were all piss at MS for being assholes, Indie developers stated MS are assholes and went to Sony for better treatment of Indie development. It's nice MS finally change their Indie policies and regain their trust.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8057 Posts

Since it's on Game Pass, I'll give it an honest try.. I definitely like the visual style and atmosphere

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@kingtito: Nevermind the OP his arse is still sore over MS making the demo for the newest DMC game exclusive to the XB1 lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@i_p_daily said:

@kingtito: Nevermind the OP his arse is still sore over MS making the demo for the newest DMC game exclusive to the XB1 lol.

In just two months I'll play the full game, not a 5 min demo with the worse playing character and with most moves still locked. Dont pity me :p

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2928 Posts

Never heard about this game before and never cared. It must the least hyped xbox game in history.