Be real Sony and stop lying to us about the PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Riddle me this, riddle me that..

You're Sony. Your competitor implements and launches with Always-online and Always-connected DRM.

Your competitor is already in bed with EA.

Your competitor gets preferential treatment from third party.

Your competitor is reaping massive profits from putting their hands in the second-hand market cookie jar.

Do you?

A. Stand on the sidelines while the publishers screwjob you out of the market

or

B. Implement your own DRM infrastructure and get back into the picture?

See, what you lembots have failed to see, all along, is that Microsoft was in the drivers seat all along. Sony's E3 conference wasn't just a blow to Microsoft. It was a bluff to the entire games industry. The crowd cheering the way it did set the whole damn ball in motion and you are too caught up in your console wars corporate shill mind-set to really see the forest for the trees. I feel sorry for you.

and that's the bottom line. Gamers won that day and you guys are sitting here trying to pitch barbs at Sony. It's utterly pathetic.

Excellent post. I do not know why anyone would favor MS policies which they had every intention of implementing. Anti consumerism must be stopped.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 LJS9502_basic

@CloudStrife213 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@CloudStrife213:

LOL dude. Did you even read your links? What does the world third party mean to you?

It means that Sony would ALLOW DRM on their console, instead of disallowing it. Both companies have disallowed DRM on both consoles now. You act as if every publisher is first party.

Third-party publishers are the majority not first-party developers/publishers. It would be a feast to behold for EA, 2K, Activision, Ubisoft, and many other publishers if DRM were to push through on both consoles.

Actually it meant Sony wasn't setting policies for third parties. But I doubt you understand the difference. Anyway....thanks to MS arrogance and the backlash.....we don't have to worry about that issue this gen. Which is a GOOD THING. And if you don't think the E3 reaction to Sony's announcement didn't change that.....I can't help you.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By CloudStrife213
Member since 2006 • 430 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@CloudStrife213:

LOL dude. Did you even read your links? What does the world third party mean to you?

It means that Sony would ALLOW DRM on their console, instead of disallowing it. Both companies have disallowed DRM on both consoles now. You act as if every publisher is first party.

Third-party publishers are the majority not first-party developers/publishers. It would be a feast to behold for EA, 2K, Activision, Ubisoft, and many other publishers if DRM were to push through on both consoles.

Actually it meant Sony wasn't setting policies for third parties. But I doubt you understand the difference. Anyway....thanks to MS arrogance and the backlash.....we don't have to worry about that issue this gen. Which is a GOOD THING. And if you don't think the E3 reaction to Sony's announcement didn't change that.....I can't help you.

That is what I meant when Sony would allow DRM on their console. They wouldn't set policies, hence DRM or non-DRM was allowed.

They wouldn't tell publishers whether to use DRM or to not use DRM, hence they allowed publishers to do what they see fit.

To put DRM or to not put DRM. And we all know what most publishers want. Although MS was stupid enough to consider putting DRM on all games unlike Sony who only allowed third-party publishers to do what they see fit. Maybe because of publisher pressure?

Not setting policies for DRM is allowing. You just proved my point.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#204  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

TC has a point.

I'm somewhat disappointed with the PS4 and outright disgusted with the X1.

It seemed safe to ass-ume that 1080p 60fps would be the standard this gen. How could it not be when 720p 20-30fps was the standard last gen?

They gave both consoles an ungodly amount of RAM but then reserved a huge portion of it for the OS. WTF?!?!?!?!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@CloudStrife213 said:

How is it speculation when it came out of the own mouth of Jack Tretton? Yes, MS was outspoken on its policies, especially because they announced it at E3, but Sony kept quiet and under the radar, as evidenced by interviews and patents. Unless you believe that Jack Tretton is lying in those interviews, then I can't see any other point of view. They let MS take the fall for it first before totally outlawing DRM.

"There's gonna be free-to-play, there's gonna be every potential business model on there, and again, that's up to their relationship with the consumer, what do they think is going to put them in the best fit. We're not going to dictate that, we're gonna give them a platform to publish on. The DRM decision is going to have to be answered by the third parties, it's not something we're going to control, or dictate, or mandate, or implement."

Owned by the same crap you posted sony say it was up to developers,and look at the tone he use before like well if the developer is up to them to face problem with costumers.

That first bold part clear as water,and the second part confirms it no DRM from sony..ahahahaa

Owned by your own link...hahaha

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@CloudStrife213 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

That is what I meant when Sony would allow DRM on their console. They wouldn't set policies, hence DRM or non-DRM was allowed.

They wouldn't tell publishers whether to use DRM or to not use DRM, hence they allowed publishers to do what they see fit.

To put DRM or to not put DRM. And we all know what most publishers want. Although MS was stupid enough to consider putting DRM on all games unlike Sony who only allowed third-party publishers to do what they see fit. Maybe because of publisher pressure?

Not setting policies for DRM is allowing. You just proved my point.

I don't think you paid much attention to MS' announcement of their DRM policy. And you misread things. Basically if the market was going to skew toward DRM then it was going to go that way. Therefore, you couldn't create a system that would negate that. That does mean it was Sony's desire for DRM. It just means one's products have to be flexible for the market. As we can see....no one wanted DRM except MS. But Sony wasn't going to ignore third party developers. That is bat ass insane to think they could do that and have a viable console if DRM was the standard.

And THAT is the difference you don't grasp.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#208 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@Boddicker said:

TC has a point.

It seemed safe to ass-ume that 1080p 60fps would be the standard this gen. How could it not be when 720p 20-30fps was the standard last gen?

They gave both consoles an ungodly amount of RAM but then reserved a huge portion of it for the OS. WTF?!?!?!?!

Both consoles will get better with time. This will be a 1080p generation. That was the goal all along with putting in a nearly 2tflop GPU. There's still lots of room for driver improvements and API tools to be more efficient. Just compare Uncharted 1 to The Last of Us. You can easily expect that kind of improvement this gen.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By CloudStrife213

@tormentos said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

How is it speculation when it came out of the own mouth of Jack Tretton? Yes, MS was outspoken on its policies, especially because they announced it at E3, but Sony kept quiet and under the radar, as evidenced by interviews and patents. Unless you believe that Jack Tretton is lying in those interviews, then I can't see any other point of view. They let MS take the fall for it first before totally outlawing DRM.

"There's gonna be free-to-play, there's gonna be every potential business model on there, and again, that's up to their relationship with the consumer, what do they think is going to put them in the best fit. We're not going to dictate that, we're gonna give them a platform to publish on. The DRM decision is going to have to be answered by the third parties, it's not something we're going to control, or dictate, or mandate, or implement."

Owned by the same crap you posted sony say it was up to developers,and look at the tone he use before like well if the developer is up to them to face problem with costumers.

That first bold part clear as water,and the second part confirms it no DRM from sony..ahahahaa

It's so funny that you can't understand what he said. Reading Comprehension anybody?

As I have been saying, they didn't dictate whether games would use DRM or not. They left it up to publishers. They did not have any policy regarding DRM. They would allow publishers to implement DRM. And we all know what most publishers want. How is allowing DRM any different or good?

A quote that applies to this situation; "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

You on the other hand have admitted that Sony would allow DRM on their console, allowing third-party publishers to implement DRM. Sony would allow an unethical act on their console.

You are the one who got owned.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 LJS9502_basic

@CloudStrife213 said:

@tormentos said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

It's so funny that you can't understand what he said. Reading Comprehension anybody?

As I have been saying, they didn't dictate whether games would use DRM or not. They left it up to publishers. They did not have any policy regarding DRM. They would allow publishers to implement DRM. And we all know what most publishers want. How is allowing DRM any different or good?

You on the other hand have admitted that Sony would allow DRM on their console, allowing third-party publishers to implement DRM.

You make me want to smash my head on my desk. What YOU aren't understanding is Sony has to compete in the marketplace. Period. So if the industry goes DRM...they have to have a means to allow that. That DOES NOT mean Sony intended to implement DRM.

Damn dude....

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@CloudStrife213 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@super600 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

so you're saying at 3 months in, it's been maxed out?

No he's saying that sony should stop lying and tell the truth when they are talking about a game's resolution.

What?

When has Sony promised us that we'll always get 1080p/60 fps?

Lol, lemming mods are so funny.

When Sony said Killzone : Shadowfall will be at 1080p 60 fps both single player and multiplayer. Typical symptoms of a fanboy, be blind to events, and facts that are against one's own biases. Check this article out fanboy. Also while you are at it check this wikipedia page out, it totally describes what you are doing.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/02/killzone-shadow-fall-campaign-hands-on-new-multiplayer-footage/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choice-supportive_bias

Quote from article:

Then there’s the competitive multiplayer mode which, like the game’s campaign, runs at native 1080p and 60 fps. Supporting up to 24 players across a variety of play modes, Shadow Fall’s multiplayer combat feels more agile and responsive than its predecessor thanks to DualShock 4′s many refinements and, well, dat framerate.

Also, you know what's funny? It's funny that the same people who say they don't care and try to rationalize why the frame rate and resolution is this way for the PS4 are the same people bashing the Xbox One for its resolution/frame rate. You can't have it both ways.

And the cows have been owned.

Hahaha, ok lemming, you found one article in which the writer made a mistake and now Sony promised us 1080p/60fps for every game?. LMFAO, lemmings are truly desperate.

Either way it won't change that Xbone will have the inferior multiplats and is still weaker than PS4.

Pls try again, I want to laugh some more lemming.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By CloudStrife213

@LJS9502_basic said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

@tormentos said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

You on the other hand have admitted that Sony would allow DRM on their console, allowing third-party publishers to implement DRM.

You make me want to smash my head on my desk. What YOU aren't understanding is Sony has to compete in the marketplace. Period. So if the industry goes DRM...they have to have a means to allow that. That DOES NOT mean Sony intended to implement DRM.

Damn dude....

So you basically admitted it yourself? You basically agree with my argument that Sony was considering DRM because of the industry. Like you said, they need to compete if needed.

Also, if you can assume that Sony didn't intend to implement DRM. I can assume that Sony intended to implement DRM. Unless you are a Sony executive/employee. What evidence have you that they didn't intend to implement DRM. I have my links. Where's yours?

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Suppaman100

@CloudStrife213 said:

@tormentos said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

A quote that applies to this situation; "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

You on the other hand have admitted that Sony would allow DRM on their console, allowing third-party publishers to implement DRM. Sony would allow an unethical act on their console.

No fool, you're owning yourself constantly in this thread.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 LJS9502_basic

@CloudStrife213 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

@tormentos said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

Damn dude....

So you basically admitted it yourself? You basically agree with my argument that Sony was considering DRM. Also, you cannot assume that Sony didn't intend to implement DRM. What evidence have you that they didn't intend to implement DRM. I have my links. Where's yours?

No I don't agree with your argument. And you can't see the difference. So it's pointless to prolong this painful discussion.

You want to prove Sony intended DRM then show me where they said their first party games would be DRM. Because you haven't.

GGGoodboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#215 GGGoodboy
Member since 2014 • 37 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@gggoodboy said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

@gggoodboy said:

@2mrw said:

@Suppaman100:

I don't really care so much about the X1 situation here.

The KZ:SF fiasco is enough to prove my point here. And nop, most games aren't 1080/60, aside from indies of course.

No ONE CARES about Killzone's MP resolution.

The ONLY ones making a big deal out of it are xbots like you whove been sitting at your computer chairs with shit in your hand just hoping and waiting for any little piece of negative Sony news you can find to blow up and run with...you know since the xbone legit has been complete and utter shit...

Seriously calling it a fiasco is straight up trolling.

If Killzone's 920x1080p MP resolution is a fiasco....then what do we call Ryse being 900p while being linear and scripted to the max....that must be a diaster

Killzone's 926x1080p resolution in MP (IF Digital Foundry is to be believed which they shouldnt considering their shady history) but just saying so for arguements sake.....If true that resolution still >>>>>>>>>>>>most xbone games.....so again whats the problem? There is none !

Such desperate and pathetic reaching from xbots

You xbots truly are the most delusional

It's funny that the same people who say they don't care about the resolution and framerate for KZ: SF, are the same people bashing the Xbox One for its resolution/frame rate. You can't have it both ways. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Are you stupid?

Killzone MP is claimed to have a 926x1080p resolution

Thats still a higher resolution then most id not all xbone games have

So in fact, its the other way around

You xboners who are trying to make this a big deal in regards to Killzone while ignoring that most xbone games have a LOWER RESOLUTION...are insane and are beyond hypocrticial....

Until a PS4 exclusive has 720p or 900p like Ryse THAN you can talk

PS4 gamers can still rightfully make fun of the xbone's pathetic performance....Killzone MP STILL has a higher resolution then a vast majority of xbone games WHILE also looking MUCH better then anything on an xbone

Its butt hurt xbot shills like you WHO are trying to make this thing about killzone an issue its NOT

At the end of the day, what you wrote has nothing to do with anything I said.....do you even realise how delusional you are coming as across....youre delusional and I mean it....hope everyone starts flagging your awful posts you xbot shill

actually ALL XB1 exclusive Multiplayer games run at a higher res than PS4's hahaaha

Such as ....

Dont just talk out of your ass like you always do/like xboners always do

fact is youre wrong and thats WHY you cant give any concrete examples

Titan Fall ISNT 1080p....and even if it were, the game looks like ass...so it doesnt matter..

PS4 gets THE best versions of multi plats (higher resolutions and higher frame rates)

Killzone is 1080p ( a resolution thats RARE on xbone) while Killzone still LOOKS better then anything on an xbone

And you get that all on PS4, the 50% more power, better exclusive developers etc for 100$ less

PS4 crushes the xbone in ever way possible

For you to still defend Microsoft the way you do, it tells me youre not right mentally. I bet you were the same sheep who was defending Microsoft's henious anti-consumer DRM /always online schemes

You simply deserve to get F'd over by Microsoft

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Shewgenja

@LJS9502_basic said:

Excellent post. I do not know why anyone would favor MS policies which they had every intention of implementing. Anti consumerism must be stopped.

Seriously, I can't go into details, but I can say that that E3 conference was "high theatre". Sony knew they could drum up overwhelming support from the gamers because they were paying attention to the fiasco. That doesn't mean they were going to just hand the market over to their competitor if the fat lady sung. The whole damn industry would go into 1980s mode or Sony would take the whole pie. It was a ballsy move, because even Sony doesn't really know who all was putting pressure on MS to go forward with their DRM policies and we will never ever ever know because it would be a PR disaster if that info ever saw the light of day.

More goes on in board rooms and back room meetings in the gaming industry than anyone would ever be comfortable with. Even though it's an entertainment industry that revolves around otherwise well-meaning and a very innocent fanbase, it IS an industry that dwarfs Hollywood and it does play by cut-throat rules. If Sony had to do an "I'm sorry, but we're going to have to implement DRM" speech at E3 '14, then so be it, they gambled and lost. Fortunately for us, that's not how it went down.

It would be highly naive to think that always-connected won't rear its ugly head when it comes time for PS5 and XBoxTwo. The publishers take a look at Gamestops second hand sales and feel like they are getting kicked in the balls.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By CloudStrife213

@LJS9502_basic said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

@tormentos said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

Damn dude....

So you basically admitted it yourself? You basically agree with my argument that Sony was considering DRM. Also, you cannot assume that Sony didn't intend to implement DRM. What evidence have you that they didn't intend to implement DRM. I have my links. Where's yours?

No I don't agree with your argument. And you can't see the difference. So it's pointless to prolong this painful discussion.

You want to prove Sony intended DRM then show me where they said their first party games would be DRM. Because you haven't.

If you can assume that Sony didn't intend to implement DRM. I can assume that Sony intended to implement DRM. Unless you are a Sony executive/employee. What evidence have you that they didn't intend to implement DRM. I have my links. Where's yours?

It's funny how Sony is the good guy all the time and that you assume that Sony would only implement DRM because they were forced to when you have no idea of their intentions. Again, if you can assume that Sony didn't intend to implement DRM. I can assume that Sony intended to implement DRM. No evidence points towards Sony not considering implementing DRM, but if you read my previous posts you would see that they were considering to have DRM.

I never said that first party games would be DRM. All I said is that they would allow third party developers to choose whether their game has DRM or not. Quit putting words into my mouth. If you read my entire post you wouldn't be posting nonsense.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

@gggoodboy said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

@gggoodboy said:

@2mrw said:

@Suppaman100:

The KZ:SF fiasco is enough to prove my point here. And nop, most games aren't 1080/60, aside from indies of course.

The ONLY ones making a big deal out of it are xbots like you whove been sitting at your computer chairs with shit in your hand just hoping and waiting for any little piece of negative Sony news you can find to blow up and run with...you know since the xbone legit has been complete and utter shit...

If Killzone's 920x1080p MP resolution is a fiasco....then what do we call Ryse being 900p while being linear and scripted to the max....that must be a diaster

Killzone's 926x1080p resolution in MP (IF Digital Foundry is to be believed which they shouldnt considering their shady history) but just saying so for arguements sake.....If true that resolution still >>>>>>>>>>>>most xbone games.....so again whats the problem? There is none !

It's funny that the same people who say they don't care about the resolution and framerate for KZ: SF, are the same people bashing the Xbox One for its resolution/frame rate. You can't have it both ways. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Are you stupid?

You xboners who are trying to make this a big deal in regards to Killzone while ignoring that most xbone games have a LOWER RESOLUTION...are insane and are beyond hypocrticial....

PS4 gamers can still rightfully make fun of the xbone's pathetic performance....Killzone MP STILL has a higher resolution then a vast majority of xbone games WHILE also looking MUCH better then anything on an xbone

Its butt hurt xbot shills like you WHO are trying to make this thing about killzone an issue its NOT

At the end of the day, what you wrote has nothing to do with anything I said.....do you even realise how delusional you are coming as across....youre delusional and I mean it....hope everyone starts flagging your awful posts you xbot shill

actually ALL XB1 exclusive Multiplayer games run at a higher res than PS4's hahaaha

Fucking better do in 2014 with textures like these.

funny, i dont remember seeing an "E" button on my Xbone controller .

Just imagine how bad it'll look on the Xbone. To compare from the Alpha:

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Shewgenja

Of course it doesn't look great. What do you expect from a $500 console?

Oh, wait..

GGGoodboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By GGGoodboy

@CloudStrife213 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@CloudStrife213:

Wrong again!

The difference was Sony was NEVER planning on implementing DRM or always online....and you can gain as much from just even reading YOUR OWN links

Where as Microsoft DID PLAN to implement them, and did go full steam ahead with all of their henious anti-consumer xbone policies....Microsoft ONLY stopped at the last second due to losing pre orders

So its like Microsoft had their knife of DRM/always online touching the skin of gamers throats and right before slicing and butchering consumers rights, cops came and Microsoft was forced to put the knife away. Microsoft saw they were losing pre orders and were forced to stop

No OTHER gaming company has been as anti-consumer as Microsoft is....No other company has ever tried to get away with the things Microsoft has done....Microsoft is a cancer to the gaming industry and needs to be erradicated

If Microsoft had their way drm/always online would be the "norm" and TV features would be > gaming

So thats why people are even more glad that the PS4 is crushing the xbone in sales. Sending all the right messages.

PS4 all the way. Its much more powerful yet much cheaper. Gaming is the focus. PSN+ > XBL. No madatory kinect spy cam. Playstation exclusive developers are the best etc. PS4 is superior to the xbone in every respect. Makes no sense to get an xbone when the PS4 exists and does everything better for less

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By CloudStrife213

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

@gggoodboy said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

@gggoodboy said:

@2mrw said:

@Suppaman100:

Are you stupid?

Fucking better do in 2014 with textures like these.

funny, i dont remember seeing an "E" button on my Xbone controller .

Just imagine how bad it'll look on the Xbone. To compare from the Alpha:

didn't play the alpha, but i was more than happy with the beta. It may not be the greatest looking game, but it certainly plays great. cry more butthurt boy

Another pet peeve of mine are fanboys who hate on games just because it isn't on their console of choice. Ahhh.. "Choice-Supportive Bias"

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@CloudStrife213 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

If you can assume that Sony didn't intend to implement DRM. I can assume that Sony intended to implement DRM. Unless you are a Sony executive/employee. What evidence have you that they didn't intend to implement DRM. I have my links. Where's yours?

It's funny how Sony is the good guy all the time and that you assume that Sony would only implement DRM because they were forced to when you have no idea of their intentions. Again, if you can assume that Sony didn't intend to implement DRM. I can assume that Sony intended to implement DRM. No evidence points towards Sony not considering implementing DRM, but if you read my previous posts you would see that they were considering to have DRM.

I never said that first party games would be DRM. All I said is that they would allow third party developers to choose whether their game has DRM or not. Quit putting words into my mouth. If you read my entire post you wouldn't be posting nonsense.

Sure you can assume whatever you like if you like looking the fool. IF Sony intended DRM where is the announcements that their games....not third party....but first party would be DRM? Short that proof you are just posting wishful thinking.

Sony a good guy? My complaint with MS had nothing to do with Sony. I was just glad they said no DRM and got the response they did...because THAT AND ONLY THAT....changed MS' policy. Had that not happened...the X1 would be as announced at E3. And that is no good for gaming nor consumers. I vote with my money for positive experiences....not negative. MS lost my money thus far because of how THEY have handled this gen. Not because of what Sony....Nintendo....nor anyone else could possibly do. I'm not blind to a brand. If I find it too expensive, having manufacturing issues, lacking in some respect....in regard to gaming.....games that are exclusive and must haves.....and definitely creating anti consumer policy....they don't get my loyalty. Period.

As for your last paragraph I've explained to you several times now that one has to make their product to the industry standard. IF DRM became industry standard then a manufacturer would have to provide for that. We have no PS4's in production that have DRM policies.

I'm not posting nonsense. A manufacturer saying any DRM would be up to the publisher does inherently mean it's their policy. But you can't see that. Fanboy much?

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By CloudStrife213

@LJS9502_basic said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

Sure you can assume whatever you like if you like looking the fool. IF Sony intended DRM where is the announcements that their games....not third party....but first party would be DRM? Short that proof you are just posting wishful thinking.

Sony a good guy? My complaint with MS had nothing to do with Sony. I was just glad they said no DRM and got the response they did...because THAT AND ONLY THAT....changed MS' policy. Had that not happened...the X1 would be as announced at E3. And that is no good for gaming nor consumers. I vote with my money for positive experiences....not negative. MS lost my money thus far because of how THEY have handled this gen. Not because of what Sony....Nintendo....nor anyone else could possibly do. I'm not blind to a brand. If I find it too expensive, having manufacturing issues, lacking in some respect....in regard to gaming.....games that are exclusive and must haves.....and definitely creating anti consumer policy....they don't get my loyalty. Period.

As for your last paragraph I've explained to you several times now that one has to make their product to the industry standard. IF DRM became industry standard then a manufacturer would have to provide for that. We have no PS4's in production that have DRM policies.

I'm not posting nonsense. A manufacturer saying any DRM would be up to the publish does inherently mean it's their policy. But you can't see that. Fanboy much?

First-party games are irrelevant. What's relevant to the discussion is that Sony would allow publishers to implement DRM on their console. The majority of publishers are third-party.

Sony didn't have any policies restricting DRM for third-party publishers. Jack Tretton said it himself, that is of course until the backlash from DRM.How many times do I have to repeat that to you? Sony didn't force DRM, but they didn't disallow it either.

A quote that applies to this; "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

GGGoodboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By GGGoodboy

@Boddicker said:

TC has a point.

To be fair the TC is a known xboner troll. Dont listen to him. Disregard what he has to say. Same goes for CloudStrife and Matt.

The FACTS of the matter are this:

1. All multi plats have been much better on PS4.

The differences between PS4 and xbone multi-plats are much GREATER then the differences between 360 and PS3 multi-plats ever were

2. More specifically, most games have been 1080p on PS4 vs 720p on xbone.

Thats a huge difference...

In the case of Tomb Raider...Tomb Raider on PS4 has DOUBLE the frame rate and thats an even bigger difference

3. Killzone is the most impressive next gen launch game and its still 1080p

The PS4 is MORE then 50% more powerful then the xbone and the games support that too.

Aslo to correct some misinfo.

PS4 has GDDR5 ram. Its much FASTER then the shitty slow DDR3 ram the xbone uses...and PS4 has more of that faster ram to use for gaming....as xbone reserves more for its UI

Not only does the PS4 have much more faster memory to use, its GPU is 50% more powerful, its CPU is 32% faster, it has GPUGPU and hUMA capability and it is much more efficent / easier to develop for

All things considered the PS4 IS EVEN MORE powerful then the xbone then most think

The PS4 will have bigger advantages over the xbone, then the xbox ever had over the PS2

Thats how much more powerful the PS4 is

And whats amazing about the PS4's power is that its only 400$....price for power NOTHING comes close to offering what the PS4 is offering price for power

PS4 is a beast of a GAMING console...and when you buy a PS4 you know you will get the best exclusives too considering the pedigree of playstation exclusive developers and Sony's long storied history of support and risk taking

If youre a gamer the PS4 is the only correct option

Dont deny yourself an amazing PS4 because of flase info etc

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 LJS9502_basic

@CloudStrife213 said:

First-party games are irrelevant. What's relevant to the discussion is that Sony would allow publishers to implement DRM on their console. The majority of publishers are third-party.

Sony didn't have any policies restricting DRM for third-party publishers. Jack Tretton said it himself, that is of course until the backlash from DRM.How many times do I have to repeat that to you? Sony didn't force DRM, but they didn't disallow it either.

A quote that applies to this; "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Oh for ****'s sake. Way to ignore my point and continue on with third parties. You sir have repeatedly failed to provide the proof I asked of you.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

Ryse craps on killzone? I've heard it all now

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 CloudStrife213

@gggoodboy said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@CloudStrife213:

Wrong again!

The difference was Sony was NEVER planning on implementing DRM or always online....and you can gain as much from just even reading YOUR OWN links

Where as Microsoft DID PLAN to implement them, and did go full steam ahead with all of their henious anti-consumer xbone policies....Microsoft ONLY stopped at the last second due to losing pre orders

So its like Microsoft had their knife of DRM/always online touching the skin of gamers throats and right before slicing and butchering consumers rights, cops came and Microsoft was forced to put the knife away. Microsoft saw they were losing pre orders and were forced to stop

No OTHER gaming company has been as anti-consumer as Microsoft is....No other company has ever tried to get away with the things Microsoft has done....Microsoft is a cancer to the gaming industry and needs to be erradicated

If Microsoft had their way drm/always online would be the "norm" and TV features would be > gaming

So thats why people are even more glad that the PS4 is crushing the xbone in sales. Sending all the right messages.

PS4 all the way. Its much more powerful yet much cheaper. Gaming is the focus. PSN+ > XBL. No madatory kinect spy cam. Playstation exclusive developers are the best etc. PS4 is superior to the xbone in every respect. Makes no sense to get an xbone when the PS4 exists and does everything better for less

Funny how you can assume that Sony never planned on implementing DRM? What are you, a Sony employee? Just because they don't announce it to the whole world doesn't mean that they weren't planning it. Ever heard of trade secrets?

Again, as I have told others. If you can assume that Sony never intended on implementing DRM. Show me the proof. If you don't have any proof then I can safely assume too that Sony was indeed planning to implement DRM. I have partial proof showing that Sony was considering DRM with the interview and patents.

Give me the proof that Sony was never considering DRM and we'll settle this once and for all. Otherwise, all you say is conjecture.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By CloudStrife213

@LJS9502_basic said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

Oh for ****'s sake. Way to ignore my point and continue on with third parties. You sir have repeatedly failed to provide the proof I asked of you.

Where was it in any of my posts that I said that Sony will be implementing DRM on their first-party games? All I said was that they didn't have any policy regarding third-party games having or not having DRM. Sony didn't have any policies restricting DRM for third-party publishers. I NEVER said that Sony would apply DRM to first-party games, quit putting words in my mouth. I only said that Sony would allow third-party publishers to implement DRM.

Sony did not want to implement DRM on their own games, but they would allow third-party publishers to do what they see fit, DRM or non-DRM.

Read my posts again. And read the interview again.

GGGoodboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 GGGoodboy

@sts106mat said:

@gggoodboy said:

@sts106mat said:

@gggoodboy said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

@gggoodboy said:

@2mrw said:

@Suppaman100:

Are you stupid?

Such as ....

Dont just talk out of your ass like you always do/like xboners always do

fact is youre wrong and thats WHY you cant give any concrete examples

Titan Fall ISNT 1080p....and even if it were, the game looks like ass...so it doesnt matter..

PS4 gets THE best versions of multi plats (higher resolutions and higher frame rates)

Killzone is 1080p ( a resolution thats RARE on xbone) while Killzone still LOOKS better then anything on an xbone

And you get that all on PS4, the 50% more power, better exclusive developers etc for 100$ less

PS4 crushes the xbone in ever way possible

For you to still defend Microsoft the way you do, it tells me youre not right mentally. I bet you were the same sheep who was defending Microsoft's henious anti-consumer DRM /always online schemes

You simply deserve to get F'd over by Microsoft

way to ignore my post.....

Titanfall isn't exclusive so isn't included in my "ALL XB1 EXCLUSIVE MULTIPLAYER GAMES" try and prove me wrong sucker!

You made the claim PROVE IT

I already debunked you too.

The ONLY xbone exclusive that is 1080p is Forza 5 and Forza 5 looks like a 360 game

Killzone looks like a legit next gen game and is 1080p with a steady high frame rate

The supposed "graphical show piece" of the xbone is Ryse and Ryse is 900p with a shitty frame rate while being extremely linear

Furthermore ALL multi plats are vastly superior on PS4

Its time for you to face reality

@sts106mat said:

@gggoodboy said:

@Boddicker said:

TC has a point.

The TC is a known xbot troll. Dont take anything he has to say seriously

The FACT of the matter is this:

1. All multi plats have been much better on PS4.

The differences between PS4 and xbone are much GREATER then the differences between 360 and PS3 ever were

2. More specifically, most games have been 1080p on PS4 vs 720p on xbone.

Thats a huge difference...

in the case of Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider on PS4 has DOUBLE the frame rate and thats an even bigger difference

3. Killzone is the most impressive next gen launch game and its still 1080p

The PS4 is MORE then 50% more powerful then the xbone and the games support that too.

Aslo to correct some of your misinfo.

S4 has GDDR5 ram. Its much FASTER then the shitty slow DDR3 ram the xbone uses...and PS4 has more of that faster ram to use for gaming....as xbone reserves more for its UI

Not only does the PS4 have much more faster memory to use, its GPU is 50% more powerful, its CPU is 32% faster, it has GPUGPU and hUMA and is much more efficent

All things considered the PS4 IS EVEN MORE powerful then the xbone then most think

Down the line, the PS4 will have bigger advantages over the xbone, then the xbox had over PS2

And whats amazing about the PS4's power is that its only 400$....price for power NOTHING comes close to offering what the PS4 is offering price for power

PS4 is a beast of a GAMING console...and when you buy a PS4 you know you will get the best exclusives too considering the pedigree of playstation exclusive developers and Sony's long storied history of support and risk taking

If youre a gamer the PS4 is the only correct option

Dont deny yourself an amazing PS4 because of flase info etc

hahaha brofists hasn't changed

I cant deny that PS4 is more powerful, but it is a fact that they lied about killzone, Thief is better on XB1 and tomb raider isn't exactly a graphical masterpiece.

Ryse craps on killzones graphics....that IS a fact.

by cows own rules Killzone is a blurry mess

Man, why are xbots like the above so damn delusional

killzone is 1080p 30-40fps in SP, and 1080p 50-60fps in MP......NO graphically intensive xbone game comes close to those specs

To boot Killzone looks much better then anything on xbone as it is. Whats funny is Ryse still doesnt even come close with its extremely linear scripted scope and 900p

Killzone STILL LOOKS MILES better then Ryse WHILE being much MORE OPEN, WHILE pushing much more effects, tech, AI, and while having a higher resolution and a MUCH BETTER FRAME rate

Killzone vs Ryse proves how much more powerful the PS4 is over the xbone...and its just launch....the gap will just keep growing in favor of the PS4....for instance Infamous is an open world game and STILL looks a generation ahead of the small enclosed Titan Fall

Also, if you had even read the digital foundry article. You would have known that Thief on PS4 has a higher resolution and better frame rate. The fact they ended up saying the xbone was better was highly suspect. Theif on PS4 is better ACCORDING to the facts. Digital Foundries OPINION means jack squat. Youre opinions mean jack squat. Youre proven time and time again how much of a delusional xboner you are

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Shewgenja said:

Riddle me this, riddle me that..

You're Sony. Your competitor implements and launches with Always-online and Always-connected DRM.

Your competitor is already in bed with EA.

Your competitor gets preferential treatment from third party.

Your competitor is reaping massive profits from putting their hands in the second-hand market cookie jar.

Do you?

A. Stand on the sidelines while the publishers screwjob you out of the market

or

B. Implement your own DRM infrastructure and get back into the picture?

See, what you lembots have failed to see, all along, is that Microsoft was in the drivers seat all along. Sony's E3 conference wasn't just a blow to Microsoft. It was a bluff to the entire games industry. The crowd cheering the way it did set the whole damn ball in motion and you are too caught up in your console wars corporate shill mind-set to really see the forest for the trees. I feel sorry for you.

and that's the bottom line. Gamers won that day and you guys are sitting here trying to pitch barbs at Sony. It's utterly pathetic.

What!?!? Last I checked, none of those policies are on the game console. Sony was the first company to patent a DRM tool, which they would have used if everyone had embraced the policies M$ had put forth. I think M$ delivery will be a LOT different come this E3.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@2mrw: Games not 1080p on the PS4? Bf4 and KZ. MP. Games not 1080p on the X1? About half the library.

Ps. Infamous SS does have shadows , dynamic shadows at that, try watching some gameplay.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Boddicker

The bottom line is 1080p 60fps should have been easily achievable this console gen.

Both Sony and M$ failed.

/thread

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 CloudStrife213

@Boddicker said:

The bottom line is 1080p 60fps should have been easily achievable this console gen.

Both Sony and M$ failed.

/thread

Absolutely correct.

Sadly, cows can't accept that fact.

urbansys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 urbansys
Member since 2003 • 235 Posts

So PS4 fan boys new argument is, "Well Sony never promised everygame to be 1080P!).... cracks me up. Where can we find a mature gaming forums?? Gamespot has been downhill ever since the announcement of the new consoles.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By CloudStrife213

IGN comment that stands out

"The only reason this is a big deal is because Sony fanboys wouldn't shut up about how great the PS4 is because it can do 1080p no problem. Now that news breaks that it can't, and suddenly they start saying what Xbox fans have been saying all along: native resolution doesn't make or break a game. It's a big deal because of the hypocrisy, not because native resolution really matters that much."

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Suppaman100

@Shewgenja said:

Of course it doesn't look great. What do you expect from a $500 console?

Oh, wait..

OH SNAP!

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#243  Edited By 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@2mrw: Games not 1080p on the PS4? Bf4 and KZ. MP. Games not 1080p on the X1? About half the library.

Ps. Infamous SS does have shadows , dynamic shadows at that, try watching some gameplay.

This again. For the 1458 times, I don't give a damn about the X1 .... I am just a bit disappointed with the PS4 since this is the one I am planning to get.

And I watched infamous demo again and there were no shadows, go check it out.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Suppaman100

@2mrw said:

@AM-Gamer said:

This again. For the 1458 times, I don't give a damn about the X1 .... I am just a bit disappointed with the PS4 since this is the one I am planning to get.

And I watched infamous demo again and there were no shadows, go check it out.

OH NO! Not every game is 1080p/60fps and infamous has no shadows...whatever shall I do???

urbansys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By urbansys

Even better is Ryse is still the best looking game released for both consoles as of yet.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@CloudStrife213 said:

@tormentos said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

Ok lets say if Sony rules is No DRM allow for 3rd parties but MS allow. Now what will happened? 3rd parties will run and support MS and leave Sony like they did to Nintendo. Now do you think Sony will let that happened? I understand you are saying they "Consider" But they also consider a lot of stuff such the Console name, what color? how many or what types of Rams so on and so. So DRM is part of consideration do not surprise me, but Consider and Act it out are two different ball games here. MS and clearly EA planed the whole thing and back fire them but of cause EA being a dick point finger at MS right a way!

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Boddicker

@CloudStrife213 said:

@Boddicker said:

Both Sony and M$ failed.

/thread

Absolutely correct.

I consider my myself a mild cow, not a rabid cow like Heil68. I actually wanted to change to MS after being loyal to Sony for 3 gens. That was until M$ unveiled their absolute turd of machine. TV, sports, Kinect, and oh yeah it also can play games!!!!!! Pathetic.

As a mild cow I can process facts and see opinions from both sides without the tunnel vision of fanboy-ism. People are saying "console optimization" is yet to come. Some people are saying console optimization is a myth because games get more demanding with time.

Idk what to believe. All I know is the 2014 release schedule looks like complete shit and not a single game that I give a **** about has been announced.

urbansys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 urbansys

@Boddicker: A machine is pathetic because it can do more then play games? Oh yeah i hate, just hate when companies provide more features on an already good gaming system....

That is like Apple or Samsung coming out with an Iphone or Galaxy phone that was just.... well... a phone...

Its 2014.....

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@Boddicker said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

@Boddicker said:

Both Sony and M$ failed.

/thread

Absolutely correct.

I consider my myself a mild cow, not a rabid cow like Heil68. I actually wanted to change to MS after being loyal to Sony for 3 gens. That was until M$ unveiled their absolute turd of machine. TV, sports, Kinect, and oh yeah it also can play games!!!!!! Pathetic.

As a mild cow I can process facts and see opinions from both sides without the tunnel vision of fanboy-ism. People are saying "console optimization" is yet to come. Some people are saying console optimization is a myth because games get more demanding with time.

Idk what to believe. All I know is the 2014 release schedule looks like complete shit and not a single game that I give a **** about has been announced.

lol I consider myself a mild Cow as well because Playstation bought me lots of great games and memory. I had the original Xbox and a 360 but this time around MS really piss me off with the whole DRM and TV TV TV stuff!

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

XBox One 1080p native games include Need for Speed Rivals, NBA 2K14, Forza 5, Kinect Sports Rivals, Wolfenstein, Powerstar Golf, Crimson Dragon and a couple other titles I believe.

Rumors are floating that Hironobu-Sakaguchi may announce a Blue Dragon 2 or Lost Odyssey 2 exclusive for XB1 at either GDC or E3.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hironobu-Sakaguchi/35602204079

"Hironobu Sakaguchi (坂口 博信, Sakaguchi Hironobu?) ... I can't talk about Blue Dragon 2 or Lost Odyssey .. but second installments maybe in progress."