Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

Cool Debut Trailer

-------------------------------------

- Cool teaser, but no gameplay.

- I'm glad I didn't buy the first one. Another one already? Looks like DICE are going the Call of Duty route by releasing a game every year :?...

- Does anyone care? I'm KIND of interested. But barely.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
I want Battlefield 3, not this. :\
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Episode_Eve
I want Battlefield 3, not this. :\AAllxxjjnn
I would rather see a B3 even though I don't have a proper PC to run it. I have a feeling that EA are forcing DICE to put out games every year like Activision is with the COD franchise now...
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]I want Battlefield 3, not this. :\Episode_Eve
I would rather see a B3 even though I don't have a proper PC to run it. I have a feeling that EA are forcing DICE to put out games every year like Activision is with the COD franchise now...

:( That's terrible. I guess the Bad Company mutliplayer was still pretty alright...but it wasn't as good as BF2, or BF2142...
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
Too may war shooters this year. KZ2, MW2, BFBC2, Halo ODST and maybe MAG. I'll most likely pass. I agree with yall. I want to see a BF3 game. I'm sure they are working on it though. But this gen they've been focusing multiplat games and not the true Battlefield franchise.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Out of all the FPS titles that are coming out this year this is the only one I'll pick up. I love the crappy also cheesy story line of the first one.

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#7 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
BF games are great. I like how they said the destruction will be in the sequel.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#8 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
Sweet. I frickin' loved the first one. :)
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#9 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
It's hardly milkage, it's coming in 2010, the first came out in 2008. I can't wait, I'm a huge Battlefield fan and I loved Bad Company, can't wait for the sequel. I wish they'd let Dice work on BF3 though.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
I have the first Bad Company. Its a good game, but honestly its not at the level of the original series - especially Battlefield 2 in that regard. Its different, but it lacks the strong qualities that made the Battlefield series stand out. Non the less the singleplayer is also actually quite good and enjoyable. - Though yeah i'm only really going to spike interest when Battlefield 3 is announced. Bad Company 2 doesnt strike a chord much in comparison, and Battlefield 1943 is just a downgraded DLC version of the original. At least the Battlefield Heroes beta has been very surprisingly enjoyable and different.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Episode_Eve
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]I have the first Bad Company. Its a good game, but honestly its not at the level of the original series - especially Battlefield 2 in that regard. Its different, but it lacks the strong qualities that made the Battlefield series stand out. Non the less the singleplayer is also actually quite good and enjoyable. - Though yeah i'm only really going to spike interest when Battlefield 3 is announced. Bad Company 2 doesnt strike a chord much in comparison, and Battlefield 1943 is just a downgraded DLC version of the original. At least the Battlefield Heroes beta has been very surprisingly enjoyable and different.

I think the humor is a nice touch in BFBC, but really... Why put these out when they can release BF3? I guess they want to generate money while developing the real BF title :P. Not only that. What if BF3 is multiplatform :?. I hope not.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I as well would rather see B3 as with Battlefield Bad Company I enjoyed the campaign but not multiplayer.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#13 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

I'm a single player guy and really enjoyed Bad Company's campaign.

cooldude1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#14 cooldude1888
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts

I hav'nt seen the trailer yet. Its supposed to have some sort of frost bite enviroment set still with destuctable gameplay

across harsh cold landscapes. I'll go check out the trailer now. I'm probably more excited about Battlefield 1943 though.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#15 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I god! I cant wait for this game. BC is by far my favourite multiplayers game this gen....

thespywholied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 thespywholied
Member since 2008 • 3358 Posts

BF3 NOW! :evil:

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

Bad Company was awesome, good to see they making another one

bethwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 bethwo
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

I really liked Bad Company, it was a lot of fun in both singleplayer and multiplayer. Really looking forward to the sequel.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]I have the first Bad Company. Its a good game, but honestly its not at the level of the original series - especially Battlefield 2 in that regard. Its different, but it lacks the strong qualities that made the Battlefield series stand out. Non the less the singleplayer is also actually quite good and enjoyable. - Though yeah i'm only really going to spike interest when Battlefield 3 is announced. Bad Company 2 doesnt strike a chord much in comparison, and Battlefield 1943 is just a downgraded DLC version of the original. At least the Battlefield Heroes beta has been very surprisingly enjoyable and different.

I think the humor is a nice touch in BFBC, but really... Why put these out when they can release BF3? I guess they want to generate money while developing the real BF title :P. Not only that. What if BF3 is multiplatform :?. I hope not.

What's in it for them to make BF3? I'm playing devil's advocate here just for kicks. And just so you know, DICE is pretty much autonomous from EA - EA knows that DICE knows how to make money, so they pretty much do what they please. This is DICE, the makers of BF2, deciding to focus on BFBC2 instead of BF3 first. Rather than getting pissed off at them for not doing what you want, it might be more helpful if you think about why they're doing that. :D
Lief_Ericson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lief_Ericson
Member since 2005 • 7082 Posts

I loved the first one, I would just take a light tank and hunt helis because the machine gun was ultimate heli killer

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Episode_Eve
[QUOTE="Makari"][QUOTE="Episode_Eve"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]I have the first Bad Company. Its a good game, but honestly its not at the level of the original series - especially Battlefield 2 in that regard. Its different, but it lacks the strong qualities that made the Battlefield series stand out. Non the less the singleplayer is also actually quite good and enjoyable. - Though yeah i'm only really going to spike interest when Battlefield 3 is announced. Bad Company 2 doesnt strike a chord much in comparison, and Battlefield 1943 is just a downgraded DLC version of the original. At least the Battlefield Heroes beta has been very surprisingly enjoyable and different.

What's in it for them to make BF3? I'm playing devil's advocate here just for kicks. And just so you know, DICE is pretty much autonomous from EA - EA knows that DICE knows how to make money, so they pretty much do what they please. This is DICE, the makers of BF2, deciding to focus on BFBC2 instead of BF3 first. Rather than getting pissed off at them for not doing what you want, it might be more helpful if you think about why they're doing that. :D

Good thing I'm not "pissed" off. I don't even have a PC to run the game even if it came out soon. I'm just sympathizing with BF fans. I would like to see a new BF game on the PC. I think it's a fair assumption to say DICE are making some good money with the spin off for consoles while developing the super BF3.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

Thats why we have OnLive now :P

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#23 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
[QUOTE="Makari"][QUOTE="Episode_Eve"] I think the humor is a nice touch in BFBC, but really... Why put these out when they can release BF3? I guess they want to generate money while developing the real BF title :P. Not only that. What if BF3 is multiplatform :?. I hope not.Episode_Eve

Good thing I'm not "pissed" off. I don't even have a PC to run the game even if it came out soon. I'm just sympathizing with BF fans. I would like to see a new BF game on the PC. I think it's a fair assumption to say DICE are making some good money with the spin off for consoles while developing the super BF3.

It's not BF3 but BF: Heroes looks fun.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Makari
Good thing I'm not "pissed" off. I don't even have a PC to run the game even if it came out soon. I'm just sympathizing with BF fans. I would like to see a new BF game on the PC. I think it's a fair assumption to say DICE are making some good money with the spin off for consoles while developing the super BF3.Episode_Eve
Yeah, you're right, you didn't sound too pissed off. Still did dodge the question though - why do you think DICE is avoiding the BF3 question if it's such an easy one to answer? They more than anybody else in the world knows exactly how their own games are doing and what the trends are.
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#25 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts

Out of all the FPS titles that are coming out this year this is the only one I'll pick up. I love the crappy also cheesy story line of the first one.

jasonharris48
i thought it was tough to make it from start to finish. very boring, repetetive, and unrealistic. i'm not getting this one.
-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
Wasnt a fan of the first, but that trailer was cool.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
I loved the first one, can't wait for this one.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Episode_Eve
[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]Good thing I'm not "pissed" off. I don't even have a PC to run the game even if it came out soon. I'm just sympathizing with BF fans. I would like to see a new BF game on the PC. I think it's a fair assumption to say DICE are making some good money with the spin off for consoles while developing the super BF3.Makari
Yeah, you're right, you didn't sound too pissed off. Still did dodge the question though - why do you think DICE is avoiding the BF3 question if it's such an easy one to answer? They more than anybody else in the world knows exactly how their own games are doing and what the trends are.

What's in it for DICE to make BF3? Hmm... at first thought the logical answer would be for money since that's what they do for a living: provide a service for money. But I'm sure BFBC and Mirror's Edge sold well enough together to bring in profit. Also, you said that I didn't sound "too" pissed. I beg to differ :). Nothing about what I said was out of anger.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#29 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I love the trailer still according to it i can assume that there wont be planes again :?

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

DICE has aggressively hinted at Battlefield 3 being in production. The studio also seems to be run rather autonomously, judging by things like Mirror's Edge, 1943 and Heroes happening. I wouldn't be surprised if EA pushed for a sequel to Bad Company though. Why are you glad you didn't buy Bad Company? It's actually a pretty good game. Lots better than that Modern Combat garbage. Halfway there to being a proper Battlefield installment.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Episode_Eve
[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]I want Battlefield 3, not this. :\InsaneBasura

DICE has aggressively hinted at Battlefield 3 being in production. The studio also seems to be run rather autonomously, judging by things like Mirror's Edge, 1943 and Heroes happening. I wouldn't be surprised if EA pushed for a sequel to Bad Company though. Why are you glad you didn't buy Bad Company? It's actually a pretty good game. Lots better than that Modern Combat garbage. Halfway there to being a proper Battlefield installment.

Don't get me wrong BFBC is a very good game. I'm just glad I didn't buy it since a new one was announced so soon. I finally feel relieved that I can pass on the first one. A personal thing really. Especially since there are more war shooters to play until BFBC2 releases.
Avatar image for JetB1ackNewYear
JetB1ackNewYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 JetB1ackNewYear
Member since 2007 • 2931 Posts
no no and no! please why cant they just show us bf3 :( just like a trailer saying "its coming" id be the happiest person alive! and what would make me happier is seeing "pc only "haha
rorskarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rorskarch
Member since 2009 • 500 Posts
I want Battlefield 3, not this. :\AAllxxjjnn
so much truth in the first response.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Makari
[QUOTE="Makari"][QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]Good thing I'm not "pissed" off. I don't even have a PC to run the game even if it came out soon. I'm just sympathizing with BF fans. I would like to see a new BF game on the PC. I think it's a fair assumption to say DICE are making some good money with the spin off for consoles while developing the super BF3.Episode_Eve

What's in it for DICE to make BF3? Hmm... at first thought the logical answer would be for money since that's what they do for a living: provide a service for money. But I'm sure BFBC and Mirror's Edge sold well enough together to bring in profit. Also, you said that I didn't sound "too" pissed. I beg to differ :). Nothing about what I said was out of anger.

Well yeah, the money thing - we do assume that they'll instantly make tons of moneyhats, but their behavior seems to indicate a different stance than what they believe. It's more likely that we're simply wrong, and the answer is more complicated than we believe. Instead, we just sound kind of silly whining about how they aren't giving us any love!
MBP_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MBP_King
Member since 2009 • 903 Posts

I really liked the first one, but I'll probably skip this one.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#36 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Meh...... the online was fun , singleplayer was horrible. Also the engine the first game was made on is terrible. The destruction looks horrible and sometiems the graphics look down right ugly.

I would love to see a battlefield game on the Crytek Engine!

Or just give MEEEE Battlefield 3!

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#37 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Meh...... the online was fun , singleplayer was horrible. Also the engine the first game was made on is terrible. The destruction looks horrible and sometiems the graphics look down right ugly.

I would love to see a battlefield game on the Crytek Engine!

Or just give MEEEE Battlefield 3!

Bad Company wasnt as good as the pc Battlefield games, but as i said above, teh online was very fun. IMO the online for Bad Company was better then Call fo Duty 4.

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

Yeah no BF3! :x Anyway you should play Frontlines until BF3 is announced. :D