Battlefield Bad Company 2 Graphics comparison (PC Vs. Console)

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

DEMO is console and PC is BETA.

MondeEdlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MondeEdlu
Member since 2005 • 181 Posts

im pretty sure its a given pc version will look better but those are really poor screenshots (they arent even of the same shot).

its not like the devs have to do anything anyway "allow higher resolution, graphics card will do anti aliasing on its own even" probably took them a week to port the game.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
looks the same but they are down scaled images and the pc version has bloom enabled and the game looks better without it imo. but judging by these screen shots there aren't any major differences and the higher texture detail of the pc version hasn't been implemented in the beta.
andrewt1187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 andrewt1187
Member since 2003 • 1524 Posts

DICE said that the PC beta was just low/medium textures. They affirmed that the PC version on high will look much better.

Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ryan_Som
Member since 2009 • 2474 Posts

DICE said that the PC beta was just low/medium textures. They affirmed that the PC version on high will look much better.

andrewt1187

Okay, NOW these pictures make sense, haha.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

looks the same but they are down scaled images and the pc version has bloom enabled and the game looks better without it imo. but judging by these screen shots there aren't any major differences and the higher texture detail of the pc version hasn't been implemented in the beta.DJ_Headshot

b-b-bu-bubbuuut...Pc has MODS??..!!!...ohhhssssnooooOOOssss...:)

On a serious note, they look about the same. Im sure the PC version will have tons of mods, and the graphics will be the usual 5% better. "puts on pcfanboy flame shield"

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

The full game for both PC and consoles will look much better than that. The Beta on PS3 at Arica Harbor looked tons better than the Beta

redrezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 redrezo
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

demo isn't dx11.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

They don't even differ, plus DICE said that the PC version would be available for higher settings above medium for the full game. xD

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

demo isnt dx11, and ssao is off

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

They look the same, maybe some extra lighting effects on PC and higher rez. Anyways wasn't the beta limited to medium settings or something like that?

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

They look the same, maybe some extra lighting effects on PC and higher rez. Anyways wasn't the beta limited to medium settings or something like that?

glez13

The beta has an option for high settings

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

The PC Beta has only been given low resolution textures. The only thing that can be cranked up in the beta are the models.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#14 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
I'm sure the final product will declare the PC version the best looking one.
danishkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 danishkhan
Member since 2007 • 1162 Posts
Well it doesn't look better than MW2.
Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
These images are way too small to tell any differences.
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

[QUOTE="glez13"]

GTSaiyanjin2

The beta has an option for high settings

Not sure, but maybe they mean that what's high in the beta in actually medium in the final game?
arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the beta on PC didn't include the high quality textures so as not to make the file size too large. Because of this (and the obvious fact that this is a beta) we should not bother with any comparisons until the full game comes out. Another thing that bothers me about comparisons with screenshots is that you cannot show how the game is smoother on PC.

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
both look nice but im getting it for PC
xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

Pc looks better by a little like every multiplat. When hermits say superior version this is exactly what they mean...which is actually little difference graphic wise. Don't get me wrong, i have a pc.. but pc multiplats NEVER blow away the console versions.. but they do look alittle better graphically.. PS not talking about mods just graphics.

johnusabeis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 johnusabeis
Member since 2004 • 2369 Posts
i honestly cant see a difference between the two.
Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the beta on PC didn't include the high quality textures so as not to make the file size too large. Because of this (and the obvious fact that this is a beta) we should not bother with any comparisons until the full game comes out. Another thing that bothers me about comparisons with screenshots is that you cannot show how the game is smoother on PC.

arto1223
Yes, the PC beta won't look as good as the retail product. Textures in the full version will be sharper and there will be some more effects. Also, DICE have done a lot of optimizations and fixes that will make their way into the final product.
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

If you look closely you could see the PC version has better lighting, shadows and antialiasing. Also the beta has low res textures which will be replaced in the final product.

ajames_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ajames_123
Member since 2004 • 2983 Posts

I wish they had given the option to download the larger file so we could try it with higher settings. When i tried the beta i thought it looked like crap to be honest.

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

All the PC version really needs to look better than the console version (or PS3 to be more exact since that is the one I played) is AA, becouse the PS3 demo is jaggy as hell.

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 windsquid9000
Member since 2009 • 3206 Posts

Pc looks better by a little like every multiplat. When hermits say superior version this is exactly what they mean...which is actually little difference graphic wise. Don't get me wrong, i have a pc.. but pc multiplats NEVER blow away the console versions.. but they do look alittle better graphically.. PS not talking about mods just graphics.

xOMGITSJASONx
Someone needs a new PC :P @TC: Lookin' great! Might just pick this one up... Maybe... I dunno.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
Well despite pc beta is given medium res textures in the last picture for PC you can obviously see some noticeable differences from console versions
jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts

Game looks terrible on the PS3 at least so yeah the PC version is the one to get. As a matter of fact its so bad it actaully messed with my eyes a bit.

To many Jaggies! Shame that this gen of consoles didnt cut it GPU wise it really shows in wide open games like this. Im actually not buying the game after playing the demo, No Prone? On a game where cover can be destroyed are you KIDDING?

Maybe i will get the PC version god knows.

Rev3nger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Rev3nger
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts
When both retail versions come out, we'll see the real differences.
rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rzepak

Game looks terrible on the PS3 at least so yeah the PC version is the one to get. As a matter of fact its so bad it actaully messed with my eyes a bit.

To many Jaggies! Shame that this gen of consoles didnt cut it GPU wise it really shows in wide open games like this. Im actually not buying the game after playing the demo, No Prone? On a game where cover can be destroyed are you KIDDING?

Maybe i will get the PC version god knows.

jwsoul

Yeah no prone did seem kinda silly especially when playing a sniper.

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
Looks very near the same. Consoles and PC's are very much catching up with each other. Yes PC can inherently do better but even three or four years back the difference between a console game and a PC game was much more drastic. These days you can still tell that the PC version looks better, but the difference, the bridge between the versions is becoming less and less, year in year out...
windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 windsquid9000
Member since 2009 • 3206 Posts
Looks very near the same. Consoles and PC's are very much catching up with each other. Yes PC can inherently do better but even three or four years back the difference between a console game and a PC game was much more drastic. These days you can still tell that the PC version looks better, but the difference, the bridge between the versions is becoming less and less, year in year out...alextherussian
Blame the devs for giving PC gamers "enhanced" console games. The opposite should be true considering the difference in hardware becomes larger year in and year out.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#33 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
They look about the same, and i'll be getting it for the 360 or PS3.
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
Looks very near the same. Consoles and PC's are very much catching up with each other. Yes PC can inherently do better but even three or four years back the difference between a console game and a PC game was much more drastic. These days you can still tell that the PC version looks better, but the difference, the bridge between the versions is becoming less and less, year in year out...alextherussian
Thats because multiplat games are designed to cater to the weakest hardware...and that-consoles with 2005 hardware.
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Unless the PC version was enhanced in some manner; I'd expect the cross platform orientation of the game to hold it back. If all the assets and settings are the same between versions then the only real main difference you will note is resolution and quality filtering, which you are hardly going to see in these downscaled images.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#36 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

PC looks obviously better but the console version is incredible aswell. Imo its the best looking mp game on a console

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts

I compared the 360 demo to the PC Beta side by side and the difference was huge tbh. The 360 demo had so many jaggies and the frame rate was all over the place. The PC version was nice and crisp with the frame rate locked at 60fps :) but the textures need to improve.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
[QUOTE="alextherussian"]Looks very near the same. Consoles and PC's are very much catching up with each other. Yes PC can inherently do better but even three or four years back the difference between a console game and a PC game was much more drastic. These days you can still tell that the PC version looks better, but the difference, the bridge between the versions is becoming less and less, year in year out...windsquid9000
Blame the devs for giving PC gamers "enhanced" console games. The opposite should be true considering the difference in hardware becomes larger year in and year out.

But the hardware they're targeting isn't the new hotness... sure, you have to throw in some features for Radeon 5xx0 owners for marketing reasons, but the game really has to be playable on something like an 8600 GTS.
tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tirralirra
Member since 2009 • 2261 Posts

The difference isn't that much and beta's are usually a bit better quality than demo's.

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts

Those screens are misleading. The 360 version has so many jaggies and a poor frame rate. Next time you should actually play the PC version on a high end setup and then make a comparison.

tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tirralirra
Member since 2009 • 2261 Posts

[QUOTE="alextherussian"]Looks very near the same. Consoles and PC's are very much catching up with each other. Yes PC can inherently do better but even three or four years back the difference between a console game and a PC game was much more drastic. These days you can still tell that the PC version looks better, but the difference, the bridge between the versions is becoming less and less, year in year out...anshul89

Those screens are misleading. The 360 version has so many jaggies and a poor frame rate. Next time you should actually play the PC version on a high end setup and then make a comparison.

Exactly, PC vs console comparisons are a bit useless without giving specs. Looks to me like those PC pictures definitely aren't running from a 5970, and probably not better than a 8800
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AnnoyedDragon

Why is it people only recognise under-utilization when it comes to consoles?

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

holy crap the console version running on 2005 hardware holds up so well against pc version likely running on latest hardware.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AnnoyedDragon

holy crap the console version running on 2005 hardware holds up so well against pc version likely running on latest hardware.

sikanderahmed

Do I have to re-emphasize my above post?

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

[QUOTE="sikanderahmed"]

AnnoyedDragon

the point still remains...console version of BFBC2 holds up well against pc version.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AnnoyedDragon

the point still remains...console version of BFBC2 holds up well against pc version.

sikanderahmed

And my point still remains.

Cross platform games have historically been limited by the capability of the lowest common denominator, only on occasion do the developers choose; or are paid to enhance the PC version in some manner by a stake holder. This results in most cross platform games being a carbon copy across all target platforms, regardless of whether they are capable of more.

This however doesn't mean the PC version cannot still look better, as additional resolution and quality filtering can significantly improve the image quality of what is essentially identical assets. In this case the images being used are far too small to show the resolution difference, for all we know the PC version is running at 1600x1200 and the consoles 1280x720, the images don't show this.

What you and some others are doing are looking at two versions of a console limited game and declaring consoles are being nearly/just as powerful as PC, not recognising that the game was built with console limitations in mind. This is particularly hypocritical if the person making this claim is a console gamer, as they are refusing to recognise PC hardware is going underutilized in this case; while spending days arguing over whether a game is utilizing their console platform fully.

Common sense says PC hardware, even cheap PC hardware, is significantly more powerful because it is 2010 tech vs 2005. If this game doesn't look that better on PC when compared to consoles; it is evidence of under utilization, not that 2005 hardware can magically transcend 5 years of technological progress.

Arnalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Arnalion
Member since 2006 • 3316 Posts

The PC version is running with low res textures...
How much alike the different versions look depends on the developer.
Games that began the development on console usually don't look that much sharper on PC.
There are many better looking games than BBC2.

[QUOTE="sikanderahmed"]

AnnoyedDragon

And my point still remains.

Cross platform games have historically been limited by the capability of the lowest common denominator, only on occasion do the developers choose; or are paid to enhance the PC version in some manner by a stake holder. This results in most cross platform games being a carbon copy across all target platforms, regardless of whether they are capable of more.

This however doesn't mean the PC version cannot still look better, as additional resolution and quality filtering can significantly improve the image quality of what is essentially identical assets. In this case the images being used are far too small to show the resolution difference, for all we know the PC version is running at 1600x1200 and the consoles 1280x720, the images don't show this.

What you and some others are doing are looking at two versions of a console limited game and declaring consoles are being nearly/just as powerful as PC, not recognising that the game was built with console limitations in mind. This is particularly hypocritical if the person making this claim is a console gamer, as they are refusing to recognise PC hardware is going underutilized in this case; while spending days arguing over whether a game is utilizing their console platform fully.

Common sense says PC hardware, even cheap PC hardware, is significantly more powerful because it is 2010 tech vs 2005. If this game doesn't look that better on PC when compared to consoles; it is evidence of under utilization, not that 2005 hardware can magically transcend 5 years of technological progress.

Yeah you don't need expensive hardware to match the gaming consoles.

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rzepak

[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

[QUOTE="sikanderahmed"]

sikanderahmed

Yeah it holds up against the PC beta which only has medium settings with most of the high end features blocked off. I may be wrong but BC2 has dx11 support.