FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Day when Battlefield came on console, it was a day when Battlefield was ruined forever. Funny how old Battlefield games still has more features.

Battlefield 2 and 2142 > Bad Company 2 > All other Battlefield games.

Those both games had best maps, score and TEAMWORK. New Battlefield games has no community. Everyone just running around, and shooting(like Call of Duty). Worst is on console where your gameplay is so slow, aiming slow and NO TEXT CHAT. You playing like against bot. NO FUCKING COMMUNITY OR TEAM WORK. Where is A REAL RUSSIA TEAM WITH RUSSIA VOICE? WHERE IS CHINA? WHERE IS EUROPEAN UNION? WHERE IS TERRORIST TEAM? ALL GONE AND DOWNGRADED.

Battlefield 2 already had rank system, stats, weapon unlock, big maps, statistic and stuff like that. Battlefield 2142 already had knife kill mode that Call of Duty stole. Battlefield 2142 already had future shooting big robots before Titanfall stole this idea. Yes commander mode was already in Battlefield 2 before it came in Battlefield 4.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

ok,blog it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

...shut up

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX

@lostrib said:

...shut up

no you shut up

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lostrib

@MonsieurX said:

@lostrib said:

...shut up

no you shut up

no you are!

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

ok,blog it.

@lostrib said:

...shut up

Do you guys ever contribute?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lostrib

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@MonsieurX said:

ok,blog it.

@lostrib said:

...shut up

Do you?

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@MonsieurX said:

ok,blog it.

@lostrib said:

...shut up

Do you?

Just kidding man, you're alright. I was merely referencing endless Sniper clones :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

I am enjoying BF 3 despite the hackers.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#10 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

This thread went to shit awfully quick.

Lostrib should make a contribution once in a while.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@lostrib said:

...shut up

Contribute moar.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

BF2 is not a good multiplayer shooter in the slightest. Only rose tinted nostalgia glasses are the only thing that keeps people thinking it's good.

The game has some of the absolute worst hit detection known in a major FPS. The cone-of-fire on every single gun is massive and unpredictable making the gunplay feel disconnected and random. This doesn't matter because the ability to restock grenades means every fight devolves into no less than 5-10 grenades being thrown at each other. That is if the players are even fighting on the ground. The helicoptors and jets have absolutely no balance and no rival. The infantry lacked handheld AA weaponry for deterrence. The jets were so fast they could fly from one end of the map to the other to reload instantly and be back all within 30 seconds. The ground AA emplacements took 3 missiles to take down a jet despite only having 2 before having to wait for a sizeable reload. Jets still have AA counters and can outfly the missiles making any AA from the ground completely useless. Most matches devolved into one or two players scoring well over 100 kills without dying once while decimating the other faction, forcing the enemy jets to stay on the ground as it was easy to bomb them, and destroying every single vehicle in the game before the vehicles had any chance to play into it.

Battlefield 2 is one of the most broken and unbalanced shooters of all time. DICE did **** all for balance or core coding changes to fix up the absolutely atrocious hit detection and cone of fire. The entire game engine they used was a piece of junk. There is a reason they ditched it to go to Frostbite, and even that took them until the major patch this year to fix Frostbite up to any sort of acceptable state for real FPSing.

BF 2142 on the other hand addressed most of these issues, especially about the aircraft. Nade spam wasn't nearly the problem and the hit detection/cone-of-fire on the weapons was a bit less of a problem but was still there.

So no. BF2 is not a good Battlefield game. It was the first major game that wasn't a WWII game. It was the first shooter to introduce the idea of persistent leveling and unlocks. It had full stat tracking in-game. It has the neat squad mechanics that everybody gushed over. All of these things didn't matter once players learned that grenades and jets ruled the day. 24/7 Karkand infantry only dominated the server list because players just wanted to pad their stats with easy grenade kills or 24/7 Dragon Valley or Gulf of Ohman dominated for jet pilots to maintain ridiculously padded K/D ratios. The game was a competitive player's nightmare and a casual players hell.

Every BF game since has been an improvement in those areas, including even the Bad Company series and broken BF4 at launch. That's how much I despise the love for BF2. It's the most frustrating multiplayer shooter ever released DICE abandoned it soon after for DLCs and a new game (2142).

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FreedomFreeLife

@Wasdie said:

BF2 is not a good multiplayer shooter in the slightest. Only rose tinted nostalgia glasses are the only thing that keeps people thinking it's good.

The game has some of the absolute worst hit detection known in a major FPS. The cone-of-fire on every single gun is massive and unpredictable making the gunplay feel disconnected and random. This doesn't matter because the ability to restock grenades means every fight devolves into no less than 5-10 grenades being thrown at each other. That is if the players are even fighting on the ground. The helicoptors and jets have absolutely no balance and no rival. The infantry lacked handheld AA weaponry for deterrence. The jets were so fast they could fly from one end of the map to the other to reload instantly and be back all within 30 seconds. The ground AA emplacements took 3 missiles to take down a jet despite only having 2 before having to wait for a sizeable reload. Jets still have AA counters and can outfly the missiles making any AA from the ground completely useless. Most matches devolved into one or two players scoring well over 100 kills without dying once while decimating the other faction, forcing the enemy jets to stay on the ground as it was easy to bomb them, and destroying every single vehicle in the game before the vehicles had any chance to play into it.

Battlefield 2 is one of the most broken and unbalanced shooters of all time. DICE did **** all for balance or core coding changes to fix up the absolutely atrocious hit detection and cone of fire. The entire game engine they used was a piece of junk. There is a reason they ditched it to go to Frostbite, and even that took them until the major patch this year to fix Frostbite up to any sort of acceptable state for real FPSing.

BF 2142 on the other hand addressed most of these issues, especially about the aircraft. Nade spam wasn't nearly the problem and the hit detection/cone-of-fire on the weapons was a bit less of a problem but was still there.

So no. BF2 is not a good Battlefield game. It was the first major game that wasn't a WWII game. It was the first shooter to introduce the idea of persistent leveling and unlocks. It had full stat tracking in-game. It has the neat squad mechanics that everybody gushed over. All of these things didn't matter once players learned that grenades and jets ruled the day. 24/7 Karkand infantry only dominated the server list because players just wanted to pad their stats with easy grenade kills or 24/7 Dragon Valley or Gulf of Ohman dominated for jet pilots to maintain ridiculously padded K/D ratios. The game was a competitive player's nightmare and a casual players hell.

Every BF game since has been an improvement in those areas, including even the Bad Company series and broken BF4 at launch. That's how much I despise the love for BF2. It's the most frustrating multiplayer shooter ever released DICE abandoned it soon after for DLCs and a new game (2142).

Jets, helicopters and ground play is all very well balanaced. Yes. with 30 secound, fast speed. I loved fast speed, it was realistic and hardcore. Now BF3 and BF4 jets are totally weak, pointless and SLOW. What is jets point now? Remove jets and game is 100% same(BF3 and BF4). I always handle those pro jets players. You need to take jet and counter him. Unbalanced? Well if you not playing as team. I played a lot commander mode and won most games. Commander needs to watch on map and give orders where to go. This is why squads exist in BF2. Yeah, nade spam was the only bad thing but it was only in 1 map and mostly first 5 min.

The BF3 and BF4 problem is that maps are too small, jets and helicopters makes no damage and gameplay is like call of duty. I mean you just aim and you hit all your bullets. In BF2 it was all about team work. This is why my squad always had 2 medic and 1 support with me. When enemy started shooting us, we took cover. Game had also most classes and different classes but in BF3 and BF4 has no differences beetween classes and factions. Even maps are like tight and small.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Jets, helicopters and ground play is all very well balanaced. Yes. with 30 secound, fast speed. I loved fast speed, it was realistic and hardcore. Now BF3 and BF4 jets are totally weak, pointless and SLOW. What is jets point now? Remove jets and game is 100% same(BF3 and BF4). I always handle those pro jets players. You need to take jet and counter him. Unbalanced? Well if you not playing as team. I played a lot commander mode and won most games. Commander needs to watch on map and give orders where to go. This is why squads exist in BF2. Yeah, nade spam was the only bad thing but it was only in 1 map and mostly first 5 min.

The BF3 and BF4 problem is that maps are too small, jets and helicopters makes no damage and gameplay is like call of duty. I mean you just aim and you hit all your bullets. In BF2 it was all about team work. This is why my squad always had 2 medic and 1 support with me. When enemy started shooting us, we took cover. Game had also most classes and different classes but in BF3 and BF4 has no differences beetween classes and factions. Even maps are like tight and small.

"Realistic and hardcore"

Stop. Just fucking stop.

A jet taking off from a carrier parked less than a mile off of shore, while hitting the burners and flying to max speed instantly, able to dive bomb with absolutely no consequences, g-force effects, or physics in the slightest (what is gravity and air resistance?), and then able to reload magically from the air is not realistic in the slightest. The jets and helis are the most unrealistic aspects of Battlefield 2 and easily the most broken and overpowered shit ever in a first person shooter. Only people who defend them are the people who used them to dominate the Battlefield and pad their K/D ratio.

Go educate yourself before you speak. Your entire opinion is irrelevant if you think the jets are realistic and hardcore and balanced in any way at all.

Loading Video...

This is what jets are realistically like. This guy is dodging 6 SAM missiles the size of telephone poles fired at him from 100+ miles away. He doesn't even see what he is avoiding. You can hear his breathing as he's using techniques to keep him from blacking out.

BF2 jets are nothing but overpowered K/D padding machines that are the most unrealistic aspect of that entire game. Players being revived back from death is more realistic than the jets.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@Wasdie said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

"Realistic and hardcore"

Stop. Just fucking stop.

A jet taking off from a carrier parked less than a mile off of shore, while hitting the burners and flying to max speed instantly, able to dive bomb with absolutely no consequences, g-force effects, or physics in the slightest (what is gravity and air resistance?), and then able to reload magically from the air is not realistic in the slightest. The jets and helis are the most unrealistic aspects of Battlefield 2 and easily the most broken and overpowered shit ever in a first person shooter. Only people who defend them are the people who used them to dominate the battlefield and pad their K/D ratio.

Go educate yourself before you speak. Your entire opinion is irrelevant if you think the jets are realistic and hardcore and balanced in any way at all.

Overpowered? Nope!!! If you know how to play BF2 then those are clearly not Overpowered. Like i said, i anti-counter jets easily. This is the point. Jets needs to be fast, speed and powerful. This is why Wake Island was so good. Yes, i could dominate with jets too but i was easy to counter yets. Just because you fail to destory enemy jet does not make this overpowered. I can easily say that all Dota 2 heroes are overpowered if you know how to play but nope. Every dota 2 hero is easy to count. Same thing with Battlefield 2.

Like i say, only noobs say word "overpowered". Nothing was overpowered.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

boo

1942 is where it's at. Desert Combat anyone?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Overpowered? Nope!!! If you know how to play BF2 then those are clearly not Overpowered. Like i said, i anti-counter jets easily. This is the point. Jets needs to be fast, speed and powerful. This is why Wake Island was so good. Yes, i could dominate with jets too but i was easy to counter yets. Just because you fail to destory enemy jet does not make this overpowered. I can easily say that all Dota 2 heroes are overpowered if you know how to play but nope. Every dota 2 hero is easy to count. Same thing with Battlefield 2.

Like i say, only noobs say word "overpowered". Nothing was overpowered.

You are only proving that you are one of the kids that used the jets to pad their K/D ratio and do anything you can to justify using such a broken mechanic. There is a reason that the jets in every game since have not been a fraction of as powerful.

It's common knowledge that the jets in BF2 are broken and unbalanced. Sorry you're to blind and ignorant to see that. That doesn't change facts.

You physically just said they are "realistic and hardcore" which proves without a shadow of a doubt you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Why should anybody ever take your opinion seriously. Those are just arguments made by the jet pilots who couldn't do anything but pad their K/D with the jets. They are the only ones in the history of gaming that actually believed the jets in BF2 were anything close to realistic all as an argument to try to justify how "hardcore" they were for "mastering" such "realistic" jets.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

Wasdie, i found similar post where player says that jets are overpowered, and let me show you what real Battlefield 2 players answered:

Jets aren't overpowered, the anti air weapons are underpowered against them.

AA missiles need a longer lockon range against them.

You dont know how to shoot them down that is why!!!

HAHAHAHAHA jets are soooooo underpowerd.I use them a lot but the 30mm gun on them is so weak against infantry which is very very sad.

The whole thing with the jets is you kill the enemy jets and then you have air superiority for your team so that they can have an advantage. Sometimes you get a really good pilot who dominates the skies but you cant blame game imbalances on that. In real life you knock out the enemies aircraft and then bomb them freely.

A jet is used to support the ground troops, taking out the armor.

As long as there is no enemy jet to take you down you are king of the sky.

Insted of crying about it, do something about it with AA or jump in a jet and sort it out ffs.

The crying baby's here only want to see a one shot kill against jets, choppers and tanks....work together and you can kill any vehicle.

Battlefield 2 was always about teamwork. Jets were more like underpowered than overpowered.

Please, use skills, then let´s talk. Battlefield 2 gamers 95% says you wrong and you just don´t know how to play.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lostrib

It wouldn't surprise me if FFL never played the battlefield games

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Wasdie, i found similar post where player says that jets are overpowered, and let me show you what real Battlefield 2 players answered:

Jets aren't overpowered, the anti air weapons are underpowered against them.

AA missiles need a longer lockon range against them.

You dont know how to shoot them down that is why!!!

HAHAHAHAHA jets are soooooo underpowerd.I use them a lot but the 30mm gun on them is so weak against infantry which is very very sad.

The whole thing with the jets is you kill the enemy jets and then you have air superiority for your team so that they can have an advantage. Sometimes you get a really good pilot who dominates the skies but you cant blame game imbalances on that. In real life you knock out the enemies aircraft and then bomb them freely.

A jet is used to support the ground troops, taking out the armor.

As long as there is no enemy jet to take you down you are king of the sky.

Insted of crying about it, do something about it with AA or jump in a jet and sort it out ffs.

The crying baby's here only want to see a one shot kill against jets, choppers and tanks....work together and you can kill any vehicle.

Battlefield 2 was always about teamwork. Jets were more like underpowered than overpowered.

Please, use skills, then let´s talk. Battlefield 2 gamers 95% says you wrong and you just don´t know how to play.

These things are the exact same things you are saying. You're compensating for a broken as shit mechanic by pushing the "balance" to other mechanics that don't work.

I feel you didn't play much at all if you don't remember how easy it was to deny the enemy team their aircraft and AA with a single jet. You clearly didn't play because 1 player could dominate a team of 32 even if they were working together because of how broken the jets were.

As I said the AA emplacements took 3 missiles to kill a jet but only had 2 missiles to fire at a time. They were few and far between and spread out across the map so that they couldn't engage the same jet at the same time. So multiple emplacements couldn't work together. Jets had counters to missiles fired at them and could drop a single bomb from max alt and destroy an emplacement before the emplacement could even lock on. If they locked on and fired, the jet could outrun the missile and pop flares, quickly turn around, and drop a single bomb and destroy it. This is assuming that the enemy team actually has control of these points.

Your basic pilot would fly to the enemy base, drop a bomb to destroy the enemy jet on the ground, then proceeded to do an easy circle pattern around the map, bombing everything enemy and reloading their weapons. Since planes would take awhile to respawn, they would have some time to fly back to rearm then bomb the planes again before they could take off. This didn't take skill, this was just how you played a jet. There was 0 skill involved.

These quotes from the forums are absolutely useless. Jet pilots constantly defended their broken toys and still do. There is a reason DICE stopped listening to them for previous games. They broke BF2 so badly to the core the game was unsalvageable.

Given how you are speaking I highly doubt you played much BF2 if any at all. You have no idea of the context of how broken those mechanics were and have to resort to jet pilots on the forums. That's not proof anything but your own ignorance. A handful of quotes from the official forums is in by no way an representation of the whole of Battlefield 2's player base.

There was 0 skill required with the jets. They practically flew themselves and had no counters except for another jet which was easy to suppress by bombing the enemy airfield. You either didn't play the game or you just used jets. Your opinions are irrelevant. This is just another one of those "old PC exclusives are better than new mutliplat" bullshit fanboy posts.

History is not on your side here. Games purposly avoid what happened with BF2. Even BF 2142 reworked how aircraft worked just because the jets were so broken in BF2. DICE's own followup proves you wrong. Some jet users on the forum defending their broken toys is proof that you either never played the game or solely used a jet. That's it.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FreedomFreeLife

NOOBS only says Jets are unbalanced and overpowered. FACT.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@davillain-: dude is trolling every bf has been better than the last and the console argument irrelevant. You can only truly experience a BF game unless on a PC since consoles have limitations. The BF3 console port, everything including the size of the maps were scaled down by a shit ton. BF3 maps were a cluster **** and that is when the series started to turn into COD with the addition of that Close Quarters crap.

The problem with BF4 is that it was a beta sold at retail price. Nothing more needs to be said. Criticzing a game that is not even finished is a waste of time. I don't know if they fixed the netcode or bugs yet, but the only real comment you can make about BF4 is that it had potential and that the game favors infantry combat over aerial.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MonsieurX

@FreedomFreeLife said:

How is it a fact exactly?

Your crappy opinion =\= fact

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lostrib

@FreedomFreeLife said:

you sound like a noob

You probably didn't even play BF2

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

He sounds like everybody who ever habitually used a jet in BF2. They are so ignorant DICE basically shut down all lines of communication with them because they do nothing but ruin game balance for their own K/D ratios.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FreedomFreeLife

@Wasdie said:

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

He sounds like everybody who ever habitually used a jet in BF2. They are so ignorant DICE basically shut down all lines of communication with them because they do nothing but ruin game balance for their own K/D ratios.

Say that in Battlefield 2 community forum and everyone will laugh you off.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wasdie  Moderator

@FreedomFreeLife said:

You realize the only people playing BF2 anymore are the jet whores as they can't play the more modern versions because the jets aren't insanely OP? The rest of the community has moved on while the people still playing BF2 are the same grenade spamming jet whores that dominated the game back when it was still relevant.

You're not making your point any better here.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FreedomFreeLife

@Wasdie said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

You realize the only people playing BF2 anymore are the jet whores as they can't play the more modern versions because the jets aren't insanely OP? The rest of the community has moved on while the people still playing BF2 are the same grenade spamming jet whores that dominated the game back when it was still relevant.

You're not making your point any better here.

Nope because i played many ground solider games and i always counter jets. I never had problem with jets. You only can´t counter jets because you don´t understand how to count jet.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Don't always agree OP.

But you're right BF2 was BY FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR the best battlefield game, and one of the best fps games ever.

Sure it had some flaws, but the pros outweight the cons by a looooooooot.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Freedomfreelife putting people in their place. You go bro

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

My favorite will always be 1942. I hate the new Battlefield games, I feel like I am playing COD. Battlefield 3 should have been called Bad Company 3.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

I disagree, Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam were far better than anything that came after.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

How dare you ignore Bad Company 2.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Battlefield 2 had the scale right but like what Wasdie said the gunplay was weird and majority of the time you could only kill someone while being prone. I suppose you could say that's more realistic but it is kinda frustrating for someone that has just started playing. I will admit I did have playing the game and I do miss the scale however I'll play Bad Company 2 for the tight gunplay and Battlefield 1943 for the more nostalgic re-done of 1942.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

bad company 2>>>everything, yes even jessica alba

maxconrad2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By maxconrad2009
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

Beautiful description. I was zatoichi_sword, a hardcore BF2 warrior. Ridiculous hours spent just as a sniper. I turned entire battles as an in-your-face tanker and regularly had 25+ kills as an invisible sniper. I recently bought a new PC rig and tried BF4. Not even close to the immersion level of BF2. The ultimate insult? ALTITUDE LIMITS ON THE CHOPPERS! WTF?! You're asitting duck! An engineer in BF4 can kill at 200 yards with a single bullet and you're fighting in a fishbowl. I blasted a tank with 4 tow missiles before it exploded. As for the BF2 beef with grenades and claymores, well, war ain't fair and the pure fvucking rush of holding off an army with well placed and resupplied grenades is worth 100 deaths the same way. I had a John Basilone experience in BF2142 that sent my adrenaline levels to 11. Battlefield 2 was total immersion in its digital world, tactics, stealth, teamwork and, above all, BIG MAPS where you could do a flanking maneuver and turn a battle with daring and luck. Sometimes older is just better. Show me an American car built today that is as cool as a '57 Chevy. The new Mustang comes close, but naah!

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3077 Posts

I loved 1943, and they just put that thing out to die. Silly

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#40  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I loved both so much more than everything else. That can't be a coincidence.

Do you even have friendly fire in the last few BattleFields? I can't remember. Are there still people playing 2142?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34660 Posts

This thread is over 3.5 years old, and still no Battlefield has even come close to the greatness of these two games. RIP Battlefield. It was fun while you weren't dumbed down for casuals and their consoles.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Oh gawd another "back in my day games were better derp derp derperty derp" thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Couldn't agree more.

Battlefield 2 was the pinnacle of Battlefield.

Battlefield 2142 managed to make a faster paced version with an excellent conquest mode ...

Then came the consolisation.

BF2142 should of had a sequal... but I fear even if they did now ,it would be dumbed down "No commander, cannot control the titan"

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#44 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24953 Posts

@Litchie said:

This thread is over 3.5 years old, and still no Battlefield has even come close to the greatness of these two games. RIP Battlefield. It was fun while you weren't dumbed down for casuals and their consoles.

Team fortress 2 and CS were better MP games.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Those were good too. But they weren't good Battlefield games.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#46  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24953 Posts

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

I never liked battlefield. i prefer close quarter combat when it comes to MP. not some large scale vehicle based.

thats why i think TF2 and CS were better.

and if it comes to this gen. I think R6 Siege is better than any battlefield.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Dunno never liked battlefield 2.

The first battlefield was great, as it was something entirely new that wasn't seen before. A real battlefield with planes / ships / cars etc. It was great.

After that it just became more of the same.

Bad company 2 in my opinion was after that the best battlefield out there, physx where great, destruction was amazing. and the game play in general was really fun. Vietnam expansion was icing on the cake, really good game in general. It still has a active community till this day of age.

Battlefield 3 had many issue's. The biggest was air. Enemy had as much as a good jet or heli, it was over. They would level the playground. There was no way to get them down as anti air weapons where horrible. Destruction was a step back and the maps in general where just sniper festivals. The more closed area's where better, but still it lacked the destruction of bad company 2 and just felt like a shallow version in general because of that.

Battlefield 4, was just more of 3, could have been a map pack update really. Air became even more overpowered, destruction also wasn't much interesting. just meh entirely.

Battlefield 1, i think it's the best one they made to this date after bad company and first one. Destruction seems to be far better then 3 and 4 not yet on par with bad company 2. visuals look great and not as wonky as 3 and 4 with flickering textures everywhere. Optimized better, loads great. Air got nerfed so it's actually counterable on a decent level and less fast paced. fightning department feels more like bad company then 3 and 4 which is also a nice thing. I like the unlockable solution so you can buy instead of having to level.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

I never liked battlefield. i prefer close quarter combat when it comes to MP. not some large scale vehicle based.

CS was great in 1.6, when you had mods and all that for it. Now it's just a shallow version of what it was. Everything that made it so great has been long gone. I booted GO up a few times and i just left disappointing.

Everything these days jsut feel like shallow console games tho. I wish we would get a new PC shooter again and actually move forwards with loads of destruction and physx what made bad company 2 so good.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

OK, but they are vastly different games dude. It's kinda weird to compare them. You not liking Battlefield, because the maps are bigger and you prefer smaller maps in your competitive MP shooters, doesn't mean anything. BF2 and 2142 were amazing games that did what they tried to do wonderfully.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56206 Posts

For a minute there, I thought FreedomFreeLife was back in town. I admit, it almost had me going.