• 65 results
Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll battery or non battery controller? (66 votes)

Xbox One controller( battery) 29%
PS4 controller (no battery) 71%

Do you rather use Xbox One controller with battery that runs out and you have to go shop/store and buy new battery to use controller, or you use PS4 controller and never have to worry about battery running out or going into shop and buy battery?

I like PS4 controller more. No need battery and playing games forever without worrying that battery runs out and have to go shop and buy news.

• 
Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#51 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I have rechargeable battery packs for both of my xbox one controllers and a cable to charge them. The batteries last about 20 hours before they need a charge. I got the whole package for less than 20 dollars

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 br0kenrabbit  Online
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

I've always thought that rechargeable batteries like nicaids and lithium-ion batteries should come in standard forms. What's going to happen in 20 years if I want to pull my PSP out and play it (it won't run with the AC adapter without a functional battery for some batshit insane reason)?

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I love using wired controllers. I never have to worry about changing batteries on my PS3. I just leave it always plugged in via USB all the time. Need a longer cord? You can buy a USB extension cord at the dollar store. I play close to my TV so the normal cord length is fine for me.

I hate having to use batteries for my wii and 360. The batteries always died out too quick and it would always cut out half way through my games and I would have to search my house and pray I had extra batteries somewhere.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#54  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@blackace said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Yes. I can´t see why anyone would prefer batteries. It´s like people want to buy every week new batteries so they can use phone while i use phone and rechargable.

Stupid people

You wouldn't have to buy batteries every week. You can easily go to Fry's Electronics or Toys R Us and buy a bulk of batteries for cheap. Like 60 batteries for $10-$12 and they would last you for many months. Your play sessions would be less interrupted as the batteries last a lot longer then the lithium batteries. I still rather use battery packs though as even they last longer then lithium batteries.

Even like that ... its extra costs.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#55 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1583 Posts

PS has always had the better controller, well, for me it has been anyway. Recharge is awesome too as i don't have to buy batteries which are so old school now. My recharge cable is extended so i can always have the cable close to me and still play while recharging from a greater distance

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#56 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

PS4, it's rechargable and easy to use

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

Batteries for me. I bought 2 pairs of rechargeable batteries + a recharger in late 2005 for my 360 and they still work flawlessly.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Internal.

Nothing worse that going back in time to the old external AA battery days. I enjoy my Cellphone's internal batteries, My laptops, tablets, Nintendo's handhelds DS and 3DS and current machine the Wii U are internal. The PS3, Vita, and PS4 are internal. The gaming console industry has gone internal save for one company M$ and their Xbone. I get it, it saves M$ tons of money not having to deal with a more expensive internal batteries for every controller and they can turn around and sell overpriced 'play and charge kits' to millions of consumers. Lot's of revenue...It just sucks as I had some bad experiences with battery packs during intense GeoW matches and Halo matches. I have an Xbone, but it's certainly one drawback for me since I dealt with this AA Battery problem during the 360 lifecycle.

My reason is when I'm in an intense online match and then my controller dies, I hate having to track down batteries in the kitchen or tracking down a battery pack. I can't pause it, my character is standing there getting shot online, and I'm looking for batteries. I can't believe I have to go another generation with AA battery controllers. With internal, you just have to plug in the cord to the controller and you can still save your online character from being shot or if you are like me you have two or more controllers and you swap the controller. Internal is just so much more convenient (but it costs companies more so I understand M$'s reluctance to add to the costs of the Xbone). I have really nice AA rechargables, but whatevs, that's my preference to enjoy internal when offered.

I know all the pros and cons, the pluses and minuses as I've had this conversation in SW over 100+ times since 2005 when I bought my two launch Xbox 360s. Eh.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

It was one of the reasons I went for PS4 over a X1. Admittedly a smaller reason than the main ones but I prefer the rechargeable ones.

Having to buy outside batteries constantly is annoying. I keep my charging wire close, i'll plug into whatever happens to be closest, my laptop, my plug, and it's nothing. But the idea of having to change them and pay for the privilege. Nah.

As for "interruptions". Whats a bigger interruption, plugging the pad into a socket or taking the back off to change batteries?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

i us AA batteries , i prefer it, firstly i don't have to worry about replacing a battery pack when it loses charge, which it will, they all do eventually, i only pay a quid for 12 batteries which means i only spend about 3 quid a month on batteries and thirdly, most important for me, the controller is a lot lighter with 2 AA batteries than it is with any battery pack, and last but not least most decent AA batteries last Way longer on a single charge than both the Ps4 or Xbone battery packs.

Also, i don't have to wait for my controller to partially charge before i can use it.

It's all down to personal preference, both have there merits, both have there disadvantages but both are as effective as each other, both get the Jopb done in the end which is powering your controller.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

How so? there are still just as many products that still use batteries as there are products that use Internal batteries, internal batteries are only really a necessity for portable devices and even then some of them still use AA or AAA batteries , you all act as if the Xbone is the only product that still uses batteries,lol.

To say using batteries is obsolete is a completely asanine statement with no merit whatsoever purely because of the amount of products , particularly kids toys, that still use them.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I still voted x1 controller because I prefer that controller, but I do agree non battery is more convenient

ddlcpc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ddlcpc
Member since 2007 • 887 Posts

8 hrs battery is really short.... not sure how long they play games 10-12 or 24 hrs straight..

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

I have a rechargeable battery in the X1 controller.

Personal I prefer being able to swap out recharge battery pacts after a year or two for $10 vs buying a new controller for $60 once it no longer holds a good charge after a year or two.