Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Decrate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Decrate
Member since 2004 • 1731 Posts

BC2http://www.gametrailers.com/video/battlefield-moments-battlefield-bad/57022

MW2http://www.gametrailers.com/video/flag-runner-modern-warfare/55321

just my opinion after watching both these videos. at first i was leaning towards MW2 like everyone else, but battlefield looks to have made a comeback from its previous games. i could always change my mind later though lol

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30573 Posts

I havent played any of those games but ill most likelly agree since Bad Company 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Modern Warfare 1 any time imo

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
I keep switching between these, one day MW2 is better, the next BC2 is better. BC2 is impressive though.
nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

90 seconds of average gameplay drives sw crazy. It is like you guys wanat Bad Company to be this AAAA super title. I love how 8.0 its graphics are though. It gives me lols that people are hyping those graphics up.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PAL360

90 seconds of average gameplay drives sw crazy. It is like you guys wanat Bad Company to be this AAAA super title.

nhh18

Im expecting it to be AAA :o:P

The first one was 8.5 with (imo) a crap singleplayer.

Decrate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Decrate

that multiplayer footage is looking sweet. the graphics look on par or better than MW2

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nhh18

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

90 seconds of average gameplay drives sw crazy. It is like you guys wanat Bad Company to be this AAAA super title.

PAL360

It is hilarious how I see that footage that looks worse than mw2 footage is hyped up to be the killzone 2/mw2 killer. It is hilarious that 3 topics about the graphics (WHICH DON'T even look that great) spark so much. I mean graw 2 looks better graphically.

Treal_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Treal_basic
Member since 2002 • 561 Posts

the more i see of BC2, the more impressed i get. Definitely need to look into this game more. Thanks for the video links.

Avatar image for HR_Puff-N-Stuff
HR_Puff-N-Stuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HR_Puff-N-Stuff
Member since 2009 • 96 Posts

BC2http://www.gametrailers.com/video/battlefield-moments-battlefield-bad/57022

MW2http://www.gametrailers.com/video/flag-runner-modern-warfare/55321

just my opinion after watching both these videos. at first i was leaning towards MW2 like everyone else, but battlefield looks to have made a comeback from its previous games. i could always change my mind later though lol

Decrate

I must say BC2 looks freaking sweet

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PAL360

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

nhh18

It is hilarious how I see that footage that looks worse than mw2 footage is hyped up to be the killzone 2/mw2 killer. It is hilarious that 3 topics about the graphics (WHICH DON'T even look that great) spark so much. I mean graw 2 looks better graphically.

Its hilarious how ppl think they can have opinions....oh wait! Maybe BC1 wasnt that bad!! Im hyping this game since it was announced and its actually very good that this game is finally getting some hype. But dont worry, MW2 will still sell 10 times more...:?

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

nhh18

Nice proof there. Seriously, well done. Those pics you provided make your statements irrefutable.
nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nhh18

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

PAL360

Its hilarious how ppl think they can have opinions....oh wait! Maybe BC1 wasnt that bad!! Im hyping this game since it was announced and its actually very good that this game is finally getting some hype. But dont worry, MW2 will still sell 10 times more...:?

Nah. I'm talking about graphics. And it looks like it is even closer resemblance to cod4 here than BF games ever were.

Ziek-AAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ziek-AAT
Member since 2008 • 717 Posts

I'll be getting both.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Verge_6

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="nhh18"]It is hilarious how I see that footage that looks worse than mw2 footage is hyped up to be the killzone 2/mw2 killer. It is hilarious that 3 topics about the graphics (WHICH DON'T even look that great) spark so much. I mean graw 2 looks better graphically.

nhh18

Nah. I'm talking about graphics. And it looks like it is even closer resemblance to cod4 here than BF games ever were.

Whoa, when'd graphics becme the end-all-be-all of a game? Musta been when I was sleeping. Oh, SW, you're so very silly...
Decrate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Decrate

i'm all for it looking more like modern warfare since that game was awesome. now add some tanks you can drive and huge environments and i think you have a formula for success.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PAL360

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="nhh18"]It is hilarious how I see that footage that looks worse than mw2 footage is hyped up to be the killzone 2/mw2 killer. It is hilarious that 3 topics about the graphics (WHICH DON'T even look that great) spark so much. I mean graw 2 looks better graphically.

nhh18

Well, if you add to those "CoD4 graphics" sand box mp maps, destructive environments, more players online, vehicles, etc, you have BC2. It means its tecnically superior, right?

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nhh18

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

Verge_6

Nice proof there. Seriously, well done. Those pics you provided make your statements irrefutable.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-explosions-graw-2/17444

lol

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="nhh18"]It is hilarious how I see that footage that looks worse than mw2 footage is hyped up to be the killzone 2/mw2 killer. It is hilarious that 3 topics about the graphics (WHICH DON'T even look that great) spark so much. I mean graw 2 looks better graphically.

nhh18

lol

A bunch of outdated, pre-mapped effects in a single-player campaign with significantly less activity and lightmapping than the shown BC2 multiplayer vid. Congratz. :)

Also...teh uber graphix!!1

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts
It does look kinda better for me :P. MW2 will be amazing too.
nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nhh18

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

PAL360

Well, if you add to those "CoD4 graphics" sand box mp maps, destructive environments, more players online, vehicles, etc, you have BC2. It means its tecnically superior, right?

Superior? The game looks ugly visually worse in screen-cap (not talking about bullshots) than cod4. Because it has vehicles, and destructible enviroments. doesn't mean it should have worse geometry, and terrible textures. It is like I need to point out that most of you want the underdog to win. But in this case, BFBC 2 doesn't come close to the visual flair as a game like uncharted 2, killzone 2, Modern warfare 2, or even gears of war 2.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/creek-gameplay-call-of-duty/32595

here is cod4 mp graphics for god sake. You could say wow awesome gameplay but please don't go on about the graphics.

Decrate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Decrate

[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="nhh18"]It is hilarious how I see that footage that looks worse than mw2 footage is hyped up to be the killzone 2/mw2 killer. It is hilarious that 3 topics about the graphics (WHICH DON'T even look that great) spark so much. I mean graw 2 looks better graphically.

nhh18

lol

i played graw and it was good but the graphics aren't better than BC2 or MW2.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nhh18

you guys are insane. These are direct screencaps too.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Verge_6

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="nhh18"]Nah. I'm talking about graphics. And it looks like it is even closer resemblance to cod4 here than BF games ever were.

nhh18

Superior? The game looks ugly visually worse in screen-cap (not talking about bullshots) than cod4. Because it has vehicles, and destructible enviroments. doesn't mean it should have worse geometry, and terrible textures. It is like I need to point out that most of you want the underdog to win. But in this case, BFBC 2 doesn't come close to the visual flair as a game like uncharted 2, killzone 2, Modern warfare 2, or even gears of war 2.

here is cod4 mp graphics for god sake. You could say wow awesome gameplay but please don't go on about the graphics.

How about actually posting some screencap comparisons instead pf spewing the same thing and posting trailers over and over? Here, let me show you how; CoD4 multiplayer;  BC2 Multiplayer;
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Verge_6
you guys are insane. These are direct screencaps too.nhh18
That you took from a streaming webplayer...smooth. You sure WE'RE the ones who are insane?
nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nhh18

[QUOTE="nhh18"]you guys are insane. These are direct screencaps too.Verge_6
That you took from a streaming webplayer...smooth. You sure WE'RE the ones who are insane?

you guys are taking bullshots :D. Where are you seeing the multiplayer from. This is actually hilarious.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="nhh18"]you guys are insane. These are direct screencaps too.nhh18

you guys are taking bullshots :D.

So, lemme get this straight...the FIRST game is capable of putting out visuals like this;  But it's predecessor is somehow not able to? And either way, you're compariing the graphics of a game that has tiny maps, static environments, and only infantry combat to take into account with a game that has maps literally twenty times as big, vehicles, and destructible environments? I think even you should see the flaws here...

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nhh18

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="Verge_6"] That you took from a streaming webplayer...smooth. You sure WE'RE the ones who are insane?Verge_6

you guys are taking bullshots :D.

So, lemme get this straight...the FIRST game is capable of putting out visuals like this;  But it's predecessor is somehow not able to?

is that on the pc. Because that has mad Antialiasing and the resoloution is off the roof. I'm just talking about the footage we have just seen isn't no where near as impressive as mw2, or most games visually. It is hilariosu how you are only after me because I'm mentioning how that footage wasn't up to par. And also another thing, the graphics on the xbox 360 game(which this probably had), was alot lower resoloution than that. And it is pretty clear that it doesn't have the same graphics as mw2. And another thing it fixed the v-sync problems the original game had (mad tearing), and the graphics are better resoloution. And you can't compare technical aspects of both games when they are taking different routes. COD MW2 has better geometry, and better textures this is a fact. but why assume that because they are making a larger game that it is somehow average looking visually when it has larger scope. The footage had mad pop-in, very low geometry, and other problems which make me lol to people calling this visually amazing.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Verge_6

]is that on the pc. nhh18
...For the love of Christ. That's it, I'm done. This tells it all.

-Sluggo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Sluggo-
Member since 2008 • 1345 Posts

The character models in Bad Company 2 are disgusting.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nhh18

[QUOTE="nhh18"]]is that on the pc. Verge_6

...For the love of Christ. That's it, I'm done. This tells it all.

that screen-cap is around 3 times as much as it runs on consoles. It doesn't make any sense at all why you would psot that image out of all. I should of known this game wasn't on pc (how would I remember though). But my god don't post something 2560 X 1440. When a game runs in 720p

Enosh88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Enosh88
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

other things affect the graphics:

MW2:

-60fps, some very limited physics effects

BC2:

-compleatly destructible enviorments, bigger maps

considering all this, from a graphics standpoint they are preaty much on the same level

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

It seems that they are moving to a more mature attitude with Bad Company 2. The engine also looks more refined and precise than BF BC 1. Which not only enhances BF BC 2 it also makes me more excited to see BF3 for the PC.

protoman170776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 protoman170776
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts

What I hate about bad company is that theres ONLY TWO GAMEPLAY MODES. I never played any call out duty games so I cant tell you how many they have. Also bad company lags like once a week. Ill probably play MW2 cause people wil still play it even when 2 year have passed. Bad company is pretty much dead now and probably will the second one.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

What I hate about bad company is that theres ONLY TWO GAMEPLAY MODES. I never played any call out duty games so I cant tell you how many they have. Also bad company lags like once a week. Ill probably play MW2 cause people wil still play it even when 2 year have passed. Bad company is pretty much dead now and probably will the second one.

protoman170776
Well unlike a standard TDM, conquest and the other mode (forget the name) are much more replayable. BF 1943 had a CTF mode but very few servers bothered. Conquest is where it is at.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
I know that for me BFBC2 will be a MUCH better experience than MW2. I liked COD4 but it's nowhere near as much fun as a BF game, main reason everyone I know bought it on PC was because there was no BF game out recently and we wanted something new. I'll take 2 game modes that have more depth each than all of MW2's modes combined any day of the week. I laughed out loud at "is that on PC", no that's BC1 only on the consoles.
strider_ATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 strider_ATI
Member since 2008 • 735 Posts
BC2 is miles better IMO.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

other things affect the graphics:

MW2:

-60fps, some very limited physics effects

BC2:

-compleatly destructible enviorments, bigger maps

considering all this, from a graphics standpoint they are preaty much on the same level

Enosh88

Is that a screencap of a video too? Because that looks suspiciously low res.

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="nhh18"]Nah. I'm talking about graphics. And it looks like it is even closer resemblance to cod4 here than BF games ever were.

nhh18

Did you just imply COD has good textures? It has some of the worst, by far.
2scoopsofempty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 2scoopsofempty
Member since 2005 • 923 Posts

Are you guys serious when comparing both of these games graphics?...have you all forgotten that BF:BC has FULLY destructible environments. In BC2 buildings can be leveled :|. The amount of detail, and particle effects are just insane for multiplayer.

thespywholied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thespywholied
Member since 2008 • 3358 Posts

Are you guys serious when comparing both of these games graphics?...have you all forgotten that BF:BC has FULLY destructible environments. In BC2 buildings can be leveled :|. The amount of detail, and particle effects are just insane for multiplayer.

2scoopsofempty

Play red faction 3! It makes the BC 1 and BC 2 Destructible enviroment look weak.

Anyway BC 2 for me.

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts
Why post this? Both games are going to be awesome. Why not just enjoy both?
aero250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 aero250
Member since 2009 • 3613 Posts

Modern warfare 2 > Battlefield bad company 2 imo.

2scoopsofempty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 2scoopsofempty

[QUOTE="2scoopsofempty"]

thespywholied

Play red faction 3! It makes the BC 1 and BC 2 Destructible enviroment look weak.

Anyway BC 2 for me.

yup i agree. RF3 is just crazy lol.
nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nhh18

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

Next-Gen-Tec

Did you just imply COD has good textures? It has some of the worst, by far.

No. COD4 has horrible textures but it is still better than this video.

R_MAHIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 R_MAHIL
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts
dont think so
Avatar image for 209761905743320666815741627644

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 209761905743320666815741627644
Member since 2006 • 32 Posts
Why don't we wait until the games actually come out?
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Why don't we wait until the games actually come out?sadlersongs

Quoted for truth. Bad Company 2 seems far more appealing to me though.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

No, havent seen much of BC2, but if its anything like its predecessor then MW2>BC2

2scoopsofempty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 2scoopsofempty

No, havent seen much of BC2, but if its anything like its predecessor then MW2>BC2

Led_poison
I found BC1 to be way more intense than MW but on the flip side MW was more accessible... ie. kill streaks, regenerating health and such