ASUS Rog looks dope, but what about the Ayaneo 2S...

• 57 results
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18820 Posts

@adrian1480: "The Last of Us Part 3 playable at 60fps on a mobile device would blow minds"

I doubt they will create a mobile device capable of running "The Last of Us Part 3".

Sounds like you really want to see Sony create a portable PS5?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7353 Posts

@adrian1480: @PSP107: These new handhelds are going in with different expectations than Sony. The Steam Deck has sold around 3 million units in two years, and is considered a success. The Vita sold 4 million in it's first year, and was considered a failure.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 PSP107

@judaspete: "The Vita sold 4 million in it's first year, and was considered a failure."

That's Sony's fault with the whole proprietary memory card fiasco.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#54 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58489 Posts

Handhelds are cool, but they're just not for me:

• Mobile doesn't appeal to me. I don't want to play games when I"m away from home, I'd rather read a book if I was commuting, and when I am home I like to sit at my desk and game.
  • If they cost more than $400, I feel like I might as well just spend double and upgrade my PC. Spending $400 seems like a waste and half-assing it, spending $800 seems like a worthy investment.
  • Performance is too limited; dependent on battery, smaller screen, worse performance than my desktop.

Just my personal take on it. I'm happy for people that actually travel a lot or have time and need of a mobile device; it's nice having all these options, be it a Switch, Deck, Asus, or Ayaneo or what have you.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

@nod_calypse said:
@theam0g said:
@BassMan said:
@nod_calypse said:

@Pedro: Lol, was gonna say the same thing. Dude is crazy negative.

Gaming devices don't get a free pass because they are portable, have power constraints, battery constraints, thermal constraints, etc.. They deliver severely compromised experiences. Full size consoles are bad enough. These portable potatoes don't deliver the quality I seek.

Buy a ROG Ally and plug in a mobile 4090 GPU. No more potato.

Didn't even know this thing existed. Very tempted to call it overkill.

Also very tempted to buy it.

I'd wait personally for a ROG Ally 2 (with maybe OLED) or maybe a new Steam Deck. Currently these kinds of handhelds have to run games with too many compromises such as 1080p but everything on medium/low, with mediocre to bad battery life to boot. In my opinion, the PC handheld market hasn't matured enough. It could/will change with better hardware however with the speed at which things are progressing.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By PSP107

@girlusocrazy: "Don't worry, everyone learned their lesson from that and it was never repeated again."

I heard Xbox Series S/X have proprietary cards?

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 PSP107

@girlusocrazy:

What happened?