Assassin's Creed 3 coming on two discs on X360!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61524 Posts

Oh noes.

You know it's a slow day, when...

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Who cares? It's still the exact same game.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

The cows claiming ownages will eat their words when 360 gets the version that looks and plays slightly better! :P

But seriously, this is 2012, we should've been long past disc swiching at this point. MS better fixes this in their next console...

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15584 Posts

All that really means in the long run is that the 360 discs can tag team the PS3 version and beat the **** out of it.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
Is there any mandatory install on PS3 ver? I bet people can swap their disks faster than cows waiting for the install :lol:
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#106 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Even though PC can use bluray but doesnt because it is a trivial format, it will likely be 2 discs for the PC version aswell, which is also likely to be the best version. Just because you can fit it on one slow ass optical disc doesnt make the game any better.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Even though PC can use bluray but doesnt because it is a trivial format, it will likely be 2 discs for the PC version aswell, which is also likely to be the best version. Just because you can fit it on one slow ass optical disc doesnt make the game any better.

pelvist
Unless you get it from Steam which will have no discs. I don't even have a optical drive anymore. Waste of time, money and creates more cables I have to manage.
Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
todd2r_Partdeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 todd2r_Partdeux
Member since 2012 • 762 Posts
I love it when cows claim ownage on this. My personal favorite though is "the ps3 uses less electricity than a 360". Is that really an issue? If you can't pay your electric bill, you shouldn't be playing video games. But cows are right though cause my ps3 definitely uses less electricity than my 360. That's because I unplugged it and pi$$ed in the disc slot and set it on fire.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#109 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Let's hope it's not Entire Game on One Disc then the other disc being nothing but Language Installers.

Or Go into One Area then Switch Discs 12 different times.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 clyde46
I love it when cows claim ownage on this. My personal favorite though is "the ps3 uses less electricity than a 360". Is that really an issue? If you can't pay your electric bill, you shouldn't be playing video games. But cows are right though cause my ps3 definitely uses less electricity than my 360. That's because I unplugged it and pi$$ed in the disc slot and set it on fire. todd2r_Partdeux
Well you're an idiot for wasting your money on burning a ps3.
todd2r_Partdeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 todd2r_Partdeux
[QUOTE="todd2r_Partdeux"]I love it when cows claim ownage on this. My personal favorite though is "the ps3 uses less electricity than a 360". Is that really an issue? If you can't pay your electric bill, you shouldn't be playing video games. But cows are right though cause my ps3 definitely uses less electricity than my 360. That's because I unplugged it and pi$$ed in the disc slot and set it on fire. clyde46

Not really. Well worth it. As a matter of fact, I think I will go but a new one and shiit on it.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#112 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="todd2r_Partdeux"]I love it when cows claim ownage on this. My personal favorite though is "the ps3 uses less electricity than a 360". Is that really an issue? If you can't pay your electric bill, you shouldn't be playing video games. But cows are right though cause my ps3 definitely uses less electricity than my 360. That's because I unplugged it and pi$$ed in the disc slot and set it on fire. todd2r_Partdeux

Not really. Well worth it. As a matter of fact, I think I will go but a new one and shiit on it.

You should be giving $700 to Charity Organizations instead of burning those consoles dude.

[spoiler]

I know you're just yanking chains here, you really don't have $700 to waste.

[/spoiler]

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Meh, 2 discs are nothing Now, if you had to swap discs every time you get into an area That would be something to be angry for
todd2r_Partdeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 todd2r_Partdeux

[QUOTE="todd2r_Partdeux"][QUOTE="clyde46"] Well you're an idiot for wasting your money on burning a ps3. LegatoSkyheart

You should be giving $700 to Charity Organizations instead of burning those consoles dude.

[spoiler]

I know you're just yanking chains here, you really don't have $700 to waste.

[/spoiler]

I am donating to charity. I'm paying Sony for the console am I not? I give them much needed money, and then they give me a ps3. Then I poop on it.
Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

90's tech lol.

At this point in this gen we should have games that span across multiple Blurays not DVD's. It's a shame that devs have to spend so much time and energy cramming every asset to fit into that archaic format. Don't tell the MS fanboys though. The 360 could've had a floppy disk drive and they would still lap it up.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44212 Posts

Saweeetness, 360 gets the best version confirmed. :P

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#117 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
Oh no...360 owners might have to get up and change a disc for ten seconds...the horror...
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

Superior X360 version confirmed. You get more value with two disks.:cool:

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
So for the same amount of money, I get 2 discs and cows only one.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#120 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
Conclusion ,Ps3 fanboys=Lazy F***ers
megadeth1117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 megadeth1117
Member since 2010 • 1830 Posts

Oh System Wars, arguing about an amount of discs, y'all crazy.

Anyway, only reason I'm getting this on PS3 is for the extra missions, the past AC games have been better on 360.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
bahahahahahaha
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 rjdofu
[QUOTE="Giancar"]Meh, 2 discs are nothing Now, if you had to swap discs every time you get into an area That would be something to be angry for

Total swap disc time combined still <<< than waiting for mandatory install :cool:
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

Two discs, double the risk of scratching them :cool: I kinda miss swapping discs, takes me back to the PSOne-era.
If it's SP and MP seperated, it's rather annoying if you'd want to do some MP after doing some SP...switching back and forth...
I just love lemming butthurt and damage control in the morning. :lol:

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts
Now I'm even more hyped for AC3. Finally an AC game that isn't being held back by 360.
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 DrTrafalgarLaw

[QUOTE="Giancar"]Meh, 2 discs are nothing Now, if you had to swap discs every time you get into an area That would be something to be angry forrjdofu
Total swap disc time combined still <<< than waiting for mandatory install :cool:

It takes you out of the immersion, on PS3...you install it once and be done with it...on 360, as a 360 owner you'd need to move that fat ass out of the crater of what was once called a couch or bed, strain a few hamstrings and a few gluteus muscles along the way to your console due to the sudden increase in weight that needs to be supported, strain your biceps while opening the CD case, possibily injure yourself with cuts while grabbing the DVD, put it in your console and break your couch or bed that you fall back on due to the immense overweight body again. All in the while of being lifted out the immersion of the game. When you're done huffing and wheezing and got renergized by a 40z Coke bottle and some energy bars, press X to continue.

With PS3: Install and play away, you can keep the disc in there forever and finish the game without moving a inch from your position, being immersed in the game the whole time. It's not even know if mandatory installs are re uired.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#127 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online
Member since 2004 • 49581 Posts
Install roughly 4GB of data on PS3 and wait the few minutes while that installs, or take the thirty or less seconds to swap disks or buy it on PC and don't have to worry about any disks. :]
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 DrTrafalgarLaw

Install roughly 4GB of data on PS3 and wait the few minutes while that installs, or take the thirty or less seconds to swap disks or buy it on PC and don't have to worry about any disks. :]Stevo_the_gamer
PC re uires mandatory installs (and downloads) too, I'm not sure what you are implying.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 rjdofu
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Install roughly 4GB of data on PS3 and wait the few minutes while that installs, or take the thirty or less seconds to swap disks or buy it on PC and don't have to worry about any disks. :]DrTrafalgarLaw
PC re uires mandatory installs too, I'm not sure what you are implying.

You don't have to swap disc for other games :cool:, also, install time = 3 mins.
Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Install roughly 4GB of data on PS3 and wait the few minutes while that installs, or take the thirty or less seconds to swap disks or buy it on PC and don't have to worry about any disks. :]DrTrafalgarLaw

PC re uires mandatory installs (and downloads) too, I'm not sure what you are implying.

It might also be available digitally day one. Stevo is just trying to cover up for his lemming brothers.
speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#131 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Still pre-ordered the 360. And you know why? It will be the best version :), and it will have better community then on the PS3 for sure.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Giancar"]Meh, 2 discs are nothing Now, if you had to swap discs every time you get into an area That would be something to be angry forDrTrafalgarLaw

It takes you out of the immersion, on PS3...you install it once and be done with it...on 360, as a 360 owner you'd need to move that fat ass out of the crater of what was once called a couch or bed, strain a few hamstrings and a few gluteus muscles along the way to your console due to the sudden increase in weight that needs to be supported, strain your biceps while opening the CD case, possibily injure yourself with cuts while grabbing the DVD, put it in your console and break your couch or bed that you fall back on due to the immense overweight body again. All in the while of being lifted out the immersion of the game. When you're done huffing and wheezing and got renergized by a 40z Coke bottle and some energy bars, press X to continue.

With PS3: Install and play away, you can keep the disc in there forever and finish the game without moving a inch from your position, being immersed in the game the whole time. It's not even know if mandatory installs are re uired.

Occasional movements help your body :), make it less stiff & numb.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online

PS3 involves disk swappage and installing. PC requires a simple double click anytime after the initial download.
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 DrTrafalgarLaw
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Install roughly 4GB of data on PS3 and wait the few minutes while that installs, or take the thirty or less seconds to swap disks or buy it on PC and don't have to worry about any disks. :]rjdofu
PC re uires mandatory installs too, I'm not sure what you are implying.

You don't have to swap disc for other games :cool:, also, install time = 3 mins.

It depends whether you download digitally or do it the oldskool way of using discs. Some games on the PC still use disc swapping when playing or installing, if it's just for a DVD-check. Don't forget you need to download a lot of data. >Purchase a DVD (yuck) or the superior blu-ray from your gamesstore, install a few GB's of it to your harddrive. >Download from (the likes of) Steam, can take anywhere up to an hour more, with a few minutes of install. Pick your poison.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] PC re uires mandatory installs too, I'm not sure what you are implying.DrTrafalgarLaw

It depends whether you download digitally or do it the oldskool way of using discs. Some games on the PC still use disc swapping when playing or installing, if it's just for a DVD-check. Don't forget you need to download a lot of data. >Purchase a DVD (yuck) or the superior blu-ray from your gamesstore, install a few GB's of it to your harddrive. >Download from (the likes of) Steam, can take anywhere up to an hour more, with a few minutes of install. Pick your poison.

lol

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 DrTrafalgarLaw
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Install roughly 4GB of data on PS3 and wait the few minutes while that installs, or take the thirty or less seconds to swap disks or buy it on PC and don't have to worry about any disks. :]Stevo_the_gamer

PS3 involves disk swappage and installing. PC requires a simple double click anytime after the initial download.

If I purchase a game from the PSN store, the process is the same as on PC, Download & Install...no more disc swapping needed. Again, what is your point?
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] If I purchase a game from the PSN store, the process is the same as on PC, Download & Install...no more disc swapping needed. Again, what is your point?

Digital trumps physical, obviously. Are you planning on purchasing it via PSN, fellow bovine?
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 DrTrafalgarLaw

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] You don't have to swap disc for other games :cool:, also, install time = 3 mins.Stevo_the_gamer

lol

You want to say blu-ray is inferior to DVD's? Anyone that can do math will say blu-ray is better, and the fact that the coating on a blu-ray is much more resilient to scratching seals the deal.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 rjdofu
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] PC re uires mandatory installs (and downloads) too, I'm not sure what you are implying.DrTrafalgarLaw

If I purchase a game from the PSN store, the process is the same as on PC, Download & Install...no more disc swapping needed. Again, what is your point?

It would take 5 times longer though :lol:
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 DrTrafalgarLaw

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] If I purchase a game from the PSN store, the process is the same as on PC, Download & Install...no more disc swapping needed. Again, what is your point?Stevo_the_gamer
Digital trumps physical, obviously. Are you planning on purchasing it via PSN, fellow bovine?

No, I'll wait for the uber AC collection that has all AC-games released on consoles in a year or two.

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#141 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

Link.

I've argued with Lems saying the reason that DVD was a big mistake from Microsoft and they refused. Now look at this! :lol:

It's getting out of hand now.

GamerwillzPS

lol once again whenever devs have problems with the 360s ancient hardware its the consoles fault for holding back the industry. Yet when devs can't even get significant portions of a game to work at all on the PS3s ancient hardware its because they're 'lazy devs'. If this is "Getting out of hand" how do describe the current state of Dawnguard and possibly other Skyrim DLC on the PS3? Both consoles are equally outdated and running into problems on certain types of games. This problem at least seems to have a relatively simple solution.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 DrTrafalgarLaw
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] PS3 involves disk swappage and installing. PC requires a simple double click anytime after the initial download.

With PSN, I can download a close to 1.3 MB/s...which is just fine by me. Steam has a higher speed cap but it can also be hampered by the "The Steam servers are too busy at the time, try again later" error.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
Who cares? The once in a blue moon multi disc game somehow solidifies Sony's need to put bluray in the PS3? What about the FREQUENT longer load times and mandatory installs found on the PS3. How does that improve your gaming experience? Now, I love the bluray player in my PS3. I use it a lot, but that doesnt mean that it was beneficial for sony to incorporate it when they did.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] You want to say blu-ray is inferior to DVD's? Anyone that can do math will say blu-ray is better, and the fact that the coating on a blu-ray is much more resilient to scratching seals the deal.

*Blu-ray in PS3* has proven to be (on a number of occasions) quite inferior thanks the poor hardware powering it, and the slow-reading time. On other rare cases, it has been shown to be quite capable at giving the DVD a run for its money and then some thanks to its large storage capacity allowing for additional content (free games), or higher quality audio and more languages. ;D
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 DrTrafalgarLaw
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] Digital trumps physical, obviously. Are you planning on purchasing it via PSN, fellow bovine?

No, I'll wait for the uber AC collection that has all AC-games released on consoles.

aaahh, so thats why they call it the "wait station 3" didn't assassins creed 1 come out in 2007? you really wait that long to play one of the best new Ip's this gen?

I just never got into it as I had a backlog too many exclusives and other multiplat games. And I actually do own AC1 and ACII on PC from the last summer sale, but haven't play it yet. As I said, too many exclusives. :cool:
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] If I purchase a game from the PSN store, the process is the same as on PC, Download & Install...no more disc swapping needed. Again, what is your point?DrTrafalgarLaw

No, I'll wait for the uber AC collection that has all AC-games released on consoles in a year or two.

lol
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 rjdofu
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] If I purchase a game from the PSN store, the process is the same as on PC, Download & Install...no more disc swapping needed. Again, what is your point?

With PSN, I can download a close to 1.3 MB/s...which is just fine by me. Steam has a higher speed cap but it can also be hampered by the "The Steam servers are too busy at the time, try again later" error.

Damn, I wish mine would be that fast :(, took me forever to download my inFamous 2. My PC normally outspeed my PS3 by a huge margin, no idea why.
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 DrTrafalgarLaw
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] You want to say blu-ray is inferior to DVD's? Anyone that can do math will say blu-ray is better, and the fact that the coating on a blu-ray is much more resilient to scratching seals the deal.

*Blu-ray in PS3* has proven to be (on a number of occasions) quite inferior thanks the poor hardware powering it, and the slow-reading time. On other rare cases, it has been shown to be quite capable at giving the DVD a run for its money and then some thanks to its large storage capacity allowing for additional content (free games), or higher quality audio and more languages. ;D

Well then, that's not the format's fault but the blu-ray reader's fault in the PS3. I kept my old PS2 games as good condition as possible but it still has scratches, can't believe lemmings are coping with a format that can easily get scratched and with a console that actually scratches discs.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 clyde46
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] If I purchase a game from the PSN store, the process is the same as on PC, Download & Install...no more disc swapping needed. Again, what is your point?

I've never noticed a cap using Steam. I used to download at 7mb/s before I finished at uni.