Assassins Creed 2 discussion (Ending Of Game Spoilers)

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts

Assassins Creed 2 should be played by all in system wars, now you may ask Why? This game is AMAZING. Uncharted 2 im sorry but you are nothing compared to AC2.

you still may be asking why

this games story is the best story i have seen in a game in awhile, the gameplay is top notch, acting is very good, everything about this game is just so well done.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Now for those of us who beat the game. What did you think about the ending?

I personally believe that Ubisoft has really broken down the 4th, 5th , 6th wall in this game. If you have beaten it or just dont care, basically minerva(athena) tells Desmond that the gods were real people. WOW ubisoft basically slapped every religion right in the face.

The game also makes you think about why we are here, what is our purpose. This game is really starting to lead the way of games becoming an art form, the cities are almost exactly like they should look. I heard on a recent podcast that some person used google maps to find a building in a city and it was right were it should be.

Last point, i thought it was kinda sad that she just outright told Ezio that he was a pawn, kinda made me feel pissed because it just basically dropped him from the story in about 2 seconds. After playing his character for 25 hours i wanted his arc to feel complete, at least she could have told him something. Thats really the only gripe i had about the game but none the less this game has just stole GOTY for me.

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
aweasome game. ending didn't "blow my mind" though. wasn't surprised it was a cliff hanger AGAIN -_-
solidfish30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 solidfish30
Member since 2008 • 676 Posts
Assassin's Creed II is so cool.
awesomeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 awesomeface
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
It was an amazing game, I can't wait for the third one. From what I heard they were in a truck with an animus in it and headed for a cabin. Where, or should I say when is Desmond going this time?
daedales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 daedales
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
totally agree with u on the point about Ubisoft and religion slapping, but i kinda liked the way how the story of ezio was concluded. But theres something i don't get...how did that computer chick from the beggining of the first civilisation knew desmond and also where did desmond get the hidden dagger from in the credits? lol the more i think about the story the more complex it gets. It's one of the few games that challanges the fundmental human beliefs...and i personally think more games should be pushed this way....also didn't ezio get stabbed in the end...? i pwned the espandaro without him even hitting me...lol
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15604 Posts

There was one point during the ending when Minerva looks right into the camera that really creeped me out. It felt like she was staring right at me.

Great game btw.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#7 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
The game and its story were awesome, however i felt pissed when they left it off at a cliffhanger AGAIN! :(
daedales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 daedales
ummm i didn't think it was a massive cliff hanger as the one left in MW2....cmmon i believe when i speak, i speak for all AC fans that AC II ending was a far better ending than AC I
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Assassins Creed 2 should be played by all in system wars, now you may ask Why? This game is AMAZING. Uncharted 2 im sorry but you are nothing compared to AC2.

this games story is the best story i have seen in a game in awhile, the gameplay is top notch, acting is very good, everything about this game is just so well done.

I personally believe that Ubisoft has really broken down the 4th, 5th , 6th wall in this game. If you have beaten it or just dont care, basically minerva(athena) tells Desmond that the gods were real people. WOW ubisoft basically slapped every religion right in the face.

The game also makes you think about why we are here, what is our purpose. This game is really starting to lead the way of games becoming an art form, the cities are almost exactly like they should look. I heard on a recent podcast that some person used google maps to find a building in a city and it was right were it should be.

Last point, i thought it was kinda sad that she just outright told Ezio that he was a pawn, kinda made me feel pissed because it just basically dropped him from the story in about 2 seconds. After playing his character for 25 hours i wanted his arc to feel complete, at least she could have told him something. Thats really the only gripe i had about the game but none the less this game has just stole GOTY for me.

njean777
He wasn't really a pawn. It's how prophecies go sometimes. But if you unlock "the trut" it really does throw christianity out the window. The ending basically tells us Humans created in Those that came before's image. TTCB enslaved the human species. Adam and eve rebel. Seemingly a natural disaster occur and adam and eve are the first two free willed humans, they survive because they have the apple.
CrAppyF33ling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CrAppyF33ling
Member since 2009 • 1665 Posts

Well I thought they were talking about 2012(not how you see in the movie but scientific 2012 with the Solar flares and such) seeing Athena saying end of the world Lucy said Earths mAgnetic shield or whatever, eh Gotta hand it to Ubisoft

P.S. Wow ok Uncharted is nothing compared to it, first of all Uncharted is not open world and doing assassination its point A to B (EPICLY) kind of story. AC2 is not made to compare to games like AC2 is more like compared to hitman or something

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

The game and its story were awesome, however i felt pissed when they left it off at a cliffhanger AGAIN! :(charizard1605

Look at it this way, they owe us a sequel for it ;)

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

I'm still processing the end (only completed it last night). To be honest I think they jumped the shark with the ending. The sun moving toward the earth to end all life...again. And the Roman gods as people with extra special powers? Lol, a nod to Too Human.

Game was awesome. Vast improvement over the first. But honestly I thought the story in the first was way better.

daedales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 daedales
umm to answer the question about the ending...you have to watch "the truth"...us humans are a creature/slave created with an instinct to survive by an civilisation far more advanced than ours...there is no such things as god...just our interpetation to the few survivors from the first advanced civilisation....they experienced a solar flare as well...the first generation warns that there is a second one due
daedales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 daedales
crappyfeeling... ACII can only be compared to GTA series...cause these are the only 2 games that can explore surrounds with an massive amout of the "choice" factor
KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KingsMessenger
Member since 2009 • 2574 Posts

Well I thought they were talking about 2012(not how you see in the movie but scientific 2012 with the Solar flares and such) seeing Athena saying end of the world Lucy said Earths mAgnetic shield or whatever, eh Gotta hand it to Ubisoft

P.S. Wow ok Uncharted is nothing compared to it, first of all Uncharted is not open world and doing assassination its point A to B (EPICLY) kind of story. AC2 is not made to compare to games like AC2 is more like compared to hitman or something

CrAppyF33ling
To be fair, "Scientific 2012" is a false. There is no science to support any of the supposed "explanations" including the solar flare one. None of the explanations are anything more than logical fallacies. and daedales, to answer your above question, [QUOTE="daedales"] But theres something i don't get...how did that computer chick from the beggining of the first civilisation knew desmond and also where did desmond get the hidden dagger from in the credits?

The way that Minerva knows probably has something to do with her perception of time. She doesn't perceive time the same way we do. We see time as a series of instantaneous states through which we can only see one point at a time, in order, moving down a "line." My interpretation of Minerva, and the way she acts, suggests a much more abstract view of time for her. My guess is that she perceives time as another dimension through which she can see the beginning, middle and end simultaneously. Imagine looking out at a room, only instead of just see the room in its present state, you also see it in its past and future states as well. Time is like another dimension to view. So, although it hasn't happened yet, she knows that Ezio will reach that room, at that moment and will receive that message. She also knows that 500 years later, Desmond will relive that memory, and thus she can deliver the message to him that way. Although it hasn't occurred yet, it was going to occur in the future, and she can see that. As for the Hidden Blade, Lucy handed it to him when he got out of the Animus, so obviously they had found it and were going to give it to him. Did I do an OK job of explaining?
daedales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 daedales
haha yea...must've missed out on the beggining of the end :D your explaination on marvia's ability to look forward has a point...if your theory is correct...AC3 will be dramatically different...cause what your saying is that if Ezio is the messanger to Desmond that means she controls time, she can look foward into 'time continium' choose out specific spot within a 'time frame'; than the game now means that...as long as theres a messanger...desmond will always receives choosen messages sent by her...lol than that just not only change the story line and b itch slap religion across the face....it also performs point zero groin kick cause literatly the ending is saying that humans are not a creation of god, but a creation to be slaves....therefore if the theory is correct...Desomond has direct contact to the 'first civilisation' and thus he is the literal jesus...
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts

To be fair, "Scientific 2012" is a false. There is no science to support any of the supposed "explanations" including the solar flare one. None of the explanations are anything more than logical fallacies. and daedales, to answer your above question, KingsMessenger

Actually, there is, the suns Solar Maximum is due in 2011 - 2012 and supposedly, its suppose to be the biggest Solar Maximum ever recorded, there is still alot of debate and as time goes on I'm sure NASA will clarify alot of this. Both the Suns and the Earths Magnetic Poles are due to flip around the same time, the Suns flip like clockwork, the earths is much harder to predict due to its long cycle.

Link.

Link.

Lantern-Cusp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Lantern-Cusp
Member since 2009 • 739 Posts

njean777

I loved it too, but better than Uncharted 2? I dont think so haha. IMO Ezios "arc" was fulfilled, His path is directly correlated with that of Desmond. He is the Medium between the two, the key to how Desmond will learn to become an assassin. His destiny was to make it to that room and stop the spaniard so as to recieve the message for Desmond. He was the "prophesy" lol........also btw Minerva is an alien and basically her kind manifest the human race in the image of their own, but a war ensued and the 2 species broke apart.

here, this explains it, i found it on another forum.

As the Aliens left their broken world to arrive on earth, they began building their culture. These Aliens, were human, and they quickly realized something was wrong. There was going to be a galactic disturbance violently lighting fire to the world.

To combat this, the ancient alien civilization who had made earth its home, created the vaults, underground complex's with Temples on the surface, Pyramids, Chitzen Itza, Ankor Wat, Vatican.

After the fire destroyed the population on earth, the few aliens who survived used their advanced technology, to create a new serence city, Eden. They created a new group of Type 2 humans, to repopulate the new Eden, and the new world. However, the new specied was inferior to the older ancients.

Eventually, Adam and Eve, two type 2 humans, steal the first peice of Eden, the Apple, from Eden, and escape Eden. Using their new found power, they go out on the earth, and populate.

Although peace may have been an option between the two entities, Human, and Type 2 Human, Adam and Eve's child, Cain, did not like the supremacy, in the new group of his Older brother Abel. He slew him, stole the peice of Eden, from Abel, and the Templars were born.

The Templars used this peice of Eden to destroy Old "Gods" and reign supreme over the earth, in the form of secular kings, Pharohs, Roman Emperors, Alexander the Great, Popes,

While all along, the Assasins combated them from the side line, with the great Assasins in the Chamber under the Villa.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

From what I can gather from the ending it seems the aliens created uberhumans,but these humans fought back against these gods and I think Adam and eve were part of these super humans since as we saw they didint seem very normal. They probably stole the apple in order to help them against the fight against the aliens since it seems the apple was used to enslave the people and then this natural disaster happens that wipes out most of these super humans. THe aliens then make other regular humans and help to rebuild humanity and make these temples to prevent this disaster from happening again. While time passes the super humans are no longer and humanity just becomes normal. Now the disaster is near happening again and theres probably a group that wants it to happen that we dont know about since its hinted at the end of AC2.

clarkjudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clarkjudo

After 25 to 30 hours of gaming. I was rather offended at the ending of the game. I am sure there are others who were as well. But dismissed it for some reason or another. Like it has no effect ... just a game ... really? It is revealed that the game is based on Panspermia.Panspermia - theory that life on Earth began in outer space.I am now thinking or will be selling the game. The game makes a statement in the beginning that the game does not represent or is a mix of religious beliefs. Yet, the game is based on Panspermia ... a belief that degrades GOD. This is where we are heading ... a belief that God does not exist? It takes more "faith" to believe we came from aliens. Who or what created the aliens? There to much "evidence today" to prove the Bible is "the truth". Not a bunch of stories or "theory" a human being can come up with on their own.

Dark5tar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 Dark5tar1
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts

I'm gettin it for Xmas but ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER?! ANOTHER?! Why Ubisoft Why?

Avatar image for guitarsrock4eva
guitarsrock4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 guitarsrock4eva
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts
I find it hard to believe that Assassins Creed will just be a trilogy. I think it could have been more had they only jumped ahead say 150 years after AC1 rather than the 300 year gap between Altair and Ezio. I thought the Minerva part was good. I didn't mind how Ezio was basically a pawn because thats just what he is. Playing as Altair and Ezio makes you forget that in reality you are playing as Desmond. I thought the game could have done with more scenes as Desmond though, I mean you learn all these skills and you just get to use them at the end. What I hope for the next game is a mix of playing as one of Desmond's ancestors and playing as Desmond himself. I hope they don't do a massive jump forward in time though. I think though, and this is just a theory, that we could see a leap backward in time. This is because they (Desmond and the other Assassins) are going to be looking for these temples, logic entails that the further back in time they go the more likely they are to find them. I would personally like a Greek version, or Roman version. On the whole slap in the face for every religion thing, it happens as well with the codex pages, in one of them Altair says he doubts the existance of a God. I think its good that Ubisoft are pushing boundries with what they do.
clarkjudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 clarkjudo

After 25 to 30 hours of gaming. I was rather offended at the ending of the game. I am sure there are others who were as well. But dismissed it for some reason or another. Like it has no effect ... just a game ... really? It is revealed that the game is based on Panspermia.Panspermia - theory that life on Earth began in outer space.I am now thinking or will be selling the game. The game makes a statement in the beginning that the game does not represent or is a mix of religious beliefs. Yet, the game is based on Panspermia ... a belief that degrades GOD. This is where we are heading ... a belief that God does not exist? It takes more "faith" to believe we came from aliens. Who or what created the aliens? There to much "evidence today" to prove the Bible is "the truth". Not a bunch of stories or "theory" a human being can come up with on their own.

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts

clarkjudo

Why would anyone be offended by something so pointless as an obviously far fetched plot in a video game? If the game had tried to present itself as an actual discourse on religion rather than a conspiracy theory soap opera I might understand why some would be offended (Though I don't see how it's any less offensive than christianity, judism or islam).

Personally I thought it was a lot more interesting that Ubisoft had the balls the end the game with you fighting the bloody pope.. just how many games allow you to beat the living #$% out of the pope? Not to mention using him as thie final boss fight?! That did shock me a bit and I could understand people getting offended by *that*.. I personally thought it was hillarious.

ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ThePRAssassin
Member since 2009 • 1344 Posts

My favorite series this gen. I loved the first and the second one even more, both are up there for favorite game all time.

Can't wait for AC3, hoping they don't screw it up, like every developer seems to be doing with sequels this gen. It's not even a little downgrade like how SOCOM 3 was to SOCOM 2, or like how Super Mario Sunshine was to Super Mario 64. Now it's atrocities like Unreal Tournament 3, Modern Warfare 2, Gears of War 2, FEAR 2 and many, many more.

ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ThePRAssassin

There to much "evidence today" to prove the Bible is "the truth". Not a bunch of stories or "theory" a human being can come up with on their own.

clarkjudo

If anything there is less proof.

All the Bible is, is a fiction story. Nothing more, nothing less.

It's more believable that we evolved from rocks.

ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ThePRAssassin

I find it hard to believe that Assassins Creed will just be a trilogy. I think it could have been more had they only jumped ahead say 150 years after AC1 rather than the 300 year gap between Altair and Ezio. I thought the Minerva part was good. I didn't mind how Ezio was basically a pawn because thats just what he is. Playing as Altair and Ezio makes you forget that in reality you are playing as Desmond. I thought the game could have done with more scenes as Desmond though, I mean you learn all these skills and you just get to use them at the end. What I hope for the next game is a mix of playing as one of Desmond's ancestors and playing as Desmond himself. I hope they don't do a massive jump forward in time though. I think though, and this is just a theory, that we could see a leap backward in time. This is because they (Desmond and the other Assassins) are going to be looking for these temples, logic entails that the further back in time they go the more likely they are to find them. I would personally like a Greek version, or Roman version. On the whole slap in the face for every religion thing, it happens as well with the codex pages, in one of them Altair says he doubts the existance of a God. I think its good that Ubisoft are pushing boundries with what they do.guitarsrock4eva

..and yet they dont get the credit they should. I think religion is a joke, until my previous post targeted at the one kid, I have never said anything negative about it though as we all have our beliefs, and none can be proven wrong, hence the title BELIEFS.

However, it could actually be seen as offensive because it's taking real life concepts. It's much more offensive then killing a bunch of pixels on a screen, that was so poorly done it's a joke.

clarkjudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 clarkjudo

Media has so much influence. So much of anti-GOD has been shaping peoples minds by the secular media. There is a greater "big picture" here. We can not just dismiss this as .. "just a game".

"It is revealed that the game is based on Panspermia. Panspermia - theory that life on Earth began in outer space. I am now thinking or will be selling the game. The game makes a statement in the beginning that the game does not represent or is a mix of religious beliefs. Yet, the game is based on Panspermia ... a belief that degrades GOD. This is where we are heading ... a belief that God does not exist? It takes more "faith" to believe we came from aliens. Who or what created the aliens anyway?"

clarkjudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 clarkjudo
Media has so much influence. So much of anti-GOD has been shaping peoples minds by the secular media. There is a greater "big picture" here. We can not just dismiss this as .. "just a game". Panspermia theory seems to be placed a true fact rather than theory.
C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
The ending scared the crap out of me when Minerva looked at me. It was creepy.
Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mazoch

Media has so much influence. So much of anti-GOD has been shaping peoples minds by the secular media. There is a greater "big picture" here. We can not just dismiss this as .. "just a game".

"It is revealed that the game is based on Panspermia. Panspermia - theory that life on Earth began in outer space. I am now thinking or will be selling the game. The game makes a statement in the beginning that the game does not represent or is a mix of religious beliefs. Yet, the game is based on Panspermia ... a belief that degrades GOD. This is where we are heading ... a belief that God does not exist? It takes more "faith" to believe we came from aliens. Who or what created the aliens anyway?"

clarkjudo

Oh dear...

So it's ok for games to use a setting, a plot element or a game world that does have a god in it? But to use a diffrent story? To use your imagination? To question the world around you?.. nooo cant do that.. it might make 'God' sad.

Seriously trying to argue that belief in god is more logical than.. well.. pretty much anything, is a losing battle. Religion is inherently illogical. You belive in god.. that nice, enjoy. But don't tell others that they are wrong, foolish or illogical to not share you beliefs.

With that said. This is a video game forum, don't you think there are more sutiable places to discuss the existance (or lack thereoff) of a god?

ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ThePRAssassin

[QUOTE="clarkjudo"]

Mazoch

Oh dear...

So it's ok for games to use a setting, plot element or game world that has a god in them I take it? But to use a diffrent storry, to use your imagination, to question the world around you.. noo cant do that.. it might make god sad.

Seriously trying to argue that belief in god is more logical than.. well.. pertty much anything is a losing battlel, religion is inherently illogical. You belive in god.. that nice, enjoy. But don't tell others that they are wrong, foolish or illogical to not share you beliefs.

With that said. This is a video game forum, don't you think there are more sutiable places to discuss the existance (or lack thereoff) of a god?

You deserve a cookie everyday for the rest of your life.

You would've gotten two cookies everyday but you're grammar was pretty bad, and grammar nazi's run the internet.

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mazoch
ThePRAssassin
Heh yeah it was. Cleaned it up a bit.
Barbie_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Barbie_Boy
Member since 2009 • 667 Posts

the game was good yes and the story is ok but I played games that have better one

still hate the combat tho

DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 DaViD_99
Member since 2007 • 2496 Posts
[QUOTE="C-Lee"]The ending scared the crap out of me when Minerva looked at me. It was creepy.

Same lol. That part, when she was talking to Desmond was probably the best part of the game. It was a great game, but there were some problems. Especially the last fight... I always hate it when protagonists let the antagonist live because "it won't bring _____ back". You killed hundreds of people to get to him, he agrees to fight hand to hand combat and he loses.
ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ThePRAssassin

[QUOTE="C-Lee"]The ending scared the crap out of me when Minerva looked at me. It was creepy.DaViD_99
Same lol. That part, when she was talking to Desmond was probably the best part of the game. It was a great game, but there were some problems. Especially the last fight... I always hate it when protagonists let the antagonist live because "it won't bring _____ back". You killed hundreds of people to get to him, he agrees to fight hand to hand combat and he loses.

Yeah that annoyed me.

ARGH IM GONNA GET U!

HAH! I GOT U NOW. IM GOING TO KILL YOU!

..OH SNAP WTF I FAILED!

IM GONNA GET U AGAIN!

I GOT U AGAIN! NOW I WILL...

..let you go

The only time I ever wanted to punch my TV. If I was Ezio I would've decapitated him with my Sword of Altair. Only seems right after he killed my family.

clarkjudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 clarkjudo

I will say that the game "was" amazing.

Just warning people about the Anti-God agenda in games or other media. If people continue to believe that this is not happening. Their blood will not be on my hands.

Yes to some, I am being mistaken as some nut case. But to those who will "notice" ... maybe this discussion was not in vain.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#39 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

i can't believe that people are offended by the cliffhanger. There was exactly zero cliffhanger of the stated conflict of the game, which was ezio avenging his family by stalking the power-mad Rodriguez. The only cliffhanger was on the hiddensubplot of theseries which was only hinted at in the previous game and elaborated in this one.

From the ending, it would seem that either the animus has the ability to communicate with the pre-humans, the pre-humans have the abililty to manipulate time, or time itself is an illusion. I'm not sure if minerva was looking at us the player or whether that was supposed to represent her looking at Desmond, but either way it was creepy.

I think it's an amazing ending, not dissatisfying in the least, and the ending will be the topper that solidfies AC2 as GOTY.

PS, ubsioft would be stupid not to have a game set in japan at some point. Not only would the japanese get a kick out of it, butthat time period with ninjas and samurais with europeans just finding them outwould be perfect for an assassin's creed game (ninjas = assassins is so perfect imo. The assassins in AC1+2 are modelled after ninjas obviously). Or maybe Ninjas versus the mongol invasion, and maybe make that tsunami not so much a lucky coincidence...

amareen18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#40 amareen18
Member since 2007 • 1259 Posts

. WOW ubisoft basically slapped every religion right in the face.

njean777

:lol: yeah thats right!

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I loved the fighting in the credits.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#42 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

I loved the fighting in the credits.

heretrix
+1 NICE! i tried to die to see what happens but he has infinite health
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#43 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

Assassin's creed II was amazing. One of my top picks for 2009, but I think I have different reasons than most people for this game being good.

Anyway let me start w/ the bad:

1. The ending boss fight was pitiful.

2. The story jumped the shark at the end... or to put it in gaming terms it pulled an Idigo Phrophecy. I seriously won't be surprised when Desmond gains super powers, and fights the sun itself.

3. Too many weapons. Ok poison was cool, but hard to figure out how I was suppose to use it. Why do I need a short sword & a long sword, or a pistol & throwing knives?

4. Why sneak when you can bum rush. W/ sneaking generally improved I was happy, until I learned I could just bum rush everybody and pretty much power my way through the game.

The good stuff:

1. depth - not really sure how many side missions are available but I did a few assassinations, and they were all unique. Also I like the dynamic missions like pick pockets, and curriors though it was a $&%#@ to tackle them on rooftops.

2. strategy - I love open world games that let you pick your strategy. I really felt like I was given some freedom to complete missions how I wanted to instead of trying to figure out what the designer had planed.

3. Story - outside of the ending the story was pretty good. Nothing amazing, but I did enjoy it despite historical cameos being cheesy.

4. Good control - w/ complicated games like this characer control can be a nightmare. Repeatedly yelling "no no no you stupid %$#@, that's not what I wanted to do" is pretty common, but I did that less than normal w/ ACII.

Avatar image for SexySasquatch11
SexySasquatch11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SexySasquatch11
Member since 2008 • 500 Posts

njean777

LOL. I needed a good laugh. I agree that is was a good game but thats about it. It's still buggy as hell, and the AI is as much of a joke as it was last game. I love how I can go into a town KILL the king, have everyone on me, run away, tear down a poster, run back to the scene of the crime and nobody notices me! I killed 6 guards and the people around me didn't do a damn thing. Just watched. Or I'm on the roof and I want to jump on a little wooden walkway just below me and i jump for it and he jumps the oppsite way. Or I'll just be running through town, when what I call the GeoW affect, I start climbing every building I come accross without even being close to it. I could go on and on. But I guess everyone has different standards when it comes to gameplay and AI requirements, but I liked the story. I thought the ending was crap but everything up till that I enjoyed. I could over look the control issues if they'd fix their damn AI. Its just pathic. I mean I got blamed for killing the duchi and I'm the only one in town wearing the armor I'm wearing and NO ONE cared. Thats BS and just bad AI programming any way you look at it. Better than 1 but still a broken buggy game.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

My favorite thing: Poisoning the guards and then throwing money to the crowd. Holy crap if that isn't one of the funniest things I've ever seen.I won't spoil it, just do it. Do it now.

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts

I will say that the game "was" amazing.

Just warning people about the Anti-God agenda in games or other media. If people continue to believe that this is not happening. Their blood will not be on my hands.

Yes to some, I am being mistaken as some nut case. But to those who will "notice" ... maybe this discussion was not in vain.

clarkjudo

So, because of AC2's story / theme, its all of a sudden a sin? Seriously, that would mean every other game ever made would also be a sin, GeOW has nothing but violence and blood in it, but no one seems to care about that? Wasn't there a Commandment that said something like, "Thall shall not kill", or "Thatll shall not Steal", yet almost every game ever made has broken all of these "rules", whats the difference between AC2 and any other game ever made?

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#47 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

My favorite thing: Poisoning the guards and then throwing money to the crowd. Holy crap if that isn't one of the funniest things I've ever seen.I won't spoil it, just do it. Do it now.

heretrix

OMG genius!!!! Too bad I don't have the game anymore.

pis3rch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 pis3rch
Member since 2006 • 1695 Posts
Many of you must have skipped reading a few codex pages. Altair mentions that the PoE gives him glimpses of the future, so Minerva probably used that same power to see that desmond would access ezio's memories.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="njean777"]

He wasn't really a pawn. It's how prophecies go sometimes. But if you unlock "the trut" it really does throw christianity out the window. The ending basically tells us Humans created in Those that came before's image. TTCB enslaved the human species. Adam and eve rebel. Seemingly a natural disaster occur and adam and eve are the first two free willed humans, they survive because they have the apple.

Oh, now it makes a little more sense. lol.
spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 spike6566
Member since 2008 • 1630 Posts
Awesome game, but better then UC2, i beg to differ. the controlling aspect of AC2 is very clunky like AC1.